Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,104 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:53 AM

11 Year Old Genius Out To Prove Hawking Wrong After His Death: "God Does Exist" - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 11 Year Old Genius Out To Prove Hawking Wrong After His Death: "God Does Exist" (4758 Views)

Prophet TB Joshua Ministries Confirms His Death / Chris Oyahkilome Might Not Be Wrong After All (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

11 Year Old Genius Out To Prove Hawking Wrong After His Death: "God Does Exist" by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:16pm On Mar 23, 2018
11-Year-Old Genius Out to Prove Stephen Hawking Wrong After His Death: "God Does Exist"
Posted on March 14, 2018
FaithitFaithit

William Maillis is not your typical 11-year-old.

At an age when most kids are focused on beating the next level in a video game, or working toward actually hitting the ball in their baseball game on Saturday, William is consumed with becoming an astrophysicist.

Most kids dream of becoming a firefighter, a doctor, maybe an astronaut or a teacher, but William isn't just dreaming of becoming an astrophysicist, he's already becoming one.

The boy from Pennsylvania, graduated high school in May of 2016, at the age of 9. After attending community college classes, he enrolled at Carnegie Mellon University last fall.

According to his father, Peter Maillis, William began speaking in full sentences at just seven months old. He was doing addition at 21 months, and multiplication by the age of two — a time when he was also reading children's books, and writing his own nine-page book, "Happy Cat." At four years old, he was learning algebra, sign language and how to read Greek, and when he was five, he read an entire 209-page geometry textbook in one night and woke up solving circumference problems the next morning.

This kid is literally a GENIUS, and has been declared one by Ohio State University psychologist, Joanne Ruthsatz.
William's desire to become an astrophysicist is rooted in his strong faith beliefs. He disagrees with some of Einstein and Hawking's theories on black holes and has his own ideas to prove the existence of the universe.

The son of a Greek Orthodox Priest, William wants to prove that an outside force is the only thing capable of creating the universe, which means that "God does exist."

Stephen Hawking, however, who passed away today at the age of 76, held a much different assertion. "Before we understood science, it was natural to believe that God created the universe, but now science offers a more convincing explanation," once said the renowned physicist. "What I meant by 'we would know the mind of God' is we would know everything that God would know if there was a God, but there isn't. I'm an atheist."

William's parents say they have never pushed him toward his studies or this God-proving endeavour, but rather that he's a pretty "normal" 11-year-old.

"We're normal people," Peter explained. "And he's a normal kid. You can't distinguish him from other 11-year-olds. He likes sports, television shows, the computer and video games like everyone else."

But still, distinct from other kids his age, William's ultimate life passion is perfectly clear. When asked what his "dream" is, the child prodigy had no hesitation in his response.

"I want to be an astrophysicist so that I can prove to the scientific world that God does exist," William said in a recent interview with Hellenic College Holy Cross.

When asked why he felt the need to prove it to scientists, his answer was even more profound:

"Well because there's these atheists that try to say that there is no God, when in reality it takes more faith to believe that there's no God than it does to believe that there is a God… Because it makes more sense that something created the universe than that the universe created itself. It takes more faith to say the universe created itself than to say something other created the universe because that is more logical."

Well I don't know about you, but I'm pretty pumped to see this "normal," God-fearing boy unravel the theory of one of the most prolific scientific minds of all time — for as stated by the great scientist Matthew Maury, "The Bible is true and science is true, and therefore each, if truly read, but proves the truth of the other."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFp_WaUIHCQ

https://faithit.com/11-year-old-genius-prove-stephen-hawking-wrong-death-god-exist/

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 11 Year Old Genius Out To Prove Hawking Wrong After His Death: "God Does Exist" by olaolutreasure(m): 8:37pm On Mar 27, 2018
Lalasticlala Seun pls I suggest fp
Re: 11 Year Old Genius Out To Prove Hawking Wrong After His Death: "God Does Exist" by hakeem4(m): 8:50pm On Mar 27, 2018
[s]
"I want to be an astrophysicist so that I can prove to the scientific world that God does exist,"
[/s]

1 Like

Re: 11 Year Old Genius Out To Prove Hawking Wrong After His Death: "God Does Exist" by DeSepiero(m): 10:36pm On Mar 27, 2018
hakeem4:
[s]
"I want to be an astrophysicist so that I can prove to the scientific world that God does exist,"
[/s]
very biased and unscientific!!
A scientist doesn't conclude before enquiry.

