Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,125 members, 7,829,002 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:16 PM

Corpers Serving In Niger State. - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Corpers Serving In Niger State. (11323 Views)

Obi Cubana Dines With Corpers Serving in Oba A Week To His Mother's Burial. / Affordable Accommodation For Corpers Serving In Abuja / The Plight Of Corpers Serving In Abuja(fct) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Corpers Serving In Niger State. by Mustack: 10:16am On Apr 02, 2018
Hasheem1hash:
May Almighty choose the best for me
ameen.

1 Like

Re: Corpers Serving In Niger State. by Mustack: 10:17am On Apr 02, 2018
Ilerioluwa02:
Niger state ws one of my choices as well, no allowee from SG cry
yes.
Re: Corpers Serving In Niger State. by Trottle: 11:09am On Apr 02, 2018
I'm a corp member serving in Niger State too.

I'm serving in Minna so expect that my POV will be "Minna - centric"

SOCIAL LIFE

For a social person, Niger state (even the capital, Minna) is not social at all. Very few recreational centres, no cinema, mart or even the fame shoprite . However, for someone who does not like the hustle and bustle in major cities, you'll enjoy Minna.

If you're the type that loves the so called "flexing", you'll be disappointed.

BUSINESS
The sort of business that thrives the most here, like other smaller cities is the sale of every day goods, barbing saloon, hairdressing etc. Businesses that involve ICT are very scanty. If you want photocopy, you have to go to into the heart of the city.

Businesses like Engineering and technology (car repairs, generator repair, refrigerator etc.) is not a regular feature. Also, plumbing et al. ICT here is sorely lacking.

Sales of Electronics is lacking too.

The state produces large amount of foodstuffs, and some commodities might not be as "Behind" as you want it.

FOOD
Yam yam yam. You'll eat enough of it here, very cheap. Also, Soya Beans cake (wara, beske etc.) is abundant here, same as Irish potatoes, onions erc. Rice and beans are fairly cheap. Also, tomatoes are in abundance too. If you love magoes, you'll eat them a lot here. Foodstuffs that may be a bit scarce are plantains, vegetables, ewedu etc.

WEATHER
If you're coming from a the SS, SE or SW, then you'll have to invest in Ice block o. The weather can be harsh, but you may get used to it soon.

LANGUAGE
If you understand Hausa, you'll definitely navigate easily, same with Nupe (though a Nupe-Gwari dominated state, but Hausa language reigns). If you understand Gwari, you can still find it fairly easy to navigate, however, probably not as easy as the twoa above. Though, your English language too will do the trick.

TRANSPORTATION AND TRAFFIC
The major means of transportation is tricycle (and the now reinstated bike). The cost is fairly cheap.
If you're the Lagos type, this one of the aspect that you'll definitely love about Minna-Niger. The traffic lights does virtually all the work, and you'll hardly find policemen, hence a good traffic organization.

PPA
If you're a corp member serving in Niger state, like most state, you're most likely to serve in a school. If your PPA is a private school, you'll be paid (but might be overworked), if you're serving in some government parastatal, you may either be paid or given accommodation or both, but if you're serving in a government school, especially in a village, you may possibly enjoy nicer accommodation, and free foodstuffs and goodwill from the villagers.

If you can negotiate with your employers (especially those that do not pay,) you can search for Secondary places of assignments, and also conduct home lessons. This is popular, however beware of exploitative parents.
Specialized disciplines like medicine etc will enjoy
Some of the Hot PPAs are:
Government House
FUT MINNA
NECO
House of Assembly
WAEC (almost not luck for most corp members)
Private Schools
Ministry of Finance
Head of Civil service
Etc.

LIGHT AND WATER
Despite being a "power State" the electricity supply is unevenly distributed. Some part enjoy over 20 hours of power supply, others are rationed, and maybe 6 hours of power supply. Though if you live close to LGAs like Shioro, you'll over enjoy power supply.

