Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,730 members, 7,817,004 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:42 PM

Imagine Nigeria Bans Christianity And Islam! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Imagine Nigeria Bans Christianity And Islam! (1349 Views)

Pastor Adeboye:Israel bans Christianity long ago no brethren there. (Vid) / The Corona Virus Has Shown How Christianity And Islam Have Failed Humanity / 4 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Christianity And Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Imagine Nigeria Bans Christianity And Islam! by budaatum: 4:39am On Mar 22, 2018
Imagine a bill is put forward in both houses and signed by the President banning Christianity and Islam such that:

All worship buildings are to be shut with immediate effect.

Anyone caught congregating in the name of Allah, Mohammed, God, Jesus, Mary, Gabriel, Michael or any thing so related would be fined 100000 Naira for the first offence, 200000 Naira and no less than 6 months imprisonment for the second offence, a million Naira and 2 years imprisonment for third offences which will be doubled for subsequent flouting of this ban.

Anyone adorning religious symbols related to Christianity and Islam, including but not limited to, the Bible, The Quran, a cross, text from either book, a hijab, etc will be deemed to have flouted the law and would be treated as though they were congregating.

Any building used for such congregating will be confiscated and its owner fined no less than a million Naira.

Get the gist?

What do you think reactions would be?

How would you react?

2 Likes

Re: Imagine Nigeria Bans Christianity And Islam! by OfficialAwol(m): 4:44am On Mar 22, 2018
Imagine there's no religion.

Nothing to kill, or die for. We would all be living as one.

God bless John Lennon.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Imagine Nigeria Bans Christianity And Islam! by project4OO: 5:30am On Mar 22, 2018
OfficialAwol:

God bless John Lennon.

Same way we are living as one with wandering Fulani herdsmen, money-loving kidnappers, skull mining traditionalists and drug shuttling developers??
I bet these ones kill for 'religion' too.

Illiteracy, social inequality, poverty and ethnic bigotry (not religion) are Nigeria's greatest problems.

Give religion to an educationally-deprived & poverty stricken ethnic-bigot, he will mis-use it. Take away religion from him, you may lose your head.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imagine Nigeria Bans Christianity And Islam! by Luminee(f): 5:40am On Mar 22, 2018
project4OO:

Same way we are living as one with wandering Fulani herdsmen, money-loving kidnappers, skull mining traditionalists and drug shuttling developers??

Illiteracy, social inequality, poverty and ethnic bigotry (not religion) are Nigeria's greatest problems.

Give religion to an educationally-deprived & poverty stricken ethnic-bigot, he will mis-use it. Take away religion from him, you may lose your head.

Good answer

project4OO click my link too..writeme.com seem to be loading forever

1 Like

Re: Imagine Nigeria Bans Christianity And Islam! by orisa37: 5:56am On Mar 22, 2018
Replace with Chrislam as State Doctrine and employ me as G.O of The Sanctuary.

1 Like

Re: Imagine Nigeria Bans Christianity And Islam! by Kendzyma(m): 6:04am On Mar 22, 2018
Lol,we arnt ready for that yet.....

An average black man is ruthless and aggressive with no human feelings,but religion has a way of subduing those traits by giving them smtg to be scared of,at least it reduces the % of potential killers and kidnappers in Nigeria.

Take away religion from them and u will see their true nature because our lives revolves around religious, we tend not to see things outside it..

Am sure an average Chinese Christian will move on and concentrat on other things since dey really dnt need religion in their country to start with.

But ban Christianity or Islam in a black man's country and see the true nature of an average religious black man.

1 Like

Re: Imagine Nigeria Bans Christianity And Islam! by paxonel(m): 6:14am On Mar 22, 2018
budaatum:
Imagine a bill is put forward in both houses and signed by the President banning Christianity and Islam such that:

Anyone caught congregating in the name of Allah, Mohammed, God, Jesus, Mary, Gabriel, Michael or any thing so related would be fined 100000 Naira for the first offence, 200000 Naira and no less than 6 months imprisonment for the second offence, a million Naira and 2 years imprisonment for third offences which will be doubled for subsequent flouting of this ban.

