Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,999 members, 7,817,950 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:46 PM

California Police Kill A Black Man After Mistaken His Cellphone For A Gun. - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / California Police Kill A Black Man After Mistaken His Cellphone For A Gun. (43931 Views)

Thief's Face Transforms Into Chinese Man's After Beating (photo) / 8 Repentant Terrorists Die After Mistaken Explosive Device For Scrap Metals / Young Man Shot Dead By Cultists After ‘Mistaken Him For Someone Else’. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: California Police Kill A Black Man After Mistaken His Cellphone For A Gun. by martineverest(m): 5:41pm On Mar 22, 2018
Nowenuse:

I always listened to that song in the past but never knew what it was about. What was it really about?
the innocent African was shot 49 times by American police ,thinking he was holding a gun......they later realised he wasn't holding any.the police men weren't jailed.

if u notice,that music started with 49 gunshots
Re: California Police Kill A Black Man After Mistaken His Cellphone For A Gun. by Nowenuse: 5:41pm On Mar 22, 2018
yemi15:

There is a difference, one is mentioned as a term of endearment for blacks while one is inherently racist

Hmm, aren't they pronounced in the same way?
Re: California Police Kill A Black Man After Mistaken His Cellphone For A Gun. by Nowenuse: 5:42pm On Mar 22, 2018
martineverest:
the innocent African was shot 49 times by American police ,thinking he was holding a gun......they later realised he wasn't holding any.they police men went jailed.

if u notice,that music started with 49 gunshots

Yeah thanks.
Re: California Police Kill A Black Man After Mistaken His Cellphone For A Gun. by Mobsync(m): 5:42pm On Mar 22, 2018
TheMinimalist:
Not everything has to do with skin color . He wasn't shot because he's black ,he was shot because his hand movements was mistaken as bringing out a gun. now I can show you other numerous examples of white cop killing white guy and black cop killing black guy simply based on mistaken assumptions .
even if everyone is the same skin color or race, people will kill people ,cop will harass presumed criminals based on mannerism or suspicious movements , rich will oppress poor, there'll always be rich and poor ,there'll always be favoritism based on a particular feature or qualification an individual prefers , etc.
Here's just one of such example . John Winkler , an aspiring TV producer , white male shot by cops numerous times due to mistaken assumption.I can show you 10s of others upon request.
In any case, whether or not the shooting is black on black , white on black or white on white , the American Police needs reform.
http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-sheriff-admits-mistakenly-killing-tv-producer-in-west-hollywood-20140410-story.html

I know. I never said he was killed because of his skin color. Here is what I actually said regarding that part.

Despite what people say, they do not discriminate between blacks and whites. They shoot like it's no one business. It's just that the death of blacks tend to make the news.

From what I've read, they even kill more whites than blacks. It's just that the there is a stereotype that they kill blacks more, which is why black shootings always make the news.
Re: California Police Kill A Black Man After Mistaken His Cellphone For A Gun. by ameri9ja: 5:43pm On Mar 22, 2018
BetaThings:

They say Nigeria is shithole and America is heaven

Look at a man shot dead in cold blood by a bailbond agent
He was trying to escape through the window; he was not a threat to the woman who shot him in the back
She was acquitted of first degree

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elVClWlTOZ4

DIFFERENCE: in Nigeria they may go and arrest the family and they have to pay bribe to get his body.
In US the family is guaranteed millions.
Re: California Police Kill A Black Man After Mistaken His Cellphone For A Gun. by Nobody: 5:44pm On Mar 22, 2018
Because the policeman is not a Muslim, it's racial abuse but not terrorism
RIP to the dead, but why did the policeman keep shooting? I mean is 2/3 shots at strategic body parts not enough?
Re: California Police Kill A Black Man After Mistaken His Cellphone For A Gun. by BetaThings: 5:44pm On Mar 22, 2018
superior1:
Putting your hand into your pocket for your phone after being stopped by a police is a recipe for untimely death.

Folks should learn to obey the police first and complain later.

Yes, we should
So did Trayvon Martin also disobeyed police officer, right? And did George Zimmerman listen when we was asked to leave him alone?

And was this PhD student also not cooperating?

https://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Video-shows-police-tackling-and-beating-a-black-10858772.php

Crosby stops the car in the driveway of a church, and slowly gets out facing the officers, hands in the air.

He begins to explain, but the officers order him to keep his hands up. Others scream at him to get on the ground.

He turns and, in an instant, five officers sprint toward him. They drive him back several feet, kneeing him to force him to the ground and striking him with open hands to make him comply, a police spokesman said later.

"Stop resisting," an officer yells as another strikes Crosby's thigh.

"I'm cooperating. I'm cooperating," Crosby replies.
Related Stories

He continues to explain that the car is his, where he got it from and when. He attends Northwestern and is in the department of civil and environmental engineering, he says. He was just trying to fix his car.

