Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,111 members, 7,814,899 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:36 PM

Is This The Best Way To Send Money To Nigeria? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Is This The Best Way To Send Money To Nigeria? (5841 Views)

What To Do When You Send Money To The Wrong Account / Paddy Adenuga Advises Men On What To Do Before Sending Money To Their Women / How To Send And Receive Paypal Funds In Nigeria (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This The Best Way To Send Money To Nigeria? by MizMyColi(f): 2:52pm On Mar 20, 2018
Hello,

I discovered this cool online service that allows you transfer foreign funds to your local Naija account.

It is way cheaper than cashremit, worldremit, transfast, cashfast, and co.

I am sharing the link because I am excited at the service and speed of delivery, and more so because I get some reward for those I refer....you also gain by transferring your first 500 dollars for free.

This people exchange 1 pound to naira @498 so imagine what others currencies rate will be like. Is there any other online service that beats that?! They have all the major currencies worldwide too!

https://transferwise.com/a/ijeomai3

Re: Is This The Best Way To Send Money To Nigeria? by PrinceJoeWan(m): 8:34pm On Mar 20, 2018
Wow Cool !!!
Re: Is This The Best Way To Send Money To Nigeria? by PrinceJoeWan(m): 8:35pm On Mar 20, 2018
Wow Cool !!!
So how does it work Generally, do I have to open an account with them first ?
Re: Is This The Best Way To Send Money To Nigeria? by dre11(m): 8:39pm On Mar 22, 2018
MizMyColi:
Hello,

I discovered this cool online service that allows you transfer foreign funds to your local Naija account.

It is way cheaper than cashremit, worldremit, transfast, cashfast, and co.

I am sharing the link because I am excited at the service and speed of delivery, and more so because I get some reward for those I refer....you also gain by transferring your first 500 dollars for free.

This people exchange 1 pound to naira @498 so imagine what others currencies rate will be like. Is there any other online service that beats that?! They have all the major currencies worldwide too!

HBD
Re: Is This The Best Way To Send Money To Nigeria? by MizMyColi(f): 7:10am On Mar 31, 2018
So guys, I heard so much about cashremit and how it is better than transferwise.

Cash remit is the online service most Naija-Australian residents use to transfer money.

But guess what?

Transfer wise is still the best!

https://transferwise.evyy.net/c/1218900/26105/985

Re: Is This The Best Way To Send Money To Nigeria? by PrinceJoeWan(m): 9:33am On Mar 31, 2018
Are u paid to Promote their Services?

MizMyColi:
So guys, I heard so much about cashremit and how it is better than transferwise.

Cash remit is the online service most Naija-Australian residents use to transfer money.

But guess what?

Transfer wise is still the best!

https://transferwise.evyy.net/c/1218900/26105/985

1 Like

Re: Is This The Best Way To Send Money To Nigeria? by MizMyColi(f): 10:42am On Mar 31, 2018
PrinceJoeWan:
Are u paid to Promote their Services?

I am an active user of their service, and I have no regret so far.

The link I post here is a referral link.
Re: Is This The Best Way To Send Money To Nigeria? by PrinceJoeWan(m): 12:28pm On Mar 31, 2018
If u have regrets y telling others to join ?

MizMyColi:

I am an active user of their service, and I have regret so far.

The link I post here is a referral link.
Re: Is This The Best Way To Send Money To Nigeria? by MizMyColi(f): 7:03pm On Mar 31, 2018
PrinceJoeWan:
If u have regrets y telling others to join ?

Hahaha
That's a typographical error.
Lol

I Have No Regrets so far. None at all.
Re: Is This The Best Way To Send Money To Nigeria? by Ndipe(m): 12:49am On May 14, 2019
With so many apps, which is the best?
Re: Is This The Best Way To Send Money To Nigeria? by HAYWHY101(m): 11:35pm On Dec 16, 2019
Hi. How long does it take typically for the money to get sent?
Re: Is This The Best Way To Send Money To Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:03am On Dec 14, 2020
Hello MizMyColi, is it still possible to transfer to naira accounts and which of this platforms will you recommend? The New CBN policy is quite confusing
Re: Is This The Best Way To Send Money To Nigeria? by MizMyColi(f): 6:28pm On Dec 14, 2020
Hello,

It's possible to transfer Naira through TransferWise.
It's just that the rates aren't that encouraging tbh.

