Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,827 members, 7,831,690 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 01:46 AM

Why True Christians See Leah Sheribu As A Huge Source Of Inspiration - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why True Christians See Leah Sheribu As A Huge Source Of Inspiration (22942 Views)

Jehovahs Witnesses that believe they are the only True Christians.Please come in / Pastor Adeboye Prays For Leah Sharibu / How Atheist See The Future Vs How Christians See It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why True Christians See Leah Sheribu As A Huge Source Of Inspiration by Nobody: 9:32am On Mar 25, 2018
This leah story looks staged abeg
Re: Why True Christians See Leah Sheribu As A Huge Source Of Inspiration by paxonel(m): 9:34am On Mar 25, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
You claim that there are other ways but you failed to mention them. The sad part is that you quoted the entire OP just to write this.

Proverbs 14:12
There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

You are not a Christian, so her action and this post will never make sense to you. Those who have been inspired have been inspired already. What you think doesn't matter. To us, she is a hero who will be largely celebrated for defeating Islamic terrorism.
you are sounding like a stupid Islamic fundamentalist who was converted to christianity some few years back who is madly in search of some christian martyr. grin

Why is your heart so full of hatred. Can't you obey the simple injunction of Christ LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOUR AS YOURSELF or Are we fighting?

I only said there are better ways the little girl would have done it, i expected you to ask me how first before spilling yourself. grin

so you are one of those who say she should have accepted Islam the renounce it upon gaining freedom.
that's not what i said, you terribly misunderstood me, i told you if you must practice christianity, then practice it intelligently

It's as if you do not know what Islam entails.
I said it! You know so much about Islam but very little about christianity grin

You don't go in an leave unless in a casket. We've heard how Northern Muslims are sympathetic to the course of Boko Haram and how APC is somehow linked to the group. How are you certain the girl won't be killed after the sympathizers in her neighborhood realize that she has gone back to Christianity? If you leave Islam, you get killed.
then she can always practice her christianity secretly it's between her and her God, she don't need to anounce herself or deny Islam openly when she sees that her life is threatened otherwise she will be killed for nothing. Intelligent people think faster than what religion can offer, unfortunately she is still a kid.

1 Like

Re: Why True Christians See Leah Sheribu As A Huge Source Of Inspiration by talk2emma: 9:35am On Mar 25, 2018
paxonel:

Op, there are other ways Leah sharibu would have done it and set herself free from captivity and still remain a christian which would have been wiser than her inspiring christians who are observing the situation at the expense of her freedom and liberty.

Denying Islam in the presence of her captors who want her to change her faith to Islam for her freedom is not necessary.
The decision will never inspire christians in anyway, Though they can pretend to be inspired

I guess because she is still a child, she cannot think of any other way, so she remains in captivity(hopefully, God may touch her captors to release her)

An adult christian is not expected to be childish like that

Do you think the life you are living is your own
Re: Why True Christians See Leah Sheribu As A Huge Source Of Inspiration by Nobody: 9:41am On Mar 25, 2018
paxonel:

Op, there are other ways Leah sharibu would have done it and set herself free from captivity and still remain a christian which would have been wiser than her inspiring christians who are observing the situation at the expense of her freedom and liberty.

Denying Islam in the presence of her captors who want her to change her faith to Islam for her freedom is not necessary.
The decision will never inspire christians in anyway, Though they can pretend to be inspired

I guess because she is still a child, she cannot think of any other way, so she remains in captivity(hopefully, God may touch her captors to release her)

Kindly note that these captives aren't genuine Muslims.
In Islam,Quran says there is no compulsion in religion.
These captives are the black sheeps in Islam.They do not represent what the rasul taught.
Hope this helps

1 Like

Re: Why True Christians See Leah Sheribu As A Huge Source Of Inspiration by alBHAGDADI: 9:43am On Mar 25, 2018
CuteMadridista:
I thought Leah Sheribu would be out of captivity by now due to the many prayers that have been prayed by our Christians on her situation as Jesus made it clear that a little faith can move mountains, let's see those verses

Jesus answered and said to them, “Truly I say to you, if you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what was done to the fig tree, but even if you say to this mountain, `Be taken up and cast into the sea,’ it will happen. “And all things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive.” (Matthew 21:21-22)