Except you live in a serviced apartment, you may have to constantly buy water from the Mai Ruwa (water sellers who hawk in jerry can). Water is a bit scarce in the dry season.
GOVERNMENT INPUT
The state government does not pay nada, except if you work in Ministries like the Ministry of finance. You'll be given a stipend and accommodation.

Word of Advice.

Though I still reflect on these advises myself. If you're posted to Niger State;

Please to a larger extent, don't toy with the girls, except you're interested in marrying them.

Socialize with the residents (moderately) they may help in ways you might not expect. If you're not the social type, at least keep a smile always.

NB: NYSC "days" are very fleeting, try to see ways you can brush yourself up. If you read my post very well, you'll know that the state is brimming with opportunities. There are some opportunities that if you capitalize on, you'll definitely enjoy them.

All the best bro!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Corpers Serving In Niger State. by harjibola4: 5:07pm On Apr 02, 2018
Hasheem1hash:
Really? make God make it easy for us.
They wil pay u 10k bt no accommodation
Re: Corpers Serving In Niger State. by Hasheem1hash(m): 5:11pm On Apr 02, 2018
harjibola4:
where's that?
Re: Corpers Serving In Niger State. by Mustack: 8:20pm On Apr 02, 2018
Trottle:

SOCIAL LIFE

For a social person, Niger state (even the capital, Minna) is not social at all. Very few recreational centres, no cinema, mart or even the fame shoprite . However, for someone who does not like the hustle and bustle in major cities, you'll enjoy Minna.

BUSINESS
The sort of business that thrives the most here, like other smaller cities is the sale of every day goods, barbing saloon, hairdressing etc. Businesses that involve ICT are very scanty. If you want photocopy, you have to go to into the heart of the city.

Businesses like Engineering and technology (car repairs, generator repair, refrigerator etc.) is not a regular feature. Also, plumbing et al. ICT here is sorely lacking.

The state produces large amount of foodstuffs, and some commodities might not be as "Behind" as you want it.

FOOD
Yam yam yam. You'll eat enough of it here, very cheap. Also, Soya Beans cake (wara, beske etc.) is abundant here, same as Irish potatoes, onions erc. Rice and beans are fairly cheap. Also, tomatoes are in abundance too. If you love magoes, you'll eat them a lot here. Foodstuffs that may be a bit scarce are plantains, vegetables, ewedu etc.

WEATHER
If you're coming from a the SS, SE or SW, then you'll have to invest in Ice block o. The weather can be harsh, but you may get used to it soon.

LANGUAGE
If you understand Hausa, you'll definitely navigate easily, same with Nupe (though a Nupe-Gwari dominated state, but Hausa language reigns). If you understand Gwari, you can still find it fairly easy to navigate, however, probably not as easy as the twoa above. Though, your English language too will do the trick.

The major means of transportation is tricycle (and the now reinstated bike). The cost is fairly cheap.
If you're the Lagos type, this one of the aspect that you'll definitely love about Minna-Niger. The traffic lights does virtually all the work, and you'll hardly find policemen, hence a good traffic organization.

PPA
If you're a corp member serving in Niger state, like most state, you're most likely to serve in a school. If your PPA is a private school, you'll be paid (but might be overworked), if you're serving in some government parastatal, you may either be paid or given accommodation or both, but if you're serving in a government school, especially in a village, you may possibly enjoy nicer accommodation, and free foodstuffs and goodwill from the villagers.

If you can negotiate with your employers (especially those that do not pay,) you can search for Secondary places of assignments, and also conduct home lessons. This is popular, however beware of exploitative parents.
Government House
FUT MINNA
NECO
House of Assembly
Private Schools
Ministry of Finance
Head of Civil service
Etc.

LIGHT AND WATER
Despite being a "power State" the electricity supply is unevenly distributed. Some part enjoy over 20 hours of power supply, others are rationed, and maybe 6 hours of power supply. Though if you live close to LGAs like Shioro, you'll over enjoy power supply.

Except you live in a serviced apartment, you may have to constantly buy water from the Mai Ruwa (water sellers who hawk in jerry can). Water is a bit scarce in the dry season.
GOVERNMENT INPUT
The state government does not pay nada, except if you work in Ministries like the Ministry of finance. You'll be given a stipend and accommodation.

