Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,380 members, 7,861,047 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:05 PM

Boy Who Failed JAMB Again Dies After Taking Rat Poison - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Boy Who Failed JAMB Again Dies After Taking Rat Poison (21289 Views)

Woman Who 'Killed Her Husband With Rat Poison' In Ebonyi, Paraded & Disgraced / Indian Man In Lagos ‘Swallows Rat Poison After Arrest For N116m Fraud’ / Newly Wedded Woman Injects Her Husband With Rat Poison(Graphic Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boy Who Failed JAMB Again Dies After Taking Rat Poison by airlord2020: 11:53am On Mar 25, 2018
All these are due to undue pressure from parents.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s86HnJbp2qs

2 Likes

Re: Boy Who Failed JAMB Again Dies After Taking Rat Poison by Nobody: 12:04pm On Mar 25, 2018
Back in the days, men they write jamb 6 times all in the name of trying to read a particular course without losing hope. These ones fail jamb just once and they are killing themselves already. #toomuchmovie

1 Like

Re: Boy Who Failed JAMB Again Dies After Taking Rat Poison by bopm: 12:08pm On Mar 25, 2018
if only the various stupid govt we have had over the years improved on vocational skills and even made it competitive and rewarding if not more Dan the regular university system. its well with this false called Nigeria where everything has gone wrong
Re: Boy Who Failed JAMB Again Dies After Taking Rat Poison by emmanuelpopson(m): 12:10pm On Mar 25, 2018
very sad indeed..the only son and now dead to mere paper certificate that may not be useful later on...if only the boy had confided in a family or friend... this couldn't have happened...
jamb isn't a sure road to success...he could have learn a professional course, technical study, vocational training etc and be alive to run his race to success...

RIP

1 Like

Re: Boy Who Failed JAMB Again Dies After Taking Rat Poison by Humble360(m): 12:11pm On Mar 25, 2018
Na jamb and d guy parent 9 cause am ooo but Who suicide help self. God Forbid
Re: Boy Who Failed JAMB Again Dies After Taking Rat Poison by obailala(m): 12:12pm On Mar 25, 2018
Sad story!

There's nothing as bad as trying one's utmost best but still not being able to achieve the coveted price; it's even worse when those around cannot just understand when a person has stretched themselves to their elastic limit but still go ahead to destructively blast the person and kill their spirits and will to live.

Looking at this story from another angle, the boy is probably a victim of the rotten system we have in Nigeria which rewards mediocrity and discourages hard work; the story says the boy passed JAMB in his first 2 attempts but couldn't get any admission most probably due to the senseless quota system of admission which we still practice in Nigeria. Anyway, now the boy is gone, I hope the mother and other parents out there have learnt a lesson from this; we need to be sympathetic to the emotional trials of others.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Boy Who Failed JAMB Again Dies After Taking Rat Poison by Pinkyposh(f): 12:22pm On Mar 25, 2018
Children of these days......too quick to act
An uncle of mine wrote Jamb for 8 good years, my sister wrote hers for 5years, she is in year 1 now.....why not try to believe God and pray that one day He will remember you
Parents please your children needs your encouragement, no matter how bad they do in exams does not mean they don't know anything..... Intelligency cannot only be accessed through tests and exams. Please don't condem them angry sad sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Boy Who Failed JAMB Again Dies After Taking Rat Poison by Originalsly: 12:25pm On Mar 25, 2018
This is like forcing a cat to bark. After trying 3 times... common sense should've kicked in and let the mother know university is not for her son. The son in turn..... I guess suicide would've been the solution since life is full of challenges and disappointments..... everyday is a form of JAMB.... we pass some and fail some... and keep it moving...life goes on. This one ...first obstacle in life.... chose rat poison... rat poison as a way out. Life is always...always worth living.
Re: Boy Who Failed JAMB Again Dies After Taking Rat Poison by greenprince(m): 12:31pm On Mar 25, 2018
fk002:
Children of nowadays are too emotional...

