Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,338 members, 7,811,980 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:23 AM

Am I Being Too Sensitive? Please Advise Me - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Am I Being Too Sensitive? Please Advise Me (291 Views)

AM I BEING CENSORED? / Am I Being Too Sensitive? Please Advise Me / Bishop David Abioye Charges Christians To Be Sensitive, Vigilant. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Am I Being Too Sensitive? Please Advise Me by 2morogobeta(f): 10:14pm On Mar 21, 2018
I do not like talking about my personal life.

I am an extremely private person.

When I was younger, I was not extremely private - and in the end, people often extracted information about my life, and used it against me or even worse used it to gossip about me.

I am from an African background and boy do they like to gossip! Aunties (not blood aunties, just family friends) will come to my face and ask me what I am studying, where I work, when I am getting married, what my family is up to etc - and I know for sure that they are only asking this because they want to compare their lives to mine or compare their own children's progress to my progress.

Or even if they are not, why do they feel so entitled to get information about my life. My parents are NEVER the type to go to someone else child and ask their child what their child is doing with their personal life, so why should someone come to me and my siblings?

I don't mind so much if the person is my age, but when it is someone old enough to be my mother it makes me feel uncomfortable.

A woman asked me the other day "where do I work" so I asked her "where do your children work" and she told me, and then still asked me where I work and I said "don't worry about it"

Me personally, it is not that I am ashamed about my life - it is just that I do not want people knowing my person life as I do not want people to know my whole business, and people often use this information against your or to gossip about you or to compare their lives to yours.

I only talk about my private life with close friends/family, I hate it when I speak to someone I have to divulge information about my personal life - why can't we just talk about general things such as the weather, celebrities, hobbies, food?

Am I being too sensitive? How much do you share?
Re: Am I Being Too Sensitive? Please Advise Me by Nobody: 10:25pm On Mar 21, 2018
Learn to ignore and blockout the fact people gossip about you just focus on what you plan on achieving in life or where you plan on being tomorrow and work towards it .....secondly change your environment if its not possible try to be scarce to those pokenosers in your environment that questions you.
Re: Am I Being Too Sensitive? Please Advise Me by HausaOverlord: 10:35pm On Mar 21, 2018
Become an Arsenal fan for a while, the stress and trauma that will be showing on ur face eh, even ur mumsi go fear to ask u question

(1) (Reply)

See Reasons Why Catholics Don't Eat Meat On Good Friday / Baby Girl, Expose Your Flaws And Get Fixed! / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 30/04/18

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.