Jesus also reiterated it again

Again I say to you, that if two of you agree on earth about anything that they may ask, it shall be done for them by My Father who is in heaven. For where two or three have gathered together in My name, I am there in their midst. (Matthew 18:19-20)

and again

Amen, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be lifted up and thrown into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it shall be done for him. Therefore I tell you, all that you ask for in prayer, believe that you will receive it and it shall be yours. (Mark 11:24-25)

and again

And whatever you ask in my name, I will do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask anything of me in my name, I will do it. (John 14:13-14)

and again

(Matthew 17:20 For truly, I say to you, if you have faith as a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move; and nothing will be impossible to you.) then whatever you ask for in prayer will be granted, there are obviously only a few options available.

if the above verses were true, there are obviously only a few options available for Christians to chose after their prayers has done nothing to remove the girl from captivity:

1) the Bible is wrong, Jesus never said these things

2) the Bible is right, Jesus said these things but Jesus was wrong

3) the Bible is right, Jesus said these things but Jesus lied

4) no one who prayed for anything that actually required god's intervention - like our Christians do for Leah Sheribu- had any faith

5) the Bible is just a collection of myths & fables & Yahweh, Jesus, Holy Spirit, Satan doesn't exist
You will be put to shame when she gets released successfully.

1 Like

Re: Why True Christians See Leah Sheribu As A Huge Source Of Inspiration by alBHAGDADI: 9:45am On Mar 25, 2018
martineverest:
I thought they said the abduction was a fluke......smh for hypocrites
It is a fluke in the sense that it is perpetrated by the Islamic government in power.
Re: Why True Christians See Leah Sheribu As A Huge Source Of Inspiration by Nobody: 9:45am On Mar 25, 2018
martineverest:
I thought they said the abduction was a fluke......smh for hypocrites

Most antiAPC said it was an arrangement to give the Gvt a political point.
The Leah sheribu episode has destroyed their claims
Re: Why True Christians See Leah Sheribu As A Huge Source Of Inspiration by paxonel(m): 9:46am On Mar 25, 2018
danjumakolo:

These captives are the black sheeps in Islam.They do not represent what the rasul taught.
Hope this helps
You are absolutely correct bro
Re: Why True Christians See Leah Sheribu As A Huge Source Of Inspiration by CuteMadridista: 9:47am On Mar 25, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
You will be put to shame when she gets released successfully.

You think I don't want her released?
Re: Why True Christians See Leah Sheribu As A Huge Source Of Inspiration by paxonel(m): 9:47am On Mar 25, 2018
talk2emma:

Do you think the life you are living is your own
how does this question in anyway relate to what we are saying?
Re: Why True Christians See Leah Sheribu As A Huge Source Of Inspiration by alBHAGDADI: 9:48am On Mar 25, 2018
ollah2:

Deuteronomy 13:6-9 "If your very own brother, or your son or daughter, or the wife you love, or your closest friend secretly entices you, saying: Let us go and worship other gods (gods that neither you nor your fathers have known, gods of the peoples around you, whether near or far, from one end of the land to the other, or gods of other religions), do not yield to him or listen to him. Show him no pity. Do not spare him or shield him. You must certainly put him to death. Your hand must be the first in putting him to death, and then the hands of all the people."

Deuteronomy 17:3-5 "And he should go and worship other gods and bow down to them or to the sun or the moon or all the army of the heavens, .....and you must stone such one with stones and such one must die."

You've been told several times that those are old testament verses which no longer apply in this age of Grace. Believe whatever you want to.

1 Like

Re: Why True Christians See Leah Sheribu As A Huge Source Of Inspiration by airlord2020: 9:49am On Mar 25, 2018
Christians who believe she should have denounced Christianity and the change back should watch this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fj1d9h7IL0I
Re: Why True Christians See Leah Sheribu As A Huge Source Of Inspiration by eyinjuege: 9:50am On Mar 25, 2018
fk002:

The guy you quoted is right....

After all she is a small girl i guess Jesus will forgive her, since you guys claim that he is forgiving...

