Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:44 AM

Laravel Form Processor - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Laravel Form Processor (1300 Views)

Learn Laravel From Scratch... / I Will Integrate Voguepay Payment Processor On Any Website / Anyone Need A Laravel 5.5 Developer? Hit Me Up. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Laravel Form Processor by anitchec(m): 12:07pm On Mar 24, 2018
This is a package that was inspired by one of the Laravel project i worked on recently that required me to run over half a dozen different updates on one particular Model or Entity. I could have easily created a different controller method and route for each request but it made my web.php file bloated and so was my controller and am a big fan of keeping my routes file as thin as possible and my controllers looking the same as it was when i first ran the artisan make:controller command, containing nothing else but the index, store, show, edit, update, destroy methods. So i decided to look for a way to process different but similar form requests from one controller method and Laravel Form Processor was what i could come up with.

https://tsommie.github.io/laravel-form-processor/

https://github.com/tsommie/laravel-form-processor
Re: Laravel Form Processor by anitchec(m): 8:46pm On Mar 24, 2018
I need experienced contributor!!!
Re: Laravel Form Processor by webdeveloperqx: 11:06pm On Mar 24, 2018
anitchec:
This is a package that was inspired by one of the Laravel project i worked on recently that required me to run over half a dozen different updates on one particular Model or Entity. I could have easily created a different controller method and route for each request but it made my web.php file bloated and so was my controller and am a big fan of keeping my routes file as thin as possible and my controllers looking the same as it was when i first ran the artisan make:controller command, containing nothing else but the index, store, show, edit, update, destroy methods. So i decided to look for a way to process different but similar form requests from one controller method and Laravel Form Processor was what i could come up with.

https://tsommie.github.io/laravel-form-processor/

https://github.com/tsommie/laravel-form-processor

1.2.1. Creating a form Process class
Let’s assume you have a model in your Laravel app called Article and you wish to run an update on it to change its published field from false to true, after configuring the directory you wish to place you’re Processes in, run:
please fix doc .

1 Like

Re: Laravel Form Processor by anitchec(m): 1:07am On Mar 25, 2018
webdeveloperqx:

1.2.1. Creating a form Process class
Let’s assume you have a model in your Laravel app called Article and you wish to run an update on it to change its published field from false to true, after configuring the directory you wish to place you’re Processes in, run:
please fix doc .

Thanks for your observation...please kindly let me know what exactly is missing in the doc to enable an effective fix.
Re: Laravel Form Processor by Greene66: 11:15am On Mar 25, 2018
you won't believe i am yet to understand the purpose of this laravel framework and all other PHP frameworks lipsrsealed
Re: Laravel Form Processor by anitchec(m): 12:46pm On Mar 25, 2018
Greene66:
you won't believe i am yet to understand the purpose of this laravel framework and all other PHP frameworks lipsrsealed

LMAO!!! Well do you understand HTML frameworks like Bootstrap or Zurb Foundation or the Jquery library for Javascript? Then Laravel, Symfony e.t.c. are just that for PHP but if you dont then am going to breaking down as easy as possible without writing a bible verse.

Think of any framework as a bunch of code snippets bundled in a folder to enable you write codes that would normally take you days to write yourself, and that's assuming you know what your doing, if you don't you'll end up on Google asking questions like "How do i change a div color from red to blue using javascript or css or any web language for that matter" and that's just one half of it, the other half is wondering what is the best approach to follow and not to mention consistency. Frameworks get all that drama out of the way and reducing 10 to 20 lines of code to just 2 or 1 which lets you focus on your project.

Trust me, a few months spent learning a framework of any kind will save you time and data in the long run.
Re: Laravel Form Processor by anitchec(m): 9:03am On Mar 28, 2018
Not getting enough love people...is there no one who can contribute?

(1) (Reply)

Young Tech Bloggers Needed For A Long-term Relationship / I Uploaded My Website Through Eu.pn Free Subdomain But My Image Dose Not Appear / testing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.