Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,065 members, 7,835,602 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:21 PM

Pls Recomend An Isp (v-sat) - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Pls Recomend An Isp (v-sat) (1113 Views)

DirectOnPC Is Too Bad As An ISP / The Best ISP In Nigeria? / I Need An ISP That Is Reliable And Very Fast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Recomend An Isp (v-sat) by zogo(m): 2:34pm On May 05, 2010
Pls recomend an ISP for me for a cyber cafe in Port Harcourt. will u recomend hyperia network,,,,pls i mean for Broad band (V-SAT) tenx
Re: Pls Recomend An Isp (v-sat) by bani(m): 3:40pm On May 05, 2010
[size=8pt]why depend on on the vsat or one service providers?[/size]

The need for a ‘fast’ internet service provider cannot be argued. But the down time associated with service providers is always over looked, downtimes are an unavoidable issue considering the numerous issues associated with running a business in Nigeria et al power, man power, , vandalisation etc.
With all this issues considered, I would like to introduce the BNA, this is a bandwidth aggregator. This hard ware is a one-sided Internet bonding appliance that provides aggregated Internet connectivity to cyber cafes, small and medium size businesses , enterprises, apartments, hotels, hospitals and other multi-tenant buildings via aggregating multiple Internet access lines for increased performance and reliability. With the BNA, multiple DSL, cable modem or T1 services can be combined to provide higher speed and more reliable Internet access.
The BNA combines multiple Internet access lines, each on a 10/100baseT Ethernet interface, into a single aggregated Internet access line, again on a 10/100baseT Ethernet interface. The aggregation over the Internet access lines is done even for a single session, providing the full aggregate speed. The BNA supports aggregation of up to 6 Internet access lines and additional cellular data cards. Each Internet access line may be through a DSL modem, cable modem, T1, satellite modem, fractional DS3, DS3, fiber, cellular or any other broadband connection. In simpler terms the aggregation converges the bandwidth from 6 different service providers into a funnel and out into your network as one source.
Technical Specifications
Cellular data WAN connection (optional) - BNA supports the cellular data module via an optional PCMCIA bay or via a usb port. Through these interfaces a cellular data card can be plugged in as an additional WAN connection. The cellular data card can be configured for failover-only or always-on. In fail-over mode, in case of all the wired Internet access lines failing, the cellular data card will take over in less than 30 seconds.

Link failure recovery & link failover -In case of Internet access line failures, the BNA keeps the ongoing sessions alive by retransmitting the lost packets over the available access lines, even for the sessions in progress, without loss of data integrity. Additionally automatic failover protects against failures of one or more access link outages. 2G/3G cellular cards can be added as standby WAN access links for additional reliability.

Hot-swap failover - Optional dual unit installation enables instant hot fail-over to the standby unit.

Advanced QoS algorithms - All traffic routed through the BNA is intelligently managed to prioritize real-time traffic. Additionally a unique set of proprietary algorithms are implemented to improve inbound real-time traffic latency metrics such as VoIP applications.

Dynamic DNS load balancing - BNA can be configured to provide Dynamic DNS load-balancing for inbound requests for internally hosted servers such as web-server, ftp-server, mail-server etc.

Transparent installation – The existing Local Area Network does not require any changes. No coordination, new equipment or software is needed from the Internet Service Provider(s). A remotely accessable browser-based management interface provides quick and easy configuration and system monitoring.

Additional features include: DHCP server (can be turned off), state-full firewall (can be turned off), port forwarding, DMZ, UPnP support and others.
Re: Pls Recomend An Isp (v-sat) by bani(m): 3:41pm On May 05, 2010
Become an I.S.P. with the resources of your cafe

from your cafe you can provide internet access to customers within a 20km radius. which obviously makes you a service provider. we can also supply you with reliable and affordable client access radios.

send mail to klisboneconsult@yahoo.com or call 08021323231
Re: Pls Recomend An Isp (v-sat) by Spyker: 5:13pm On May 05, 2010
I own a cafe in PHC close to JAMB office and next January will make it 10years i have been in the business. From experience, you can not say this is the best, i only use what serves me. When they start giving me problems, i immediate look for another service provider. For now, i am a corporate client with IPNX on a dedicated bandwidth and their service is so far good though the normal interruptions associated with service providers is always there. A friend of mine have used hyperia but since it is a shared bandwidth, the browsing speed depends on the number of systems you have. I don't really like hyperia though if it serves you, go for it but be ready to change equipment as soon as complaints keeps coming and you start shutting down due to lack of service otherwise you are out of business.
Goodluck.
Re: Pls Recomend An Isp (v-sat) by zogo(m): 6:39pm On May 06, 2010
wao, good contributions. am still listening. actualy hyperia is offering a free VSAT equipments but u will pay for 1year sunscription
Re: Pls Recomend An Isp (v-sat) by omoghana22: 11:22am On May 07, 2010
send me a quotation and the bandwildth prices to read4rom_marvins@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Pls Recomend An Isp (v-sat) by hakon: 12:08pm On Jun 21, 2010
hyperia offers free C band Vsat equipment . the condition for this is that you pay for 1 year subscription or 6 months subscription and the balance of another 6 months 90 days after. the cost for bandwidth depends on the number of systems that u intend to use.

Re: Pls Recomend An Isp (v-sat) by hakon: 12:11pm On Jun 21, 2010
Re: Pls Recomend An Isp (v-sat) by routik(m): 4:21pm On Jun 21, 2010
wao, good contributions. am still listening. actualy hyperia is offering a free VSAT equipments but u will pay for 1year subscription
thats a bad marketing strategy that will lead to one year bondage.
the ISP am using is based in US, they are quite fair in service, honest and reliable, though expensive somehow.
keep doing your research.
cheers.

(1) (Reply)

Get All Your Mobile And Pc Cheats/tricks In Here / Hot! Wholesale Brand New Lenovo Laptop At Lowest Price 115 Usd! / Dell Lattitude E4310 For Sale, Brands New One

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.