Anyone adorning religious symbols related to Christianity and Islam, including but not limited to, the Bible, The Quran, a cross, text from either book, a hijab, etc will be deemed to have flouted the law and would be treated as though they were congregating.

Any building used for such congregating will be confiscated and its owner fined no less than a million Naira.

Get the gist?

How would you react?
grin grin grin grin grin grin
That's not possible in Nigeria
Even the government that is doing that will begin to fight itself to destruction.

1 Like

Re: Imagine Nigeria Bans Christianity And Islam! by AnodaIT(m): 6:34am On Mar 22, 2018
There will be chaos

For now Nigeria is becoming lawless and the enforcers of the law are complaining of being overstretch every day

The only thing attempting to keep Nigeria on the moral compass is religion (even though it is not so good).

Before Christianity, our fathers were kept in check by the strong customs and punishment/reward system, that has been eroded

So take out religion now and we descend to anarchy because our justice system is really not in shape to serve the people as other countries that are progressing without religion

1 Like

Re: Imagine Nigeria Bans Christianity And Islam! by butterflylion: 7:14am On Mar 22, 2018
OfficialAwol:

God bless John Lennon.

There was no religion in the below countries listed yet see how many they killed as atheists.

Religion stems chaos! Atheism breeds chaos on a humongous scale.

Even atheists would start fighting and killing each other based on their numerous different ideologies devoid of God.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Imagine Nigeria Bans Christianity And Islam! by Nobody: 8:06am On Mar 22, 2018
Nigerian banning Christianity and Islam will do good in some ways, it',s will stop d meaningless killings, up north pastors won't be defrauding people of there hard earn money all in the name of paying tithes and offerings. imams and prophets won't be sleeping wit peoples wives all in the name of cleansing, and fruits of the womb, people will work hard rather than depending on some God to help them. banning Christianity and Islam in Nigerian will do more good, but then it's impossible causes Nigerian as a nation was built on the very foundations of Christianity and Islam.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Imagine Nigeria Bans Christianity And Islam! by CuteMadridista: 8:54am On Mar 22, 2018
Jesse01:
Nigerian banning Christianity and Islam will be a blessing to us all, we need to go back our root and culture.but then again nigerian was built on the foundations of Christianity and Islam so it's impossible.

Nigeria was NOT built on the foundation of Christianity and Islam, stop regurgitating the nonsense Christians and Muslims have been feeding us. they always attempt to change the past by rewriting history to favour their ideology

1 Like

Re: Imagine Nigeria Bans Christianity And Islam! by butterflylion: 9:10am On Mar 22, 2018
Jesse01:
Nigerian banning Christianity and Islam will do good in some ways, it',s will stop d meaningless killings, up north pastors won't be defrauding people of there hard earn money all in the name of paying tithes and offerings. imams and prophets won't be sleeping wit peoples wives all in the name of cleansing, and fruits of the womb, people will work hard rather than depending on some God to help them. banning Christianity and Islam in Nigerian will do more good, but then it's impossible causes Nigerian as a nation was built on the very foundations of Christianity and Islam.

A properly thinking person cannot ban what has been bringing a general good to a people.

1) schools built by churches
2)banks owned by churches
3) charities owned by the religious
And so on

Only a wrong thinking person would want such banned when such has done more good than harm to the people.

Our constitution as a country does not entertain such bans so until the constitution is redone it will forever remain a pipe dream.

Also, there is absolutely no guarantee that Nigeria would not become worse if such is done because ideologies still exist outside religion and people will always disagree with each others ideologies and where there is disagreement, there is hatred and where there is hatred there is strife and where there is strife there is conflict and conflict leads to death/deaths.

1 Like

Re: Imagine Nigeria Bans Christianity And Islam! by CuteMadridista: 9:14am On Mar 22, 2018
Kendzyma:
Lol,we arnt ready for that yet.....

