Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,193 members, 7,811,502 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:13 PM

Why You Shouldn't Tell People Your Dreams - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Why You Shouldn't Tell People Your Dreams (716 Views)

Reasons Why I Don't Tell People My Salary / When You Leave School, The First Thing On Your To-do List Shouldn't Be NYSC / How To Make Your Dreams Come True (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why You Shouldn't Tell People Your Dreams by BitsInsights: 4:58pm On Mar 27, 2018
“Dreams are not things we see while we sleep, rather they are things that makes us not to sleep” - K. Dave

We all have things that we wish to become. We might want to earn better, become the best in our school, achieve amazing results in a goal, become better smarter and more intelligent, and so on.

There are always excitement about dreams, there are always excitement to share our monthly goals, life visions, new year commitments with people.

I have always discovered that the more that I try to explain to people my dreams, they more they misunderstood me.

“That's not going to work. Nigeria is not like that, no one has done that before.”

To achieve a great amount of success in whatever field, would require a great amount of loneliness.
The innovator path is a lonely path.
“Those that follow the crowd, cannot be followed by a crowd” - Unknown
One of the prize for success is misunderstanding. Only but a few, if not all would misunderstand your dreams.
It is very common for humans to debunk what they do not understand. “Emeka, no one can pass that exam by mere reading” - we hear things like this.

Humans love recognition, it is but in the pursuit of recognition and support that we spend our whole time telling different and legions of people our dreams, instead of spending those valuable times in actual pursuit of those dreams. We are always playing the conviction game.

Final Thoughts
Don't tell people your dreams, they would kill it for you. Or better still, be very careful of people that you tell your dreams. In the pursuit of dreams, family and friends, can be obstacles and discouragement
Growing Together
Dave
Blogger-In-Chief
Bits Insights

Source: https://www.bitsinsights.com.ng/2018/03/why-you-shouldnt-tell-people-your-dreams.html?m=1

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Shouldn't Tell People Your Dreams by blessedvisky(m): 5:18pm On Mar 27, 2018
Nice piece
Re: Why You Shouldn't Tell People Your Dreams by Scholarsticchai: 6:44pm On Mar 30, 2018
Thumbs up

(1) (Reply)

How To Ace The 25 Most Common Project Defense Questions / Diamond Bank Worker Cries Out After He Was Sacked The Day Miracle Won Bbnaija / What Will Happen To Salaries Of Workers Earning Above The New Minimum Wage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.