Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,851 members, 7,813,901 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:02 PM

A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? (61113 Views)

I Told My Wife Not To Kiss My 6-Month-Old Son On The Mouth: Am I Wrong? / Boy Fights With His Father In Abia For Not Giving Him Money For Food / My Wife Wants Me To Beg For Intercourse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by izospindle(m): 10:43am On Jan 23, 2020
A Friend Wanted Me To Lend Him Money I Told Him This. Am I Wrong?

So a friend of mine told me that his girlfriend is about to lose her admission, because school fee deadline is tomorrow. He asked me to lend him 70k.

I know how he loves this girl so I asked him to fill a form before I give him the money. Am I wrong for doing that?

He started saying a whole lot of things and has not spoken to me since. Note this is half of all my savings and I have a purpose for this particular fund just that the time has not come.

Advice is needed please

246 Likes 16 Shares

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by Davash222(m): 10:48am On Jan 23, 2020
The foolish girl no get parents
You’re even a bad friend for trying to borrow your friend money to pay for a ‘girlfriend’ school fees.
Shame on you both!! You and your friend should use that money and buy sense!

1428 Likes 114 Shares

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by SpyAC(m): 10:48am On Jan 23, 2020
Run for ur life oooo

144 Likes 8 Shares

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by Nobody: 10:49am On Jan 23, 2020
One of the unspoken rules of life is that never you lend money to a friend or family member that you cannot afford to lose or that will cause you great financial discomfort

BTW sef, him collecting the money to pay for his girlfriend's education is not an investment that will yield financial return now so how is he planning to pay you back.

If he have intention of paying back then why Is he angry that you are going to document the transaction. Red flag!!

I pray my brothers will not be this foolîsh like your friend

771 Likes 40 Shares

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by izospindle(m): 10:50am On Jan 23, 2020
Davash222:
She has Mon and elder sister don't know about the dad

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by donstan18: 10:52am On Jan 23, 2020
May we never encounter any friend that we wanna see us go broke because of his/her relationship's problems.

For you to even ask him to fill form shows he's not a trusted friend. Keep your money safe and keep hustling, make him wey dey do relationship suffer the bad side of it.

324 Likes 21 Shares

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by Davash222(m): 10:52am On Jan 23, 2020
izospindle:

She has Mon and elder sister don't know about the dad
Let her go and meet her mum and elder sister! Paying for a girlfriend’s school fees is investment of no returns.

277 Likes 12 Shares

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by Nobody: 10:55am On Jan 23, 2020
Davash222:
You’re even a bad friend for trying to borrow your friend money to pay for a ‘girlfriend’ school fees.
This one you dey para like this, you don borrow money before pay girl school fees she come dump you grin

244 Likes 8 Shares

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by Davash222(m): 11:01am On Jan 23, 2020
virgoquin:
This one you dey para like this, you don borrow money before pay girl school fees she come dump you grin
Me?? When I’m not mad.
I’m only vexed on stupidity of some men. Imagine borrowing money to pay for a girlfriend’s school fees. A girl that won’t think twice before fuccking his friend sef.

285 Likes 17 Shares

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by Anonymous29: 11:08am On Jan 23, 2020
Borrow him 70k from your own savings? Some people are plain wicked. Let him keep malice but you keep your money!!!

334 Likes 19 Shares

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by Nobody: 11:11am On Jan 23, 2020
Davash222:

Me?? When I’m not mad.
I’m only vexed on stupidity of some men. Imagine borrowing money to pay for a girlfriend’s school fees. A girl that won’t think twice before fuccking his friend sef.
If the friend even has his own money and he wants to assist her I don't see any problem with it, but him going out to borrow money to fund her education is the height of foolishness and stupidity.

He type fit kill himself if the girl say she no wan do again cheesy cheesy

Now I know why some men dey kill thierself along with the girl they train for school if she wan try to leave the relationship. Imagine the sacrifices uncle must have made.

108 Likes 4 Shares

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by Davash222(m): 11:19am On Jan 23, 2020
virgoquin:
If the friend even has his own money and he wants to assist her I don't see any problem with it, but he going out to borrow money to fund her education is the height of foolishness and stupidity.

