Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,743 members, 7,817,054 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:16 AM

Help, My Friend Is A Kleptomaniac - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help, My Friend Is A Kleptomaniac (3034 Views)

My Husband’s Friend Is Wonderful In Bed, But… / My Own Mother Sleeping With My Friend’s Dad! / I Think My Friend Is More In Love With Me Than My Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help, My Friend Is A Kleptomaniac by Ronke2811(f): 8:46am On Mar 12, 2007
i have this very good , nice and wonderful friend, weve being friends since 2 decades now. she is very undersatnding and can do anything for you.
she is the first in a family of four, very pretty, brillant and has a good paying job( she earns 300k per month) and she is from a very wealthy family.
but she do have a problem: she cant but take things from your back especiallly money, i noticed back then in university so i am always cautious wenever we go out to stay beside her all through.
sometimes she might just take 100naira, 500 naira from your bag, and to make matter worse she doesnt use them for anything.
she is getting married in the next two months, i really need advice from my fellow nairalanders on how to help her. cos she is really a friend in need and indeed.
Re: Help, My Friend Is A Kleptomaniac by cuteass1(f): 1:01pm On Mar 12, 2007
Honey, that's very nice of you, wanting to help your friend

But the fact is that it could be inborn in her, and therefore a lil bit difficult to get her to stop, but then there is only one person that can guarantee her quitting this disgraceful act,

GOD. Like i've always said, God can stop every bad habit, talk to him in prayers, commit your friend to him , believe me after a while she'll automatically stop.
Re: Help, My Friend Is A Kleptomaniac by jaybaby(f): 3:04pm On Mar 12, 2007
2 Bad i had a frnd like dat --her parents r 4ken Rich-She is so caring that she gives out money like it's goin out of waves---but her PROB is If U kip #5 --she would pick it -Wen asked --says she wasnt!

See My Dear There is nuttin U can do 2 PPle like That--U jus have 2 put her in Prayers daz It!
Re: Help, My Friend Is A Kleptomaniac by Seun(m): 5:55pm On Mar 12, 2007
Hehe. I hope her husband knows about this and is understanding, otherwise she's in a lot of trouble!!
Re: Help, My Friend Is A Kleptomaniac by sisimose(f): 11:14am On Mar 13, 2007
question for you, does she steal any and everthing she see, any where? does she do it with every one? because if it is just you she is taking money from , argghh i am confused by this post, why is she a kleptomaniac?

Well if she really is one then you can not help her, only professional help can do it for kleptomaniacs, no amount of talking will do.Goodluck to her
Re: Help, My Friend Is A Kleptomaniac by Ronke2811(f): 11:58am On Mar 13, 2007
sisimose:

question for you, does she steal any and everthing she see, any where? does she do it with every one? because if it is just you she is taking money from , argghh i am confused by this post, why is she a kleptomaniac?

Well if she really is one then you can not help her, only professional help can do it for kleptomaniacs, no amount of talking will do.Goodluck to her

@ sismose
there is no confusion with the post,
she doesnt only steal from me, she does that with anybody she is around with.
anytime she see money there will this urge for her to take it. she doesnt care the amount.
Re: Help, My Friend Is A Kleptomaniac by Seun(m): 9:08pm On Mar 13, 2007
More information is available here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kleptomania
Re: Help, My Friend Is A Kleptomaniac by agnesoseka: 1:54pm On Mar 17, 2007
Her watch word shd be, Self Control, Discipline and PRAYERS,
Re: Help, My Friend Is A Kleptomaniac by skyhighweb(m): 6:56pm On Dec 22, 2018
Seun:
Hehe. I hope her husband knows about this and is understanding, otherwise she's in a lot of trouble!!
when seun was still involve in participating in threads
Re: Help, My Friend Is A Kleptomaniac by anayolity: 7:35pm On Dec 22, 2018
Who swear don catch eh don catch be that..... !!!

(1) (Reply)

Ladies Will You Let Your Husband Watch Your Delivery? / Will You Seek Your Spouse`s consent Before Sending Money To Your Parents? / Why Do Nigerian Women Blame Battered Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.