Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,041 members, 7,814,556 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:57 PM

Do You Know 5 Must-check Parts When Buying A Used Car? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Do You Know 5 Must-check Parts When Buying A Used Car? (15540 Views)

7 Features To Look Out For When Buying A Car / Documents To Collect When Buying A Tokunbo Car In Nigeria / Does It Matter If A Used Car Was Used By A Woman? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Know 5 Must-check Parts When Buying A Used Car? by NaijautoNg: 5:12am On Mar 29, 2018
If you are interested in buying a pre-owned car, read our article to know 5 parts to check before reaching your wallet.
Buying a used car is not easy as many thinks, it is actually a tricky proposition. Car salesmen, especially used car sellers are infamous for their ruses to sell their products as quick as possible. Therefore, if not being alert enough, car buyers easily stumble into their traps.

But don’t worry, Naijauto will let you know 5 parts to check before buying a used car and you can avoid nasty tricks from car salesmen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAzEUat-k4U
How to check used cars for accidents, repainting auto body damage

1. Check the exterior

When buying a used car, you need to pay attention to its exterior and this part is also the first thing appears in our eyes. You should make sure that the vehicle is parked in a large enough space so you can check the exterior more easily and carefully. Here are some must-check areas in the car exterior:

Front fascia:
Look at the fender and check if it was replaced. If there are any signs of a new fender, it could indicate that the car has been wrecked.

Paint:
Check for any rust, dents or scratches carefully because these parts are usually repainted to hide the car‘s shabbiness and deterioration.

Check the rust, dents or scratches carefully because these parts are usually repainted to hide the car‘s shabbiness and deterioration

Tires:
The car tires should be in an acceptable status for using. If not, you will have to spend some more money on the replacement.

Trunk:
If a car was properly maintained, its trunk would be in a good condition. So check the trunk to know how the previous owner treated his/her car.

2. Interior

Although you are buying a secondhand car, its interior also needs to be in good or at least acceptable condition. This area is considered as one of the most important parts of a car as it provides the driver and passengers space, seatings and other convenient functions. If the car has a low-qualified interior, you should reconsider buying it or require the seller to lower the price tag.

Although you are buying a secondhand car, its interior also needs to be in good or at least acceptable condition

An essential part you need to check in the interior upholstery which might be subject to tears, rips, and stains. Also, make a point of inspecting seaters; heater and the air-conditioner system. Especially, remember to check the odometer to get how long the car was used and how far it has been gone. Sometimes, a small number on the odometer might not be a good sign because this car might have been in the garage for a long time without being used.

3. The beneath

It is very advisable to have a look at the part under the car body. You might find some pieces of evidence of deterioration hidden in this area. You should inspect the car frame for signs of any replacement, bends or cracks as results of crashes. For the exhaust system, if it has black spots, it could be leaked. Also, don’t forget to check the tailpipe whether it has much grime or not by running your finger inside it.

It is very advisable to have a look at the part under the car body

Do you think what is the 2 remaining Must-check Parts When Buying A Used Car?

Here is the answer for you : https://naijauto.com/car-buying-and-selling/5-must-check-parts-when-buying-a-used-car-160
Re: Do You Know 5 Must-check Parts When Buying A Used Car? by DEHVEHLOP(m): 7:22am On Mar 29, 2018
if you are buying a used car, make sure it's not used in potor republic....

short words are enough for the wise
Re: Do You Know 5 Must-check Parts When Buying A Used Car? by Flamezzz: 7:23am On Mar 29, 2018
Direct Cotonou take over
Re: Do You Know 5 Must-check Parts When Buying A Used Car? by fotadmowmend(m): 7:24am On Mar 29, 2018
Why buying used cars?
Re: Do You Know 5 Must-check Parts When Buying A Used Car? by Follygunners: 7:24am On Mar 29, 2018
This is infact one of the worst articles I've read in a long time.

So after your rambling... you never mentioned engine check, abi? And it made FP.. Really? Na wah ooo. undecided

31 Likes

Re: Do You Know 5 Must-check Parts When Buying A Used Car? by Armstrong34(m): 7:25am On Mar 29, 2018
okay thank you we don hear.....

abeg when them talk say buhari dey come Lagos sef

because this is my 3rd day of denied access into apapa
Re: Do You Know 5 Must-check Parts When Buying A Used Car? by oyetunder(m): 7:31am On Mar 29, 2018
Smiling in Igala...laughing in Hausa.
Re: Do You Know 5 Must-check Parts When Buying A Used Car? by ZombieTAMER: 7:32am On Mar 29, 2018
what about the Engine? undecided
Re: Do You Know 5 Must-check Parts When Buying A Used Car? by ZombieTAMER: 7:33am On Mar 29, 2018
xsoonest704:

Lalasticlala...
Stop these guys nah
Re: Do You Know 5 Must-check Parts When Buying A Used Car? by MrBONE2(m): 7:37am On Mar 29, 2018
Follygunners:

So after your rambling... you never mentioned engine check. Really? Na wah ooo. undecided
I think he was referring to Ox cart,you don't need to check the engine since you have
the Ox,horse, donkey etc mount on itgrin

6 Likes

Re: Do You Know 5 Must-check Parts When Buying A Used Car? by ikdaddy01(m): 7:44am On Mar 29, 2018
Follygunners:

So after your rambling... you never mentioned engine check, abi? And it made FP.. Really? Na wah ooo. undecided
Maybe OP z already bought a tokumbo engine for de car.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Know 5 Must-check Parts When Buying A Used Car? by AreaFada2: 7:47am On Mar 29, 2018
Oh OP is writing about push cars.

