Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,409 members, 7,815,901 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:34 PM

Toke Makinwa Reacts To Liya Sheribu, Dapchi Girl Who Refused To Denounce Christ - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Toke Makinwa Reacts To Liya Sheribu, Dapchi Girl Who Refused To Denounce Christ (27964 Views)

Toke Makinwa Reacts To Busola Dakolo Rape Allegation By Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo / 'Fever' Video: Toke Makinwa Reacts After Watching Wizkid & Tiwa Savage Romance / Festus Fadeyi: Toke Makinwa Reacts To Rumor Of Dating 70-Year-Old Billionaire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Toke Makinwa Reacts To Liya Sheribu, Dapchi Girl Who Refused To Denounce Christ by blackjack21(m): 1:27pm On Mar 23, 2018
shallysgirl:
You can't force people to change their faith.
Apparently you can. My point is - faith is in the mind, only you and your god(whatever) know its status. Your captors would never really know what you hid from them...

1 Like

Re: Toke Makinwa Reacts To Liya Sheribu, Dapchi Girl Who Refused To Denounce Christ by Timekeeper: 1:31pm On Mar 23, 2018
We rather die than to denounce our faith. Wake-up call to the body of Christ. Yobe Christian girl is still in bondage bcox she wud not denounce her faith... Pls this is not a hate speech and let no muslim fire me for this. If truly Islam is a religion of peace as you all claim, pls let all the Islamic Scholars and leaders warm their people, religion is not by force.
Boko haram (islamic group ), ISIS (islamic group ), AL qadd (islamic group ), Fulani herdsmen (islamic group ). We will rather die than to denounce our faith.

Wake-up call to the body of Christ and fellow Nigerians.

Anonymous Sender.
Please share on all social media

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Toke Makinwa Reacts To Liya Sheribu, Dapchi Girl Who Refused To Denounce Christ by shine96: 1:31pm On Mar 23, 2018
blackjack21:
That's really unwise thing she did, Doesn't she know that God help those who helped themselves. Does she love being raped?

So why are people blaming the government that the Christian girls were not ransomed from the terrorist when they were the ones who wouldn't let go because of the love of their imaginary friend.

This just made things more complicated.

Sorry Jesus is not an imaginary friend like you termed it. HE is real . I hope you come to know him soon. Jesus loves you

1 Like

Re: Toke Makinwa Reacts To Liya Sheribu, Dapchi Girl Who Refused To Denounce Christ by akinfeyemi: 1:33pm On Mar 23, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
I was surprised to read in the news today that MURIC claims Boko Haram is not Muslims and their act of kidnapping girls is not Islamic. The annoying thing is that the statement by MURIC will not only deceive some Christians, but it will continue to deceive Muslims about the horror of their religion. Is Boko Haram not Islamic? Let's hear Allah's own voice below.

Quran (4:24) - "And all married women (are forbidden unto you) save those (captives) whom your right hands possess."

Captives in the above Quran passage means slaves, whether prisoners of war or the ones kidnapped. Christian girls who get kidnapped by Emirs in the north part of Nigeria and those in the Middle-East can be placed in the above category.

Allah is speaking specifically to Muhammad below approving abduction and forceful marriage.

Quran (33:50) - "O Prophet! We have made lawful to thee thy wives to whom thou hast paid their dowers; and those (slaves) whom thy right hand possesses out of the prisoners of war whom Allah has assigned to thee"

Now, tell me that what Boko Haram is doing that is quite different from what Muhammad their prophet did as approved by Allah? They are simply following his footsteps as an excellent pattern for Muslims to follow, a thing the Quran states.

SAHIH INTERNATIONAL
QURAN SURAH Al-Ahzab 33:21

''There has certainly been for you in the Messenger of Allah an excellent pattern for anyone whose hope is in Allah and the Last Day and [who] remembers Allah often''.

alBHAGDADI:
I was surprised to read in the news today that MURIC claims Boko Haram is not Muslims and their act of kidnapping girls is not Islamic. The annoying thing is that the statement by MURIC will not only deceive some Christians, but it will continue to deceive Muslims about the horror of their religion. Is Boko Haram not Islamic? Let's hear Allah's own voice below.

Quran (4:24) - "And all married women (are forbidden unto you) save those (captives) whom your right hands possess."

Captives in the above Quran passage means slaves, whether prisoners of war or the ones kidnapped. Christian girls who get kidnapped by Emirs in the north part of Nigeria and those in the Middle-East can be placed in the above category.

Allah is speaking specifically to Muhammad below approving abduction and forceful marriage.

Quran (33:50) - "O Prophet! We have made lawful to thee thy wives to whom thou hast paid their dowers; and those (slaves) whom thy right hand possesses out of the prisoners of war whom Allah has assigned to thee"

Now, tell me that what Boko Haram is doing that is quite different from what Muhammad their prophet did as approved by Allah? They are simply following his footsteps as an excellent pattern for Muslims to follow, a thing the Quran states.

