Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,320 members, 7,815,621 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:22 PM

Konga Appoints Ex-Nokia VP as CEO - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Konga Appoints Ex-Nokia VP as CEO (9710 Views)

Aig-Imoukhuede Steps In As Access Holdings Chairman 10 Years After Exit As CEO / Elon Musk 'Voted Out' As CEO Of Twitter By Poll He Created / MTN Nigeria Appoints Karl Toriola As CEO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Konga Appoints Ex-Nokia VP as CEO by postbox: 10:02pm On Mar 28, 2018
Nick Imudia, a Finland-based Nigerian and former Vice President of Nokia has been appointed Chief Executive Officer (CEO) by the board of Konga, Nigeria’s leading e-commerce giant. Imudia replaces former CEO, Shola Adekoya, who resumes at the Zinox Group headquarters in Lagos, Nigeria as Head of Future Business.

Imudia assumes office on April 3rd, 2018 with a clear mandate to deliver Konga as number one e-Commerce company in Africa.

Imudia recently left TCL/Alcatel where he was the Regional Director, responsible for Nigeria and Central Africa Operations. Before joining TCL/Alcatel, Imudia was Managing Director, Nokia West, and Central Africa, a thriving concern which remains a world leader in Mobility, driving the transformation and growth of the converging Internet and Communications industry.

For almost 17 years, the widely-traveled Imudia worked in Nokia, managing operations in Asia, Europe and the Americas in the areas of sales, marketing, capability development, management systems, operational excellence, IT and process management.

His core experience across several management functions including online commerce, among others will come in handy in steering the Konga brand to greater heights.

Imudia holds a Bachelor of Engineering in Industrial Management from Mikkeli Institute of Technology, Finland; a Master of Engineering in Oil and Gas Technology Management from Aalborg University, Denmark and an MBA in International Business Management, Haaga-Helia Business School, Finland.

SOURCE: https://brandspurng.com/konga-appoints-ex-nokia-vp-as-ceo/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Konga Appoints Ex-Nokia VP as CEO by damoche64: 7:43am On Mar 29, 2018
Great
Re: Konga Appoints Ex-Nokia VP as CEO by switsoda(m): 7:43am On Mar 29, 2018
Nice
Re: Konga Appoints Ex-Nokia VP as CEO by presentley: 7:44am On Mar 29, 2018
Interesting
Re: Konga Appoints Ex-Nokia VP as CEO by oyetunder(m): 7:44am On Mar 29, 2018
we don hear. Let Konga deliver cheaper oloyin beans then.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Konga Appoints Ex-Nokia VP as CEO by Obierika(m): 7:45am On Mar 29, 2018
I hope he can resurrect the company!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Konga Appoints Ex-Nokia VP as CEO by kinkybunny(f): 7:45am On Mar 29, 2018
oyetunder:
we don hear. Let Konga deliver cheaper oloyin beans then.

please don't reproduce.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Konga Appoints Ex-Nokia VP as CEO by Nobody: 7:46am On Mar 29, 2018
The beginning of the end
Re: Konga Appoints Ex-Nokia VP as CEO by Kelvin30286063(m): 7:47am On Mar 29, 2018
Left one dead company to inherit another dead one... Vastly experienced in killing companies. Alcatel, Nokia, Konga... Which kind work be that?

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Konga Appoints Ex-Nokia VP as CEO by Oblitz(m): 7:48am On Mar 29, 2018
ok nah! we should be expecting konga android soon
Re: Konga Appoints Ex-Nokia VP as CEO by Samusu(m): 7:52am On Mar 29, 2018
OK, noted.
Congratulations
Re: Konga Appoints Ex-Nokia VP as CEO by Godsent4life: 7:54am On Mar 29, 2018
I offer best rate for your iTunes card
Re: Konga Appoints Ex-Nokia VP as CEO by Follygunners: 7:58am On Mar 29, 2018
E-commerce in 9ja is very comparable to driving a Ferrari / Porsche on the roads of Abule-Egba / Meiran.

