Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,086 members, 7,828,811 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:34 PM

Samuel Kalu Benches Moses Simon In Gent But Does Not Play For Super Eagles. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Samuel Kalu Benches Moses Simon In Gent But Does Not Play For Super Eagles. (2546 Views)

AFCON 2019: Iheanacho Set To Replace Samuel Kalu In Super Eagles squad / Samuel Kalu Who Had A Heart Attack At The Hospital (Photos) / Samuel Kalu Suffers Heart Attack, Rushed To Hospital In Egypt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Samuel Kalu Benches Moses Simon In Gent But Does Not Play For Super Eagles. by herroyalcutenes: 3:09pm On Mar 24, 2018
Gent young sensation Samuel Kalu deserves a spot on Nigeria's World Cup roster and it would make sense for Super Eagles manager Gernot Rohr to hand him a call-up to the national team ahead of this summer's football festival in Russia.

In Nigeria's last three appearances at the World Cup, the coaches have reserved a special spot for the country's most promising talent, with Adegboye Onigbinde taking a 17-year-old Bartholomew Ogbeche to the 2002 World Cup, Lars Lagerback named 19-year-old Lukman Haruna on his squadlist for South Africa 2010 and Stephen Keshi opted to include Chelsea's Kenneth Omeruo, then 20, for the tournament in Brazil.

Kalu is in the same category as the aforementioned players as was recently heralded as Nigeria's most promising prospect in Europe by CIES Football Observatory.
There were a host of clubs eager to sign the youngster, including CSKA Moscow, before he was acquired by Gent in January 2017 and questions on if he made the right choice have been put to rest thanks to his consistent performances for the Belgian First Division A outfit.

Despite the Belgian League ranked 23 places above the Slovakian Super Liga in the UEFA coefficient rankings, it is remarkable that the 20-year-old did not waste any time before he found his footing at Gent, which proves his quality.

Kalu does not play centrally in attack but has been scoring or creating goals for Gent; he has been directly involved in 24 goals (9 goals, 15 assists) in 45 appearances since his move to Belgium.

Another niche to his game is that he can also play as an attacking midfielder and can be deployed on the left flank.

Nigeria have quality wide options in Victor Moses, Alex Iwobi, Ahmed Musa and Moses Simon, but Rohr has to find a space for Samuel Kalu in the team he plans to take to the World Cup.

We are not saying that Moses is not Good but we know Samuel is a whole lot better, they both play for Gent in Belgium, but whenever Samuel is fit Moses Simon does not even make the bench, although he has been in the team longer. Samuel scores and creates more, than he does. Yet SAMUEL KALU HAS NEVER BEEN INVITED TO PLAY FOR THE SUPER EAGLES.

3 Likes

Re: Samuel Kalu Benches Moses Simon In Gent But Does Not Play For Super Eagles. by WizzPoll: 3:11pm On Mar 24, 2018
pure Lie

Moses Simon was a regular for KAA GENT until his injury!!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Samuel Kalu Benches Moses Simon In Gent But Does Not Play For Super Eagles. by footballfanatic: 3:14pm On Mar 24, 2018
My brother the thing shock me oh! Those of us in Belgium know that Samuel Kalu is the next best thing Nigeria has, in Belgium after Henry Onyekuru, that guy na real attacking midfielder.

3 Likes

Re: Samuel Kalu Benches Moses Simon In Gent But Does Not Play For Super Eagles. by footballfanatic: 3:26pm On Mar 24, 2018
Samuel bench Moses Simon last season, before Samuel got injured. I think Samuels's main problem are his knocks/injuries he even scored more than Moses Simon although 2016/2017 was his first season in Belgium. OP is not lying go to https://us.soccerway.com/teams/belgium/koninklijke-atletiek-associatie-gent/214/squad/ to view team stats. In Belgium he is a real number 10. I would like to see him in Super Eagles. He plays attacking midfield and is not supposed to outscore a forward.
Re: Samuel Kalu Benches Moses Simon In Gent But Does Not Play For Super Eagles. by WizzPoll: 3:28pm On Mar 24, 2018
Everone cant be invited

Moses Simon is doing well

1 Like

Re: Samuel Kalu Benches Moses Simon In Gent But Does Not Play For Super Eagles. by footballfanatic: 3:38pm On Mar 24, 2018
But IM dey bench am for the same club, ah ah! AND Samuel na the higest ranked african and only nigerian player on the list with Donnarumma, Mbappé etc

http://www.kaagent.be/en/supporter/news/20-02-2018/samuel-kalu-in-lijst-50-grootste-talenten-in-europa his club pasted that on their website.