An average black man is ruthless and aggressive with no human feelings,but religion has a way of subduing those traits by giving them smtg to be scared of,at least it reduces the % of potential killers and kidnappers in Nigeria.
I don't think this has any basis. mind you, I'm not saying you're wrong but its what's called "Not even wrong"

Overwhelming majority of inmates in prisons have one religion or the other

Our politicians that Embezzle our funds are all religious as far as I know, go to our Secretariats and local government offices to source for contracts and they'll request for kickbacks, you'll give kickbacks from the gatemen to the Chairman. guess what? they're all religious. I've witnessed this firsthand

Take away religion from them and u will see their true nature because our lives revolves around religious, we tend not to see things outside it..
we are seeing their true nature regardless, all religion does to them is make them hypocrites, chairman of a particular local government in Ondo state (don't wanna give his name) is a deacon in his church! yet requests massive kickbacks that we had to pull out

Do you think our politicians think about their religion when sharing money? as soon as they enter the office they forget everything religion then take the religious behavior up when heading to their churches and mosques

Am sure an average Chinese Christian will move on and concentrat on other things since dey really dnt need religion in their country to start with.
hmmmm

But ban Christianity or Islam in a black man's country and see the true nature of an average religious black man.
Their nature is already been shown and dare I say religion actually makes their behavior worse? without religion would there be suicide bombing? discriminating based on religious views?

also you're not seeing that religion is what makes the average Nigerian not to hold our government accountable so long there's a heaven they're heading to after this "vanity upon vanities" earth life. so they embezzle our monies and use a portion to build churches where the embezzled would gather to hear about this wonderful heaven they're heading to after they die and how this world is really not important. a place where people kneel down to pray to imaginary friends as protest for the embezzlements instead of standing up to fight for their rights

All religions do is give us one more reason to hate each other, as if we don't have enough already, while dressing themselves up as "loving" "tolerating" etc

3 Likes

Re: Imagine Nigeria Bans Christianity And Islam! by EmperorHarry: 9:44am On Mar 22, 2018
project4OO:

Remove religion and all you have is people...I still don't know why people believe utopia or something close to it will ever exist(Heaven,for religious people) ...Religion or no religion,there must always be an opposite to everything in life...Good cannot exist without evil,love cannot exist without hate,intelligence cannot exist without illiteracy...cos without the opposite neither one is significant...

2 Likes

Re: Imagine Nigeria Bans Christianity And Islam! by butterflylion: 10:31am On Mar 22, 2018
EmperorHarry:

Remove religion and all you have is people...I still don't know why people believe utopia or something close to it will ever exist(Heaven,for religious people) ...Religion or no religion,there must always be an opposite to everything in life...Good cannot exist without evil,love cannot exist without hate,intelligence cannot exist without illiteracy...cos without the opposite neither one is significant...

Your words in bold just confirmed that it's not religion that is the problem BUT PEOPLE ARE.

even when you take away religion those your words in bold would still exist and as long as they exist then clamanity is inevitable.
Re: Imagine Nigeria Bans Christianity And Islam! by HigherEd: 10:32am On Mar 22, 2018
OfficialAwol:

God bless John Lennon.
See mumu. North Korea is an atheist state - can you see how repressive and unprogressive it is. I have no problem with govt banning Islam and sending the atheists to prison though wink

1 Like

Re: Imagine Nigeria Bans Christianity And Islam! by CuteMadridista: 10:39am On Mar 22, 2018
HigherEd:

See mumu. North Korea is an atheist state - can you see how repressive and unprogressive it is. I have no problem with govt banning Islam and sending the atheists to prison though wink

North Koreans worship Kim Jung Un and his family as gods

1 Like

Re: Imagine Nigeria Bans Christianity And Islam! by EmperorHarry: 11:08am On Mar 22, 2018
butterflylion:

Your words in bold just confirmed that it's not religion that is the problem BUT PEOPLE ARE.

even when you take away religion those your words in bold would still exist and as long as they exist then clamanity is inevitable.
That's exactly what I'm saying... Religion takes a lot of blame for the negative activities of the people associated with it...This has become a norm and has become something that is heavily exploited...It has somehow given people license to do what they want all in the name of religion..Are there not other people that are under this same religion who are of good character and emulating the good qualities associated with it?!...I may not be a huge fan of religion but I'm always in support of it as an important factor in shaping the morality of our society until a much better option is available.
Re: Imagine Nigeria Bans Christianity And Islam! by budaatum: 11:43am On Mar 22, 2018
paxonel:

grin grin grin grin grin grin
That's not possible in Nigeria
Even the government that is doing that will begin to fight itself to destruction.
Impossible for you to just imagine too?