5 Likes

Re: 11 Year Old Genius Out To Prove Hawking Wrong After His Death: "God Does Exist" by festwiz(m): 6:37am On Mar 28, 2018
"to become am astrophysicist to prove god does exist"...sounds like an oxymoron to me. The kid is 11, i'm inclined to believe those were his father's words, but let's see what he proves. I'm not inclined to take him seriously since he didn't come forth when Hawking was alive, that might have been good entertainment.

3 Likes

Re: 11 Year Old Genius Out To Prove Hawking Wrong After His Death: "God Does Exist" by CuteMadridista: 7:01am On Mar 28, 2018
I want to prove everybody wrong "jahduanxianzga does exist"

1 Like

Re: 11 Year Old Genius Out To Prove Hawking Wrong After His Death: "God Does Exist" by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:29am On Mar 28, 2018
hakeem4:

[s]"I want to be an astrophysicist so that I can prove to the scientific world that God does exist,"[/s]

Are you now doubting your doubts? undecided
Re: 11 Year Old Genius Out To Prove Hawking Wrong After His Death: "God Does Exist" by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:31am On Mar 28, 2018
DeSepiero:

Did the likes of Stephen Hawking conclude that there was no God before embarking on his scientific enquiry? undecided

1 Like

Re: 11 Year Old Genius Out To Prove Hawking Wrong After His Death: "God Does Exist" by DeSepiero(m): 9:44am On Mar 28, 2018
OLAADEGBU:

Did the likes of Stephen Hawking conclude that there was no God before embarking on his scientific enquiry? undecided

Before you continue mentioning names, I still hold that a correct scientific process involves enquiry before conclusion.

3 Likes

Re: 11 Year Old Genius Out To Prove Hawking Wrong After His Death: "God Does Exist" by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:08am On Mar 28, 2018
festwiz:

"to become am astrophysicist to prove god does exist"...sounds like an oxymoron to me. The kid is 11, i'm inclined to believe those were his father's words, but let's see what he proves. I'm not inclined to take him seriously since he didn't come forth when Hawking was alive, that might have been good entertainment.

How did the astrophysicst, Stephen Hawking prove God doesn't exist? This article was written on the very day that Hawking died, when do you think the 11-year-old boy made his assertion?
Re: 11 Year Old Genius Out To Prove Hawking Wrong After His Death: "God Does Exist" by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:12am On Mar 28, 2018
DeSepiero:

Before you continue mentioning names, I still hold that a correct scientific process involves enquiry before conclusion.

All true scientists have their starting points (presuppositions) before embarking on a scientific process. Hawking started off that there was no God while the boy believed that there is God before embarking on their respective enquiries.
Re: 11 Year Old Genius Out To Prove Hawking Wrong After His Death: "God Does Exist" by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:13am On Mar 28, 2018
CuteMadridista:

That is your presupposition. cool
Re: 11 Year Old Genius Out To Prove Hawking Wrong After His Death: "God Does Exist" by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:50am On Mar 29, 2018
OLAADEGBU:

11-Year-Old Genius Out to Prove Stephen Hawking Wrong After His Death: "God Does Exist"
Posted on March 14, 2018
FaithitFaithit

William Maillis is not your typical 11-year-old.

At an age when most kids are focused on beating the next level in a video game, or working toward actually hitting the ball in their baseball game on Saturday, William is consumed with becoming an astrophysicist.

Most kids dream of becoming a firefighter, a doctor, maybe an astronaut or a teacher, but William isn't just dreaming of becoming an astrophysicist, he's already becoming one.

The boy from Pennsylvania, graduated high school in May of 2016, at the age of 9. After attending community college classes, he enrolled at Carnegie Mellon University last fall.

According to his father, Peter Maillis, William began speaking in full sentences at just seven months old. He was doing addition at 21 months, and multiplication by the age of two — a time when he was also reading children's books, and writing his own nine-page book, "Happy Cat." At four years old, he was learning algebra, sign language and how to read Greek, and when he was five, he read an entire 209-page geometry textbook in one night and woke up solving circumference problems the next morning.

This kid is literally a GENIUS, and has been declared one by Ohio State University psychologist, Joanne Ruthsatz.
William's desire to become an astrophysicist is rooted in his strong faith beliefs. He disagrees with some of Einstein and Hawking's theories on black holes and has his own ideas to prove the existence of the universe.