SAHIH INTERNATIONAL

''There has certainly been for you in the Messenger of Allah an excellent pattern for anyone whose hope is in Allah and the Last Day and [who] remembers Allah often''.

alBHAGDADI:

SAHIH INTERNATIONAL

Re: Toke Makinwa Reacts To Liya Sheribu, Dapchi Girl Who Refused To Denounce Christ by IBpaul(m): 1:36pm On Mar 23, 2018
bankyblue:
No matter what the end is, I will keep on telling my children yet on born about this your single act #standwithchrist.
because this happen in my era, not in the days of John the Baptist

Sincerely, this is faith in action
#StandWithChrist
Re: Toke Makinwa Reacts To Liya Sheribu, Dapchi Girl Who Refused To Denounce Christ by MissRaine69(f): 1:45pm On Mar 23, 2018
Even the Jews pretended to convert to escape persecution but in secret continued to observe the teachings of the Torah.Blind faith stops people from being perceptive you survive first God helps those that help themselves. That was not a smart move.

1 Like

Re: Toke Makinwa Reacts To Liya Sheribu, Dapchi Girl Who Refused To Denounce Christ by MissRaine69(f): 1:48pm On Mar 23, 2018
blackjack21:

Apparently you can. My point is - faith is in the mind, only you and your god(whatever) know its status. Your captors would never really know what you hid from them...
Finally someone who actually thinks logically
Thank you for that!
Re: Toke Makinwa Reacts To Liya Sheribu, Dapchi Girl Who Refused To Denounce Christ by blackjack21(m): 1:53pm On Mar 23, 2018
Strikethem:
[s][/s]Shut up, which ransome are you talking about. Didn't the Boko Haram boys themselves said they were not paid any ransome, that they released them because they are Muslims. The girl is not coward like you oga.

How many of the girls freed do you think will continue with their lives as Muslim?
Yes she's brave, but not smart.
When someone force you to kneel, do it while keeping in mind that kneeling too is a shooting position.
Re: Toke Makinwa Reacts To Liya Sheribu, Dapchi Girl Who Refused To Denounce Christ by Nobody: 1:57pm On Mar 23, 2018
She should be applauded.

1 Like

Re: Toke Makinwa Reacts To Liya Sheribu, Dapchi Girl Who Refused To Denounce Christ by Tex42(m): 2:20pm On Mar 23, 2018
Can we have a hash tag in recognition of Leah Sharibu's #IStandwithChrist pls!
Re: Toke Makinwa Reacts To Liya Sheribu, Dapchi Girl Who Refused To Denounce Christ by blackjack21(m): 2:22pm On Mar 23, 2018
MissRaine69:

Finally someone who actually thinks logically
Thank you for that!

So far everyone is just using their sentiment on the issue, I'm not surprised, for most people where religion is the topic logic most not be quoted.
Re: Toke Makinwa Reacts To Liya Sheribu, Dapchi Girl Who Refused To Denounce Christ by eyinjuege: 2:23pm On Mar 23, 2018
quote author=blackjack21 post=66087154] That's really unwise thing she did, Doesn't she know that God help those who helped themselves. Does she love being raped?

So why are people blaming the government that the Christian girls were not ransomed from the terrorist when they were the ones who wouldn't let go because of the love of their imaginary friend.

[/quote]

Their imaginary friend may not be real to you, but he's very real to those who believe and that's all that matters.

Truth is about perception, and what we believe shapes what we perceive... Alan B. Jones

blackjack21:

Not everyone can live with themselves if they make such a decision. You cannot run away from yourself, so its important you stay true to self.
You may feel your way is the best, but to her its not.
Why should anyone force others to practice a religion they don't want to? Why kidnap anybody if not perverted souls in the first place?
Its obvious the kidnap was only for monetary gains and not any ideology. I'm very sure the military are all part and parcel of the kidnap scam. Its a way of stealing money to put in their thievery pots.
Re: Toke Makinwa Reacts To Liya Sheribu, Dapchi Girl Who Refused To Denounce Christ by MissRaine69(f): 2:31pm On Mar 23, 2018
blackjack21:

So far everyone is just using their sentiment on the issue, I'm not surprised, for most people where religion is the topic logic most not be quoted.
There is a time to be a martyr and there is a time to survive.
Re: Toke Makinwa Reacts To Liya Sheribu, Dapchi Girl Who Refused To Denounce Christ by MrSon(m): 2:45pm On Mar 23, 2018
sawdi:

We need someone like Putin in nigeria to deal with all you Muslim terrorist
I've come to realize something. That humans should never live to please people. I have read on this same platform how Muslim groups were criticized for not condemning the evil acts of these terrorists.

