Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,742 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:47 PM

Man Sits At ATM ABU Zaria With POS, Gives Cash To People At Different Charges - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Man Sits At ATM ABU Zaria With POS, Gives Cash To People At Different Charges (34555 Views)

How A Lady With Fake Naira Notes Approached Me At ATM Queue - Man / I Cant Believe I Am Surviving With POS / Man Returns Money And ATM Card He Found At ATM Point To A Bank In Sokoto (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Sits At ATM ABU Zaria With POS, Gives Cash To People At Different Charges by pedrilo: 1:35pm On Mar 22, 2018
Agent banking ascending a dangerous crescendo
Re: Man Sits At ATM ABU Zaria With POS, Gives Cash To People At Different Charges by miqos02(m): 1:58pm On Mar 22, 2018
IdeyFindWife:

Miky, dis one wey you dey do "huhn, hung, huhn" upandan, you don chop govt money ni?

How market? God bless ur hustle bro!

the matters get as e be boss
Re: Man Sits At ATM ABU Zaria With POS, Gives Cash To People At Different Charges by figment232(m): 2:06pm On Mar 22, 2018
apexJ:
actually u have to be an agent and u get paid commission 4 each transaction u make
ok then how do I get the POS?
Re: Man Sits At ATM ABU Zaria With POS, Gives Cash To People At Different Charges by piagetskinner(m): 2:19pm On Mar 22, 2018
see them shouting smart guy etc...what's smart about what he's doing...?

he might be stealing those peoples info..and as well ripping them off with his useless charges..opportunists everywhere
Re: Man Sits At ATM ABU Zaria With POS, Gives Cash To People At Different Charges by Kajnoma: 2:56pm On Mar 22, 2018
Nice one bro!
Re: Man Sits At ATM ABU Zaria With POS, Gives Cash To People At Different Charges by bigtt76(f): 3:08pm On Mar 22, 2018
Same thing I'm trying to point out and someone is saying I'm naive or don't know what I'm saying undecided I nor kukuma worry ....no bi my accant grin

madridguy:
My brother ex was robbed with POS machine and they swapped over 800K from her account. Till date her bank couldn't trace the owner of the POS machine.

1 Like

Re: Man Sits At ATM ABU Zaria With POS, Gives Cash To People At Different Charges by afoxy17: 4:17pm On Mar 22, 2018
The ATM was not really unable to dispense cash, what happen was that the Bank officials will load small cash on the ATM machine and the man will withdraw all the cash. when you get there thee will be no cash to dispense, so you have no choice than to transact with him. This was the order of the day @ UPTH, it reduced when SAR started arresting them. if not stopped now, it will become a daily occurrence in ABU Zaria. mind you, there charges is very high, for very 1000 they pay you 700 and take 300, imagine.
Re: Man Sits At ATM ABU Zaria With POS, Gives Cash To People At Different Charges by frankbonus(m): 4:17pm On Mar 22, 2018
Well for me o I am asking questions : I know some that are into this business go as far as doing some Banking activities like withdrawal of cash and receiving of deposit, payment of Dstv Phcn etc. Can this be a legitimate business when you are not license by CBN? I need an answer pls. Or is it just a hustle that does not care about future clamp down
Re: Man Sits At ATM ABU Zaria With POS, Gives Cash To People At Different Charges by richhy84: 4:43pm On Mar 22, 2018
Some time I wonder how we reason . the guy is there solving a problem by making money . the guy may have a register business. You can become any bank agent. Do u know quickteller, etransact , baxibox. Or financial agent in a community. You too can do the same . the software on the pos will make it hard to be cloned. Except if the software developer compromised.
Re: Man Sits At ATM ABU Zaria With POS, Gives Cash To People At Different Charges by CofOLandOfPeace(m): 7:53pm On Mar 22, 2018
Nice business idea... And bold enough to execute it.
I love this man.
Re: Man Sits At ATM ABU Zaria With POS, Gives Cash To People At Different Charges by CofOLandOfPeace(m): 7:58pm On Mar 22, 2018
Really solving problems. And that's all about profitability in any business... Once you can find a problem to solve in the society, you'll be rich.
richhy84:
Some time I wonder how we reason . the guy is there solving a problem by making money . the guy may have a register business. You can become any bank agent. Do u know quickteller, etransact , baxibox. Or financial agent in a community. You too can do the same . the software on the pos will make it hard to be cloned. Except if the software developer compromised.
Re: Man Sits At ATM ABU Zaria With POS, Gives Cash To People At Different Charges by Nobody: 8:37pm On Mar 22, 2018
bigtt76:
Good business idea but my fears are as follows: -

1. Who is backing the guy up with security to have gotten the liver to sit there with all that cash?

2. How did he get the POS device connected to a banking system without having a fixed address? He's clearly simulating a purchase transaction on the POS and using the cards to deposit into an account.