Let me catch anyone close to me kill himself because of fvcking jamb

Mtseww

Don't judge if you haven't been there. Wasn't funny for me having to see people I could tutor back in secondary school flaunting various pictures of uni in my face when I know even the certificates they used to get there was earned on various levels of malpractice and of course connections. I'm in a far better place now but bro, it wasn't funny for me then.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boy Who Failed JAMB Again Dies After Taking Rat Poison by fk002: 12:35pm On Mar 25, 2018
greenprince:

Don't judge if you haven't been there. Wasn't funny for me having to see people I could tutor back in secondary school flaunting various pictures of uni in my face when I know even the certificates they used to get there was earned on various levels of malpractice and of course connections. I'm in a far better place now but bro, it wasn't funny for me then.

Eyya sorry...
Re: Boy Who Failed JAMB Again Dies After Taking Rat Poison by OGHENAOGIE(m): 12:40pm On Mar 25, 2018
kehinde1588:
He killed himself for nothing. Wole shoyinka wrote WAEC and failed many times before he eventually passed. Today he is a well recognized man in the educational line world wide.
sharap not true wole was brilliant make ina no de carry all this lies about
Re: Boy Who Failed JAMB Again Dies After Taking Rat Poison by obailala(m): 1:11pm On Mar 25, 2018
Pinkyposh:
Children of these days......too quick to act
An uncle of mine wrote Jamb for 8 good years, my sister wrote hers for 5years, she is in year 1 now
.....why not try to believe God and pray that one day He will remember you
Parents please your children needs your encouragement, no matter how bad they do in exams does not mean they don't know anything..... Intelligency cannot only be accessed through tests and exams. Please don't condem them angry sad sad
Something we all need to to learn is that just as all fingers aren't equal, so also is the ability of each individual to withstand depression different. That Mr A was able to struggle and persevere for 5 years or 8 attempts before getting an admission, that isn't an assurance that Mr B will be able to withstand the same depression. Something else I realised about this story is that the boy is a victim of the horrible quota system we practice in Nigeria cos the boy was said to actually get a good score in his first 2 attempts but couldn't get admitted. Such a sad end!

4 Likes

Re: Boy Who Failed JAMB Again Dies After Taking Rat Poison by Nobody: 1:15pm On Mar 25, 2018
myopic parent!... most successful people ain't even graduates!
I'll proudly nurture my son into a Ronaldo, Messi, Bruno Mars, etc IF education fails.

1 Like

Re: Boy Who Failed JAMB Again Dies After Taking Rat Poison by Skepticus: 1:17pm On Mar 25, 2018
obailala:
Something we all need to to learn is that just as all fingers aren't equal, so also is the ability of each individual to withstand depression different. That Mr A was able to struggle and persevere for 5 years or 8 attempts before getting an admission, that isn't an assurance that Mr B will be able to withstand the same depression. Something else I realised about this story is that the boy is a victim of the horrible quota system we practice in Nigeria cos the boy was said to actually get a good score in his first 2 attempts but couldn't get admitted. Such a sad end!

You are smart.

All these ignorant cretins criticizing the kid for taking one of the toughest decision (suicide) would do nothing to help this kid under pressure.

Our threshold for pain and withstanding stress are different.

I hope the mother feels better now sending the boy to the world beyond.

A lot of parents in Nigeria are pure shit!!!

1 Like

Re: Boy Who Failed JAMB Again Dies After Taking Rat Poison by DateMynd44(m): 1:19pm On Mar 25, 2018
Tiffbuxas:
E go shock am wen e reach hell dem go give am seat pencil and paper oya write.....
U no pass no hell fire Valhalla tins
the boy go too small for hell ni
Re: Boy Who Failed JAMB Again Dies After Taking Rat Poison by coolcacuz: 1:20pm On Mar 25, 2018
This guy no try the problem is not passing jamb rather it is getting admitted into the university
Re: Boy Who Failed JAMB Again Dies After Taking Rat Poison by DateMynd44(m): 1:21pm On Mar 25, 2018
Mckandre:
why do i ve the feeling that kid must be an AFONJA?