Between them and black market, the difference is close to 90 naira. Still, for some people, it's the best.

For me, I use my foreign account to send USD to Naija, then it is exchanged at parallel market.

So if you have a foreign account and a dorm account in Naija, you can send USD and your people exchange in Naira.

Hope this helps.

deleyi20:
Hello MizMyColi, is it still possible to transfer to naira accounts and which of this platforms will you recommend? The New CBN policy is quite confusing

1 Like

Re: Is This The Best Way To Send Money To Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:44am On Dec 15, 2020
MizMyColi:
Hello,

It's possible to transfer Naira through TransferWise.
It's just that the rates aren't that encouraging tbh.

Between them and black market, the difference is close to 90 naira. Still, for some people, it's the best.

For me, I use my foreign account to send USD to Naija, then it is exchanged at parallel market.

So if you have a foreign account and a dorm account in Naija, you can send USD and your people exchange in Naira.

Hope this helps.

Thank you for your reply, interestingly I spoke to a Nigerian that introduced me to a UK based Money Transfer App that still sends cash to Naira Bank accounts and the rate is very very good. Thanks again for your response, very appreciated
Re: Is This The Best Way To Send Money To Nigeria? by MizMyColi(f): 1:13am On Dec 15, 2020
deleyi20:

Thank you for your reply, interestingly I spoke to a Nigerian that introduced me to a UK based Money Transfer App that still sends cash to Naira Bank accounts and the rate is very very good. Thanks again for your response, very appreciated

You're welcome smiley
Re: Is This The Best Way To Send Money To Nigeria? by alexvatt(m): 6:39am On Dec 15, 2020
deleyi20:

What is the name of that UK based Money Transfer App?
Re: Is This The Best Way To Send Money To Nigeria? by Ndipe(m): 8:42am On Dec 15, 2020
You can send money via western union now to Naija and the recipient will receive the very same currency in their bank.
Re: Is This The Best Way To Send Money To Nigeria? by leosantogod: 11:36am On Dec 15, 2020
For me, using Bitcoin is the best way to send money from anywhere in the world to Nigeria. All you both need is a wallet to receive it and the receiving party can convert to naira or any local currency easily. It saves you time and removes unnecessary transaction fees. There are several crypto exchanges that allow you to sell crypto for naira within seconds but I use Yellow Card https://www.yellowcard.io/nigeria/. You can check it out.

1 Like

Re: Is This The Best Way To Send Money To Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:35am On Dec 16, 2020
alexvatt:
What is the name of that UK based Money Transfer App?

The name of the app is Azimo. Very fast transfer and high Fx rates too. I was very impressed.

You can use this link - https://azimo.app/invite?code=ADEYEYEA3& to download the app from the AppStore.

After registering on the app, click this link again so you can get the discounts applied to your account and I will also get the discount as well smiley

I used my passport bio page to verify my identity

Re: Is This The Best Way To Send Money To Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:38am On Dec 16, 2020
Ndipe:
You can send money via western union now to Naija and the recipient will receive the very same currency in their bank.

Very correct, the challenge some of us have is that we are sending the money to our personal naira accounts in Nigeria and we don’t have domicilary accounts.

It is tough finding someone to help us take the USD to the parallel market to convert and deposit in our naira accounts.
Re: Is This The Best Way To Send Money To Nigeria? by munchpro: 4:11pm On Nov 22, 2021
I can help with that...

deleyi20:

Very correct, the challenge some of us have is that we are sending the money to our personal naira accounts in Nigeria and we don’t have domicilary accounts.

It is tough finding someone to help us take the USD to the parallel market to convert and deposit in our naira accounts.

(1) (Reply)

Banks In Ekiti Locked Out Customers For Fear Of Robbers? / Paypal Challenges / Getting Used And Empty Plastic Bottles In Lagos And How Much Does It Sell For?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.