Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,089 members, 7,835,660 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:06 PM

Boy Who Failed JAMB Again Dies After Taking Rat Poison - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Boy Who Failed JAMB Again Dies After Taking Rat Poison (21278 Views)

Woman Who 'Killed Her Husband With Rat Poison' In Ebonyi, Paraded & Disgraced / Indian Man In Lagos ‘Swallows Rat Poison After Arrest For N116m Fraud’ / Newly Wedded Woman Injects Her Husband With Rat Poison(Graphic Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boy Who Failed JAMB Again Dies After Taking Rat Poison by ijustdey: 7:57am On Mar 25, 2018
Pressures to pass JAMB examination has forced a boy to commit suicide. He expressed this in a suicide note to his mum.

By Ayodele Johnson

A boy who failed to pass university entrance examination conducted by the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB), has committed suicide to ease pain.

The deceased reportedly gave in to pressures from his mum who had earlier given him an order to pass his papers but unfortunately he could not.

This motivated him to resort to taking rat poison having failed on another try.

A Facebook user, Klariza Ruby Ochei, shared the story in a post published on Friday, March 23, 2018.

"Gather around guys! My mom told me a true like story yesterday that pierce my bone.

"Her friend's son wrote jamb the first time, he did well but wasn't given admission. He wrote the next year and he wasn't given admission as well.

"He didn't give up, he wrote last Year and performed woefully, and his parents were angry with him.

"And his mom told him if he write again this year and doesn't do well, he shouldn't come back home. Because she has wasted a lot of money on him alone.

"The boy took jamb this year and unfortunately, his result was unpleasing. His parents were not at home. He told his friends(his neighbor) that he didn't do well. He told them what his mother told him.
This boy went into the house locked himself, wrote a letter to his mom that his mom has never gone through his note even when he attended tutorial.

"She is so busy with work and he took rat poison and died. And this boy is the only child of his mother.

"Please I beg of you parents never put fear in a child when it comes to academics.

"Even if he performed woefully he can learn a vocational trade and be successful. There are a lot of children who don't do well in classroom but in the room of vocational skills they are unbeatable.

"Besides there is always a room for change, You want your child to go far than you've gone then you shouldn't do it a Scarry way.

"Believe me I am a teenager too and I tell you parents IT'S NOT EASY!! If it's easy why didn't you get to that stage you want your child to be now during your own time??

"The funniest part is some parents don't have Time for their children. To go through their children books is like a big task. Then how would you know if his failure has been telling on him long before now??

"Please let's always encourage our children.. let's give them the support we can let's show them love n care as parents. No child is dull.

"It's either faults are from the parents or teachers. Parents spend quality time with your children I beg you," writes Ochei.

http://www.pulse.ng/gist/metro/boy-who-failed-jamb-again-dies-after-taking-rat-poison-id8159212.html

lalasticlala

4 Likes

Re: Boy Who Failed JAMB Again Dies After Taking Rat Poison by pyyxxaro: 8:09am On Mar 25, 2018
Make e go write the next jamb for hell fire he would def pass undecided

16 Likes

Re: Boy Who Failed JAMB Again Dies After Taking Rat Poison by Tiffbuxas: 8:28am On Mar 25, 2018
E go shock am wen e reach hell dem go give am seat pencil and paper oya write.....
U no pass no hell fire Valhalla tins

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boy Who Failed JAMB Again Dies After Taking Rat Poison by fran6co(m): 8:43am On Mar 25, 2018
PITIABLE situation.....the parents of that boy must hav exerted excessive pressure on him.

9 Likes

Re: Boy Who Failed JAMB Again Dies After Taking Rat Poison by jerryunit48: 9:38am On Mar 25, 2018
Parents should understand that not all children have the brain to study in schools but they are definitely blessed with other things and the parents should help the child to recognize and encourage it

12 Likes

Re: Boy Who Failed JAMB Again Dies After Taking Rat Poison by samchild(m): 10:52am On Mar 25, 2018
I hope the mother is happy now that she will not waste money again to buy jamb form

11 Likes

Re: Boy Who Failed JAMB Again Dies After Taking Rat Poison by paraklesis(m): 10:54am On Mar 25, 2018
Parents should take time to understand their children and not try to imput in them, their own unachieved dreams. Most people in different professions are trying to adjust to fulfilling the dreams their parents forced them to carry.
They should take time to know the interest of their children and try as much as possible in guidance and not enforcing.

Parents, you're not a dream enforcement agency.

8 Likes

Re: Boy Who Failed JAMB Again Dies After Taking Rat Poison by fk002: 11:29am On Mar 25, 2018
Children of nowadays are too emotional...

Let me catch anyone close to me kill himself because of fvcking jamb

Mtseww
Re: Boy Who Failed JAMB Again Dies After Taking Rat Poison by MILITO12345(m): 11:29am On Mar 25, 2018
Definitely non sensible even till death!!
As if you are automatically made when you graduate in nigeria.
if na visa dem deny am.i for dey pity am..mtchew

2 Likes

Re: Boy Who Failed JAMB Again Dies After Taking Rat Poison by sigiyaya(m): 11:30am On Mar 25, 2018
I blem people around him especially his family they must have tongue lashed him so much that he think that his a total failure and a disappointment to mankind. The failed to tell him that %95 of our graduate has no job, no future and no happiness, they also failed to tell him that so many people had made it in Nigeria and some didnt even write WAEC not to talk of JAMB.