So obviously has no engine & transmission system. shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Do You Know 5 Must-check Parts When Buying A Used Car? by SHAKABOOM: 7:52am On Mar 29, 2018
Yu didn't mention engine..Engine first then others later..And I came hia to learn sumtin new.
Re: Do You Know 5 Must-check Parts When Buying A Used Car? by chronique(m): 7:55am On Mar 29, 2018
Dude probably copied a post from a foreign author. You're trying to teach people something and you are using downloaded pics from the Internet...
Re: Do You Know 5 Must-check Parts When Buying A Used Car? by durubrian(m): 7:56am On Mar 29, 2018
check the (gear) transmission and engine... na the most important sef

1 Like

Re: Do You Know 5 Must-check Parts When Buying A Used Car? by Nobody: 8:56am On Mar 29, 2018
Follygunners:

I just weak!!!! Look at me scrolling down to see the talk about engine
Re: Do You Know 5 Must-check Parts When Buying A Used Car? by Alvin007: 9:05am On Mar 29, 2018
Body(exterior and interior) should come first before engine. Although, this largely depends on the kinda car in question...alongside the availability of a replacement engine. Lately, it’s easier to replace an engine, than to replace a body.#myopinion
Other important aspects...transmission, vehicle particulars.
Re: Do You Know 5 Must-check Parts When Buying A Used Car? by henrixx(m): 9:17am On Mar 29, 2018
Talkaatives....why not go the blog to see the whole post. Who will buy a car without checking engine and transmission.

Op's list is well arranged in order
Re: Do You Know 5 Must-check Parts When Buying A Used Car? by jaxxy(m): 10:04am On Mar 29, 2018
Very incomplete list i must say
Re: Do You Know 5 Must-check Parts When Buying A Used Car? by Troublemaker007(m): 10:39am On Mar 29, 2018
Follygunners:

I tire o. He didn’t mention the following:

Engine.

Airbag.

Brake.

Mileage.

A.C Condition.

Headlights and Break-lights.

And lastling proof Duty of the car have been met.

nairaland Mod who hurriedly push incomplete news and President Buhari we get as president I nor come know who Mumu pass. Is it just me or did anyone noticed ever since Buhari came into power there is this invincible stupidity and foolishness affecting everything in this country. People, animal and things are getting dumber.
cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Do You Know 5 Must-check Parts When Buying A Used Car? by koolg: 11:05am On Mar 29, 2018
Useless thread
Re: Do You Know 5 Must-check Parts When Buying A Used Car? by hotwax: 11:14am On Mar 29, 2018
I saw someone mocking anyone buying Nigerian used cars.

I bought my car as a Nigerian used car for 2m. The car is 3.6m from Cotonou? I could not afford 3.6m and a Nigerian was ready to sell it to me for 2m (He needed money). Although he repainted (oven baked) with clean interior.

Have I committed any blunder?

1 Like

Re: Do You Know 5 Must-check Parts When Buying A Used Car? by sosidauto(m): 11:40am On Mar 29, 2018
In this part of my world when buying a car whether New car,tokunbo or Nigeria use the 1st thing to check is the Engine follow by the gear box...because you can buy a car of 200k And end up spending 300k to change the engine or gear.

Contact me on 08163529294 for all your Volkswagen car spare parts.sales and services.
Re: Do You Know 5 Must-check Parts When Buying A Used Car? by ately1(m): 11:47am On Mar 29, 2018
clean cars from Cotonou. 08054606377
Re: Do You Know 5 Must-check Parts When Buying A Used Car? by horlakunle25(m): 3:45pm On Mar 29, 2018
When checking d interior, check very well d former owner fit forget something inside, oyinbo can forget anything inside car wey dem no like again.....yes dat one na ur bonus if u later buy d car!
Re: Do You Know 5 Must-check Parts When Buying A Used Car? by CofOLandOfPeace(m): 3:50pm On Mar 29, 2018
Thanks for this.

Dont really have complaints right now.

Please check my signature.

MrBONE2:
I think he was referring to Ox cart,you don't need to check the engine since you have
the Ox,horse, donkey etc mount on itgrin
Re: Do You Know 5 Must-check Parts When Buying A Used Car? by Johnevansy: 5:33pm On Oct 18, 2020
pls i need advise, should i purchase a partial smoking toyota Camry tanny light for #430000. the car was used by a lady still very clean. pls I need urgent advise cos I'm intend to buy the car by tomorrow.

Re: Do You Know 5 Must-check Parts When Buying A Used Car? by Kaybaba5(m): 9:48pm On Oct 18, 2020
Johnevansy:
pls i need advise, should i purchase a partial smoking toyota Camry tanny light for #430000. the car was used by a lady still very clean. pls I need urgent advise cos I'm intend to buy the car by tomorrow.

Do u know the cost of engine?
Re: Do You Know 5 Must-check Parts When Buying A Used Car? by chigodo(m): 4:29am On Oct 19, 2020
Johnevansy:

The fact that it is already smoking means that the engine is gone. To replace that engine will cost you between #150k to #200k (mechanic workmanship, engine oil etc inclusive). There is a tiny light with a new engine and working AC for #600k. Whatsapp 08168995190

(1) (Reply)

What Are The Basic Documents (papers) A Car Should Has? / Drivers Should Be Observant Of These 10 Common Car Issues / Driving Vs. Being Driven: Which One Is More Convenient?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.