1 Like

Re: Samuel Kalu Benches Moses Simon In Gent But Does Not Play For Super Eagles. by andrew444(m): 3:46pm On Mar 24, 2018
Another hypocrite here, Samuel Kalu does not bench moses simon,they both play together,simon was injured and when he returned from injury he was drafted back into the line up immediately,the both share the left and right wing,go and check Gent previous and tell me when samuel kalu bench moses simon,simon is even gent pk taker,if you dont know what to say keep your mouth shut and get your fact right

1 Like

Re: Samuel Kalu Benches Moses Simon In Gent But Does Not Play For Super Eagles. by herroyalcutenes: 4:28pm On Mar 24, 2018
andrew444:
Another hypocrite here, Samuel Kalu does not bench moses simon,they both play together,simon was injured and when he returned from injury he was drafted back into the line up immediately,the both share the left and right wing,go and check Gent previous and tell me when samuel kalu bench moses simon,simon is even gent pk taker,if you dont know what to say keep your mouth shut and get your fact right

Hmm, I wonder why you have to call me a hypocrite. http://www.soccerbase.com/teams/team.sd?team_id=1128&teamTabs=stats I rest my case.
Re: Samuel Kalu Benches Moses Simon In Gent But Does Not Play For Super Eagles. by andrew444(m): 4:40pm On Mar 24, 2018
herroyalcutenes:

Hmm, I wonder why you have to call me a hypocrite. http://www.soccerbase.com/teams/team.sd?team_id=1128&teamTabs=stats I rest my case.

Oga Moses simon has played 24 games because of a 2 month injury,while kalu has played 28 games,so who dey bench who here? only 4 games different after 2 month injury of moses simon.

Mind you kalu has score more goals than him and even more assists,but i will never agree with you for you to say kalu is benching moses simon,you dont know what you are saying okay.

2 Likes

Re: Samuel Kalu Benches Moses Simon In Gent But Does Not Play For Super Eagles. by footballfanatic: 4:47pm On Mar 24, 2018
andrew444:

How can you say that? Do you even have a tv? Kubo, Yaremchuk and Samuel no dey let Moses Simon play. In Belgium there is no competiton between them. Henry Onyekuru, Imoh, Samuel Kalu are the highest rated attackers of nigerian descent to play in belgium in the last 10-5yrs.

1 Like

Re: Samuel Kalu Benches Moses Simon In Gent But Does Not Play For Super Eagles. by footballfanatic: 4:49pm On Mar 24, 2018
andrew444:

Oga Moses simon has played 24 games because of a 2 month injury,while kalu has played 28 games,so who dey bench who here? only 4 games different after 2 month injury of moses simon.

Mind you kalu has score more goals than him and even more assists,but i will never agree with you for you to say kalu is benching moses simon,you dont know what you are saying okay.

Andrew 44 the question is 4 you. What wing does Moses Simon play in his club?

1 Like

Re: Samuel Kalu Benches Moses Simon In Gent But Does Not Play For Super Eagles. by andrew444(m): 5:02pm On Mar 24, 2018
footballfanatic:

How can you say that? Do you even have a tv? Kubo, Yaremchuk and Samuel no dey let Moses Simon play. In Belgium there is no competiton between them. Henry Onyekuru, Imoh, Samuel Kalu are the highest rated attackers of nigerian descent to play in belgium in the last 10-5yrs.

Na you no get TV....Moses simon was injured for 2 months and he is back...check the last gent games before international break.

I guess you only watch gent stats when simon was injured so you just bought TV then....I am not talking of highly rated players this season...simon was dip in form,so stop changing the topic okay,and mind you in simon first season he help gent win the Belgium league and he was in the team of the season,but you will not see that because you dont have tv then nor internet access.

Nobody is benching simon moses in Gent,they usually sub kalu out at 85 minutes most times

None of those players even won the belgium league apart from moses simon.

1 Like

Re: Samuel Kalu Benches Moses Simon In Gent But Does Not Play For Super Eagles. by andrew444(m): 5:10pm On Mar 24, 2018
footballfanatic:

Andrew 44 the question is 4 you. What wing does Moses Simon play in his club?

Lol make i disgrace you now....check gent last game...Samuel Kalu Right Wing....Moses Simon Left Wing the link below and tell me the player who was subbed out at 81 minute... and mind you this is moses simon first game after injury

I put that link for you to check the date,i dont talk what i dont know...I am arguing with you that samuel kalu is not benching moses simon,i am not telling who is the best player at belgium at the moment,in his first season at Belgium he won the league..he even scored hatrick twice...You will not take note of that because you are not watching football then maybe.

https://int.soccerway.com/matches/2018/03/11/belgium/pro-league/krc-genk/koninklijke-atletiek-associatie-gent/2462100/

Re: Samuel Kalu Benches Moses Simon In Gent But Does Not Play For Super Eagles. by footballfanatic: 5:21pm On Mar 24, 2018
andrew444:

Na you no get TV....Moses simon was injured for 2 months and he is back...check the last gent games before international break.