The son of a Greek Orthodox Priest, William wants to prove that an outside force is the only thing capable of creating the universe, which means that "God does exist."

Stephen Hawking, however, who passed away today at the age of 76, held a much different assertion. "Before we understood science, it was natural to believe that God created the universe, but now science offers a more convincing explanation," once said the renowned physicist. "What I meant by 'we would know the mind of God' is we would know everything that God would know if there was a God, but there isn't. I'm an atheist."

William's parents say they have never pushed him toward his studies or this God-proving endeavour, but rather that he's a pretty "normal" 11-year-old.

"We're normal people," Peter explained. "And he's a normal kid. You can't distinguish him from other 11-year-olds. He likes sports, television shows, the computer and video games like everyone else."

But still, distinct from other kids his age, William's ultimate life passion is perfectly clear. When asked what his "dream" is, the child prodigy had no hesitation in his response.

"I want to be an astrophysicist so that I can prove to the scientific world that God does exist," William said in a recent interview with Hellenic College Holy Cross.

When asked why he felt the need to prove it to scientists, his answer was even more profound:

"Well because there's these atheists that try to say that there is no God, when in reality it takes more faith to believe that there's no God than it does to believe that there is a God… Because it makes more sense that something created the universe than that the universe created itself. It takes more faith to say the universe created itself than to say something other created the universe because that is more logical."

Well I don't know about you, but I'm pretty pumped to see this "normal," God-fearing boy unravel the theory of one of the most prolific scientific minds of all time — for as stated by the great scientist Matthew Maury, "The Bible is true and science is true, and therefore each, if truly read, but proves the truth of the other."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFp_WaUIHCQ

https://faithit.com/11-year-old-genius-prove-stephen-hawking-wrong-death-god-exist/

Re: 11 Year Old Genius Out To Prove Hawking Wrong After His Death: "God Does Exist" by bobowaja(m): 1:15pm On Mar 29, 2018
Indoctrination is a bad thing. It turns brilliant minds to dumb fellow when the word "God" is called.

His father (a theologian) is toying with this youngster's brain and i can only hope he won't succeed. Now, this sharp brain is already concluding instead of asking questions/enquiries. I just hope he can recover in his adulthood just like most of us did.

1 Like

Re: 11 Year Old Genius Out To Prove Hawking Wrong After His Death: "God Does Exist" by winner01(m): 2:45pm On Mar 29, 2018
festwiz:
He came out when Hawkings was alive, I read his story on nairaland early last year. He will be one of the greatest minds ever, just like newton, either you or other atheists take him seriously or not.
Re: 11 Year Old Genius Out To Prove Hawking Wrong After His Death: "God Does Exist" by winner01(m): 2:46pm On Mar 29, 2018
CuteMadridista:
The difference is, no one cares if jahduanxianzga exists or not, certainly no one spends time on the internet talking about jahduanxianzga.
Re: 11 Year Old Genius Out To Prove Hawking Wrong After His Death: "God Does Exist" by winner01(m): 3:45pm On Mar 29, 2018
DeSepiero:
one of the best minds ever Isaac Newton affirmed that God exists. Was he also unscientific? grin
Re: 11 Year Old Genius Out To Prove Hawking Wrong After His Death: "God Does Exist" by winner01(m): 3:48pm On Mar 29, 2018
bobowaja:
Indoctrination is a bad thing. It turns brilliant minds to dumb fellow when the word "God" is called.

His father (a theologian) is toying with this youngster's brain and i can only hope he won't succeed. Now, this sharp brain is already concluding instead of asking questions/enquiries. I just hope he can recover in his adulthood just like most of us did.
Most? undecided

Atheists are less than 4% of the total world population, I don't think that reflects most.

We know that Isaac Newton and most religious founders of the fields of science were not dumb. You're being a bigot.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4037804_1218648010372215129885571185067119286766450o_jpegbb66ffe4cfcba0e4e77ebfcb9617cc3b
Re: 11 Year Old Genius Out To Prove Hawking Wrong After His Death: "God Does Exist" by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:09pm On Mar 29, 2018
bobowaja:

What will you say about the Nobel Prize-winning physicist below who says that he "believes in God more because of science than in spite of it." cool

Re: 11 Year Old Genius Out To Prove Hawking Wrong After His Death: "God Does Exist" by winner01(m): 4:33pm On Mar 29, 2018
OLAADEGBU:

What will you say about the Nobel prize-winning physicist below says that he "believes in God more because of science than in spite of it." cool
This is the language of superhumanist and cutemadridsta. I recall them saying Christians ended slavery inspire of Christianity instead of because of Christianity.

