Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,075 members, 7,818,217 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:35 AM

Oyedepo To Establish Another University: Landmark University - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Oyedepo To Establish Another University: Landmark University (16985 Views)

Oyedepo To Build Estates For His Members (pictures) / Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oyedepo To Establish Another University: Landmark University by odedele: 5:10pm On May 04, 2010
President of living faith church David Oyedepo said the church is set to establish another university by september this year  to be named LANDMARK UNIVERSITY
Re: Oyedepo To Establish Another University: Landmark University by Kay17: 5:29pm On May 04, 2010
Still not for the masses!
Re: Oyedepo To Establish Another University: Landmark University by Kay17: 5:31pm On May 04, 2010
Or his indigent congregation!
Re: Oyedepo To Establish Another University: Landmark University by lareine(f): 6:22pm On May 04, 2010
People should stop the hating of their successful countetparts.
Work hard and leave the position of 'the masses!'
Re: Oyedepo To Establish Another University: Landmark University by Kay17: 8:03pm On May 04, 2010
lareine:

at least the Church was built on their sweat. with his weekly persuasion, do they contribute to fund his projects.
Re: Oyedepo To Establish Another University: Landmark University by karo93: 9:07pm On May 04, 2010
i wonder how the poor and average in the church would feel knowing that though it is their money that is being used yet they could not afford to send their wards to the first uni and still would not afford the new one.
Re: Oyedepo To Establish Another University: Landmark University by thehomer: 2:04am On May 05, 2010
Some links/clips would be nice.
Re: Oyedepo To Establish Another University: Landmark University by Mudley313: 2:34am On May 05, 2010
lareine:

here goes the nigerian mentality again. ibori thief government (our) money, u condemn the act of corruption, its hating. young boy dupe oyinbo n buy flashy car, u condemn act of 419, its hating. farudulent men of gawd fleece their impoverished flocks in the name of gawd n build business empires, its hating.

yea, we know its hard work being a great speaker n being cunning enough to fleece the gullible in the name of gawd same as its hard work sitting in a cyber cafe all night defrauding magas, but dats not the point

this man is a thief, n moreso, uses god's name to commit his heinous 419 act of thievery to stupid nigerians who still continue to rever him
Re: Oyedepo To Establish Another University: Landmark University by Osama10(m): 2:38am On May 05, 2010
Greeddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd!
Re: Oyedepo To Establish Another University: Landmark University by richjohn1(m): 9:30am On May 05, 2010
I laugh in french grin Papa thief OLEDEPO
Re: Oyedepo To Establish Another University: Landmark University by Seun(m): 4:12pm On May 05, 2010
Re: Oyedepo To Establish Another University: Landmark University by Ogaga4Luv(m): 4:24pm On May 05, 2010
[size=13pt]Yes , this is another old rumor . . .i stumble across this last year  somewhere on the net space. smiley[/size]
Re: Oyedepo To Establish Another University: Landmark University by Jackie26: 11:59am On May 07, 2010
LANDMARK UNIVERSITY WILL BE COMMISSIONED SOON AND THREE MORE WILL FOLLOW SHORTLY IN NIGERIA AND TWO OUTSIDE THE COUNTRY. THERE WAS ABSOLUTELY NO COLLECTION FOR THIS PROJECT AND MANY MORE. IT IS THE LORD'S DOING AND IT IS MARVELOUS EYES.
Re: Oyedepo To Establish Another University: Landmark University by Jackie26: 12:03pm On May 07, 2010
LANDMARK UNIVERSITY WILL BE COMMISSIONED SOON AND THREE MORE WILL FOLLOW SHORTLY IN NIGERIA AND TWO OUTSIDE THE COUNTRY. THERE WAS ABSOLUTELY NO COLLECTION FOR THIS PROJECT AND MANY MORE. IT IS THE LORD'S DOING AND IT IS MARVELOUS IN OUR EYES.
Re: Oyedepo To Establish Another University: Landmark University by Beautymc(f): 6:57pm On May 07, 2010
Jackie_25:

LANDMARK UNIVERSITY WILL BE COMMISSIONED SOON AND THREE MORE WILL FOLLOW SHORTLY IN NIGERIA AND TWO OUTSIDE THE COUNTRY. THERE WAS ABSOLUTELY NO COLLECTION FOR THIS PROJECT AND MANY MORE. IT IS THE LORD'S DOING AND IT IS MARVELOUS IN OUR EYES.