Ok!
Re: Imagine Nigeria Bans Christianity And Islam! by butterflylion: 11:46am On Mar 22, 2018
budaatum:

Impossible for you to just imagine too?

Ok!

Everybody is free to imagine anything but reality based on this OP is beyond imagination. There are too many unfavourable variables already historically documented to show this should never be considered.

However you are free to still hold to this "imagination". Imaginations hurt nobody! wink
Re: Imagine Nigeria Bans Christianity And Islam! by HigherEd: 12:52pm On Mar 22, 2018
CuteMadridista:

North Koreans worship Kim Jung Un and his family as gods
Lol here they come again with this lame excuse. How many North Korean families have you ever visited to know they "worship" the Kim dynasty as a religion. Adoration/Fear and absolute loyalty must never be confused for religion.

If you open the border of North Korea today, millions of people you say worship Kim would run of the country faster than a supersonic jet(But at least even if all of North Korea is deluded to truly worship Kim as a god I am sure Kim himself is an atheist and knows fully well that he is no god, yet he torments his people as an Atheist)

All I can assure you is that North Korea is an atheist country without Islam or Christianity yet a pile of sh!t and your atheism couldn't save it from descending into chaos. If atheism couldn't save North Korea it won't save Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Imagine Nigeria Bans Christianity And Islam! by CuteMadridista: 12:59pm On Mar 22, 2018
HigherEd:

Lol here they come again with this lame excuse. How many North Korean families have you ever visited to know they "worship" the Kim dynasty as a religion. Adoration/Fear and absolute loyalty must never be confused for religion.

All I can assure you is that North Korea is an atheist country without Islam or Christianity yet a pile of sh!t and your atheism couldn't save it from descending into chaos. If atheism couldn't save North Korea it won't save Nigeria.

How many North Korean families have you ever visited to know they're atheists? you ask lame questions not realising it falls back to you too
Re: Imagine Nigeria Bans Christianity And Islam! by DeSepiero(m): 1:01pm On Mar 22, 2018
HigherEd:

Bush man, no religion is NOT equal to atheism
Unlearn and relearn

2 Likes

Re: Imagine Nigeria Bans Christianity And Islam! by HigherEd: 1:14pm On Mar 22, 2018
CuteMadridista:

How many North Korean families have you ever visited to know they're atheists? you ask lame questions not realising it falls back to you too
DeSepiero:

Bush man, no religion is NOT equal to atheism
Unlearn and relearn

Even if you pretend to belief that NKreans are worshipping Kim. At least Kim himself alongside his party members are Atheists yet they have run North Korea to the ground even in the absence of religion.

The essence of my response is to proof to the moronic op that the absence of religion doesn't make a society necessarily better and I'm glad that DeSepiero now agrees that the absence of religion hasn't impacted NK positively.

On the other hand Christian populated countries in North America and Europe, Australia are flourishing while even the Jews of Is real are flourishing every now and there. So shove your bullshit atheist propaganda up ur arse!
Re: Imagine Nigeria Bans Christianity And Islam! by CuteMadridista: 1:17pm On Mar 22, 2018
HigherEd:

How did you know they were atheists? you challenged my post and I'm asking you how you know they're atheists?

and saying they're atheists because Kim and family are atheists is like saying you're all Muslims cuz Buhari is one

2 Likes

Re: Imagine Nigeria Bans Christianity And Islam! by HigherEd: 1:21pm On Mar 22, 2018
CuteMadridista:

How did you know they were atheists? you challenged my post and I'm asking you how you know they're atheists?

and saying they're atheists because Kim and family are atheists is like saying you're all Muslims cuz Buhari is one
The same way I know they are Muslims in Qatar, Christians in US or Canada. There are reputable non biased report about the state of religion in North Korea. You can look it up. I advise you not to seek for atheist propaganda blogs cos they would only reinforce your self delusion.