I guess you only watch gent stats when simon was injured so you just bought TV then....I am not talking of highly rated players this season...simon was dip in form,so stop changing the topic okay,and mind you in simon first season he help gent win the Belgium league and he was in the team of the season,but you will not see that because you dont have tv then nor internet access.

Nobody is benching simon moses in Gent,they usually sub kalu out at 85 minutes most times

None of those players even won the Belgium league apart from Moses Simon.

Guy moses Simon did not help them win the league with his less than 10 goals. Nobody said that those guys won the belgian pro league. Ask yourself where Moses Simon plays when Dejaegere is available mind you Simon Kalu was brought into the youth team by Hein Vanhaezebrouck. Moses does not score much, he usually assists, but Simon Kalu is the assist king in the whole team.
Re: Samuel Kalu Benches Moses Simon In Gent But Does Not Play For Super Eagles. by andrew444(m): 5:29pm On Mar 24, 2018
footballfanatic:

Guy moses Simon did not help them win the league with his less than 10 goals. Nobody said that those guys won the belgian pro league. Ask yourself where Moses Simon plays when Dejaegere is available mind you Simon Kalu was brought into the youth team by Hein Vanhaezebrouck. Moses does not score much, he usually assists, but Simon Kalu is the assist king in the whole team.

You gat nothing to say man...I gave you a snap shot of their last game....Samuel kalu is a good player but he doesn't bench Moses Simon okay.

You say less than 10 goals,someone scored about 10 goals in half season because he was bought January that season.

How many goals does hazard score? When Chelsea won the league during morning return hazard only scored 13 goals in more than 30 games,you don't know what you are saying...check my snap shot and link and hide your face.....I am done with you
Re: Samuel Kalu Benches Moses Simon In Gent But Does Not Play For Super Eagles. by footballfanatic: 5:30pm On Mar 24, 2018
This is not EPL, in Belgium clubs have a very large first team, with many players. Nobody is saying Moses Simon is not good but Samuel Kalu is a much needed improvement and I am glad that you agree

andrew444:

Let Me say when Dejaegere is available, the coach moves Samuel Kalu to the Left and Moses Simon to the bench. Goodnite.
Re: Samuel Kalu Benches Moses Simon In Gent But Does Not Play For Super Eagles. by andrew444(m): 5:34pm On Mar 24, 2018
footballfanatic:
This is not EPL, in Belgium clubs have a very large first team, with many players. Nobody is saying Moses Simon is not good but Samuel Kalu is a much needed improvement and I am glad that you agree

Let Me say when Dejaegere is available, the coach moves Samuel Kalu to the Left and Moses Simon to the bench. Goodnite.

Oga no b that one be arguement ok,you think I am all this Epl fan boys who know nothing about football ?i prefer Samuel kalu to Moses Simon for your information,but for you to tell me Samuel kalu is benching Simon I will never agree with that,something I know ? Who is gent pk taker ? Moses Simon
Re: Samuel Kalu Benches Moses Simon In Gent But Does Not Play For Super Eagles. by andrew444(m): 5:37pm On Mar 24, 2018
footballfanatic:

Brecht Dejaegere Is an attacking M...Samuel kalu plays from the flank and Moses Simon from the other flank...Samuel kalu is the corner kick taker,Most of his corner kick lead to goals,sometimes free kick,if I hear say Kubo dey bench Simon of Better than him ,dat short Japan guy ? I don't speak what I don't know
Re: Samuel Kalu Benches Moses Simon In Gent But Does Not Play For Super Eagles. by footballfanatic: 5:39pm On Mar 24, 2018
andrew444:

You gat nothing to say man...I gave you a snap shot of their last game....Samuel kalu is a good player but he doesn't bench Moses Simon okay.

You say less than 10 goals,someone scored about 10 goals in half season because he was bought January that season.

How many goals does hazard score? When Chelsea won the league during morning return hazard only scored 13 goals in more than 30 games,you don't know what you are saying...check my snap shot and link and hide your face.....I am done with you

What a pity, I am talking about Belgian pro league and you are using Hazard's goal scoring as an excuse, when an attacking midfielder that can play on the wings and a forward come from the same country and they play in the same team then one is included in some performance indices chart and the other is not on any chart. He is not on top goal scorers chart or assist chart yet he is still being invited to the national team.

His teammate Samuel Kalu is high on performance indices's chart and assist leader charts yet he never gets invited to the national team? Oh boy it is fishy. OR are you trying to tell me that he made all his assists in just 2 months. OR are you trying to say that Samuel Kalu is not super eagles quality. OR are you trying to tell me that Moses Simon is guaranteed a first team place in coach Yves Vanderhaeghe's squad. What is this our back and fort about?

