Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,490 members, 7,836,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:30 PM

2 Die In Well Over N1000 - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 2 Die In Well Over N1000 (586 Views)

Gtbank Still Chagring N5 Per N1000 COT / Bundles Of N1000 Notes / What Business Can I Start With N80000 And I Will Be Making Atleast N1000 Daily? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2 Die In Well Over N1000 by supereagle(m): 4:26am On May 04, 2010
KADUNA—THERE was confusion in the Kadara area of Sabon Tasha, Kaduna State, weekend, following the death of two young men inside a well.
Sources said the two young men dived into a well, rijia, in the area to recover a missing N1000 bill but did not come out alive.

An Igbo woman was said to be fetching water from the well in the neighbourhood, where her shop is located, when the N1000 note fell into the well. She reportedly asked anybody who could recover the money to do so on the condition that the recovered money would be shared equally.
A source told Vanguard: “A newly married man who was simply identified as Bosofa from the Jabba tribe in the state was resting in front of his house after watching the Chelsea versus Liverpool match on television at about 6.00 p.m on Sunday when some friends called him to try his luck in recovering the missing money to enable him collect N500.
“Bosofa who lived at 7, Kadara Street, reportedly ran to the adjacent street where the money fell into the well and took a fatal dive into the well.”
It was learnt that when Bosofa failed to come out, another youth also dived into the well to rescue him as well as recover the missing N1000 but also got stuck inside.
However, when the two men failed to come out of the well, the husband of the Igbo woman who had earlier advised his wife to forget the missing money raised alarm that attracted neighbours who removed the victims to a nearby hospital where they were confirmed dead.
Landlord sacks couple
The landlord was later invited following the ensuing confusion but he reportedly threw out the couple’s property, claiming that the couple had used the victims for money making rituals.
He was joined by angry youths who tried unsuccessfully to lynch the Igbo couple.
Vanguard gathered that the couple sneaked out to the police station where they took refuge, just as other Igbo neighbours in the area were reported to have gone into hiding following fears of mob attack.
At about 9.00 a.m., yesterday, when Vanguard visited the scene of the incident, policemen in two Operation Yaki vehicles were stationed in the area as some youths milled around smoking substances suspected to be Indian hemp.
One of the police vehicles had registration number AG 108 KJR while the other simply had fleet number 1001 written on both sides.
The policemen, led by an Inspector, were seen picking some items, including photographs from the heap of the property of the Igbo couple including wedding photographs, refrigerators, cupboards, pots and other household items that were seen scattered in front of both their shop and house.
The police at Sabon Tasha declined comments on the matter but Bosofa’s pregnant wife was said to have gone into “forced” labour while the Igbo couple have been detained by the police at the time of filing this report.
[url]http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/05/04/2-die-in-well-over-n1000/
[/url]
This will not happen if the Govt can eradicate poverty.
Re: 2 Die In Well Over N1000 by hectorswag(m): 9:45am On May 13, 2010
grin grin grin dunno if its just me, dunno bout u guys either, but i find this story to be really funny grin grin
Re: 2 Die In Well Over N1000 by MrMurdah: 1:51pm On May 15, 2010
Anyways what do u expect from people fro that part[quote][/quote]

@ Amychike, that's a very silly thing to say.
Re: 2 Die In Well Over N1000 by Amychike: 4:13pm On May 15, 2010
Amychike:

Quite funny.Those men were fools.Anyways what do u expect from people fro that part
WATEVER!
Re: 2 Die In Well Over N1000 by MrMurdah: 4:29pm On May 16, 2010
Ignorance of the highest order.

If people are silly or stupid for doing something no problem.

But what's with castigating the area?

Better wake up and grow a new brain. Your present brain cells are sure to get you into trouble one day.

You are not using it properly.
Re: 2 Die In Well Over N1000 by Amychike: 4:39pm On May 16, 2010
You are from that part no doubt. Your stupidity clearly shows that.
Go on and post another rubbish. Fool.
Re: 2 Die In Well Over N1000 by MrMurdah: 8:03pm On May 16, 2010
You are from  that part no doubt

Another demonstration of your ignorance and stupidity.

I must be from a certain place before I see what is right and wrong.

Hope you really see why I think you need that brain transplant.

Men it seems you are a host for dull dumb and dumber.

Your stupidity clearly shows that.
Go on and post another rubbish. Fool.

But you forget you are the undisputed heavyweight.

Inasmuch as you want me to contend with you, you are doing just fine.

So I won't "go ahead and post another rubbish"

Argue with a fool and you can't tell who is who.

So please go ahead and reply this post and prove what I have been saying all along.

As for me, i have unsubscribed from this post and your overbearing stupidity.

Even an ant's IQ is more impressive than yours. And I am even being modest.
Re: 2 Die In Well Over N1000 by Amychike: 10:31pm On May 16, 2010
Wao ! U are really a sick man tongue tongue tongue
Re: 2 Die In Well Over N1000 by naijacutee(f): 2:45am On May 17, 2010
**Amychike's xenophobic post has been deleted**
Re: 2 Die In Well Over N1000 by Fhemmmy: 3:29am On May 17, 2010
Some things could have been prevented.

(1) (Reply)

Distributor Wanted Nationwide! / What Can I Be Doing? / Available Vessels For Lease In Lagos,nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.