Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,223 members, 7,953,857 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 07:52 AM

Stories That Touch: The Tragedy Of A Blind Damsel (part 1) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Stories That Touch: The Tragedy Of A Blind Damsel (part 1) (652 Views)

Stories That Touch The Spot / Achebe’s "Things Fall Apart" Named In Bbc’s 100 Stories That Shaped The World / Stories That Touch (short Stories) By Aniekan Andikan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Stories That Touch: The Tragedy Of A Blind Damsel (part 1) by Yoclan: 5:56pm On Mar 25, 2018
STORIES THAT TOUCH: THE TRAGEDY OF A BLIND DAMSEL (PART 1)

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

INTRODUCTION: One could begin with humility, love and the reward therein. One might even begin to hate the world where vanity and lust swallow men like as lion swallow its prey. But Cindy did not notice these - instead she acted in ignorance, oblivious to nature. This is a very interesting story that will surely change your life at the end.

Episode 1 - The Birth Of A Blind Girl

A couple had a female child. She was so beautiful that everyone admired her. She is the real definition of what anyone may call pretty.
Her beauty made many people (especially newly married couples who were still making babies) to became victims of envy and jealousy.

NARRATOR: I have never seen any child as beautiful as she. In fact, I would have given a different definition of beauty if not that I took a record of this story.

Then, something very unfortunate happened. It came to their realisation that the child was blind.

"Am very sure that blindness is not in my blood or that of my siblings" Mr obi (The child's father) stated while lamenting.

After some time, the little child was given a name according to their tradition - CINDY.

Episode 2 - CINDY STRIVES TO EARN A LIVING

NARRATOR: Cindy's parents made me think of that quote which says thus:
Life is difficult for everyone; everyone has bad days. Everyone has trouble in their life, because it doesn't matter how rich you are: Sickness and trouble and worry and love, these things will mess with you at every level of life. - Domhnall Gleeson

As Cindy was growing up, her parents were getting tired of her. They sees her to be a burden.

So, they (the parents) decided to teach her the way of life. In order for her to cater for her needs.
They taught her to beg by the road side.

Cindy Started Begging at Six (6 years old).

Cindy adapted the attitude of crying loud out whenever she perceived that people were passing by .

NARRATOR: Cindy's attitude reminds me of BLIND BARTIMAOUS whom Jesus healed in the bible - MARK 10:46 .

Cyndy had to beg everyday in order to survive. Sometimes she would have to cry to attract the attention of people passing by.

Despite all these, no one would think of helping the poor girl. They (people) had preferred to give her tokens than to take her to their homes or even offer any manner of help.

Episode 3 - ANOTHER MYSTERY BEGINS

At the same time, there was another mystery happening in the other part of the world.

A couple had a son. He was very ugly , to the extent that he was hated by everyone who sees him. His ugliness could even make a person lose his appetite.

NARRATOR: Shall I compare him to the world's ugliest man? Of course NO! He is worst.

Shall I compare him to a monster? Almost NO! He is even worst.

To what then shall I compare him? I have never seen any child as ugly as he. In fact, I would have given a different definition of ugliness if not that I took a record of his own part of the story.

Everyone hated Kito (the ugly child). But something very unfortunate happened; His parents died.

Then, Kito was rejected by both his family and the people surrounding him. Even though he was very young. He became an outcast and then went into the forest.......

TO BE CONTINUED..............

Other Stories by The Same Writer:

1.) => https://www.nairaland.com/4415227/story-two-brothers-pathway-success

2.)
https://www.nairaland.com/4405648/shocking-story-what-sow-what

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Re: Stories That Touch: The Tragedy Of A Blind Damsel (part 1) by Yoclan: 5:57pm On Mar 25, 2018
Cc:lalasticlala
Re: Stories That Touch: The Tragedy Of A Blind Damsel (part 1) by Yoclan: 9:28pm On Mar 25, 2018
Admin Cc:lalasticlala I just finish writing dis story ..... Encourage me to write part 2 la

(1) (Reply)

You Must Marry Me O"ceece Told Tobi(joke) / Tears Of A Nigerian Heart / Game Content Writer Needed Asap

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.