Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,239 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:32 AM

Stress Free And High Paying Jobs To Take On While Still A Student. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Stress Free And High Paying Jobs To Take On While Still A Student. (320 Views)

“The Suffering Boy Has Graduated”- Man Who Did Menial Jobs To Sponsor His School / Desperate To Make A First Class? 5 Stress-free Ways On How I Made 4.77 CGPA / Can A Student Run Two Different Undergraduate Programmes In Two Different Schoo? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Stress Free And High Paying Jobs To Take On While Still A Student. by Johndavid10th: 11:23am On Mar 23, 2018
STRESS FREE AND HIGH PAYING JOBS TO TAKE ON WHILE STILL A STUDENT.
john david March 22, 2018 ARTICLE
Of cause studying provides a platform for students to secure a bright future, for students who have rich parents finance is definitely not a problem, but how about the average Nigerian student?

I wrote this article knowing it absolutely is not easy combining schooling with other entrepreneurial efforts, am a student myself and also find it difficult combining it. But you can learn to balance it and pick a job doing so you can earn extra money( or at least lay a foundation of money making after school) while still schooling.

Students want to come out with good grades but we all know well that the labour market is choked-up and good grades now don't give money -no way- only the bold get a chance.
Here are jobs i think you can do while in school.

1. Freelancing.
What way to make money, most especially for students majoring in English, mass communication or linguistics, as they have been taught how to present a readable article.
Freelancing is paid either daily or weekly, but mostly per article. You can start charging little then when you get good enough, you increase your price.

I tried freelancing but couldn't get to the top of the food chain, but you can its just hard work and consistency.
Some sites that you can freelance for are;
- Upwork
- freelancer
- toptal
- Elance
- demand media.

2. Event management or planning.
Actually I've made money from this business as a student, and a good thing about it is that you work only when an event comes up. Mostly this events are saturdays, sundays or at night, when you are off school for the day.

However it comes with a lot of training, and most at times extroverts fit in better.

3. Blogging
Every Nigerian student knows about blogging, and its popular in Nigerian higher institutions.
Believe me blogging is not a very easy route to wealth, it takes a lot of time, sacrifice, creativity and talent.

I started blogging from my first year in the university, but it was from one failed blog to another failed blog. I decided to stick to comments234, because i got a lot of patronise and corrections form other bloggers and lectures in my department. And as you can see the blog is still in a growing state.

You can start blogging with blogger or WordPress which is most popular. You make money by advertising (Adsence, yllix, clickbank, adword), or personally promoting contents for a client.

Read-http://comments234..com/2018/03/5-traits-all-entrepreneurs-must-posses.html

4. Hair and beauty salon.
You know girls and guys don't joke with their looks on campus, i know guys that work on their hair almost every week, and it cost 150 naira in my school. Imagine how much you can make from 20 cuts a day.

As for girls theirs cost more, and pays well, just learn the work, and give it your best shot.

5. Baking
- Baking cakes
- Pies Making
- rolls
- Fries
- Sharwama and pizza etc

it's even fun baking, the looks, colour, designs.
Who doesn't love cakes?. My friend who bakes at home does it so well, she baked on valentines day and sold twice in that day( just business).
If you love cooking, then this is a nice niche for you.

Others include photography, car washing, laundry, music.

This is my opinion on businesses you can embark on while still a student, have something to say? Freely do that in the comment box below.
Re: Stress Free And High Paying Jobs To Take On While Still A Student. by Nobody: 11:28am On Mar 23, 2018
You've tried it elsewhere and it seems not to work... Now come let's do it together. We teach, educate, and sell tools. Just a click on my signature….. If you know, you know.

(1) (Reply)

An Open Letter To Tasued’s New Vice Chancellor / Mathematics / Nairaland Thread For Emotional Intelligence Edition 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.