Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,089 members, 7,814,787 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:54 PM

Driving Vs. Being Driven: Which One Is More Convenient? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Driving Vs. Being Driven: Which One Is More Convenient? (15561 Views)

Watch :Turbinator II Becomes The First Wheel-Driven Vehicle To Reach 503mph / Aston Martin To Make 28 Replicas Of DB5 Driven By James Bond In Goldfinger Movie / Mechanic Creates 2-faced Car That Can Be Driven Forward & Back At The Same Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Driving Vs. Being Driven: Which One Is More Convenient? by Capitalresource: 1:01pm On Apr 20, 2023
As someone who loves to enjoy life and have a good time, I can tell you that the answer is clear: being driven is the way to go.

Sure, driving can be fun sometimes. There's something exhilarating about being in control of a powerful machine, cruising down the open road and blasting your favorite tunes on your stereo. But let's be real, how often does that actually happen? More often than not, driving is a stressful, time-consuming hassle that leaves you feeling drained and stressed out.

Being driven, on the other hand, is pure luxury. You get to sit back, relax, and let someone else do all the work. No more traffic jams, no more searching for parking spots, no more road rage. Instead, you can use that time to catch up on emails, read a book, or just take a nap. Plus, if you're lucky, your driver might even offer you a complimentary bottle of water or a snack.

Of course, there are some downsides to being driven. For one thing, it can be expensive. Hiring a private driver or using ride-sharing services can really add up over time. And if you're someone who likes to be in control, it can be hard to relinquish that power to someone else.

But for me, the convenience and comfort of being driven far outweigh the costs. I'd much rather arrive at my destination feeling relaxed and refreshed than stressed out and frazzled. Plus, if I'm being honest, I kind of like feeling like a VIP when I'm being chauffeured around town.

So, to wrap it up, if you're someone who values convenience, comfort, and a little bit of luxury, being driven is definitely the way to go. Just sit back, relax, and let someone else do the driving.

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Driving Vs. Being Driven: Which One Is More Convenient? by b3llo(m): 1:49pm On Apr 20, 2023
It depends on the condition of the mind. I prefer being driven during rush hours and after stressful day

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Driving Vs. Being Driven: Which One Is More Convenient? by davillian(m): 3:06pm On Apr 20, 2023
Depends on the car
You enjoy some cars when you seated at the back seats (luxury cars)
you enjoy some cars when you drive yourself (sport cars)

135 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Driving Vs. Being Driven: Which One Is More Convenient? by Yhemzie(m): 11:05pm On Apr 20, 2023
Depending on the distance, I prefer to drive myself if distance to be covered is short but if otherwise, I prefer to be driven. I do suffer body ache when I drive for long.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Driving Vs. Being Driven: Which One Is More Convenient? by lagusboyyy(m): 6:54pm On Apr 21, 2023
Obviously,being driven..
Driving is stressful.

58 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Driving Vs. Being Driven: Which One Is More Convenient? by Godsonkemz(m): 6:58am On Apr 22, 2023
It's more comfortable to be driven but it's safer for me to drive depending on the condition of the road, the driver's defensive driving ability and the traffic.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Driving Vs. Being Driven: Which One Is More Convenient? by Nazgul: 3:46pm On Apr 23, 2023
As a youth, I enjoy driving myself. It's an adventure of it's own.

Maybe when I reach 45 upwards, I'll start talking about being driven. But for now, I think there's much fun in driving.

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Driving Vs. Being Driven: Which One Is More Convenient? by Praktikals1000: 3:46pm On Apr 23, 2023
grin

1 Like

Re: Driving Vs. Being Driven: Which One Is More Convenient? by Houseofglam7(f): 3:47pm On Apr 23, 2023
Uhmmmmmmmm
Re: Driving Vs. Being Driven: Which One Is More Convenient? by Kobicove(m): 3:47pm On Apr 23, 2023
To a large extent it depends on the city...if you're in a city like Lagos being driven is definitely the better option

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Driving Vs. Being Driven: Which One Is More Convenient? by Phils: 3:47pm On Apr 23, 2023
If you can afford a good Driver, why stress yourself to drive. You get to drive in the evenings.

Depends on your type of activities too. Like I do receive a lot of calls and responds to messages in the course of my daily activities..and I equally needs to move around to support my Clients.

The few moments I am been driven, I can easily make calls and even fall into some short power naps that is deeply relaxing.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Driving Vs. Being Driven: Which One Is More Convenient? by AZUH: 3:48pm On Apr 23, 2023
A
Re: Driving Vs. Being Driven: Which One Is More Convenient? by toluleke(m): 3:48pm On Apr 23, 2023
Both

1 Like

Re: Driving Vs. Being Driven: Which One Is More Convenient? by MrBachelor: 3:48pm On Apr 23, 2023
Being driven is more convenient. But I'd rather drive myself.

3 Likes

Re: Driving Vs. Being Driven: Which One Is More Convenient? by mytime24(f): 3:48pm On Apr 23, 2023
Driving
Re: Driving Vs. Being Driven: Which One Is More Convenient? by ecolime(m): 3:48pm On Apr 23, 2023
For normal upcountry states, na driving sure pass.