He asks the officers why he's being handcuffed; they say they have to figure out who the car belongs to.

They determine it's his, but he was still arrested and charged with disobeying officers and resisting arrest. A judge later threw out the charges, Crosby's attorney Tim Touhy, told the Chicago Tribune.

The officers were never charged or disciplined. The Evanston Police Department has defended their actions.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: California Police Kill A Black Man After Mistaken His Cellphone For A Gun. by Afamed: 5:45pm On Mar 22, 2018
ameri9ja:

Less than 30 people killed. None of them Nigerian.
Yes non is a Nigerian. That proves no perfect society.
Re: California Police Kill A Black Man After Mistaken His Cellphone For A Gun. by martineverest(m): 5:49pm On Mar 22, 2018
Nowenuse:

Yeah thanks.
there was a typo in the last comment

*the police weren't jailed.

1 Like

Re: California Police Kill A Black Man After Mistaken His Cellphone For A Gun. by freecocoa(f): 5:50pm On Mar 22, 2018
Sagamite:

You are a mooooron!

How come you omitted the fact that he was running and was being chased for breaking into cars?
Seriously?
Re: California Police Kill A Black Man After Mistaken His Cellphone For A Gun. by BetaThings: 5:51pm On Mar 22, 2018
Mobsync:
Most of us will appreciate the Nigerian Police if we know how much American police officers kill unharmed civilians over there.

Despite what people say, they do not discriminate between blacks and whites. They shoot like it's no one business. It's just that the death of blacks tend to make the news.

Please stop it. They discriminate
If a black tries some things that whites do, it is RIP for the black

https://www.alternet.org/civil-liberties/8-white-people-who-pointed-guns-police-officers-and-managed-not-get-killed

1 Like

Re: California Police Kill A Black Man After Mistaken His Cellphone For A Gun. by freecocoa(f): 5:53pm On Mar 22, 2018
ameri9ja:

You get killed and your family get nothing VS. you get killed and your family gets millions, u don't see any difference. I give up.
Lol, nna me sef give up o. grin grin
Re: California Police Kill A Black Man After Mistaken His Cellphone For A Gun. by yemi15(m): 5:55pm On Mar 22, 2018
Nowenuse:

Hmm, aren't they pronounced in the same way?

No, check out Django unchained and how true Southern white man mentions that word
Re: California Police Kill A Black Man After Mistaken His Cellphone For A Gun. by Nowenuse: 5:56pm On Mar 22, 2018
martineverest:
there was a typo in the last comment

*the police weren't jailed.

Of course I saw that. I knew it was a mistake.
Re: California Police Kill A Black Man After Mistaken His Cellphone For A Gun. by ameri9ja: 5:57pm On Mar 22, 2018
Afamed:

Yes non is a Nigerian. That proves no perfect society.

Shows how you don't feel threatened by it. There are 330 million Americans and also a huge number of Nigerians in US.
Re: California Police Kill A Black Man After Mistaken His Cellphone For A Gun. by Nowenuse: 5:57pm On Mar 22, 2018
yemi15:

No, check out Django unchained and how true Southern white man mentions that word

Hmm, I watched that movie again few weeks ago. Seems like I don't really notice the difference.
Re: California Police Kill A Black Man After Mistaken His Cellphone For A Gun. by ameri9ja: 5:58pm On Mar 22, 2018
freecocoa:
Lol, nna me sef give up o. grin grin

Na wa o, my sister.
Re: California Police Kill A Black Man After Mistaken His Cellphone For A Gun. by yemi15(m): 5:58pm On Mar 22, 2018
Nowenuse:

Hmm, I watched that movie again few weeks ago. Seems like I don't really notice the difference.

Watch it again, the intonation alone does it
Re: California Police Kill A Black Man After Mistaken His Cellphone For A Gun. by FroshJaynex(m): 5:59pm On Mar 22, 2018
Leetunechi:
Like if you want buhari to be voted out

Share if you want him to be re elected

Let see who wins
All y'all do is vote online with no physical activity to let them know how bad they've been playing us, weak Nigerian youth. stop this rubbish already
Re: California Police Kill A Black Man After Mistaken His Cellphone For A Gun. by freecocoa(f): 6:01pm On Mar 22, 2018
ameri9ja:

Na wa o, my sister.
Lol no be small something, its well. grin grin

I never knew there was no difference between a gala seller and dangote pikin. grin grin cheesy
Re: California Police Kill A Black Man After Mistaken His Cellphone For A Gun. by ameri9ja: 6:05pm On Mar 22, 2018
freecocoa:
Lol no be small something, its well. grin grin

I never knew there was no difference between a gala seller and dangote pikin. grin grin cheesy

cheesy grin smiley grin
Re: California Police Kill A Black Man After Mistaken His Cellphone For A Gun. by Nowenuse: 6:06pm On Mar 22, 2018
yemi15:

Watch it again, the intonation alone does it

Well, I consider that to be a white intonation. Or not?