God is great. Am not only a witness of what God is doing in Winners' Chapel, but a partaker of the blessing. God will always bless my father in the faith (Bishop Oyedepo) and also my mentor. Jesus Christ is Lord.
Re: Oyedepo To Establish Another University: Landmark University by Mudley313: 7:40pm On May 07, 2010
Beautymc:

God is great. Am not only a witness of what God is doing in Winners' Chapel, but a partaker of the blessing. God will always bless my father in the faith (Bishop Oyedepo) and also my mentor. Jesus Christ is Lord.

oyedepo is "your father" n jesus has now been relegated to just a "mentor". nice one elevating a "man" to the status of (god the) father; your biological father will be so proud of ya. wats the difference between this n guru maharji or olumba olumba followers, or even followers of dat jim jones chap who led his delusional flocks into committing mass suicide

christianity is nothing more than a cult now in naija wit the emergence of flamboyant cult-figures n brainwashed sheeps
Re: Oyedepo To Establish Another University: Landmark University by Kx: 7:44pm On May 07, 2010
Beautymc:

Mudley313:

oyedepo is "your father" n jesus has now been relegated to just a "mentor". nice one elevating a "man" to the status of (god the) father; your biological father will be so proud of ya. wats the difference between this n guru maharji or olumba olumba followers, or even followers of dat jim jones chap who led his delusional flocks into committing mass suicide

christianity is nothing more than a cult now in naija wit the emergence of flamboyant cult-figures n brainwashed sheeps
Is it not clear that he made reference to one and the same person being his father and mentor-Oyedepo?
Re: Oyedepo To Establish Another University: Landmark University by Mudley313: 7:49pm On May 07, 2010
Kx:

Is it not clear that he made reference to one and the same person being his father and mentor-Oyedepo?

oh ok, my bad. so fraudster oyedepo is both to him/her grin . its no biggie, nor be today man start to serve man for dis world
Re: Oyedepo To Establish Another University: Landmark University by Omins: 6:57pm On Sep 03, 2010
How can people say such a thing, i am a witness & a partaker of the great things GOD ALMIGHTY has used and done through this man,
Re: Oyedepo To Establish Another University: Landmark University by medjai(m): 11:30pm On Sep 03, 2010
great news!!! I graduated from Covenant University and I'm glad this another means through which many other lives would be turned around
Re: Oyedepo To Establish Another University: Landmark University by 6fut: 1:16pm On Sep 04, 2010
4 doz in doubt of landmark univ, its located in Umuaran (his hometown) in kwara state. I usualy pass d univ goin 2 my PPA durin my NYSC.
In as much as i believ d anointin/power of God upon his life, i tink such fund shud b used 2 touch d lives of dia poor members rather than establishn a univ wit such high fees where d average members/wards cant attend. Whether we like it or nt, d funds bein spent on diz ventures com frm members.
I knw dat fundin a univ is'nt easy, even som state govt find it dificult fundin dia univ 100%, let alone a private univ hence d exorbitant/hike in tuition.
My point is dey shud venture in2 other biznesses wich wil touch lives of its members.
Despite d critcism against T.B Joshua, i tink dis man of God (whether genuine or nt), has touch more lives both in 9ja/abroad than ANY other man of God in 9ja. With wat i've seen whether deceptive or nt, he nd Papa Adeboye is d most down 2 earth.period
Re: Oyedepo To Establish Another University: Landmark University by Onamie: 1:10pm On Jan 16, 2011
Is it possible for us to broaden our thinking scope and look at the bigger pictures of events around us? Have we taught about the families of those that will be employed into this universities, the job creation part of it, development of africa rather than the masses as some of us always talk about. Do people pick money from the street. People work hard their ways out of poverty.
Prosperity is not wished, God help us all in wisdom.
Re: Oyedepo To Establish Another University: Landmark University by UyiIredia(m): 8:10pm On Jan 16, 2011
@ Kay & other Oyedepo critics

I would say that it saddens me when I see you criticise Oyedepo like this; I do not know (or care to know) if he fleeces his congregation (a thing I assuredly doubt except fronted accusations have very solid ground). The point to note is that this man has established a university that has facilities that'll make federal universities green with envy. They have stringent rules (some of which I purposefully don't abide by because I am not convinced of the validity of their predicates) but the presence of a cultured campus environment is one that, no doubt, should (if not would) impress the harshest critic.