I dont think the boy is aware that Buhari our president has no O level certificate while his vice is a professor undecided undecided undecided

14 Likes

Re: Boy Who Failed JAMB Again Dies After Taking Rat Poison by sotall(m): 11:30am On Mar 25, 2018
Ok
Re: Boy Who Failed JAMB Again Dies After Taking Rat Poison by onosprince(m): 11:31am On Mar 25, 2018
If only he knew that without passing jamb on earth, the gates of hell won't be opened till he writes another jamb.

2 Likes

Re: Boy Who Failed JAMB Again Dies After Taking Rat Poison by yesloaded: 11:31am On Mar 25, 2018
Wow! Too Bad

In other news, join our next importation business training where you will be shown how to import goods to Nigeria & sell very fast. Call/Whatsapp 0 8 1 3 7 7 5 0 7 4 1
Re: Boy Who Failed JAMB Again Dies After Taking Rat Poison by bjayx: 11:31am On Mar 25, 2018
Too much pressure...
After sch, no work..
Dead for nothing!
Told Ur child not to come back after failure, no wahala, she no go meet am for house again sef.
Re: Boy Who Failed JAMB Again Dies After Taking Rat Poison by Nobody: 11:31am On Mar 25, 2018
teenagers killing themselves because of mere jamb.. smh

1 Like

Re: Boy Who Failed JAMB Again Dies After Taking Rat Poison by BENARI: 11:31am On Mar 25, 2018
" EAT POISON"? shocked

That strikes a chord!!!

grin
Re: Boy Who Failed JAMB Again Dies After Taking Rat Poison by Nobody: 11:32am On Mar 25, 2018
*Woman Who Has Buried 7 Out Of Her 8 Children Laments In Abuja (See Photos) « Nairatrend Nigerian no1 entertainment base*

https://nairatrend.com.ng/woman-who-has-buried-7-out-of-her-8-children-laments-in-abuja-see-photos/

Read more interesting articles on http://nairatrend.com.ng
Re: Boy Who Failed JAMB Again Dies After Taking Rat Poison by BENARI: 11:32am On Mar 25, 2018
" RAT POISON"? shocked

That strikes a chord!!!

grin
Re: Boy Who Failed JAMB Again Dies After Taking Rat Poison by Mckandre(m): 11:32am On Mar 25, 2018
why do i ve the feeling that kid must be an AFONJA?

Afonjas and rat poison re like grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boy Who Failed JAMB Again Dies After Taking Rat Poison by 12345baba(m): 11:32am On Mar 25, 2018
fk002:
Children of nowadays are too emotional...

Let me catch anyone close to me kill himself because of fvcking jamb

Mtseww
na wetin too much indomie and cow processed milk dey cause

1 Like

Re: Boy Who Failed JAMB Again Dies After Taking Rat Poison by Sheuns(m): 11:33am On Mar 25, 2018
Some parents sef, I know what it feels like to be pressured on JAMB cos I wrote JAMB thrice and never gained admission not until I did UNILAG diploma. There are many options to get into the Uni, if your child fails JAMB, try something else or better still ask him what he wants to learn and enrol him. No be everybody head carry book. The mum will be in very sad state now.

6 Likes

Re: Boy Who Failed JAMB Again Dies After Taking Rat Poison by allanphash7(m): 11:34am On Mar 25, 2018
I wrote JAMB for about 6times before i passed in the year 2001

What would have warrant this decision now

Saynotosuicide

3 Likes

Re: Boy Who Failed JAMB Again Dies After Taking Rat Poison by kehinde1588(m): 11:34am On Mar 25, 2018
He killed himself for nothing. Wole shoyinka wrote WAEC and failed many times before he eventually passed. Today he is a well recognized man in the educational line world wide.

2 Likes

Re: Boy Who Failed JAMB Again Dies After Taking Rat Poison by stano2(m): 11:36am On Mar 25, 2018
RIP boy.
Op y u come the add onga and Maggi 4 d tory
Re: Boy Who Failed JAMB Again Dies After Taking Rat Poison by WAPKOSHCOMNG(m): 11:36am On Mar 25, 2018
cry
Re: Boy Who Failed JAMB Again Dies After Taking Rat Poison by ebig21(m): 11:37am On Mar 25, 2018
what a pity, may his soul rest in peace,the unnecessary pressure people go through because of education is bad,

check my signature
Re: Boy Who Failed JAMB Again Dies After Taking Rat Poison by OboOlora(f): 11:37am On Mar 25, 2018
Foolish human being!

Let him go and gain admission in hell

Re: Boy Who Failed JAMB Again Dies After Taking Rat Poison by Nobody: 11:38am On Mar 25, 2018
I think failed Jamb like 2 times, but at the end of the day, after graduating from university where's the job sef ? RIP sha

1 Like

Re: Boy Who Failed JAMB Again Dies After Taking Rat Poison by pansophist(m): 11:41am On Mar 25, 2018
I imagined that pressure from parents and society that sees success only from the prism of academic qualification has pushed this young man to self-immolate.

Rest in peace young man.

1 Like

Re: Boy Who Failed JAMB Again Dies After Taking Rat Poison by olamil34(m): 11:46am On Mar 25, 2018
pyyxxaro:
Make e go write the next jamb for hell fire he would def pass undecided

U talk like a qualified idiot.

Weldone sir.

3 Likes

Re: Boy Who Failed JAMB Again Dies After Taking Rat Poison by Nobody: 11:52am On Mar 25, 2018
Rat poison?

Same way ojucrook died.

OSU people are just cowards

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Banker Kills LASTMA Official In Lagos / RCCG Pastors Accused By Muslim Son-In-Law Of Aborting His Child & Harassing Him! / 14 Men Arrested For Kidnapping Crown Polytechnic Student In Ekiti (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.