Now this group have repeatedly shown their displeasure at these terrorists act, instead of you to at least commend them and ask them to sensitise their followers and proffer ways to end this barbaric killings, instead you are painting Islam in a bad light and causing some weak minded individuals to see more reasons to follow the wrong path.

In case you don't know, the battle to end this lies with us. Every word you say go a long way.

Re: Toke Makinwa Reacts To Liya Sheribu, Dapchi Girl Who Refused To Denounce Christ by shallysgirl: 2:59pm On Mar 23, 2018
blackjack21:

Do you know,if she denounced Christ, they would force her to do ablutions, headslam to the sun,moon and star, and even shout Allah Akbar.
Re: Toke Makinwa Reacts To Liya Sheribu, Dapchi Girl Who Refused To Denounce Christ by blackjack21(m): 3:13pm On Mar 23, 2018
eyinjuege:

Their imaginary friend may not be real to you, but he's very real to those who believe and that's all that matters.

Truth is about perception, and what we believe shapes what we perceive... Alan B. Jones
So I guess each and every one of them is right in his with his own perception and Allah is real, Jehovah is real and all the other numerous gods are all real specifically to those who believe them, And at the same time they do not exist to those who don't believe them?
Do you realize how chaotic that is?

Not everyone can live with themselves if they make such a decision. You cannot run away from yourself, so its important you stay true to self.
You may feel your way is the best, but to her its not.
Why should anyone force others to practice a religion they don't want to? Why kidnap anybody if not perverted souls in the first place?
Its obvious the kidnap was only for monetary gains and not any ideology. I'm very sure the military are all part and parcel of the kidnap scam. Its a way of stealing money to put in their thievery pots.

I agree, not everyone can do that.
Why should anyone force others... Perspective bro, it cut both ways.
Re: Toke Makinwa Reacts To Liya Sheribu, Dapchi Girl Who Refused To Denounce Christ by hushpapi(m): 3:14pm On Mar 23, 2018
Mr you know nothing about the religion. You started the verse and didn’t finish it. The right hand possess simply mean the that are not married among and ask their hand in marriage not forcing marriage on them. You need to go back to the verse again. Check it out

quote author=alBHAGDADI post=66086057]I was surprised to read in the news today that MURIC claims Boko Haram is not Muslims and their act of kidnapping girls is not Islamic. The annoying thing is that the statement by MURIC will not only deceive some Christians, but it will continue to deceive Muslims about the horror of their religion. Is Boko Haram not Islamic? Let's hear Allah's own voice below.

SAHIH INTERNATIONAL

[/quote]

Re: Toke Makinwa Reacts To Liya Sheribu, Dapchi Girl Who Refused To Denounce Christ by Sterope(f): 3:18pm On Mar 23, 2018
It is her personal belief. They had no right to ask her to force her to change it. You have no right to condemn her actions.

blackjack21:
That's really unwise thing she did, Doesn't she know that God help those who helped themselves. Does she love being raped?

Re: Toke Makinwa Reacts To Liya Sheribu, Dapchi Girl Who Refused To Denounce Christ by blackjack21(m): 3:19pm On Mar 23, 2018
shallysgirl:
Do you know,if she denounced Christ, they would force her to do ablutions, headslam to the sun,moon and star, and even shout Allah Akbar.

Non of that truly makes one a Muslim.
I bet you have often said allahu'Akbar to make jest of Muslims, we can as well say that you are a Muslim now. cheesy
Re: Toke Makinwa Reacts To Liya Sheribu, Dapchi Girl Who Refused To Denounce Christ by blackjack21(m): 3:32pm On Mar 23, 2018
Sterope:
It is her personal belief. They had no right to ask her to force her to change it. You have no right to condemn her actions.

Yes, you will win that argument in a court room not in the jungle.
And you missed the point by light years. All I want for her is to save herself until she have the might to enforce her right.

I hope that makes sense to you
Re: Toke Makinwa Reacts To Liya Sheribu, Dapchi Girl Who Refused To Denounce Christ by FisifunKododada: 3:43pm On Mar 23, 2018
Poor gal - if she only knew Jesus was a fabrication of the Roman empire to control the Jews.
Re: Toke Makinwa Reacts To Liya Sheribu, Dapchi Girl Who Refused To Denounce Christ by Enice(m): 4:23pm On Mar 23, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

SAHIH INTERNATIONAL

rubbish. Check the old testament, You will see worst things than these claimed to have been authorized by God through Moses, ;oshua and others.
Re: Toke Makinwa Reacts To Liya Sheribu, Dapchi Girl Who Refused To Denounce Christ by Revrnd(m): 5:09pm On Mar 23, 2018
dtruth50:
There is nothing brave here. If she is dead, she is dead. no more worshipin again. your life first before religion.
Boko Haram only have the power to kill the fresh, but certainly not the soul. She has challenged me more. She has preached the gospel of Jesus Christ to the whole world.Now, how many gospel preachers can at this junction of death and life stand for Jesus Christ? The danger ahead is more than what we're hearing today. Be steadfast brethren!