3. How sure are we that he is not also stealing your card details to clone? While this is a good insight, people need to be careful with this. Remember when it was reported robbers now go about with POS devices to rob people of their cash? I hope this is not one them.

4. How are we sure the physical cash he's dishing out is not a proceed of an illegal activity and he's trying to circumvent the system to legally lodge the funds into his account? May be a stash of naira some politicians are try to now lodge genuinely into the banking system without raising suspicion? Someone needs to blow that whistle now ....something is amiss here! undecided
Dis pple sef.. Una too lyk grammar.
See now my head don dey pain me.. Nawa o
Re: Man Sits At ATM ABU Zaria With POS, Gives Cash To People At Different Charges by miqos02(m): 6:35am On Mar 23, 2018
IdeyFindWife:

Miky, dis one wey you dey do "huhn, hung, huhn" upandan, you don chop govt money ni?

How market? God bless ur hustle bro!

hmmm
Re: Man Sits At ATM ABU Zaria With POS, Gives Cash To People At Different Charges by Nobody: 8:11am On Mar 24, 2018
Ahmed0336:
In this case i can only risk N1000 anything above that i ll jejely look for any available atm that I can withdraw from case closed.

mukthar2000:
Also the same at kano here too, but i guess its the bank staff that plane for that, so that they make more money than what ATM charge

Kajnoma:
Nice one bro!

onomeabuja:

THE GUY IS MAKING MONEY BY EARNING COMMISSIONS.
SO THE MORE PEOPLE WITHDRAW THE MORE HIS PERCENTAGE GROWS! he.s not a fraudster
Using this kinda service is somehow risky because you don't know if there POS have been compromised.

1 Like

Re: Man Sits At ATM ABU Zaria With POS, Gives Cash To People At Different Charges by Ahmed0336(m): 8:12am On Mar 24, 2018
nwokoyepraise:

Using this kinda service is somehow risky because you don't know if there POS have been compromised.
Thats true.
Re: Man Sits At ATM ABU Zaria With POS, Gives Cash To People At Different Charges by emmylight4u: 8:58am On Mar 24, 2018
crisycent:
People are go gullible in this country. Have you thought of the security implications of this? What if he’s able to clone your card and wipe your bank account clean?

Oga this business is legit....the only thing he can do is to swap ur card and that's the more reason u re gonna be vigilant.
Re: Man Sits At ATM ABU Zaria With POS, Gives Cash To People At Different Charges by crisycent: 4:51pm On Mar 24, 2018
emmylight4u:

Oga this business is legit....the only thing he can do is to swap ur card and that's the more reason u re gonna be vigilant.

Like you have been doing it before. What makes you think that POS was issued by a bank legitimate bank?
Re: Man Sits At ATM ABU Zaria With POS, Gives Cash To People At Different Charges by elmisti(m): 9:14pm On Mar 24, 2018
crisycent:

Like you have been doing it before. What makes you think that POS was issued by a bank legitimate bank?

stop exhibiting ignorance with such effrontery. every POS and i repeat. Every POS have a bank end account that cash is remitted to. a bank account( for POS issued by banks) and a mobile money account (for the likes of paga,quickteller and co.)

and for clarification, the smaller POS in the post is that of a firstmonie agent which is Firstbank.
Re: Man Sits At ATM ABU Zaria With POS, Gives Cash To People At Different Charges by crisycent: 6:25pm On Mar 25, 2018
elmisti:

stop exhibiting ignorance with such effrontery. every POS and i repeat. Every POS have a bank end account that cash is remitted to. a bank account( for POS issued by banks) and a mobile money account (for the likes of paga,quickteller and co.)

and for clarification, the smaller POS in the post is that of a firstmonie agent which is Firstbank.

