Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,108 members, 7,811,121 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:36 AM

How A Lady With Fake Naira Notes Approached Me At ATM Queue - Man - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How A Lady With Fake Naira Notes Approached Me At ATM Queue - Man (22810 Views)

How To Identify A Fake Naira Note (Video) / 12 Types Of People You Meet On ATM Queue / Lady Loses N15,000 At An ATM Queue In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How A Lady With Fake Naira Notes Approached Me At ATM Queue - Man by nlfpmod: 9:00am On Feb 08, 2023
As shared by Twitter user.

Yesterday, I went to First Bank to use the ATM,
I got there and looked around and joined the long queue. A young lady came to meet me and asked how much I wanted to withdraw.

She said she over withdrew money; She was supposed to withdraw ₦3,000 but mistakenly pressed ₦30,000. She will give me ₦20,000 cash, I will transfer it to her account.

This is what shocked me; I have been standing on the queue for approximately five minutes and I never saw this Lady around that ATM, she wasn't on the queue, she never made any withdrawal.

Which ATM did she use in getting the ₦30,000?

I told her I will wait for my turn, she left my side, I asked the man in my front, did you see this lady around? I wanted to point her but the Lady had disappeared, I didn't see her again.

I told the man what she said and he laughed and said it is an old logic. They come with fake Naira notes claiming they mistakenly pressed and withdraw the wrong amount.

When you are in a hurry to leave the long queue, you transfer the money to them and they give you cash.

You leave happily thinking you have escaped long queue, go to wherever to buy something with the money and realise you were given fake money

The man called it Old logic but what saved me was my keen observation, she looked so innocent and pretty, you won't even suspect a thing.

I am sure someone out there is hearing about this stealing logic for the first time.

I had to post this because I am hearing it for the first time too o. It might help someone who doesn't know this too.

- Jerry Gilbert

https://twitter.com/Ansarabdul070/status/1622836854859890690?t=eXX6fOS6yAq729ziR3oLaw&s=08

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How A Lady With Fake Naira Notes Approached Me At ATM Queue - Man by Moh247: 9:01am On Feb 08, 2023
Thanks for the update

69 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How A Lady With Fake Naira Notes Approached Me At ATM Queue - Man by devilmaycry: 9:03am On Feb 08, 2023
Actually old scamming moves
But very naive peeps still fall for it

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How A Lady With Fake Naira Notes Approached Me At ATM Queue - Man by Wealthyonos(m): 9:03am On Feb 08, 2023
See trick. Thank God you didn't fall for it

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How A Lady With Fake Naira Notes Approached Me At ATM Queue - Man by Jennyclay(f): 9:08am On Feb 08, 2023
What proof does he have to show that it was fake note? undecided

93 Likes 11 Shares

Re: How A Lady With Fake Naira Notes Approached Me At ATM Queue - Man by Shalommy(f): 9:09am On Feb 08, 2023
In naija anything is a cash out. If you loose guard, them run your matter. Chaii..cheesy cheesy

22 Likes

Re: How A Lady With Fake Naira Notes Approached Me At ATM Queue - Man by RoyalRumble1(m): 9:22am On Feb 08, 2023
Jennyclay:

Just shut up.

Can't you see someone confirming to him that it is an old logic? Do you care to think if that man has experienced it too?

It is not a must for you to comment when you have nothing to say.

Helpfromabove1:
Try his scam don expire , no atm machine for now gives more than 20k , many atm give just 5k with the new cbn policy

Secondly you have access cash and u want to give it out for free we’re pos guy are ready to buy it from you and charge 2,000 for 10,000

This scam don expire

Tnk u for the explanation, let those looking for proof that it's not scam read this.

100 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How A Lady With Fake Naira Notes Approached Me At ATM Queue - Man by Elvis2kay: 9:25am On Feb 08, 2023
shocked
Re: How A Lady With Fake Naira Notes Approached Me At ATM Queue - Man by UncleKoboko: 9:26am On Feb 08, 2023
grin
UmbrateethO4 mama
Re: How A Lady With Fake Naira Notes Approached Me At ATM Queue - Man by Helpfromabove1(m): 9:26am On Feb 08, 2023
Try his scam don expire , no atm machine for now gives more than 20k , many atm give just 5k with the new cbn policy

Secondly you have access cash and u want to give it out for free we’re pos guy are ready to buy it from you and charge 2,000 for 10,000

This scam don expire

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: How A Lady With Fake Naira Notes Approached Me At ATM Queue - Man by concacid: 9:27am On Feb 08, 2023
Thanks for sharing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How A Lady With Fake Naira Notes Approached Me At ATM Queue - Man by stano2(m): 9:27am On Feb 08, 2023
Illegal
Re: How A Lady With Fake Naira Notes Approached Me At ATM Queue - Man by xisexe7: 9:27am On Feb 08, 2023
Old format

