Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,746 members, 7,817,059 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:04 AM

How Is Nysc In The North?kano,kebbi,kaduna,jos,bauchi - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / How Is Nysc In The North?kano,kebbi,kaduna,jos,bauchi (1469 Views)

Is NYSC CDS Important / Is NYSC Certificate Required For NDA Professional Course? (foreign Students) / What Are The Best States To Do NYSC In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Is Nysc In The North?kano,kebbi,kaduna,jos,bauchi by Kingsley1000(m): 12:29pm On Mar 20, 2018
Am from the east,'m planning to work my service in the north,i have not been there but i have heard many gory and scarely stories about them like religious bigots and extremism,they kill at slightest provocation,no dating or having sex with their women(suicide mission),poor social life(clubbing,no partying or shows)and harsh weather condition,'m kinda skeptical as i don't want to be a victim as a result of any conflict....pls how is life as a corper and a resident in the north.i even plan settling there for business or work
Re: How Is Nysc In The North?kano,kebbi,kaduna,jos,bauchi by odemeetu1: 2:24pm On Mar 20, 2018
undecidedu
Re: How Is Nysc In The North?kano,kebbi,kaduna,jos,bauchi by Kingsley1000(m): 3:13pm On Mar 20, 2018
odemeetu1:
undecidedu
Good day,howfar
Re: How Is Nysc In The North?kano,kebbi,kaduna,jos,bauchi by CsRockefeller(m): 8:15am On Mar 21, 2018
Kingsley1000:
Am from the east,'m planning to work my service in the north,i have not been there but i have heard many gory and scarely stories about them like religious bigots and extremism,they kill at slightest provocation,no dating or having sex with their women(suicide mission),poor social life(clubbing,no partying or shows)and harsh weather condition,'m kinda skeptical as i don't want to be a victim as a result of any conflict....pls how is life as a corper and a resident in the north.i even plan settling there for business or work

I'm currently serving in jos plateau state and I can bodky say it's the best, the weather is perfect, food is cheap and fresh, the locals are nice, never knew the north central could be this fun, the days of crisis and boko haram is long gone in plateau though there are still little skirmishes btw herdsmen and farmers but plateau is dope
Re: How Is Nysc In The North?kano,kebbi,kaduna,jos,bauchi by lycannightwolf: 12:41pm On Mar 21, 2018
CsRockefeller:

I'm currently serving in jos plateau state and I can bodky say it's the best, the weather is perfect, food is cheap and fresh, the locals are nice, never knew the north central could be this fun, the days of crisis and boko haram is long gone in plateau though there are still little skirmishes btw herdsmen and farmers but plateau is dope

How much is your PPA paying? how much is the state paying? what about accommodation?
Re: How Is Nysc In The North?kano,kebbi,kaduna,jos,bauchi by Reelectbuhari: 8:58pm On Mar 21, 2018
North is cool
borno is very sweet and serene

pls I advise u to come and see how our north is
Re: How Is Nysc In The North?kano,kebbi,kaduna,jos,bauchi by CsRockefeller(m): 2:59am On Mar 22, 2018
lycannightwolf:

How much is your PPA paying? how much is the state paying? what about accommodation?

I work.in an NGO, they don't pay but gibr allowance based on outreaches and seminars they organize, they also gave me accommodation, many states including plateau don't pay.
Re: How Is Nysc In The North?kano,kebbi,kaduna,jos,bauchi by CuteMaro(m): 3:44am On Mar 22, 2018
Sokoto is one of the best places to be save for the harsh weather conditions. The locals here are very nice and honest, more than you can get in the south where i am from, or in the east. I can guarantee that most things you have heard about the North are nothing but heresy, so just have an open mind. Avoid Crisis prone states and if eventually you are to come to the North, stay around your fellow Corp members.

Meanwhile you can check my signature for cheapest data bundle deals e.t.c
Re: How Is Nysc In The North?kano,kebbi,kaduna,jos,bauchi by Kingsley1000(m): 6:36am On Mar 22, 2018
CsRockefeller:

What about kano,is it also peaceful as plateau,and how is cost of living and social life..i intend living in the north for couple of years after service

1 Like

Re: How Is Nysc In The North?kano,kebbi,kaduna,jos,bauchi by Kingsley1000(m): 6:39am On Mar 22, 2018
CuteMaro:
Sokoto is one of the best places to be save for the harsh weather conditions. The locals here are very nice and honest, more than you can get in the south where i am from, or in the east. I can guarantee that most things you have heard about the North are nothing but heresy, so just have an open mind. Avoid Crisis prone states and if eventually you are to come to the North, stay around your fellow Corp members.

Meanwhile you can check my signature for cheapest data bundle deals e.t.c
It's very far and coupled with harsh weather condition,i heard that most locals dont understand english so conversing with them will be a herculean task...how is social life there,(like dating,clubbing)
Re: How Is Nysc In The North?kano,kebbi,kaduna,jos,bauchi by CuteMaro(m): 8:04am On Mar 22, 2018
Kingsley1000:
It's very far and coupled with harsh weather condition,i heard that most locals dont understand english so conversing with them will be a herculean task...how is social life there,(like dating,clubbing)
Yes it is very far..like end of Nigeria lol. Harsh weather conditions yes, very harsh and confused sometimes. As for the locals understanding English, I stay in the Capital city and as such i have never had an encounter. Moreover the language sounds cool and quite easy to learn. Surprisingly, there are a good number of Christians here too.

Social Life here is above average, as nobody really cares about what you do with yourself or your money. We have nice hotels and clubs, you can get alcohols at your disposal.

Dating here, like i said nobody really cares about what you do, but i think it would be easier to date a fellow corp member or maybe from your church.

To add to it, beauty here is nothing as you will come to find that alot of their girls are quite beautiful naturally even without struggling. Most of their guyz are quite handsome too.

Everything i have said here is based on my experience in the capital city, i dnt have first hand information on other places.

NB: They have some major towns too besides the capital. Also note that cases of police harrassment is almost non-existent. Just do your thing and mind your business.

1 Like

Re: How Is Nysc In The North?kano,kebbi,kaduna,jos,bauchi by lycannightwolf: 8:41am On Mar 22, 2018
CsRockefeller:

I work.in an NGO, they don't pay but gibr allowance based on outreaches and seminars they organize, they also gave me accommodation, many states including plateau don't pay.

so they want me to survive on 19800? the gods must be crazy
Re: How Is Nysc In The North?kano,kebbi,kaduna,jos,bauchi by Mightyify(m): 9:22am On Mar 22, 2018
Kingsley1000:

Brother please don't ignore this advice, I beg you with the name of everything you hold dear. When to comes to having a wonderful service year.... northern states should be the last in ur list. Please, they're other better States in South South, South East, South West...choose from them.... don't come here. Read!

https://www.nairaland.com/4412299/six-6-reasons-why-should

(1) (Reply)

Common Mistakes Corpers Make In Searching For A Job / An Attempt To Bomb Nysc Jos Camp Foiled / How Much Are Nysc Doctors Paid ? Is There A Document ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.