Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,172 members, 7,953,639 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 09:29 PM

Passengers Weep As Aero Aircraft Struggle To Land For Hours - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Passengers Weep As Aero Aircraft Struggle To Land For Hours (9199 Views)

Air France Flight Forced To Land In Kenya After Bomb Was Found In Toilet / Over 120 Escape Death As Aero Aircraft Develops Fault Mid-air / Young Civilian Directs Traffic For Hours...(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Passengers Weep As Aero Aircraft Struggle To Land For Hours by manny4life(m): 3:35am On May 09, 2010
Its only in Nigeria I hear of this weird news. How the hell can a plane circle for two good hours and not land, you see why Fashola need to build a $600 million airport with a Cat III runway, that way and next time you guys don't have to wait in the air for tow hours even if its bad weather. Planes land very well in bad weather.

@Bababuff, I don't know how its done in Nigeria, Control tower communicates Departing and Landing clearances only, its the decision of the pilot to go around if he failed to come in the first time. In some really busy airports, because of traffic patterns, he would contact Regional Approach (TRACON) that he missed his approach and would request a go-around. Approach would vector him out, align him into traffic radar to land again. Again if he wanted to return to Abuja, like its done here, he doesn't need the towers permission. That's why after takeoff they tell you contact departure. Regional departure is the who will initiate a flight plan since he does not have an open flight plan.

Clearance delivery ===> Ground control ===> Tower control ===> Regional departures (TRACON)  ===en route control center. You get the idea.
Re: Passengers Weep As Aero Aircraft Struggle To Land For Hours by Nobody: 1:39am On May 13, 2010
Dolemite said:

Nigerians fear too damn much, the plane couldn't land, what's the problem? You just sit there and chill, no need to panic, you're not going to die, it's not like the plane had any fault.

lol,  Most folks have this idea that if the plane has to keep going round and round for too long, the engine will fashi.  grin grin
Re: Passengers Weep As Aero Aircraft Struggle To Land For Hours by Nobody: 5:07pm On May 14, 2010
Re: Passengers Weep As Aero Aircraft Struggle To Land For Hours by Smi1(m): 5:53am On May 15, 2010
Glad nobody was hurt
Re: Passengers Weep As Aero Aircraft Struggle To Land For Hours by eros(m): 7:24pm On May 15, 2010
Thank God they finally landed safely.
Re: Passengers Weep As Aero Aircraft Struggle To Land For Hours by virtual78: 12:39pm On May 21, 2010
"When we got down, my brother, I was shaken. Imagine how this country could have lost between 90 to 100 prominent people in an air crash. It could have been the worst in the history of this country.

Nonsense talk, prominent people? gimme a break,  worst in the history? go and read your history, some people just dont change,  shocked I bet he wasnt prominent when he was sweating in the plane
Re: Passengers Weep As Aero Aircraft Struggle To Land For Hours by Ranoscky(m): 10:47am On May 23, 2010
uhh, ? shocked

so this thread is stil existin?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Types Of Passports In Nigeria / Proof Of Ties To Country Of Residence/citizenship / Weather Is Precarious This Week, ‘Be Cautious’ – NCAA Warns Airlines, Travelers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.