Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,915 members, 7,835,058 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:49 AM

Benefits Of Paying Your Tithes And Offerings. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Benefits Of Paying Your Tithes And Offerings. (4854 Views)

Do You Still Pay Your Tithes And Offerings? / Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) / Femi Owolabi: "Pastors Use Tithes And Offerings For Humanity" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Benefits Of Paying Your Tithes And Offerings. by bummyla(m): 2:53pm On Mar 23, 2018
Tithes & Offerings.

Memorize:
“Bring Ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of host, if I will not open you windows of heaven, and pour you a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it”.
Malachi 3:10

Text:
Malachi 3:8-12
8 “Will a mere mortal rob God? Yet you rob me.
“But you ask, ‘How are we robbing you?’
“In tithes and offerings.
9 You are under a curse—your whole nation—because you are robbing me.
10 Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this,” says the Lord Almighty, “and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that there will not be room enough to store it.
11 I will prevent pests from devouring your crops, and the vines in your fields will not drop their fruit before it is ripe,” says the Lord Almighty.
12 “Then all the nations will call you blessed, for yours will be a delightful land,” says the Lord Almighty.

Introduction:
Whatever your achievement in life, the All Sufficient God has made it possible. Consequently, giving Him 10% from your income should be done with gratitude.

Deuteronomy 8:9-12.
9 a land where bread will not be scarce and you will lack nothing; a land where the rocks are iron and you can dig copper out of the hills.

10 When you have eaten and are satisfied, praise the Lord your God for the good land he has given you.
11 Be careful that you do not forget the Lord your God, failing to observe his commands, his laws and his decrees that I am giving you this day.
12 Otherwise, when you eat and are satisfied, when you build fine houses and settle down,

God is not in need of anything
Psalm 50:9-12
I have no need of a bull from your stall
Or of goats from your pens,
10 for every animal of the forest is mine,
And the cattle on a thousand hills.
11 I know every bird in the mountains,
And the insects in the fields are mine.
12 If I were hungry I would not tell you,
For the world is mine, and all that is in it.

That will warrant His demand for 10% but that He just wants to see our level of obedience and appreciation for all He has made us to achieve with our hands. God does not personally need our money but the church expends the money to propagate or spread the gospel and other kingdom projects and administrative matter.

Reasons Why People Do Not Pay Tithes And Offerings.
1. They believe that the whole 100% is not enough for their own needs.
2. Pastors are the spenders.
3. The accumulated debts/bills (before month ends) are more than the expected income.
4. Deliberate and conscious efforts by the devil to keep defaulter in perpetual lack.
5. Generational or ancestral or territorial curses.
6. The belief that they work so hard to earn their income.
7. Ignorance.
8. Spirit of disobedience.
9. Procrastination; Some keep postponing when they will pay their tithe and that day never comes.

Benefits Of Paying Your Tithes And Offerings.

1. Joy Of Obeying God’s Commandments.
1 John 3:24.
The one who keeps God's commands lives in him, and he in them. And this is how we know that he lives in us: We know it by the Spirit he gave us.

2. Opportunity To Be Blessed By God.
10 Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this,” says the Lord Almighty, “and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that there will not be room enough to store it.

3. Open Heavens.

4. Devourers Are Rebuked,
Malachi 3:11
11 And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground; neither shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the field, saith the Lord of hosts.

5. Opportunity To Become God’s Children.
Romans 8:14-17
14 For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God.
15 The Spirit you received does not make you slaves, so that you live in fear again; rather, the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship. And by him we cry, “Abba, Father.”
16 The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children.
17 Now if we are children, then we are heirs—heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory.

6. More Funds In The House Of God To Take Care Of Full Time Ministers (Levites).

7. Opportunity To Load Your Cloud For Abundant Rain.
Eccl 11:6
Sow your seed in the morning, and at evening let your hands not be idle, for you do not know which will succeed, whether this or that, or whether both will do equally well.

Luke 6:38
38 Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.”

8. Propagation of the Gospel.
2 Corinthians 4:1-6
4 Therefore, since through God’s mercy we have this ministry, we do not lose heart.
2 Rather, we have renounced secret and shameful ways; we do not use deception, nor do we distort the word of God. On the contrary, by setting forth the truth plainly we commend ourselves to everyone’s conscience in the sight of God.
3 And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing.
4 The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel that displays the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.
5 For what we preach is not ourselves, but Jesus Christ as Lord, and ourselves as your servants for Jesus’ sake.
6 For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of God’s glory displayed in the face of Christ.

2 Timothy 4:2
2 Preach the word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage—with great patience and careful instruction.

Conclusion:
Paying tithes and offering is an opportunity for God to bless us, so we should be ready to fulfil our own part and God will be committed to His own Covenant in
Malachi 3:10-12
11 I will prevent pests from devouring your crops, and the vines in your fields will not drop their fruit before it is ripe,” says the Lord Almighty.
12 “Then all the nations will call you blessed, for yours will be a delightful land,” says the Lord Almighty.

Prayer Points Before Paying Your Tithe And Offerings.
1. Father, please give me the grace to pay my tithes and offerings as at when due.

2. Father, in Your mercy, please completely block every leakage in my finances.

3. Father, release Your Spirit of giving into my life.

4. Father, by Your mercy please open the windows of heaven and pour me the blessing You promised me.

5. Father, help every member of Your Church to be faithful in their tithes and offerings.

6. Lord open the eyes of brethren who are not yet paying their tithes to see Your displeasure and curses and make them restitute their ways.

7. Personal Require.

https://bummyla.com/2018/03/23/benefits-of-paying-your-tithes-and-offerings/

https://bummyla.com/2018/03/23/prayer-points-before-paying-your-tithe-and-offerings/

1 Like

Re: Benefits Of Paying Your Tithes And Offerings. by Thegamingorca(m): 2:55pm On Mar 23, 2018
Trash grin

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Paranoia Of Christianity / Who Was At Canaanland For Shiloh? / Last Sunday Of The Month Prayers(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.