Mr. Know it all....I know you have all the POS in Nigeria but don’t say what you don’t know; let’s have a “common sense” debate. Have you asked yourself how ATM cards are cloned? Is it a bank that issued the cloned card? If hackers can attach card reading devices to “legitimate” bank ATM, why will it be difficult for this man to do the same?

Lastly read this news: https://www.nairaland.com/4415158/man-uses-pos-defraud-customers

It will help gullible individual like yourself.
Re: Man Sits At ATM ABU Zaria With POS, Gives Cash To People At Different Charges by elmisti(m): 7:06pm On Mar 25, 2018
crisycent:

Mr. Know it all....I know you have all the POS in Nigeria but don’t say what you don’t know; let’s have a “common sense” debate. Have you asked yourself how ATM cards are cloned? Is it a bank that issued the cloned card? If hackers can attach card reading devices to “legitimate” bank ATM, why will it be difficult for this man to do the same?

Lastly read this news: https://www.nairaland.com/4415158/man-uses-pos-defraud-customers

It will help gullible individual like yourself.

Did u read the story in d link at all?

unless it has been misused, a POS help ease financial transactions. no POS can compromise ur card security unless it has been compromised through other means. people ATM card get cloned or breached and u want to blame the POS machine? and YES on this topic, I KNOW MORE than someone who only read the news. . The machine needs authorization FROM CARD OWNER BEFORE ANY TRANSACTION CAN BE CONSUMMATED.

how funny u ignored all those movies you watched where the actor pays for stuffs with his card and remember just that one SCI-FI where the great hacker cloned cards. be positive bro!
Re: Man Sits At ATM ABU Zaria With POS, Gives Cash To People At Different Charges by crisycent: 7:14pm On Mar 25, 2018
elmisti:

Did u read the story in d link at all?

unless it has been misused, a POS help ease financial transactions. no POS can compromise ur card security unless it has been compromised through other means. people ATM card get cloned or breached and u want to blame the POS machine? and YES on this topic, I KNOW MORE than someone who only read the news. . The machine needs authorization FROM CARD OWNER BEFORE ANY TRANSACTION CAN BE CONSUMMATED.

how funny u ignored all those movies you watched where the actor pays for stuffs with his card and remember just that one SCI-FI where the great hacker cloned cards. be positive bro!

You don’t know sh!t man! You’re trying to defend what you don’t know. You didn’t answer my question about how individuals clone cards and they work perfect like the real one.

As for the story I shared, it’s sad you couldn’t read between the lines....maybe you’re still in high school and need time to grow up. The moral of the story is a legit POS can be used for anything including fraud! Grow up boy!
Re: Man Sits At ATM ABU Zaria With POS, Gives Cash To People At Different Charges by elmisti(m): 9:29pm On Mar 25, 2018
crisycent:

You don’t know sh!t man! You’re trying to defend what you don’t know. You didn’t answer my question about how individuals clone cards and they work perfect like the real one.

As for the story I shared, it’s sad you couldn’t read between the lines....maybe you’re still in high school and need time to grow up. The moral of the story is a legit POS can be used for anything including fraud! Grow up boy!

just give up as u always contradict urself. legit and fraud are two sides of a different coin.

How cards are cloned i dont know cuz i never did one. but am 100% sure cloning is not done with a POS. unless u can prove that and stop ur arm chair talks.

the story did not say d guy cloned card. instead he allowed his POS be used to initiate a fraudulent transaction.

and lastly. whenever something legit is misused. its automatically fraud from the onset. if an account is opened for an individual who later misused it does that mean all other accounts opened by d financial institution are frauds too? stop using a few to judge a whole. thats too naive!
Re: Man Sits At ATM ABU Zaria With POS, Gives Cash To People At Different Charges by crisycent: 6:53am On Mar 26, 2018
elmisti:

just give up as u always contradict urself. legit and fraud are two sides of a different coin.

How cards are cloned i dont know cuz i never did one. but am 100% sure cloning is not done with a POS. unless u can prove that and stop ur arm chair talks.

the story did not say d guy cloned card. instead he allowed his POS be used to initiate a fraudulent transaction.

and lastly. whenever something legit is misused. its automatically fraud from the onset. if an account is opened for an individual who later misused it does that mean all other accounts opened by d financial institution are frauds too? stop using a few to judge a whole. thats too naive!