But for Lagos wey get abnormal traffic, Being driven anyway, anytime.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Driving Vs. Being Driven: Which One Is More Convenient? by Jijkoko87(m): 3:49pm On Apr 23, 2023
They both have their charm

1 Like

Re: Driving Vs. Being Driven: Which One Is More Convenient? by meedoLock(m): 3:49pm On Apr 23, 2023
What about people like us who only have Keke?

Àbí we no be human being?
No be only car dey on the road ooo

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Driving Vs. Being Driven: Which One Is More Convenient? by id4sho(m): 3:50pm On Apr 23, 2023
Being driven

4 Likes

Re: Driving Vs. Being Driven: Which One Is More Convenient? by RoadMozart(m): 3:50pm On Apr 23, 2023
I spend more hours driving than being driven but whenever I'm being chauffeured around I wish it wouldn't stop. Driving yourself becomes boring on the long run

4 Likes

Re: Driving Vs. Being Driven: Which One Is More Convenient? by NamelessOGBENI(m): 3:50pm On Apr 23, 2023
I'll be back for this thread when I get my own car but for now, make I dey rock my trusted pair of legs in peace.

2 Likes

Re: Driving Vs. Being Driven: Which One Is More Convenient? by Princelumide: 3:50pm On Apr 23, 2023
Driving... Prefer this cos of safety reasons.
Na only myself I trust...
cool wink

18 Likes

Re: Driving Vs. Being Driven: Which One Is More Convenient? by Treassured: 3:50pm On Apr 23, 2023
Thee pleasure derived from being driving Is second to none. Most especially If you have a wonderful driver.

Personally I prefer to have a driver who will drive me around. Driving Is fun but can be very stressful at times regardless wether you have an Automatic/Manual vehicle. I have been there.

Anyone who Is familiar with Island/Lekki/Abuja etc will notice most Made People usually make use of DRIVERS. You will see the Bosses relaxing at the Owners seat doing other task while enjoying their rides.

6 Likes

Re: Driving Vs. Being Driven: Which One Is More Convenient? by akeentech(m): 3:50pm On Apr 23, 2023
Being driven is more enjoyable as man, the woman will be on top to be riding you while you enjoy the game…

7 Likes

Re: Driving Vs. Being Driven: Which One Is More Convenient? by davodyguy: 3:51pm On Apr 23, 2023
Is this supposed to be a question?
Re: Driving Vs. Being Driven: Which One Is More Convenient? by Blissful45(m): 3:51pm On Apr 23, 2023
Ok
Re: Driving Vs. Being Driven: Which One Is More Convenient? by FatimaAbubakar(f): 3:51pm On Apr 23, 2023
If it is a normal vehicle, I like being driven but if it is a bullion van, I'd prefer to drive it myself so I can comfortably park it inside my compound.

22 Likes

Re: Driving Vs. Being Driven: Which One Is More Convenient? by Billionaire2: 3:52pm On Apr 23, 2023
Driving 👍

no matter how good the driver is, I always feel like I’m superior..

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Driving Vs. Being Driven: Which One Is More Convenient? by hardbody: 3:52pm On Apr 23, 2023
Capitalresource:
As someone who loves to enjoy life and have a good time, I can tell you that the answer is clear: being driven is the way to go.

Sure, driving can be fun sometimes. There's something exhilarating about being in control of a powerful machine, cruising down the open road and blasting your favorite tunes on your stereo. But let's be real, how often does that actually happen? More often than not, driving is a stressful, time-consuming hassle that leaves you feeling drained and stressed out.

Being driven, on the other hand, is pure luxury. You get to sit back, relax, and let someone else do all the work. No more traffic jams, no more searching for parking spots, no more road rage. Instead, you can use that time to catch up on emails, read a book, or just take a nap. Plus, if you're lucky, your driver might even offer you a complimentary bottle of water or a snack.

Of course, there are some downsides to being driven. For one thing, it can be expensive. Hiring a private driver or using ride-sharing services can really add up over time. And if you're someone who likes to be in control, it can be hard to relinquish that power to someone else.

But for me, the convenience and comfort of being driven far outweigh the costs. I'd much rather arrive at my destination feeling relaxed and refreshed than stressed out and frazzled. Plus, if I'm being honest, I kind of like feeling like a VIP when I'm being chauffeured around town.

So, to wrap it up, if you're someone who values convenience, comfort, and a little bit of luxury, being driven is definitely the way to go. Just sit back, relax, and let someone else do the driving.

Differently, my driver only run sundry errands, I drive myself most times. I don't trust anyone on wheels the way I trust myself. It is what it is.
Re: Driving Vs. Being Driven: Which One Is More Convenient? by nedekid: 3:52pm On Apr 23, 2023
I prefer being driven. I think the older one gets, the more stressful it is to drive. Ofcourse I still drive, but if it involves any reasonable distance, omo, I use the driver make arthritis no injure persin.

5 Likes

Re: Driving Vs. Being Driven: Which One Is More Convenient? by GeneralPula: 3:52pm On Apr 23, 2023

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

7 Ways To Spot An Experienced Lagos Driver / Symptoms Of Water In A Car's Petrol Tank And Ways To Fix It / Elon Musk Reveals What Will Happen If TESLA Gets Hacked !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.