3 Likes

Re: Konga Appoints Ex-Nokia VP as CEO by slapandfall(m): 8:02am On Mar 29, 2018
Dying Appointing Dead. Do Konga have purpose in life so?
Re: Konga Appoints Ex-Nokia VP as CEO by datola: 8:04am On Mar 29, 2018
Hmmm...
Re: Konga Appoints Ex-Nokia VP as CEO by FarahAideed: 8:05am On Mar 29, 2018
From his work experience trail Nokia, Alcatel and now Konga it's shows he keeps moving from one failed company to another ..I doubt such a character will bring the desired winning streak Kings needs at this time .

6 Likes

Re: Konga Appoints Ex-Nokia VP as CEO by donchrisville: 8:09am On Mar 29, 2018
Dude is just shuffling through dead brands

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Konga Appoints Ex-Nokia VP as CEO by Nobody: 8:21am On Mar 29, 2018
Lol
Re: Konga Appoints Ex-Nokia VP as CEO by Jarus(m): 8:27am On Mar 29, 2018
These corporate strategists ehnn.

The simple message of that move: Shola, we the new owners, Zinox, did not think you are capable of moving it to the mext level, so we are bringing an expert from a more renowned brand, Nokia. But rather than sack you, we will post you to our office, Zinox, to man another department.

I wish the new guy well. I like turn-around executives. It's a challenging but an interesting area of management.

1 Like

Re: Konga Appoints Ex-Nokia VP as CEO by Fogman(m): 8:28am On Mar 29, 2018
Hoping he will turn around Konga for the better

2 Likes

Re: Konga Appoints Ex-Nokia VP as CEO by marunga(m): 8:36am On Mar 29, 2018
shocked minister of the dying companies.
Re: Konga Appoints Ex-Nokia VP as CEO by Jethrolite(m): 9:07am On Mar 29, 2018
Jarus:
These corporate strategists ehnn.

The simple message of that move: Shola, we the new owners, Zinox, did not think you are capable of moving it to the mext level, so we are bringing an expert from a more renowned brand, Nokia. But rather than sack you, we will post you to our office, Zinox, to man another department.

I wish the new guy well. I like turn-around executives. It's a challenging but an interesting area of management.
Shola was never substantive CEO and was probably being paid the salary of his former office. He would be glad to return to where he was before. Just an opinion, I do not know how Zinox group is run from within.
Re: Konga Appoints Ex-Nokia VP as CEO by Jarus(m): 9:19am On Mar 29, 2018
Jethrolite:
Shola was never substantive CEO and was probably being paid the salary of his former office. He would be glad to return to where he was before. Just an opinion, I do not know how Zinox group is run from within.

Thanks
Re: Konga Appoints Ex-Nokia VP as CEO by godwin120alex: 11:42am On Mar 29, 2018
Nick Imudia I know he will take Konga to a greater height.
I met him in Nokia during our meeting
Re: Konga Appoints Ex-Nokia VP as CEO by Nobody: 12:23pm On Mar 29, 2018
E-commerce won't thrive well in Nigeria until credible logistics companies join the business.

1 Like

Re: Konga Appoints Ex-Nokia VP as CEO by miqos02(m): 1:14pm On Mar 29, 2018
Kelvin30286063:
Left one dead company to inherit another dead one... Vastly experienced in killing companies. Alcatel, Nokia, Konga... Which kind work be that?
don't tell me you don't know Alcatel and Nokia have other successful IT subsidiaries
Re: Konga Appoints Ex-Nokia VP as CEO by Panshow(m): 3:57pm On Mar 29, 2018
Hope he delivers. God bless Konga

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Meaning Of Bank Consolidation / Nigeria Leads In Startup Investments In Africa With 136 Deals / Fun Facts You Probably Didn’t Know About Freelancing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.