Again, you keep talking about sh!t you don’t know! You said you don’ know how ATM cards are cloned but you’re SURE it’s not done with a POS....talk about contradiction.

Myopic individuals like yourself don’t see too far from where you’re standing. No wonder you’re still like this!

Did the bank(s) issue him a POS so he can turn it to his own mini bank simply because there are no ATM in the area?
Re: Man Sits At ATM ABU Zaria With POS, Gives Cash To People At Different Charges by elmisti(m): 8:28am On Mar 26, 2018
crisycent:

Again, you keep talking about sh!t you don’t know! You said you don’ know how ATM cards are cloned but you’re SURE it’s not done with a POS....talk about contradiction.

Myopic individuals like yourself don’t see too far from where you’re standing. No wonder you’re still like this!

Did the bank(s) issue him a POS so he can turn it to his own mini bank simply because there are no ATM in the area?

i wont dignify ur insults with a reply, but back to schooling you, tell me how a POS can clone cards without reference to any james bond series or dont say it again.

and yes, the bank issued him the agent POS to turn into a mini bank simply because the area need financial services which as u can see he is providing (not in d best way i agree). lol bro. my job is to issue one of these to people and businesses that can help provide such services. close and simple
Re: Man Sits At ATM ABU Zaria With POS, Gives Cash To People At Different Charges by crisycent: 10:51am On Mar 26, 2018
elmisti:

i wont dignify ur insults with a reply, but back to schooling you, tell me how a POS can clone cards without reference to any james bond series or dont say it again.

and yes, the bank issued him the agent POS to turn into a mini bank simply because the area need financial services which as u can see he is providing (not in d best way i agree). lol bro. my job is to issue one of these to people and businesses that can help provide such services. close and simple

If it’s your job to provide people with POS, it’s a shame you don’t know the security flaws in your job. Get trained boy!
Re: Man Sits At ATM ABU Zaria With POS, Gives Cash To People At Different Charges by elmisti(m): 11:07am On Mar 26, 2018
crisycent:

If it’s your job to provide people with POS, it’s a shame you don’t know the security flaws in your job. Get trained boy!

lol. u have not given just a way one can clone a card using a POS. cloning a sim card is hard enough. not to talk of a card.

mention a security flaw and stop ur hasty generalization.
Re: Man Sits At ATM ABU Zaria With POS, Gives Cash To People At Different Charges by crisycent: 3:12pm On Mar 26, 2018
elmisti:

lol. u have not given just a way one can clone a card using a POS. cloning a sim card is hard enough. not to talk of a card.

mention a security flaw and stop ur hasty generalization.

Google is your friend boy!

Re: Man Sits At ATM ABU Zaria With POS, Gives Cash To People At Different Charges by elmisti(m): 3:19pm On Mar 26, 2018
crisycent:

Google is your friend boy!

loool. now i agree.

get a POS, Unscrew and ultimately get card info.

bravo bravo
Re: Man Sits At ATM ABU Zaria With POS, Gives Cash To People At Different Charges by crisycent: 3:33pm On Mar 26, 2018
elmisti:

loool. now i agree.

get a POS, Unscrew and ultimately get card info.

bravo bravo

It’s always been hard for you to read between the lines. I’m not surprised at your dumb explanation.
Re: Man Sits At ATM ABU Zaria With POS, Gives Cash To People At Different Charges by elmisti(m): 3:46pm On Mar 26, 2018
crisycent:

It’s always been hard for you to read between the lines. I’m not surprised at your dumb explanation.

lol...take care boss. God bless
Re: Man Sits At ATM ABU Zaria With POS, Gives Cash To People At Different Charges by pakpan89(m): 5:34pm On Mar 26, 2018
You too can do same and make money. Contact me to refer you to a company licensed by CBN to get the POS. All txns are INSTANT. You deal with those small amount txns and make cool money fast. It's the future banking business whether we believe it or not. It will fill everywhere like recharge card business and replace it. Delivery nationwide.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Withdraw your Fiverr, Upwork, Freelancer Earnings #330/$ / Banks Jittery Over Single Account As Buhari Takes Over / Urgent : Corporate Affairs Commission - Name Search And Incorporation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.