Also according to an atheist that man whose picture you got there is not a scientist, but a silly deluded fellow. He's does not possess the same cognitive capacity like the brightest of minds such as dalaman. grin
Re: 11 Year Old Genius Out To Prove Hawking Wrong After His Death: "God Does Exist" by Dalamama: 4:52pm On Mar 29, 2018
winner01:
This is the language of superhumanist and cutemadridsta. I recall them saying Christians ended slavery inspire of Christianity instead of because of Christianity.

Also according to an atheist that man whose picture you got there is not a scientist, but a silly deluded fellow. He's does not possess the same cognitive capacity like the brightest of minds such as dalaman. grin

So God exist and you are the one telling people about it abi? Well done.

1 Like

Re: 11 Year Old Genius Out To Prove Hawking Wrong After His Death: "God Does Exist" by bobowaja(m): 4:54pm On Mar 29, 2018
OLAADEGBU:

What will you say about the Nobel Prize-winning physicist below who says that he "believes in God more because of science than in spite of it." cool
I have read his story and that little boy will still end up like him just as others before him. Religion blocks foresight whenever God is mentioned.
Re: 11 Year Old Genius Out To Prove Hawking Wrong After His Death: "God Does Exist" by winner01(m): 4:54pm On Mar 29, 2018
Dalamama:

So God exist and you are the one telling people about it abi? Well done.
Dalamama cheesy

I didn't mention anything about God. cheesy
Re: 11 Year Old Genius Out To Prove Hawking Wrong After His Death: "God Does Exist" by winner01(m): 4:56pm On Mar 29, 2018
bobowaja:

I have read his story and that little boy will still end up like him just as others before him. Religion blocks foresight whenever God is mentioned.
How about these ones, what happened to them?

https://www.nairaland.com/2975009/christianity-reason-science

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3984109_119547188992702668083418614968478431285065n_jpeg230c5a16e26a432657700e09a942751c

1 Like

Re: 11 Year Old Genius Out To Prove Hawking Wrong After His Death: "God Does Exist" by bobowaja(m): 5:06pm On Mar 29, 2018
winner01:
Most? undecided

Atheists are less than 4% of the total world population, I don't think that reflects most.

We know that Isaac Newton and most religious founders of the fields of science were not dumb. You're being a bigot.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4037804_1218648010372215129885571185067119286766450o_jpegbb66ffe4cfcba0e4e77ebfcb9617cc3b

First and foremost what I meant by *most* in that context is those of us that went out of religious dogmas in our adulthood.

And secondly, you jam-packed scientists in the wagon of religion which is a fallacy on its own. Just as I can not say all scientist are atheist.

And lastly go and read history on the church and illuminaties during the dark and medieval ages. How scientists and church fought for dominance among the populace and how religion killed most of them or better still confine them till death (a case of gallileo).

I don't need to tell you that most of these renowned scientists came out under the umbrella of religion to save their own soul or to gather more likes and recognition just as a case of any greed atheist pope or pastor.
Re: 11 Year Old Genius Out To Prove Hawking Wrong After His Death: "God Does Exist" by winner01(m): 5:06pm On Mar 29, 2018
Re: 11 Year Old Genius Out To Prove Hawking Wrong After His Death: "God Does Exist" by winner01(m): 5:10pm On Mar 29, 2018
bobowaja:

First and foremost what I meant by *most* in that context is those of us that went out of religious dogmas in our adulthood.

And secondly, you jam-packed scientists in the wagon of religion which is a fallacy on its own. Just as I can not say all scientist are atheist.

And lastly go and read history on the church and illuminaties during the dark and medieval ages. How scientists and church fought for dominance among the populace and how religion killed most of them or better still confine them till death (a case of gallileo).

I don't need to tell you that most of these renowned scientists came out under the umbrella of religion to save their own soul or to gather more likes and recognition just as a case of any greed atheist pope or pastor.
Galileo was a christian who was killed alongside other Christians by the catholic church. The catholic church killed Christians for reading from the bible rather than officially sanctioned roman catholic documents. Christians were also killed for opposing the catholic views on reality.