Afonjas and rat poison re like grin
legacies of awolowo ;d
Re: Boy Who Failed JAMB Again Dies After Taking Rat Poison by Nobody: 1:22pm On Mar 25, 2018
ijustdey:

Pressures to pass JAMB examination has forced a boy to commit suicide. He expressed this in a suicide note to his mum.

http://www.pulse.ng/gist/metro/boy-who-failed-jamb-again-dies-after-taking-rat-poison-id8159212.html

eyya many rich nigerian no even attempt jamb .....aa rano with 200 trucks or tuface ...
Re: Boy Who Failed JAMB Again Dies After Taking Rat Poison by NairaMaster1(m): 1:35pm On Mar 25, 2018
You are blaming parents? Let's blame ourselves also. We destroy Poly, NOUN, COE here on nairaland so NO UNI NO LIFE
RIPP.
Re: Boy Who Failed JAMB Again Dies After Taking Rat Poison by geezynoni: 1:49pm On Mar 25, 2018
Crazy....
I remember when i was experiencing a similar situation,my case was waec,my mum used to yab me anyhow but i didn't give a Bleep.I eventually won.
Re: Boy Who Failed JAMB Again Dies After Taking Rat Poison by kinkybunny(f): 2:24pm On Mar 25, 2018
OboOlora:
Foolish human being!

Let him go and gain admission in hell
people that use meme wrongly are liable to die young

1 Like

Re: Boy Who Failed JAMB Again Dies After Taking Rat Poison by Tiffbuxas: 2:35pm On Mar 25, 2018
DateMynd44:
the boy go too small for hell ni
yes ooo.. Buh d boy get mind pass me ooo... I try commit suicide d tin no work for me joh so I gave up.... I guess all fingers are nt equal some people re just gifted wif suicide as others are blessed with money or intelligence or big plantains... D list goes on

1 Like

Re: Boy Who Failed JAMB Again Dies After Taking Rat Poison by Ken4Christ: 2:59pm On Mar 25, 2018
Poor performance is caused by the system of education. When you promote students even when they fail, how do they expect to pass external examination. Don't run faster than your shadow.
Re: Boy Who Failed JAMB Again Dies After Taking Rat Poison by elRamani(m): 7:43pm On Mar 25, 2018
dz one is just mad

nothing justifies you taking ur own life

i wrote jamb 5tyms nd i wuz prepared to sit for more if i didn't gain a university admission

my sec sch mates are aiidy serving, some ar even done

my dad practically disowned me

d bottom line is neva give up on urself even if ur family does

gaskiya

1 Like

Re: Boy Who Failed JAMB Again Dies After Taking Rat Poison by 9ja083: 7:57pm On Mar 25, 2018
This world na. F in some areas. I swear. Some ppl graduated with good result yet no good job as a result, some of them have to start afresh by learning trade and they are doing well.
I know a boy who dropped out of school because 5 of his elder siblings that graduated with good result are either teaching in primary school or have no job at all. Such is life.
Re: Boy Who Failed JAMB Again Dies After Taking Rat Poison by CioAngels(f): 8:41pm On Mar 25, 2018
Parent including me for reading only, push their children unnecessarily, pass with flying colors, when it comes to marriage you must bring man/girl from anywhere, you must marry at parents time. What is this woman's gain now nothing. Should we learn from this? No, we wont. Mine was, "you must read as if books/reading was going out of circulation"
Re: Boy Who Failed JAMB Again Dies After Taking Rat Poison by Temidayo698(m): 11:02am On Mar 27, 2018
Chai! This JAMB thing sha! There are 1.5 million ways to gain admission and study what you want to study. Is not by force that you will have to die in school every day for 4 years in the name of fulltime. Even the outdated courses and style of teaching is enough to make someone unemployable in this country.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Two Children, Aged 3 And 4 Tortured And Starved By Their Aunt In Edo (photos) / Herbalist Arrested For Impregnating Woman In Kano / 10 Youths Killed In Edo Cult War

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.