Word of Advice.

Though I still reflect on these advises myself. If you're posted to Niger State;

Please to a larger extent, don't toy with the girls, except you're interested in marrying them.

Socialize with the residents (moderately) they may help in ways you might not expect. If you're not the social type, at least keep a smile always.

NB: This NYSC "days" is very fleeting, try to see ways you can brush yourself up. If you read my post very well, you'll know that the state is brimming with opportunities. There are some opportunities that if you capitalize on, you'll definitely enjoy them.

All the best bro!

well said... am currently enjoy the village life. but bro the other side will make you run oh.

3 Likes

Re: Corpers Serving In Niger State. by Trottle: 7:50am On Apr 03, 2018
Mustack:

well said... am currently enjoy the village life. but bro the other side will make you run oh.

Yes o, Oga mi. grin. It can get very challenging too.
Re: Corpers Serving In Niger State. by Mustack: 7:15pm On Apr 04, 2018
Trottle:

Yes o, Oga mi. grin. It can get very challenging too.
if you don't have mind you can't manage village life
Re: Corpers Serving In Niger State. by Nobody: 7:21pm On Apr 04, 2018
how much is it from zuba to Niger state Nysc camp? and how far....... the distance
kindly share with us. thanks
Re: Corpers Serving In Niger State. by STENON(f): 8:18pm On Apr 04, 2018
harjibola4:

accomodation is cheap, a room is 15k
Re: Corpers Serving In Niger State. by echobazz: 11:25pm On Apr 04, 2018
Trottle:

SOCIAL LIFE

BUSINESS

FOOD

WEATHER

LANGUAGE

PPA

Government House
FUT MINNA
NECO
House of Assembly
Private Schools
Ministry of Finance
Head of Civil service
Etc.

LIGHT AND WATER

GOVERNMENT INPUT

Word of Advice.

NB: This NYSC "days" is very fleeting, try to see ways you can brush yourself up. If you read my post very well, you'll know that the state is brimming with opportunities. There are some opportunities that if you capitalize on, you'll definitely enjoy them.

All the best bro!

You've said it all bro

1 Like

Re: Corpers Serving In Niger State. by echobazz: 11:27pm On Apr 04, 2018
ameemu:
how much is it from zuba to Niger state Nysc camp?
and how far....... the distance

kindly share with us.
thanks
Between the range of 700 to 1k
Re: Corpers Serving In Niger State. by HOLAROCKDAY(m): 3:34pm On Oct 19, 2018
Trottle:

SOCIAL LIFE

BUSINESS

FOOD

WEATHER

LANGUAGE

PPA

Government House
FUT MINNA
NECO
House of Assembly
Private Schools
Ministry of Finance
Head of Civil service
Etc.

LIGHT AND WATER

GOVERNMENT INPUT

Word of Advice.

All the best bro!

Abeg bro... na which type of gals... make person de reason for dat side oooo
Re: Corpers Serving In Niger State. by HOLAROCKDAY(m): 3:35pm On Oct 19, 2018
Trottle:

SOCIAL LIFE

BUSINESS

FOOD

WEATHER

LANGUAGE

PPA

Government House
FUT MINNA
NECO
House of Assembly
Private Schools
Ministry of Finance
Head of Civil service
Etc.

LIGHT AND WATER

GOVERNMENT INPUT

Word of Advice.

All the best bro!

And abeg how dia camp be... please gist me
Re: Corpers Serving In Niger State. by Temigracee: 9:25am On May 13, 2022
Studying outside Nigeria made easy... have you heard of A place called Mauritius....? I'm sure you will love to study and work at d same time, living in a conducive well furnished house. With peace of mind you never get here in nigeria. Call or WhatsApp 09046317346 for more info. We also do canada and UK at a very affordable prices.

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Corper Needs Assistance To Publish His CDS Projects / Commonly Used Terms In NYSC / NCCF Kano Distributes Relief Materials To Rural Areas In Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.