The scientists were not under the umbrella of religion, they were in fact religious.
Many christian scientists for instance were strong opponents of Darwinism (Newton, Agassiz, Pasteur, Lord Kelvin, Maxwell, Dawson, Virchow, Fabre, Fleming, etc.). Even those who lived before Darwin were strong opponents of earlier evolutionary systems, not to mention pantheism, atheism, and other such anti-supernaturalist philosophies, which were every bit as prevalent then as now.

The rest of your quote does not deserve a reply.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 11 Year Old Genius Out To Prove Hawking Wrong After His Death: "God Does Exist" by bobowaja(m): 5:18pm On Mar 29, 2018
winner01:
According to dalaman, superhumanist, cutemadridsta, frank317, Ranchhoddas etc, the scientists below are gullible, deluded, unscientific, illogical, irrational idiots.

The true scientists are and must be atheists grin

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3469189_s13922213edit_pnga4e088555ca2a4fa0a0d30b455a4d3ff

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3469190_s2477215edit_png7c5b9dbf27348f971ae8d89ba9610f74

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3469194_s24767216edit_pngb37a004fd7df7925c6133e84609aabb2

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3469195_s1511217edit_pngaac901122239c82f849e33053115aefd

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3469281_athdei4_jpeg1054caf670ee07194a88ddeb43d6ce40

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3469280_s950212edit_png95829bf9b148581556659c6cdc158e1f

Christians like me, prefer to step back and allow history to speak for itself. grin
www.nairaland.com/attachments/3469325_is_jpeg287d846c7e7e0032e95510b98432c51e

Shouting something and pasting pictures up and down cannot and will never affirm your claims. I have seen several of your posts, and fallacies is all they are. Jam packing and cherry picking is all you do.
Re: 11 Year Old Genius Out To Prove Hawking Wrong After His Death: "God Does Exist" by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:23pm On Mar 29, 2018
bobowaja:

The little boy might just end up like folks below:

Real Scientists Who Believe

Most of the great scientists of the past who founded and developed the key disciplines of science were biblical Christians who were creationists.  Note the following sampling:

Physics:  Newton, Faraday, Maxwell, Kelvin

Chemistry: Boyle, Dalton, Pascal, Ramsay

Biology: Ray, Linnaeus, Mendel, Pasteur

Geology: Steno, Woodward, Brewster, Agassiz

Astronomy: Kepler, Galileo, Herschel, Maunder

"These men, as well as scores of others who could be mentioned, were creationists, not evolutionists, and their names are practically synonymous with the rise of modern science.  To them, the scientific enterprise was a high calling, one dedicated to thinking God's thoughts after Him."

-- A creationist and theologian, Henry Morris and Gary E. Parker, What is Creation Science?

Here is another quote from Arthur H. Compton, winner of Nobel Prize in Physics:

"Science is the glimpse of God's purpose in nature.  The very existence of the amazing world of the atom and radiation points to a purposeful creation, to the idea that there is a God and an intelligent purpose back of everything . . . An orderly universe testifies to the greatest statement ever uttered: 'In the beginning, God . . .'" 

Johann Kepler:

"The chief aim of all investigation of the external world should be to discover the rational order and harmony which has been imposed on it by God."

Lord Kelvin: 

"With regard to the origin of life, science . . . positively affirms creative power."

Sir Isaac Newton: 

"All material things seem to have been composed of the hard and solid particles above mentioned, variously associated in the first creation by the counsel of an intelligent Agent.  For it became Him who created them to set them in order.  And if He did so, it's unphilosophical to seek for any other origin of the world, or to pretend that it might arise out of a chaos by the mere laws of nature."

"An increasing number of scientists, most particularly a growing number of evolutionists . . . argue that Darwinian evolutionary theory is no genuine scientific theory at all . . . Many of the critics have the highest intellectual credentials."

-- Michael Ruse, "Darwin's Theory: An Exercise in Science," New Scientist

And this is what a Jewish scientist who was obviously influenced by the Jewish Scriptures had to say:

Albert Einstein:

"Science can only be created by those who are thoroughly imbued with inspiration toward truth and understanding.  This source of feeling, however, springs from the sphere of Religion.  To this there also belongs the faith in the possibility that the regulations valid for the world of existence are rational, that is, comprehensible to reason.  I cannot conceive of a genuine scientist without that profound faith."

