Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,266 members, 7,811,760 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:05 PM

Toyota Showcases A 2016 Camry Assembled From Plastic Building Blocks - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Toyota Showcases A 2016 Camry Assembled From Plastic Building Blocks (19507 Views)

All The New Nord A5 We Assembled Was Sold In Two Days - CEO, Oluwatobi Ajayi / Hyundai Kona: Nigeria Unveils First Locally-Assembled Electric Car (Photos) / Honda Launches First Unit Of HR-V Assembled In Nigeria - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Toyota Showcases A 2016 Camry Assembled From Plastic Building Blocks by AutoJoshNIG: 12:24pm On Mar 26, 2018
Automaker, Toyota, showcased a new standard-size Toyota Camry in Melbourne, Australia.

What is unique about this particular Camry is that it was manufactured using over 500, 000 Lego bricks.

Lego is a construction toy consisting of interlocking plastic building blocks.

To assemble this Camry, over 900 hours in the course of 8 weeks was spent. This duration is about 40 times the time it takes Toyota to assemble only one example car. That is from welding to painting to final inspection.

This Lego-made Camry weighs approximately 2 tons. That is about 0.4 tons more than the actual car. The car also has some cool gadgets such as functional indicator and brake lights, headlights, Toyota logos on its alloy wheels, etc.

This Lego bricks-made Camry was designed by Ryan ‘The Brickman’ McNaught, a Lego certified professional, the only one in the southern hemisphere and one of 14 worldwide.

The Lego-made Camry is being showcased at the ongoing Melbourne Museum Plaza, at the Brickman Awesome exhibition, Melbourne, Australia.

Source:

https://autojosh.com/perhaps-the-cheapest-camry-ever-produced/

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Toyota Showcases A 2016 Camry Assembled From Plastic Building Blocks by lilkech(m): 12:42pm On Mar 26, 2018
wow! awesome

I remember when I used to play with LEGO toys with my friends back then. We made cool stuff and it felt so competitive. We used to fly kites to know whose went the highest, make battery powered toy cars with 4wheel drive to climb steep hills in races with cassette player rotors, rubber bands and Dunlop slippers, build toy guns that used matches carbide as gunpowder to shoot dangerous projectiles etc while the ladies played their usual ten-ten, suwe, etc

Today’s kids can’t even play ... give them any chance and they immediately run to watch nikolodeon and Cartoon Network on tv. Leave them outside with their friends and they start to fight and cry, no innovative spirit to do things together anymore. Even in school during their break time they don’t play ‘catcher’ and ‘police and thief’ anymore

our future generations must get it right

61 Likes 1 Share

Re: Toyota Showcases A 2016 Camry Assembled From Plastic Building Blocks by Benjom(m): 1:21pm On Mar 26, 2018
When ideas jam too much money cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Toyota Showcases A 2016 Camry Assembled From Plastic Building Blocks by miteolu(m): 6:14am On Mar 27, 2018
Turn shit to Toyota car their fans will buy. They don't have choice.

1 Like

Re: Toyota Showcases A 2016 Camry Assembled From Plastic Building Blocks by directonpc(m): 7:04am On Mar 27, 2018
Oyinbo and creativity!it's time we start looking for genuine Nigeria creativity and hype it.
Re: Toyota Showcases A 2016 Camry Assembled From Plastic Building Blocks by MustiizRaja(m): 7:05am On Mar 27, 2018
this is actually nice
Re: Toyota Showcases A 2016 Camry Assembled From Plastic Building Blocks by everlymoore86(m): 7:07am On Mar 27, 2018
Oyibo and inventions, pls when do we start supporting innoson ?
Re: Toyota Showcases A 2016 Camry Assembled From Plastic Building Blocks by inoki247: 7:08am On Mar 27, 2018
Yahoo boys cars available for una...
Re: Toyota Showcases A 2016 Camry Assembled From Plastic Building Blocks by talk2rotman(m): 7:09am On Mar 27, 2018
God...it's time to bless my hustle....
Re: Toyota Showcases A 2016 Camry Assembled From Plastic Building Blocks by Teeboi56: 7:12am On Mar 27, 2018
lilkech:
wow! awesome

I remember when I used to play with LEGO toys with my friends back then. We made cool stuff and it felt so competitive. We used to fly kites to know whose went the highest, make battery powered toy cars with 4wheel drive to climb steep hills in races with cassette player rotors, rubber bands and Dunlop slippers, build toy guns that used matches carbide as gunpowder to shoot dangerous projectiles etc while the ladies played their usual ten-ten, suwe, etc

Today’s kids can’t even play ... give them any chance and they immediately run to watch nikolodeon and Cartoon Network on tv. Leave them outside with their friends and they start to fight and cry, no innovative spirit to do things together anymore. Even in school during their break time they don’t play ‘catcher’ and ‘police and thief’ anymore