He type fit kill himself if the girl say she no wan do again cheesy cheesy

Now I know why some men dey kill thierself along with the girl they train for school if she wan try to leave the relationship. Imagine the sacrifices uncle must have made.

That uncle is well packaged fool!

70k wey e suppose use buy 3 weeks old Broilers dey train, na em e wan use dey train one local fowl for school.

275 Likes 16 Shares

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by imiski(m): 11:24am On Jan 23, 2020
virgoquin:
One of the unspoken rules of life is that never you lend money to a friend or family member that you cannot afford to lose or that will cause you great financial discomfort

BTW sef, him collecting the money to pay for his girlfriend's education is not an investment that will yield financial return now so how is he planning to pay you back.

If he have intention of paying back then why Is he angry that you are going to document the transaction. Red flag!!

"Richest Man in Babylon". Best book on wealth ever written.

96 Likes 9 Shares

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by Nobody: 12:01pm On Jan 23, 2020
Davash222:
. How is he a bad friend? Cos he wants to help a friend who is in need?

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by We4all: 12:07pm On Jan 23, 2020
virgoquin:

never you lend money to a friend or family member that you cannot afford to lose or that will cause you great financial discomfort

And never you ask for a loan from a friend or family member when your condition becomes critical and the future looks bleak. When you become broke and in need of cash, approach a stranger then.

By the way, if you really can afford to lose the money, then why lend it? Why don't you just assist selflessly?

Do you think those who end up committing suicide because they couldn't afford to pay their debts, do it for the fun of it?

While there are bad debtors, there are those who genuinely cannot afford to pay back due to uncontrolled circumstances. And it is only human to write off such debts.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by Sanchez01: 12:17pm On Jan 23, 2020
We4all:

never you lend money to a friend or family member that you cannot afford to lose or that will cause you great financial discomfort

And never you ask for a loan from a friend or family member when your condition becomes critical and the future looks bleak. When you become broke and in need of cash, approach a stranger then.

By the way, if you really can afford to lose the money, then why lend it? Why don't you just assist selflessly?

Do you think those who end up committing suicide because they couldn't afford to pay their debts, do it for the fun of it?

While there are bad debtors, there are those who genuinely cannot afford to pay back due to uncontrolled circumstances. And it is only human to write off such debts.

What she stated is nothing but the Gospel truth. Relationships have been ruined just because a close friend borrowed money and couldn't pay back.

Whether or not the person is dying the next minute or not is one thing but humans have proven to be the same over the years. Act like you are on the verge of dying, run around and take advantage of the goodwill of others then become comfortable and claim you don't have the money when the person comes calling.

My personal experiences in this area alone has taught me a lot. The friendship today is no more and the money remains unreturned. You can lend to anyone but the line should be drawn the moment it becomes something you can't afford to part with.

51 Likes 4 Shares

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by We4all: 12:24pm On Jan 23, 2020
izospindle:
So friend of mine told me that his girlfriend is about to lose her admission, Because school fee deadline is tomorrow. He asked me to borrow him 70k. I know how he loves ths girl so I asked him to fill form before I give him the money. am I wrong for doing that. He started saying a whole lot of things and has not spoking to me since. Note this is half of all my saving and I have a purpose for this particular fund just that the time has not come. Advice is needed please

No, you're not wrong. But I have one question for you, and I need you to answer genuinely: If the tables were turned, and he asked the same of you, what would you make of it?

By the way, did you ask him to fill a form because you don't trust him to pay you back? Or were you concerned about his motive for requesting a loan from you? Either way, what he does with the money shouldn't be your problem as long as he can afford to pay you back.

Guy, life can be brutal, and no one knows what will happen in the next minute. So if I were you, I'd rather have my friend owe me one than the other way round. Just my two cents.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by We4all: 12:42pm On Jan 23, 2020
Sanchez01:

What she stated is nothing but the Gospel truth. Relationships have been ruined just because a close friend borrowed money and couldn't pay back.

Whether or not the person is dying the next minute or not is one thing but humans have proven to be the same over the years. Act like you are on the verge of dying, run around and take advantage of the goodwill of others then become comfortable and claim you don't have the money when the person comes calling.