4 Likes

Re: How A Lady With Fake Naira Notes Approached Me At ATM Queue - Man by Fr33born(m): 9:27am On Feb 08, 2023
And she even said she withdrew 30k when ATM's aren't paying more than 20k.
She tried

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: How A Lady With Fake Naira Notes Approached Me At ATM Queue - Man by UncleKoboko: 9:27am On Feb 08, 2023
How
Re: How A Lady With Fake Naira Notes Approached Me At ATM Queue - Man by tuoyoojo(m): 9:28am On Feb 08, 2023
The problem with Nigeria is that most people are willing to cheat others when given the slightest opportunity.

See that girl that wants to rip off an innocent man, thank God he was vigilant.

we only complain about corruption when it doesn't benefit us

when people get jobs thru people they know, those people call it" connect" or they would say na God o

but others who did not get will call it nepotism or tribalism

May we become better Nigerians with the new incoming administration

23 Likes

Re: How A Lady With Fake Naira Notes Approached Me At ATM Queue - Man by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:28am On Feb 08, 2023
Truly, some Nigerians

are the problems of Nigeria

GOD BLESS ZULUM for the below...

Any bank in Borno State unwilling to ensure their ATMs are fully dispensing new naira notes cash to ease the suffering of our people, we will withdraw their land title immediately.
We will only spare Banks with verifiable constraints,” Zulum said.He added that he was unhappy seeing hundreds of people queuing at a bank branch, with only one out of 10 ATMs dispensing cash
“As you can see here, only the less-privileged people are queued up. I didn’t see rich people here.
Many people are said to be here since 3:00 am; some could not even eat anything.
The new naira note and even the old ones are not available, which is adversely affecting commercial activities in the state, and people are suffering,” the governor said

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How A Lady With Fake Naira Notes Approached Me At ATM Queue - Man by sonofElElyon: 9:29am On Feb 08, 2023
RoyalRumble1:

Just shut up.

Can't you see someone confirming to him that it is an old logic? Do you care to think if that man has experienced it too?

Must you be so rude?
Everyone is entitled to their opinion.
Learn to be tolerant of dissenting views

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How A Lady With Fake Naira Notes Approached Me At ATM Queue - Man by MrJames007: 9:30am On Feb 08, 2023
You can't just conclude like that. Shey u be kid wey no go sabi fake note.
Re: How A Lady With Fake Naira Notes Approached Me At ATM Queue - Man by Mikedel80: 9:30am On Feb 08, 2023
Jennyclay:
No proof my sister. Baseless assumptions
Re: How A Lady With Fake Naira Notes Approached Me At ATM Queue - Man by emmykk(m): 9:30am On Feb 08, 2023
Some people turn sincere gesture as scam.
That is how they heap the naira scarcity on POS agents while in essence 85% of the agent don't even have cash to continue.

4 Likes

Re: How A Lady With Fake Naira Notes Approached Me At ATM Queue - Man by broadman20: 9:31am On Feb 08, 2023
RoyalRumble1:

Just shut up.

Are you sure he's not part of the scam?

You just can't be defending a crime without any reason.

5 Likes

Re: How A Lady With Fake Naira Notes Approached Me At ATM Queue - Man by Psady(m): 9:31am On Feb 08, 2023
Oga calm down,that question has every iota of truth and sense. What evidence ?
@RoyalRumble1
Re: How A Lady With Fake Naira Notes Approached Me At ATM Queue - Man by Omniman(m): 9:31am On Feb 08, 2023
Na wa o
Re: How A Lady With Fake Naira Notes Approached Me At ATM Queue - Man by Chuknovski(m): 9:31am On Feb 08, 2023
Lucky you, men with insidious plans for fine girls would have fallen cheaply, it's really Good to work with one's intuition

5 Likes

Re: How A Lady With Fake Naira Notes Approached Me At ATM Queue - Man by VeryWickedMan: 9:31am On Feb 08, 2023
NLPoliceWoman:

Seun Mynd44 Dominique justwise.
Rule 1.
Rule 2.

8. Don't post false information on Nairaland.

There are many opportunities in the Job/Vacancies section bro.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Emefiele Accuses Nigerian Business Moguls Of Using Illegal Markets (Video) / Outgoing CEO Of UBA, Phillips Oduoza Celebrated By Elumelu, Sanusi, Akpabio / 4 Lessons Entrepreneurs Should Learn From Dangote’s Bloomberg Interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.