Those days was awesome I swear

4 Likes

Re: Toyota Showcases A 2016 Camry Assembled From Plastic Building Blocks by Flaghouse1: 7:21am On Mar 27, 2018
lilkech:
wow! awesome

Chief you be old man oooo!!!,just like us grin grin cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Toyota Showcases A 2016 Camry Assembled From Plastic Building Blocks by maxiuc(m): 7:32am On Mar 27, 2018
lilkech:
wow! awesome

Guy you play wella children this days don't even look to that side anymore

3 Likes

Re: Toyota Showcases A 2016 Camry Assembled From Plastic Building Blocks by Buffalowings3(m): 7:46am On Mar 27, 2018
lilkech:
wow! awesome

See this one
This one na ajebo
Lego wetin
Na the other things we you mention we dey do

1 Like

Re: Toyota Showcases A 2016 Camry Assembled From Plastic Building Blocks by maskamdo(m): 8:20am On Mar 27, 2018
It doesn't have wipers sef!!!
Re: Toyota Showcases A 2016 Camry Assembled From Plastic Building Blocks by Bsideboi(m): 8:26am On Mar 27, 2018
I still prefer the design of the older camrys.

1 Like

Re: Toyota Showcases A 2016 Camry Assembled From Plastic Building Blocks by Kasuree: 8:54am On Mar 27, 2018
MustiizRaja:
this is actually nice
Re: Toyota Showcases A 2016 Camry Assembled From Plastic Building Blocks by nonix22(m): 8:55am On Mar 27, 2018
Ur head dey there bro
Bsideboi:
Re: Toyota Showcases A 2016 Camry Assembled From Plastic Building Blocks by Nobody: 9:10am On Mar 27, 2018
lilkech:
wow! awesome

I remember when I used to play with LEGO toys

Today’s kids can’t even play ... give them any chance and they immediately run to watch nikolodeon and Cartoon Network on tv. Leave them outside with their friends and they start to fight and cry, no innovative spirit to do things together anymore. Even in school during their break time they don’t play ‘catcher’ and ‘police and thief’ anymore.

your observation is very much true , i remember everything had a season,, a time for kite to time for toofan .. grinded rounded counters with sags thread ,,to rubbers ,,i ended puttin so many rubbers in mama's stove ,, making air planes with paper ,, so many childish tins my generation did,,lol .we had no 24hrs tv channels,,no phones,, having lego n my bible story comic was a big deal,,
but children of now adays are technology driven ,,right from there conscious state they sync with whatever technology they find round ... a boy of 4yrs will operate ur gadgets to ur surprise ,,we must give it to they are more smarter n fast learners. engage kids of nowadays in conversation they will 'wow' you .

2 Likes

Re: Toyota Showcases A 2016 Camry Assembled From Plastic Building Blocks by Nobody: 9:18am On Mar 27, 2018
Too much time...
Re: Toyota Showcases A 2016 Camry Assembled From Plastic Building Blocks by 400billionman: 9:29am On Mar 27, 2018
Bsideboi:
2003 camry precisely
Re: Toyota Showcases A 2016 Camry Assembled From Plastic Building Blocks by Nwaohafia1: 10:48am On Mar 27, 2018
lilkech:
wow! awesome

The annoying thing is...most of these private schools we pay exorbitant fees do not even have a playing field any longer. Just one small playground they put trampoline and ballon castle(or whatever they call it). I played well. My childhood was awesome
Re: Toyota Showcases A 2016 Camry Assembled From Plastic Building Blocks by Richdad50(m): 11:26am On Mar 27, 2018
lilkech:
wow! awesome

BUT YOU VOTED BUHARI
Re: Toyota Showcases A 2016 Camry Assembled From Plastic Building Blocks by Nobody: 12:00pm On Mar 27, 2018
lilkech:
wow! awesome

You are even talking of Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network? Kids of nowadays are upgrading to African Magic
Re: Toyota Showcases A 2016 Camry Assembled From Plastic Building Blocks by HoodBillionaire: 12:28pm On Mar 27, 2018
u don mature pass like dis na
Lat1tudeO2:
Pls if you know anybody who wants to sell his or her car, any model & any colour, with AC and you are sure it's in perfect working condition & valid papers, with price around 2.5 or 3 million, as long as the engine is not weak yet, please let the person sell it,it's none of my business.
Re: Toyota Showcases A 2016 Camry Assembled From Plastic Building Blocks by SureDan2000(m): 1:47pm On Mar 27, 2018
7 Things you must know before you clock 40
http://rapidteria.com/51eD

(1) (Reply)

Does It Matter If A Used Car Was Used By A Woman? / Iranian Engineers Unveil Carbon Copy Lamborghini Murcielago SV Sportscar / Video Of A Dad Teaching His 3year Old Daughter How To Drive Wow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.