But can she forgive herself? Sooner or later, we all have to be true to ourselves.
You need to understand that.
Some Jehovah Witnesses will never take blood regardless of what anyone says even at the point of death. Some would change their minds and take blood transfusion.
Faith is very personal for most folks and its all about your individual relationship with who/what you believe in.
There are some adults who would do same as the girl. Some children would also do otherwise. Most people cannot really tell how they will honestly react until faced in similar situation.
It doesn't make Leah stupid or slow because she won't renounce Christ even if she doesn't mean it so she can be released. It just means she is so grounded in her beliefs that even in the face of death and torture, she would still stay true to herself.
Now, for those that believe she would have been released if she had converted, conversion doesnt take a week, or even a month. While the others were released, she would still be under their tutelage learning what she should know about the new religion. She would still be exposed to these murderers who may even decide to do whatever they want to her.

3 Likes

Re: Why True Christians See Leah Sheribu As A Huge Source Of Inspiration by alBHAGDADI: 9:52am On Mar 25, 2018
danjumakolo:

Hope this helps
Did Muhammad not forcefully convert people in his time?

Read about the Banu Qurayza Jews, how he beheaded a lady's husband, father and brothers, then proceeded to have sex with her the same day and Islamized her. You know nothing of your religion other than go and slam your head in mosque.

3 Likes

Re: Why True Christians See Leah Sheribu As A Huge Source Of Inspiration by paxonel(m): 9:52am On Mar 25, 2018
ollah2:

Thank you but she knows about her captors and how deadly they are. She knows they could have killed her for not dancing their tune, but I believe she must have listened and believed that Jesus will save her regardless of the situation she finds herself.
No,
I think that the reason why she is not dead by now is because she is a young girl who knows nothing.
If she was adult especially a man, by now he would have been a forgotten project grin
If that happens, don't blame Christ that he didn't save him,
He was supposed to use his own intelligence as a man
Re: Why True Christians See Leah Sheribu As A Huge Source Of Inspiration by palsenator(m): 9:54am On Mar 25, 2018
paxonel:

Denounced Christ bah? She has inspired many people than so called Pastors. We are sure she won't die in captivity. Her return will be an eye opener that Christian isn't all about prosperity

1 Like

Re: Why True Christians See Leah Sheribu As A Huge Source Of Inspiration by paxonel(m): 9:55am On Mar 25, 2018
technokid:
Matthew 18:3 And he said: "Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.
grin grin
Re: Why True Christians See Leah Sheribu As A Huge Source Of Inspiration by alBHAGDADI: 9:55am On Mar 25, 2018
paxonel:
you are sounding like a stupid Islamic fundamentalist who was converted to christianity some few years back who is madly in search of some christian martyr. grin

Why is your heart so full of hatred. Can't you obey the simple injunction of Christ LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOUR AS YOURSELF or Are we fighting?

I only said there are better ways the little girl would have done it, i expected you to ask me how first before spilling yourself. grin
that's not what i said, you terribly misunderstood me, i told you if you must practice christianity, then practice it intelligently
I said it! You know so much about Islam but very little about christianity grin
then she can always practice her christianity secretly it's between her and her God, she don't need to anounce herself or deny Islam openly when she sees that her life is threatened otherwise she will be killed for nothing. Intelligent people think faster than what religion can offer, unfortunately she is still a kid.

I will act like I idnt see the rest of your post except the bold part.

If by intelligent you mean one should lie and deny his faith at the sight of death, then there really is no need to hold on to such faith. There is nothing like being cold and warm as the same time. Jesus will spit you out if you are shady.

Revelations 3:16
So, because you are lukewarm--neither hot nor cold--I am about to spit you out of my mouth.

3 Likes

Re: Why True Christians See Leah Sheribu As A Huge Source Of Inspiration by alBHAGDADI: 9:57am On Mar 25, 2018
danjumakolo:

Most antiAPC said it was an arrangement to give the Gvt a political point.
The Leah sheribu episode has destroyed their claims
It is still APC's tactics to give the false abduction a credibility. They think if they hold back a Christian girl, it will make Christians believe the abduction was actually real and not staged by APC. What we want is our daughter. They can continue their drama without her.

1 Like

Re: Why True Christians See Leah Sheribu As A Huge Source Of Inspiration by paxonel(m): 9:57am On Mar 25, 2018
CriticMaestro:
hahaha dix dude is funny, u sound like someone getting ready for waec too. Bcuz it's clear u didn't comprehend what the gentleman just posted

I clearly understand everything or educate me, tell me what the op was saying?? grin
Re: Why True Christians See Leah Sheribu As A Huge Source Of Inspiration by alBHAGDADI: 9:58am On Mar 25, 2018
paxonel:

No,
I think that the reason why she is not dead by now is because she is a young girl who knows nothing.
If she was adult especially a man, by now he would have been a forgotten project grin
If that happens, don't blame Christ that he didn't save him,
He was supposed to use his own intelligence as a man
I'm glad you have shown your true colors as an antichrist.

