Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,224 members, 7,815,281 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:11 AM

Save The Girl Child - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Save The Girl Child (487 Views)

Queen Jennifer Ephraim's Book "Dilemma Of The Nigeria Girl Child" Now On Amazon / NBA-AGC: Nigeria In Chaos, We Must Save The Soul Of Our Nation – Chimamanda / Toke(the Girl Child) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Save The Girl Child by Greatfillgrace: 12:41am On Mar 29, 2018

Few days ago, I was talking in my class some issues in defense of women in our society, in one of the books we were analyzing. Waiting for an angel how women were treated, in marriage and relationship. And the attack from my class boys were like they should slap me but thank God our lecturer is a woman and they can’t do anything to me in class.

Today, my intention is to truly write for us to talk about this on a large forum on my blog, to take it outside the blog thing and let know the way forward out of it. However, in my moment of thought, I asked if truly something is wrong with the men?

The real thing in my chat with some men, both married, in courtship or relationship. I found out that many of them actually know about marriage and relationship is nothing but just a mere believe system or notion that has been passed on by failed generation. The generation that liken husband and wife to the slave master philosophy, leaving the later with the idea of serving and never get served and will be forming always with the lordship right. 

In my neighborhood, a man brutally beat his wife leaving the poor woman begging for her life. Her crime was that she was sick and unable to cook before the beast who called himself her husband arrived from work. Now you want to say is just once or maybe he was hungry as the saying goes “a hungry man is an angry man” so tell me is her body his angry cooler? As a child born and brought up in  Abuja I have seen a lot of men beat up their wife in front of their kids and tommrrow what are you telling that boy child, to beat up or not to beat up his wife? For christ sake, Abraham Lincoln literally stopped slave trade centuries ago, why are men still practicing it? We live in a time where women are left to total surrender without ever standing on their right. Why is it only women that go wrong all the time? Like my mother will say”men are the head of the family and are always right”. This is not the fault of men or women. But the belief system. 

Please let talk about this and please don’t forget to leave a comment. Until I come your way soon with the next question. How do we get to this? 

Do have a great weekend 

Peace!!!

Still your girl 

Greatfillgrace

(1) (Reply)

Lost In The Wind (novella) / Massive Hit / Decade Old Story Wins Gtbank’s Dusty Manuscript Contest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.