Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,891 members, 7,817,621 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:43 PM

Creating A Mobile App With Just Java - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Creating A Mobile App With Just Java (1046 Views)

Elearning Website Development: Top 12 Tips For Creating A Successful Marketplace / Mobile Technology: Lets Build A Mobile App With Javascript / Take Your Web Development Skill/Career To The Next Level By Creating A Web App (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Creating A Mobile App With Just Java by nicemanpro(m): 8:11pm On Mar 20, 2018
pls am building a chat app and am a newbie to java. now am asking can i build such app with just java and nothing else? thanks in anticipation for your responses.
Re: Creating A Mobile App With Just Java by kingvicky(m): 9:18pm On Mar 20, 2018
nicemanpro:
pls am building a chat app and am a newbie to java. now am asking can i build such app with just java and nothing else? thanks in anticipation for your responses.
You might need JSP for the backend

1 Like

Re: Creating A Mobile App With Just Java by Cosplay: 9:30pm On Mar 20, 2018
kingvicky:

You might need JSP for the backend

This
Re: Creating A Mobile App With Just Java by zamie(m): 7:26am On Mar 21, 2018
nicemanpro:

I wouldn't advise you to build only with Java although it's possible.

A better alternative will be to use Java on the client side in the user's device and create a backend server. You will need have knowledge about web sockets, it's different from Http request and response.

You can build your backend web sockets with node js and socket.io or even with python. I'm not a php fan, so I won't mention it. I've actually recently build a built a web socket with python. Python has nice libraries for everything.

In my own simple opinion, learn another backend language

1 Like

Re: Creating A Mobile App With Just Java by kingvicky(m): 11:56am On Mar 21, 2018
zamie:

I wouldn't advise you to build only with Java although it's possible.

A better alternative will be to use Java on the client side in the user's device and create a backend server. You will need have knowledge about web sockets, it's different from Http request and response.

You can build your backend web sockets with node js and socket.io or even with python. I'm not a php fan, so I won't mention it. I've actually recently build a built a web socket with python. Python has nice libraries for everything.

In my own simple opinion, learn another backend language

Lol @ emboldened. I thought I was the only one who does this to languages i don't really like.
If it's a mobile chat app he intends building, I would suggest he learns any of the hybrid platforms (Ionic, Cordova or React Native) so as to make his app platform independent.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Learn How To Make Your Own 3D Animation – It’s So Easy Your Dog Could Do It / Hack Day Event Set To Hold. Just One Day Left For Registration / Huawei Just Officially Anounced Harmony OS As Android Replacement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.