Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,339 members, 7,819,200 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:36 PM

Twenty Minutes Left To Live. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Twenty Minutes Left To Live. (538 Views)

Reasons To Live / The Life I Didn't Want To Live - Diaries Of A Virgin Boy / How To Write A Quality Article In Less Than 15 Minutes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Twenty Minutes Left To Live. by Simiwords(f): 2:02am On Dec 27, 2018
Hi. I saw this topic twenty minutes to live and I decided to write something short. ��������

TWENTY MINUTES LEFT TO LIVE
"You have twenty minutes left to live. I know this is sudden but I'll advice you to reach all your loved ones and at least say goodbye to them". Doctor Beatrice said to me a solemn look on her face. I almost believed she could feel my pain. Almost but I was reminded that she was just pitying me out of obligation. I mean just how many people did she get to tell about the loss of their loved ones or that they had very few minutes to live?. " I have to check on other patients, I am very sorry " she said touching my shoulder before slowly exiting the examination room leaving me with my thoughts.

A few minutes later I stumbled into my Apartment. The warmth and comfort I usually felt whenever I came home eluded me. My body was moving but I was not registering anything. I put on the t.v and sat on the sofa directly opposite it. What used to be my favorite spot felt so cold and foreign. Bringing my legs up I folded my knees and hugged myself.

What was I supposed to do in such short time? What thoughts were supposed to cross my mind? What was left on my bucket list to complete? I felt so cold. An icy feeling from deep inside my heart. Was this what dying felt like? What worried me the most was that I had absolutely nobody I wanted to call to say good bye to. Cutting my family, friends and lovers off a few months ago seemed like the best thing to do in order to achieve my goal of becoming successful and being an influential person in the rat race of the society but now I just regretted it. I was going to die and nobody was going to miss me. Was this what I truly had planned for myself when I said I wanted to be someone in life? Was this what I truly wanted? Was I ever going to get a second chance?

I woke up still feeling drained. All my energy was gone just from thinking about how I would never get to live again and actually make a difference. The television was still on and it was showing news at ten. I sighed and closed my eyes waiting for death to take me. Something clicked in my head, my eyes opened in a flash. It had been over eight hours since I came home. Was I not going to die? Was I getting a second chance?

Simi_words.

(1) (Reply)

Content Writers For A Blog Needed / SHORT STORY: Because I'm A Good Man / Blood Wars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.