I know that generally in the US, it is offensive for whites to use the Nigga word for a black person, but very much acceptable for a black person to use it on a black person.
Re: California Police Kill A Black Man After Mistaken His Cellphone For A Gun. by Lilusm: 6:09pm On Mar 22, 2018
The police were just scared!
Re: California Police Kill A Black Man After Mistaken His Cellphone For A Gun. by talk2percy(m): 6:11pm On Mar 22, 2018
Jesus Christ! 20 damn times for his own backyard kwa? If this were to be a white boy with a very seen gun, he wouldn't have fired a single shot at him.
Re: California Police Kill A Black Man After Mistaken His Cellphone For A Gun. by Jidibia(m): 6:17pm On Mar 22, 2018
DrRasheed:
And some dimwits are packing their hard end monies to depart there....

Nigeria forever...
Is naija better? Our police here is even worst....
Re: California Police Kill A Black Man After Mistaken His Cellphone For A Gun. by yemi15(m): 6:28pm On Mar 22, 2018
Nowenuse:

Well, I consider that to be a white intonation. Or not?

I know that generally in the US, it is offensive for whites to use the Nigga word for a black person, but very much acceptable for a black person to use it on a black person.

Yes, so true, how can one then know when said by a white man which one it is as the nigger word especially is very offensive?
Re: California Police Kill A Black Man After Mistaken His Cellphone For A Gun. by Nowenuse: 6:36pm On Mar 22, 2018
yemi15:

Yes, so true, how can one then know when said by a white man which one it is as the nigger word especially is very offensive?

As a white man, never use the word. The word is even banned and against the law over there, but black people still use it on each other since it is very acceptible in the black community.

There is no difference with Nigger & Nigga. Just that as a non- black man, never use it.

1 Like

Re: California Police Kill A Black Man After Mistaken His Cellphone For A Gun. by GodIsBiafran: 6:45pm On Mar 22, 2018
Sapiosexuality:
Racism.

Few days ago on Nairaland one inferiority challenged Nairalander created a stupid thread asking the whites to come rule us some more.

Dude thought that those men who colonised Nigeria cared about the people they lumped together to form the heterogenous country. Pathetic!

The officers who killed Eric Garner and Trevor Martin are still walking free and in Ferguson Police Department they treat them like kings.

The truth is, after the whites raped our psyche, the fools they gave power to also join hands to further violate us. We failed blacks all over the world.

If the racists escaped in Obama's admin. Trump's will drive a nail in their coffin. We failed these guys. Garvey saw this and tried the BTA movement. We failed our race.

What do you mean by the emboldened. Can you please explain. Thanks.
Re: California Police Kill A Black Man After Mistaken His Cellphone For A Gun. by Kobicove(m): 6:46pm On Mar 22, 2018
Shot 20 times cos of a cell phone. shocked

Jeez! This was no mistake, it was an assassination!
Re: California Police Kill A Black Man After Mistaken His Cellphone For A Gun. by maasoap(m): 6:47pm On Mar 22, 2018
superior1:
Putting your hand into your pocket for your phone after being stopped by a police is a recipe for untimely death.

Folks should learn to obey the police first and complain later.
In his own backyard. I guess you missed that part? Then, the report said that he was holding it. Again, you missed that part too?
Re: California Police Kill A Black Man After Mistaken His Cellphone For A Gun. by Sagamite(m): 6:51pm On Mar 22, 2018
freecocoa:
Seriously?

Of course!

If you want to make a point, put all the FACTS on the table.

Don't omit and shape the information to set a false narrative.

If you know your point is valid, you would not need to omit and shape.

Any idiot reading his information would assume that police just entered his backyard for no reason and shot him.

I am not saying the police are right, justified or have not committed any crime in shooting him, just bloody don't change the narrative. Just put the whole fact and let people make informed judgements.
Re: California Police Kill A Black Man After Mistaken His Cellphone For A Gun. by maasoap(m): 6:55pm On Mar 22, 2018
Mobsync:

I know. I never said he was killed because of his skin color. Here is what I actually said regarding that part.

[b] From what I've read, they even kill more whites than blacks. [/by It's just that the there is a stereotype that they kill blacks more, which is why black shootings always make the news.
Show us where you read it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lady Disgraced For Stealing At A Wedding In Delta (Photos) / Cocaine: Tammy Olaiya Pleads Guilty To Drug Trafficking And Bank Fraud / Police Begins Manhunt For Killers Of Uniport Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.