Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,737 members, 7,820,541 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:45 PM

Lewandowski: "That Was Not Penalty" Referee Told Me Why He Whistled. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lewandowski: "That Was Not Penalty" Referee Told Me Why He Whistled. (3579 Views)

Head-to-head Stats Between Messi & Lewandowski That Proved The Rightful Winner / Chelsea Vs Man U: See What Referee Told Maguire About The Supposed Penalty / Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lewandowski: "That Was Not Penalty" Referee Told Me Why He Whistled. by victorazyvictor(m): 8:33am On Mar 24, 2018
Poland captain Robert Lewandowski has suggested that the referee made a mistake by awarding a penalty to Nigeria in the 61st minute of the international friendly between the two countries on Friday, March 23.
The Bayern Munich striker agreed with Rohr, saying the Nigerian team did not create too many chances to score.

''I think that Nigeria did not create too many chances, except for the penalty incident, which probably was not,'' said Lewandowski.

''The referee told me that he whistled because he saw the reaction of Kamyk ( Marcin Kamiński).

''The friendly match will definitely be a lesson for us and we will be able to draw many conclusions from it. These are friendly matches, so it's hard to compare, there will definitely be other matches at the World Cup.''

Poland's top scorer Lewandowski had netted 9 goals in his last six matches for the national team prior to Friday's friendly against Nigeria.
Re: Lewandowski: "That Was Not Penalty" Referee Told Me Why He Whistled. by oloriooko(m): 8:44am On Mar 24, 2018
But Uzo saved his shot which he was expected to score

10 Likes

Re: Lewandowski: "That Was Not Penalty" Referee Told Me Why He Whistled. by Nobody: 9:25am On Mar 24, 2018
Wetin broda lewandowski dey talk, defeat pain am.
We beat Argentina ranked 4th in the world, now we beat Poland ranked 6th in the world, if we no dey top 30 in the world by next month, then, ogun go fire FIFA.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lewandowski: "That Was Not Penalty" Referee Told Me Why He Whistled. by THUNDER4real(m): 9:39am On Mar 24, 2018
For those that watched the match: The correct score was 1-1, because the ball crossed the line into Nigeria"s net before a defender kicked it out...The game was 50: 50..

3 Likes

Re: Lewandowski: "That Was Not Penalty" Referee Told Me Why He Whistled. by Nobody: 10:34am On Mar 24, 2018
THUNDER4real:
For those that watched the match: The correct score was 1-1, because the ball crossed the line into Nigeria"s net before a defender kicked it out...The game was 50: 50..

I also thought it crossed the line during the match but looking at the replay, Balogun might just have cleared the ball on the line. I don’t think the whole of the ball crossed the line.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lewandowski: "That Was Not Penalty" Referee Told Me Why He Whistled. by okk4sure: 11:13am On Mar 24, 2018
THUNDER4real:

Fr ur mind!It's nw on record dt Nigeria super Eagle defeated Poland national team by a lone goal.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lewandowski: "That Was Not Penalty" Referee Told Me Why He Whistled. by Gullah: 2:37pm On Mar 24, 2018
Make lewandowski keep quiet joor

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lewandowski: "That Was Not Penalty" Referee Told Me Why He Whistled. by rebirthiix: 4:51pm On Mar 24, 2018
Hmm
Re: Lewandowski: "That Was Not Penalty" Referee Told Me Why He Whistled. by THUNDER4real(m): 7:41pm On Mar 24, 2018
okk4sure:

Fr ur mind!It's nw on record dt Nigeria super Eagle defeated Poland national team by a lone goal.
What are u saying. ..for your eyes!! if you have one, you would have seen the goal...
Re: Lewandowski: "That Was Not Penalty" Referee Told Me Why He Whistled. by THUNDER4real(m): 7:44pm On Mar 24, 2018
gbosaa:

I also thought it crossed the line during the match but looking at the replay, Balogun might just have cleared the ball on the line. I don’t think the whole of the ball crossed the line.
If they had used goal line technology , that's definitely a goal..
Re: Lewandowski: "That Was Not Penalty" Referee Told Me Why He Whistled. by okk4sure: 7:58pm On Mar 24, 2018
THUNDER4real:
What are u saying. ..for your eyes!! if you have one, you would have seen the goal...