1 Like

Re: Toke Makinwa Reacts To Liya Sheribu, Dapchi Girl Who Refused To Denounce Christ by profmallor: 5:30pm On Mar 23, 2018
Yea, they understand their faith cause they are in the middle of adversary not our southern suite wearing, english speaking, designer wearing and jelly coiling brethren and sistrens that find life so much fun.

KingsleyCEO:
I have visited the north and I can tell you up there they hold on to what they believe strongly.

1 Like

Re: Toke Makinwa Reacts To Liya Sheribu, Dapchi Girl Who Refused To Denounce Christ by smartiyke78: 5:55pm On Mar 23, 2018
blackjack21:

True christianity is not religion if u care 2 knw. and issue like dis is not 4 canally minded pple like u 2 undstand...
Re: Toke Makinwa Reacts To Liya Sheribu, Dapchi Girl Who Refused To Denounce Christ by CioAngels(f): 7:52pm On Mar 23, 2018
LifestyleTonite:
Popular OAP, Toke Makinwa has reated to the Christian girl, Liya Sheribu who was not released alongside the other girls that were abducted by Boko Haram. In an Instagram post, Toke Makinwa prayed for her release as she marvelled at her strong faith in Christ Jesus. Read her post below.

https://www.wotzup.ng/toke-makinwa-liya-sheribu-denounce-christ/

Amen and Amen.
Re: Toke Makinwa Reacts To Liya Sheribu, Dapchi Girl Who Refused To Denounce Christ by Venica(f): 8:18pm On Mar 23, 2018
for those saying that she was stupid,

did u remembered the story of

Daniel in the lion's den?

the three Hebrews children in the burning furnace?

there were people who also called them foolish then but we all know how those stories ended

now we are witnessing Laeh vs boko haram
don't put a full stop at the place where God has placed a question mark.

Leah will come back safely because she serve a living God. therefore no weapons from against her will prosper
Re: Toke Makinwa Reacts To Liya Sheribu, Dapchi Girl Who Refused To Denounce Christ by knowledge4(m): 8:45pm On Mar 23, 2018
We are talking salvation here. salvation is not religion. There are many religions but only one route to salvation which is Jesus Christ
The Bible says, those who lose their lives will gain it and those who gain their lives will lose it
Leah has made a stand for Christ. If she loses her life here, she gains eternal life in Heaven with Christ and that is the ultimate goal of every heaven bound serious Christian. Why should we renounce Christ? What shall it profit us to gain the world and lose our soul?
Oh God arise and defend your interest in the life of Leah.
Re: Toke Makinwa Reacts To Liya Sheribu, Dapchi Girl Who Refused To Denounce Christ by Abdulmujeeb52(m): 8:53pm On Mar 23, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

SAHIH INTERNATIONAL

Typical bigot
Re: Toke Makinwa Reacts To Liya Sheribu, Dapchi Girl Who Refused To Denounce Christ by omosefeeguaibor(f): 10:09pm On Mar 23, 2018
samisj4real:
Lord save us from this kind of trial cause not too many of us will stand by you. Amen
true talk
Re: Toke Makinwa Reacts To Liya Sheribu, Dapchi Girl Who Refused To Denounce Christ by Asunmoh: 11:10pm On Mar 23, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

The group condemned the actions by stating lies when we know the obvious that Boko Haram is Islamic as much as Muhammad. Nothing they are doing is different from what Muhammad did.

Prove it otherwise
Abeg dey post comments with your brain next time
Re: Toke Makinwa Reacts To Liya Sheribu, Dapchi Girl Who Refused To Denounce Christ by limamintruth: 11:41am On Mar 24, 2018
blackjack21:

And how can you be so sure that her captors will indeed release her if she renounces her faith

I've reliably heard of several similar instances where these extremists made their captives renounce faith, and immediately afterward, killed them still. Never trust any word that comes out of the mouth of an evil minded person like a terrorist. Only the girl knows what she saw that made her refuse to give in.

Note that the terrorists are also smart, hence, they too know the renunciation might be reverted by the captive once he/she regains freedom. So they kill to ensure you die as a believer of the evil faith.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Davido To Release New Song "Chioma", Says He Misses His Wife. (Photos) / Davido, Zlatan Ibile And 30 Billion Gang Go Hard On Punch Count (Video) / Skales Accused Of Abusing Drug, Rohypnol Before Performance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.