Where do you watch your own Belgian pro-league? Goodnight Goodnight Goodnight Bonne Nuit mon amie
Re: Samuel Kalu Benches Moses Simon In Gent But Does Not Play For Super Eagles. by andrew444(m): 5:55pm On Mar 24, 2018
footballfanatic:

What a pity, I am talking about Belgian pro league and you are using Hazard's goal scoring as an excuse, when an attacking midfielder that can play on the wings and a forward come from the same country and they play in the same team then one is included in some performance indices chart and the other is not on any chart. He is not on top goal scorers chart or assist chart yet he is still being invited to the national team.

His teammate Samuel Kalu is high on performance indices's chart and assist leader charts yet he never gets invited to the national team? Oh boy it is fishy. OR are you trying to tell me that he made all his assists in just 2 months. OR are you trying to say that Samuel Kalu is not super eagles quality. OR are you trying to tell me that Moses Simon is guaranteed a first team place in coach Yves Vanderhaeghe's squad. What is this our back and fort about?

Where do you watch the Belgian pro-league? Goodnight Goodnight Goodnight Bonne Nuit mon amie

I gave you an example same way you use Epl as an example
Re: Samuel Kalu Benches Moses Simon In Gent But Does Not Play For Super Eagles. by footballfanatic: 6:25pm On Mar 24, 2018
If you are somebody that observes a lot you would see that in the snapshot you posted it was only regulars that were substituted later in the second half. Simon Kalu is the Assist leader in the team and third highest goal scorer in the team. If im no make World Cup, then you know whats up.
Re: Samuel Kalu Benches Moses Simon In Gent But Does Not Play For Super Eagles. by footballfanatic: 10:52pm On Mar 24, 2018
Out of Moses Simons five goals, three are penalties? While out of Samuel Kalu's six goals none is a penalty. Invite the guy to super Eagles Make Im boost the team
Re: Samuel Kalu Benches Moses Simon In Gent But Does Not Play For Super Eagles. by Andy2274: 8:39am On Mar 26, 2018
footballfanatic:
Out of Moses Simons five goals, three are penalties? While out of Samuel Kalu's six goals none is a penalty. Invite the guy to super Eagles Make Im boost the team
. Oga write to NFF instead of arguing here or better still tell us Kalu is your brother. All players cannot be invited to the super eagle squad. The coach cannot invite players he doesn't know much about because he want to win the world cup. If penalty was not counted as goal FIFA wouldn't have allowed it. Both players are good and they are still young. I believe after the world cup, most aged players will be drop for new ones. So allow the boys to focus on the world cup, work with the players that qualified us for world cup and have been together for some time................mind you for the fact you are in Belgium doesn't not mean you should ask someone if he has a TV at home
Re: Samuel Kalu Benches Moses Simon In Gent But Does Not Play For Super Eagles. by quickly: 12:21pm On Mar 26, 2018
footballfanatic:
If you are somebody that observes a lot you would see that in the snapshot you posted it was only regulars that were substituted later in the second half. Simon Kalu is the Assist leader in the team and third highest goal scorer in the team. If im no make World Cup, then you know whats up.

If you get Instagram go to nffofficial and complain.

I also think Sadiq Umar and Kalu shd be given a chance.

Just like ppl campaigned for Jr ajayi
Re: Samuel Kalu Benches Moses Simon In Gent But Does Not Play For Super Eagles. by jaychubi: 1:47pm On Mar 26, 2018
High performance for club doesn't equate to high performance for country.

I won't say more than this
Re: Samuel Kalu Benches Moses Simon In Gent But Does Not Play For Super Eagles. by andrew444(m): 6:03pm On Apr 01, 2018
footballfanatic:

Where do you watch your own Belgian pro-league? Goodnight Goodnight Goodnight Bonne Nuit mon amie

Bro Gent is playing right now and Moses Simon and Samuel Kalu is in the starting line up,you can see what i am telling you about right? Both of them in the Left wing and right wing,So you can see that moses simon is not benched by anyone there
Re: Samuel Kalu Benches Moses Simon In Gent But Does Not Play For Super Eagles. by isan(m): 6:13pm On Apr 01, 2018
Wailing wailer
Re: Samuel Kalu Benches Moses Simon In Gent But Does Not Play For Super Eagles. by DerideGull(m): 9:29pm On Apr 01, 2018
WizzPoll:
Everone cant be invited

Moses Simon is doing well

If Samuel Kalu is better than one or two players on the list, then considerable adjustment had to be made. To make a wave at Russia, Nigeria must not succumb to petty sentiment.

(1) (Reply)

Week 29 Pools Fixtures – UK 2019/2020 Season / Super Falcons Crash Out Of All African Games / Who Remebers Samuel Etoo's Stint With Real Madrid?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.