Everyone reading this thread will see how destructive you are.

3 Likes

Re: Why True Christians See Leah Sheribu As A Huge Source Of Inspiration by alBHAGDADI: 9:59am On Mar 25, 2018
CuteMadridista:

You think I don't want her released?
When she gets released, people like you will still say it wasn't as a result of Christian prayers.

Pls, we know your kind.

1 Like

Re: Why True Christians See Leah Sheribu As A Huge Source Of Inspiration by ollah2: 10:00am On Mar 25, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

You've been told several times that those are old testament verses which no longer apply in this age of Grace. Believe whatever you want to.

But the Proverbs you quote Is new testament right? NO!

Cherry picking verses
Re: Why True Christians See Leah Sheribu As A Huge Source Of Inspiration by paxonel(m): 10:01am On Mar 25, 2018
Penalty82:

Pls stop sounding like a babe in in christianity how old was Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego when they did what sister Leah has done?.
Biko! grin
I'm not saying baby christians cannot be president Obama or Bill gate, I'm simply not blaming her for not using her intelligence in the situation because she is simply a child that's all
Re: Why True Christians See Leah Sheribu As A Huge Source Of Inspiration by Penalty82(m): 10:03am On Mar 25, 2018
paxonel:

Biko! grin
I'm not saying baby christians cannot be president Obama or Bill gate, I'm simply not blaming her for not using her intelligence in the situation because she is simply a child that's all

Stop calling her a child.
Re: Why True Christians See Leah Sheribu As A Huge Source Of Inspiration by alBHAGDADI: 10:03am On Mar 25, 2018
ollah2:

But the Proverbs you quote Is new testament right? NO!

Cherry picking verses
It is not a law. The ones you quoted are laws which were given by Moses. They have been set aside since the arrival of Jesus Christ.

Moses said an eye for an eye. Jesus said we should forgive those who offend us.

2 Likes

Re: Why True Christians See Leah Sheribu As A Huge Source Of Inspiration by paxonel(m): 10:04am On Mar 25, 2018
Elzends:

Finally, a sincere nairalander
✌️
Thanks a lot,

You see, few intelligent people will understand me, but the vast majority of Nigerian christians will never understand grin

1 Like

Re: Why True Christians See Leah Sheribu As A Huge Source Of Inspiration by emmxzy(m): 10:04am On Mar 25, 2018
paxonel:

then u r not a good christian and if u where one u are the weak one,i doubt if u go through the post at all
Re: Why True Christians See Leah Sheribu As A Huge Source Of Inspiration by talk2emma: 10:04am On Mar 25, 2018
paxonel:
how does this question in anyway relate to what we are saying?

You said the girl should have denied Christianity to get freedom and letter go back to Christianity... That's why I ask you that questions
Re: Why True Christians See Leah Sheribu As A Huge Source Of Inspiration by ollah2: 10:05am On Mar 25, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
It is not a law. The ones you quoted are laws which were given by Moses. They have been set aside since the arrival of Jesus Christ.

Moses said an eye for an eye. Jesus said we should forgive those who offend us.

Lol, continue exposing your folly.

A chapter is in the old Testament but it isn't a Law because it suits your narrative. I quoted another chapter which doesn't suit your narrative then it automatically becomes a Law.
Re: Why True Christians See Leah Sheribu As A Huge Source Of Inspiration by Penalty82(m): 10:05am On Mar 25, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

You mean the ten commandments should be ignored because they're in the old testament?
Re: Why True Christians See Leah Sheribu As A Huge Source Of Inspiration by Younghacka(m): 10:11am On Mar 25, 2018
paxonel:

[/b][quote author=Younghacka post=66137451][b][/ U Are A Bread And Butter Chistian. . .
Trying To Apply Earthly Wisdom To The Things Of God. . .
#NeitherHotNorCold
Repent

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Why You Should Remain A Virgin Till Marriage / Is It A Sin For A Christian To Fight Back As A Self Defense? / What Does The Bible Say About Intersex?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.