My personal experiences in this area alone has taught me a lot. The friendship today is no more and the money remains unreturned. You can lend to anyone but the line should be drawn the moment it becomes something you can't afford to part with.

You had that experience because you were buoyant enough to lend a hand. My take is, what happens when the table is turned and you become the one in need? Won't you go to your friends or family members for help?

I am not justifying any act of irresponsibility, but I am experienced enough to know that situations can change any minute, and we can end up at the bottomless pit. And the only ones who may bail us out are the people we know.

Plus, it is easy to castigate others until we find ourselves in the same situation. When we have a good life, it is easy to have a set of rules, and expect people to obey them.

When you are very BROKE without a dime, and you tell me that no one should lend money (that he can't afford to lose) to his friends and family members, then I'll take you seriously.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by Slawormir: 12:56pm On Jan 23, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr

Always lend out Money to your real niggarrrz
Not some pussy ass niggarrr

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by chukwuibuipob: 12:57pm On Jan 23, 2020
Fill form keh? sad.U dnt need dat ok.Give the money to a craze fellow to give him with a warning to pay on so so dat.If he fail,the craze onr dat released the money go knw how to handle him and collect the money.No time.
Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by Gkay1(m): 12:57pm On Jan 23, 2020
Get wisdom,
Get understanding.
Wisdom is the principal thing, therefore get wisdom, and with all thy getting get understanding.

Assuming your friend want to use it personally, u can lend him but girl friend issue, NO WAY.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by ForeThinker: 12:57pm On Jan 23, 2020
It's your money...even for bank him go fill form

Lending money to someone this days eh ....

Na u go beg for ONLY 50 % later

91 Likes 5 Shares

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by Boyooosa(m): 12:59pm On Jan 23, 2020
izospindle:
A Friend Wanted Me To Lend Him Money I Told Him This. Am I Wrong?

So a friend of mine told me that his girlfriend is about to lose her admission, because school fee deadline is tomorrow. He asked me to lend him 70k.

I know how he loves this girl so I asked him to fill a form before I give him the money. Am I wrong for doing that?

He started saying a whole lot of things and has not spoken to me since. Note this is half of all my savings and I have a purpose for this particular fund just that the time has not come.

Advice is needed please

No, you are not wrong, Nigerians can be funny these days...make e no come turn to issue of 'shay na because of ordinary 70k u com dey disturb me, ok let's go to station, I will tell them that I will be paying you N500 per month'
No borrow am if he no fill the form, for him to refuse and keep malice with you on that, as at this 2020 wey everybody know as e dey go for nigeria, he is a bad friend! If u lend him he will not pay back.
In fact, if u still want to help him, collect collateral and surety...no time for nonsense this year. If he no want, let him go to gtb or zenith bank.

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by KIDfurniture(m): 12:59pm On Jan 23, 2020
Liability on sight.. mumu boyfriend sighted

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by tstx(m): 12:59pm On Jan 23, 2020
Borrow someone 70k to invest in a relationship when I am not mad... Baba I no get cash right now.. All my money dey bitcoins..

If I'm borrowing a friend that amount I must be sure that he is putting it in his business. And even the said friend must be credit worthy.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by mandapayng: 12:59pm On Jan 23, 2020
[left][/left]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by stubbornman(m): 12:59pm On Jan 23, 2020
You are a wise person.... I love that, nah tight pussy dey worry the guy for now, him eye never clear ,maybe nah JARUMA SAUCE the girl use cook yam for am.

If nah me nah after him sign , we go follow go high court go swear affidavit before we go police go sign final agreement with two SARS officers as witness .... Some people no good to borrow money at all..... So if you must borrow them make dem feel the heat

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by Amsickindahead: 12:59pm On Jan 23, 2020
You are a real G.I don't think that guy deserves to be called your friend..

13 Likes

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by affable4(m): 12:59pm On Jan 23, 2020
Borrow money to invest and not to throw away in whatever guise.

7 Likes

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jan 23, 2020
Lol girl is a thief

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Father, Mother And Their Five Daughters Stun At An Event (Photos) / 3 Nice Girls. What Do I Do? / Lady Begins Search For A Life Partner For Her Mother (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.