Kim Jong In is an ATHEIST who ran aground North Korea

1 Like

Re: Imagine Nigeria Bans Christianity And Islam! by CuteMadridista: 1:23pm On Mar 22, 2018
HigherEd:

The same way I know they are Muslims in Qatar, Christians in US or Canada. There are reputable non biased report about the state of religion in North Korea. You can look it up. I advise you not to seek for atheist propaganda blogs cos they would only reinforce your self delusion.

Kim Jong In is an ATHEIST who ran aground North Korea

Kim is an atheist, nobody is dragging that with you but his being an atheist doesn't make the citizens one!

The same way I know there are Muslims in Qatar and Christians in US or Canada is how I know North Koreans worship Kim Jung Un

they give him credit for good things that happen and blame themselves for the bad

1 Like

Re: Imagine Nigeria Bans Christianity And Islam! by Nobody: 3:15pm On Mar 22, 2018
budaatum:

Get the gist?

How would you react?

That will bring absolute peace on earth.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imagine Nigeria Bans Christianity And Islam! by budaatum: 2:35pm On Jun 02, 2018
butterflylion:

Sometimes, you do use your brain. If only you would understand what you yourself wrote above. Religion (including atheism) is not the problem. There is hope for us yet.

Regarding the op. Only a totalitarian society would attempt to ban religion. But sneakily, what they would end up doing is impose their own religion (we tend to
refer to them as 'ideologies', but that simply is what a religion is too), on people with the same tyranny some think is reserved for the established religions. An example is what Lenin attempted to do by replacing the ideologies of Christianity with those of what he referred to as Scientific Socialism. Whether the former is better than the latter is still being determined by history, but the methods of imposition remain the same, as the brutal impositions of Christianity and Islam show.

1 Like

Re: Imagine Nigeria Bans Christianity And Islam! by obinna58(m): 3:04pm On Jun 02, 2018
That will lead to a peaceful society religion has 95% connection of every bad things happen today
Re: Imagine Nigeria Bans Christianity And Islam! by spartan117(m): 3:13pm On Jun 02, 2018
OfficialAwol:

God bless John Lennon.
Money is the root of all evil, it's delusional to think that everyone will suddenly be at peace with each other because there is no religion. As long as the current financial system exists, there will be evil in the world
Re: Imagine Nigeria Bans Christianity And Islam! by vaxx: 4:58pm On Jun 02, 2018
budaatum:

Get the gist?

How would you react?
''imagination is more powerful than knowledge'' Eisenstein. interesting imagination. but do you have a replacement? not far fetched, many governments, Kings and different players in history have tried this with nothing but failure, but if the history repeat itself in Nigeria, believers would still practice in private, private groups, etc. i myself will be pat of those who will protest against it.

but let me imagine like you. before it can work , Nigeria will need to replace the system of governance to achieve this aim. maybe communist or totalitarian will work. whatsoever. but i suspect it might be replace with something more terrible. the devil you long know is better than the angel you just meet.

There will be lot of resistance and a lot of people crossing borders as religious/political refugees will increase. much of the rest of the world would probably institute embargo and other sanctions on Nigeria,Saudi Arabia for instance may close down her embassy in Lagos and that of Abuja. the business trade ties between the two cont will collapsed and this ma also be extend to the est of gulf counties like United Arab emirate, Qatar,Kuwait etc. Vatican will totally condemn it and also likely work close down all humanitarian benefit of catholic church in Nigeria. if it happens during this Donald trump time, USA may denied any NIGERIA diplomatic visa and ask Nigerians official to withdraw from their country for violating freedom of thought and worship. UN may also rise to defend the citizens.

Human right will form coalition to protests on the streets calling for the lifting of the ban on religion. This is basically because of free speech embedded in NIGERIA constitution..... but whatever way the govt to stop it, religion will still be practiced underground and the ideology will continue forever. you can not kill an idea that has come to stay.

it good to imagine. surprising i was listing to “Imagine” song by John Bennett this morning.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is King Solomon Black / Raw Unrefined Honey / Our Reality Is A Simulation Within A Greater Simulation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.