Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,366 members, 7,812,048 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:08 AM

Nigerian Referee Appointed As The Only African Official At Commonwealth Games - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigerian Referee Appointed As The Only African Official At Commonwealth Games (369 Views)

AFCON: South African Official, Clayson Monyela Accused Of Xenophobic Comment / Athletes Representing Nigeria At Commonwealth Games, Birmingham 2022 (Full List) / Nigerian Referee Beaten Mercilessly By Supporters After NPFL Match. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Referee Appointed As The Only African Official At Commonwealth Games by Hotsports: 2:03pm On Mar 26, 2018
The Chairman, Nigeria Wrestling Referees Association, Yusuf Usman has been appointed as the only African referee to officiate at the 2018 Commonwealth Games in Gold Coast, Australia.

Usman who got upgraded after a coaching course organized by the United World Wrestling (UWW), expressed his delight over the appointment.

“This is great news not only to me but the Nigeria Wrestling Federation. It calls for more work from me and I promise to always be a good ambassador of Nigeria”.

“The 2018 African Championships was a litmus test and I’m ready to get on the mat to officiate at highly ranked events”, he said.

The Bauchi born official who was also the only Nigerian referee invited to officiate at 2015 All Africa Games in Congo was awarded best judge at the 2015 Africa Championship held in the city of Alexandria, Egypt.

The games run from April 4th to 15th, 2018.

Source: http://hotsportstv.com/nigerian-referee-commonwealth-games/

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Streal Joshua V Parker Boxing Match? / Highlights: Liverpool 3 – 0 Manchester City / South Africa's Caster Semenya Wins 1,500m Gold, Aims To Add 800m Gold

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.