Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,546 members, 7,840,300 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 08:41 PM

My Friend Wants To End His 2years Engagement - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Friend Wants To End His 2years Engagement (689 Views)

My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years / A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? / "No Sex With My Husband For Almost 2years, Can I Have An Affair?" - Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Friend Wants To End His 2years Engagement by TheWiX(m): 1:09pm On Mar 26, 2018
So I have this friend who told me over the weekend that he wants to break up with his fiancee because she can't help herself.

He said it all started when they started dating, she didn't make all her papers in ssce yet he loved her and wanted to help her make something out of her self regardless of her condition. So she told him she wanted to start selling recharge cards, he gave her mini laptop, printer and some money to get started. Eventually, the business ended nothing came out of it.

He later got a better job and again suggested she should start a poultry business, gave her money over 200K to start and was still funding the business with about 5K each month to keep it going. The first set did well but she never told him how much she recovered but the second set she is now complaining that the birds are dying and that she doesn't want to do poultry again that she wants to go into snail business.

Now, my friend is pissed that why can't she make anything out of what he has done for her to carry her along, and has decided to call off the wedding plans because he doesn't see her as someone that can take care of his home.

So who else thinks the problem is not with her or does she truly have a problem?
Re: My Friend Wants To End His 2years Engagement by internetpo(m): 2:40pm On Mar 26, 2018
I will advice your friend to give it one more try.

Running a business in Nigeria is not an easy feat. Its a hellish..unyielding experience.

let him ask her to start the snail bizness on the side, on a smaller scale then as it grow she can scrap out
the poultry totally and focus on the snail (hope snail biz is mor eprofitable)

He should also help her with a business plan and send her on trainings on how to run a business.
Love is patient and long suffering. He should remember he you fell in love with her, help her with her seemingly weakness..

My 2cents advice.

1 Like

Re: My Friend Wants To End His 2years Engagement by tayo60(f): 7:05pm On Mar 26, 2018
Dt type of lady is lazy and doesn't want to do anything. After she ruined two businesses and d poster above me suggested third chance? How about those ladies that have nobody to support them and are making progress in whatever they do? If she is a serious type, she would av managed d businesses well and be productive. She wants to be sitting down at home, to be fed and produce babies. In this Nigeria? Even ssce,she no get. Let ur friend drop her sorry ass and look 4 a productive lady that will multiply whatever your friend gives her for business.
Re: My Friend Wants To End His 2years Engagement by Nsiehi: 7:09pm On Mar 26, 2018
From your description, it seems that the failure may continue until you have done the right things first. Jumping into businesses you have little or no knowledge of is a recipe for business failure. Did you send her for any training before opening those businesses for her? Did you do any risk or SWOT analysis before jumping into those businesses. Setting up a business requires courage, discipline, capital and most importantly, a good knowledge of that business. Send her for apprenticeship before opening the next business for her. I do not think she is lazy, just that failure can get someone frustrated.
Re: My Friend Wants To End His 2years Engagement by MrBottle: 1:19am On Mar 27, 2018
I don't know how it relates to taking care of home.
Let her attend a university part time program by the side at least she will have a fall back when the business implodes.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Fani-kayode’s Thank God For Wife Safe Delivery Of Triplet / Insecurities As An Only Child / Urgent Help Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.