Note that, the claim can be made, that no one on Nairaland has done better than Oyedepo, to better the lot of this nation. Few, if any universities can boast of Chancellors & Vice-Chancellors who make it a point of duty to assemble their students at least 3ce a month to give them much-needed advice and motivation for successful living. If the manner in which Mr David (fondly and rightly called Papa) irks you, then,  come home and do your own bit to better this country instead of sitting in your 'comfort zones' amongst the cold & souls who know no pain, accomplishment or defeat. Presently, I am on a patio (in one of our college building, overlooking a lush veranda whilst in the background the sound of generators groan-for it is tradition here that there is light throughout the night) taking advantage of the Internet hotspots available to answer critics who continue to lampoon this man.

I take your imprecations seriously because I am a student of Covenant university and my commune with you now is made possible because of the drive for excellence in the university (never mind that it is a young one), a drive for excellence that is pristine and sincere, a drive that has added value to me (even if it is in a way opposed to some unbeliefs). It is in the nature of man to be imperfect-likewise there are things about 'Papa' which irk me-and constructive criticism is necessary to beter a thing, but let us not be so engrossed in our bias and criticisms as to be blind to good things Oyedepo has done and more good things which poco-a-poco will found a great Nigerian heritage

Respectfully submitted,

Uyi Iredia
Re: Oyedepo To Establish Another University: Landmark University by Kay17: 2:13am On Jan 20, 2011
Note that, the claim can be made, that no one on Nairaland has done better than Oyedepo, to better the lot of this nation
Like charging extraordinary fees!
I take your imprecations seriously because I am a student of Covenant university and my commune with you now is made possible[table][/table]
there is the reason for the blind support.
Re: Oyedepo To Establish Another University: Landmark University by Nobody: 3:18am On Jan 20, 2011
Kay 17:

Like charging extraordinary fees! there is the reason for the blind support.

You can't blame him, if oyedepo doesn't rob his congregation poco a poco to build schools and buy jets he won't have any other school to go to, after all the state schools are probably on strike.
Re: Oyedepo To Establish Another University: Landmark University by yommyuk: 1:25am On Jan 21, 2011
At least the man of God is investing the proceeds in the country where the funds originated. The same cannot be said of our dear politicians who take our country's money abroad to buy some million dollar property that they hardly need.

Kudos to the man. smiley I call him the "Robin hood"of our age cool
Re: Oyedepo To Establish Another University: Landmark University by kabiru41: 7:35am On Jan 26, 2011
U guys should mind the language u use on the man of God b4 u land contact leprosy
Re: Oyedepo To Establish Another University: Landmark University by KunleOshob(m): 9:41am On Jan 26, 2011
I just read on the head lines of encomium that Oledepo is building a N250 billion Naira estate planned to be the biggest estate in Africa and all ready his thoroughly brainwashed flock are over reaching themselves to "sow" into this new racket, I wonder how far these con men would go with this racket.
Re: Oyedepo To Establish Another University: Landmark University by glassman: 10:08am On Jan 26, 2011
i just read on the head lines of encomium that Oledepo is building a N250 billion Naira estate planned to be the biggest estate in Africa and all ready his thoroughly brainwashed flock are over reaching themselves to "sow" into this new racket, I wonder how far these con men would go with this racket.

go report 2 EFCC if u'v got probs wf dat
Re: Oyedepo To Establish Another University: Landmark University by RockA1: 7:45pm On Mar 10, 2011
Sometime i wonder what is wrong with people. Oyedepo is blessed of God, that is the only thing that can make a man that successful. Read the biography of people before you judge them. that man didn't just come out of the blues. Judge not that you might not be judge. I would advice that you aspire to be great by appreciating great people, not by condemning them.
Re: Oyedepo To Establish Another University: Landmark University by yommyuk: 8:40pm On Mar 10, 2011
Sometime i wonder what is wrong with people. Oyedepo is blessed of God, that is the only thing that can make a man that successful. Read the biography of people before you judge them. that man didn't just come out of the blues. Judge not that you might not be judge. I would advice that you aspire to be great by appreciating great people, not by condemning them.

In as much as I agree that one should not be overly jugdemental, people have the right to evaluate a person based on facts to have an opinion. It is the expression and motive of the opinion that must be balanced.
Re: Oyedepo To Establish Another University: Landmark University by EarsWide(m): 10:52pm On Mar 10, 2011
@Supporters of the charlatan Oyedepo

This fraudster stands in front of the congregation and tells them about his PRIVATE PLANE and they all clap. How brainwashed is that ?
That plane will certainly cost millions of dollars - where did the money come from ?

I will tell you - your tithes, offerings and maybe the fees from the various schools.

People WAKE UP!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

. / What Happens To Those Who Hold On Tightly To Sin Instead Of Letting Go (picture) / Shiloh 2011 "waves Of Glory"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.