Lol
Re: Lewandowski: "That Was Not Penalty" Referee Told Me Why He Whistled. by femi4: 8:24pm On Mar 24, 2018
THUNDER4real:
Do you know the rules at all? Can you confidently say that "the whole of the ball" cross the line

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lewandowski: "That Was Not Penalty" Referee Told Me Why He Whistled. by THUNDER4real(m): 8:55pm On Mar 24, 2018
femi4:
Do you know the rules at all? Can you confidently say that "the whole of the ball" cross the line
Teacher..o ya teach me the rules....go and review the highlight of that match....the ball did not cross the line, it crossed the goalpost...lol
Re: Lewandowski: "That Was Not Penalty" Referee Told Me Why He Whistled. by THUNDER4real(m): 9:12pm On Mar 24, 2018
I don't know why people that did not watch the match are busy making noise here...even the commentator for the match said" the ball was surely over the line"...

1 Like

Re: Lewandowski: "That Was Not Penalty" Referee Told Me Why He Whistled. by Skepticus: 10:16pm On Mar 24, 2018
It's true we didn't create chances to score and a goal was ruled for Poland, but he is a sore loser for trying to move blames on the refree.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lewandowski: "That Was Not Penalty" Referee Told Me Why He Whistled. by Rosskii: 10:55pm On Mar 24, 2018
THUNDER4real:
I don't know why people that did not watch the match are busy making noise here...even the commentator for the match said" the ball was surely over the line"...

The commentator was a white Englishman. What the hell do you expect him to say? Ode.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lewandowski: "That Was Not Penalty" Referee Told Me Why He Whistled. by femi4: 10:57pm On Mar 24, 2018
THUNDER4real:
THUNDER4real:
Teacher..o ya teach me the rules....go and review the highlight of that match....the ball did not cross the line, it crossed the goalpost...lol
Stack illiterate

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lewandowski: "That Was Not Penalty" Referee Told Me Why He Whistled. by Rosskii: 10:58pm On Mar 24, 2018
victorazyvictor:
Poland captain Robert Lewandowski has suggested that the referee made a mistake by awarding a penalty to Nigeria in the 61st minute of the international friendly between the two countries on Friday, March 23.
The Bayern Munich striker agreed with Rohr, saying the Nigerian team did not create too many chances to score.

''I think that Nigeria did not create too many chances, except for the penalty incident, which probably was not,'' said Lewandowski.

''The referee told me that he whistled because he saw the reaction of Kamyk ( Marcin Kamiński).

''The friendly match will definitely be a lesson for us and we will be able to draw many conclusions from it. These are friendly matches, so it's hard to compare, there will definitely be other matches at the World Cup.''

Poland's top scorer Lewandowski had netted 9 goals in his last six matches for the national team prior to Friday's friendly against Nigeria.

Lewandowski, shut your fcking mouth. Why would Moses go down on his own after beating his man? Idiot. Eagles beat you in front of your fans. And you were useless. End of story. Mumu.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lewandowski: "That Was Not Penalty" Referee Told Me Why He Whistled. by FisifunKododada: 2:28am On Mar 25, 2018
sour grapes...kwantinue tongue
Re: Lewandowski: "That Was Not Penalty" Referee Told Me Why He Whistled. by THUNDER4real(m): 6:59am On Mar 25, 2018
femi4:
Stack illiterate
you are looking to exchange words with me...no problem:...You that is a bastard son of a thousand fathers...product of a failed education system..go and buy eyeglass for your menses eyes...Nonsense fvtard...
Re: Lewandowski: "That Was Not Penalty" Referee Told Me Why He Whistled. by THUNDER4real(m): 7:05am On Mar 25, 2018
Rosskii:

The commentator was a white Englishman. What the hell do you expect him to say? Ode.
Are you okay? so commenting is now based on ones skin color.?..you that is a black man..did you not see the goal or you were watching from the back of the television..Ode×2...
Re: Lewandowski: "That Was Not Penalty" Referee Told Me Why He Whistled. by nerodenero: 7:07am On Mar 25, 2018
Nearly doesn't kill a bird.

Football is about scoring goals and Eagles put one passed the polish keeper.

While I agree Eagles didn't create many scoring chances, their defense was solid and was the reason the scoreline remained 1-0.

It was a game between solid attack vs solid defense and the latter prevailed.

(1) (Reply)

Marie Iwobi Rocks Her Brother's Super Eagles Jersey No / Hazard Vs Bale Vs Neymar – Who Is The Best After Messi And Ronaldo? / Sport Tipping Service (STS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.