Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,151 members, 7,811,293 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:33 AM

My Life As A Full-time Blogger - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / My Life As A Full-time Blogger (333 Views)

We Are Hiring Full-time Writers ** APPLY ** / Come In Get This Well Designed Blogger Template! / 7 simple things every blogger should take into account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Life As A Full-time Blogger by Nobody: 7:57pm On Mar 24, 2018
I know quite a few people who proudly declare themselves to be full-time bloggers, but what that actually means in practical terms depends on who you ask. Also, very few of us can really use that title. Most of us who work on our blogs full-time also have part-time gigs to help keep the cash-flow going, especially in the first few years. Although I’ve been blogging for over 4 years, I didn’t really devote myself to blogging as a full-time pursuit until about four months ago. Prior to that I worked as an editor for another major blog. It was an amazing opportunity, and it allowed me to write about things other than makeup and outfits. While cepulse is my blog, I didn’t think I was allowed to blog about anything other than finance. By switching over to include any and every topic that interests me, I’ve grown the site traffic here from around 30,000 views a month to over 400,000 views a month.

Okay, so let’s get to the good stuff, shall we?
HOW DO I MAKE MONEY?
1. Ad revenue
As you can see, in the last few months, I’ve added quite a few more ads to this site. I know it looks a little crazy right now, but I am working on changing the layout so the blog looks and feels better, even with ads running. In the meantime, the ads have to stay put because they’re how I keep the lights on. #notkidding. The more views I have to the site on any given day, the more money I make..

2. Affiliate revenue
When I post about particular products, oftentimes those links are affiliate links. If you buy what I suggest, I get a small percentage of that revenue. It’s not much, but every dollar counts. My favorite, of course, is Amazon. Most people have Amazon prime so it makes it easy to recommend products to be purchased from Amazon.

TOO MUCH OF TALK GETS PEOPLE BORED
Re: My Life As A Full-time Blogger by oswaggiee(m): 8:10pm On Mar 24, 2018
Blog url?

(1) (Reply)

Detailed Guide On How To Apply For Google Africa Scholarship Programme 2018 / Dear Tech Entrepreneurs, A Happy Customer Keeps You In Business / Reasons For Bad Network In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.