1 Like

Re: 11 Year Old Genius Out To Prove Hawking Wrong After His Death: "God Does Exist" by bobowaja(m): 5:23pm On Mar 29, 2018
winner01:
How about these ones, what happened to them?

https://www.nairaland.com/2975009/christianity-reason-science

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3984109_119547188992702668083418614968478431285065n_jpeg230c5a16e26a432657700e09a942751c

Just as your usual self. You decided to cherry pick and leave out part of my quote.

bobowaja:

bobowaja:

I never said those that practice religions are dumb. They only suspend their brains when God is being mentioned.
Re: 11 Year Old Genius Out To Prove Hawking Wrong After His Death: "God Does Exist" by bobowaja(m): 5:32pm On Mar 29, 2018
OLAADEGBU:

The little boy might just end up like folks below:

Real Scientists Who Believe

Most of the great scientists of the past who founded and developed the key disciplines of science were biblical Christians who were creationists.  Note the following sampling:

Physics:  Newton, Faraday, Maxwell, Kelvin

Chemistry: Boyle, Dalton, Pascal, Ramsay

Biology: Ray, Linnaeus, Mendel, Pasteur

Geology: Steno, Woodward, Brewster, Agassiz

Astronomy: Kepler, Galileo, Herschel, Maunder

"These men, as well as scores of others who could be mentioned, were creationists, not evolutionists, and their names are practically synonymous with the rise of modern science.  To them, the scientific enterprise was a high calling, one dedicated to thinking God's thoughts after Him."

-- A creationist and theologian, Henry Morris and Gary E. Parker, What is Creation Science?

Here is another quote from Arthur H. Compton, winner of Nobel Prize in Physics:

"Science is the glimpse of God's purpose in nature.  The very existence of the amazing world of the atom and radiation points to a purposeful creation, to the idea that there is a God and an intelligent purpose back of everything . . . An orderly universe testifies to the greatest statement ever uttered: 'In the beginning, God . . .'" 

Johann Kepler:

"The chief aim of all investigation of the external world should be to discover the rational order and harmony which has been imposed on it by God."

Lord Kelvin: 

"With regard to the origin of life, science . . . positively affirms creative power."

Sir Isaac Newton: 

"All material things seem to have been composed of the hard and solid particles above mentioned, variously associated in the first creation by the counsel of an intelligent Agent.  For it became Him who created them to set them in order.  And if He did so, it's unphilosophical to seek for any other origin of the world, or to pretend that it might arise out of a chaos by the mere laws of nature."

"An increasing number of scientists, most particularly a growing number of evolutionists . . . argue that Darwinian evolutionary theory is no genuine scientific theory at all . . . Many of the critics have the highest intellectual credentials."

-- Michael Ruse, "Darwin's Theory: An Exercise in Science," New Scientist

And this is what a Jewish scientist who was obviously influenced by the Jewish Scriptures had to say:

Albert Einstein:

"Science can only be created by those who are thoroughly imbued with inspiration toward truth and understanding.  This source of feeling, however, springs from the sphere of Religion.  To this there also belongs the faith in the possibility that the regulations valid for the world of existence are rational, that is, comprehensible to reason.  I cannot conceive of a genuine scientist without that profound faith."
I already gave an hint to what went down during the medieval period (go and read up). Most of the scientists were compelled to church and their researches must conform with church teachings before such is made public (something Galileo decided not to do because church will go against it). As at then church said the earth is flat and Galileo sees it otherwise. And he decided to make it public knowing fully well what the church can do (he was even warned by his close pals in the church hierarchy but he declined and was punished for it.

Go read bro

And for the records, Albert Einstein was not a Christian. He is a known agnostic. Neither here or there.

1 Like

Re: 11 Year Old Genius Out To Prove Hawking Wrong After His Death: "God Does Exist" by winner01(m): 5:33pm On Mar 29, 2018
bobowaja:

Shouting something and pasting pictures up and down cannot and will never affirm your claims. I have seen several of your posts, and fallacies is all they are. Jam packing and cherry picking is all you do.
I didn't claim anything.

The rest is your headache cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is It A Sin For Couples To Kiss In The Church Premises? / I Will Fight Against This LIE / Will God Burn Man His Creature In Hell Fire?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.