Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,231 members, 7,829,404 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:17 AM

Advice On Masters At An Italian University - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Advice On Masters At An Italian University (3574 Views)

need information on masters program / Your Take On Masters Degree In Malaysia / How Long Does It Take To Get An Italian Visa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice On Masters At An Italian University by nedostic: 11:00pm On May 05, 2010
I would implore any one on this forum to tell me more studying in italy for a masters programme.also,how does one go about authenticating his documents at the italian embassy here in nigeria. what about work opportunities for international students.meaningful contributions are needed.
Re: Advice On Masters At An Italian University by JagaJaga1: 12:19am On May 06, 2010
I thought you said you were going to Poland, abi you wan get admission for all the whole country before you decide the one wey you wan go

1 Like

Re: Advice On Masters At An Italian University by nedostic: 8:52am On May 06, 2010
@ jaga jaga, i am not here to exchange banters with anyone.all i want from great nairalanders in this forum is knowledge and experience sharing not just for me but also for others. i am only interested in meaningful contributions that would improve the lifes of those nigerians who have genuine reason(s) of schooling abroad.

Please more meaningful contributions from others are needed.lets share ideas.

1 Like

Re: Advice On Masters At An Italian University by justwise(m): 9:06am On May 06, 2010
nedostic:

@ jaga jaga, i am not here to exchange banters with anyone.all i want from great nairalanders in this forum is knowledge and experience sharing not just for me but also for others. i am only interested in meaningful contributions that would improve the lifes of those nigerians who have genuine reason(s) of schooling abroad.

Please more meaningful contributions from others are needed.lets share ideas.

Stop wasting pple's time here, if you are an agent trying to gather info for your customers then fine, so far you have applied for Msc in Estonia, Hungary, poland, luxembourgh and Italy. Who are u kidding?
Re: Advice On Masters At An Italian University by nedostic: 9:55am On May 06, 2010
@justwise, i am not an agent but just so curious on relevant information about these european countries, one should learn from others before taking any leap abroad.am doing this not for my own good alone but also for others as well.lets share information and knowledge rather than posting inciting and unwholesome remarks. i have got no time for trivialities. so only welcome great minds to share their ideas and experiences,
Re: Advice On Masters At An Italian University by justwise(m): 10:39am On May 06, 2010
nedostic:

@justwise, i am not an agent but just so curious on relevant information about these european countries, one should learn from others before taking any leap abroad.am doing this not for my own good alone but also for others as well.lets share information and knowledge rather than posting inciting and unwholesome remarks. i have got no time for trivialities. so only welcome great minds to share their ideas and experiences,

Don't expect me to tell you what u want to hear, the truth is bitter. If u were expecting me to tell how u can make it the moment u stepped out of Nigeria then think again, u can get those misleading info from the likes of  mikkyangel
Re: Advice On Masters At An Italian University by nedostic: 9:02pm On May 08, 2010
pls more contributions are welcomed.lets share experiences.
Re: Advice On Masters At An Italian University by neuro: 11:09pm On Jun 01, 2010
In shor simple steps:
1. Take your O'level & BSc certs (original and i thnk max of 3 copies each)to ministry of education in abuja, then ministry of foreign affairs. they will be confirmed & certified
2. Get them translated into Italian by an official translator.
3. Go to Italian consulate in Lagos and apply for legalization of docs. you will pay i thnk btw 70-100k depending on d number, and d places ur certs come from.
4. They will give u at least 3 months for collection. Before dt time a lawyer goes round all ur schools and investigates, then finally comes to ur residential ad too.
5.After, u get ur docs(photocopies) frm d consulate, stamped, signed,sealed, with a note of value declaration, valorie in loco
6. apply for admission in ur institution of choice. U cnt get admitted without these docs, esp if u r applyn 4 a funded prog.
U will also make an affidavit of age declaration, then get a birth cert frm national population commission. this also must go to d consulate wt ur credentials for legalization
if u r lucky then u r in italy.
But u nid a high dose of patience, Italian consulate in nigeria is one of d worst in d world, and iv been to quite a number.
I advise u dnt plan 2 work seriously for ur 1st year, when u will be struggling to adjust 2 a new environ, and d language. its dificult to get a job if u dnt ustand italian.
nt a bad country, like all of europe d global economic issue is making jobs very very dificult to find. but people survive, why wnt u?
if u must come , better u come as a student, and apply 4 a prog with
hopethis helps somehow
best wishes

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice On Masters At An Italian University by philip0906(m): 7:20am On Jun 02, 2010
^^
All these 2 go to italy? shocked shocked lipsrsealed
Re: Advice On Masters At An Italian University by JagaJaga1: 12:47pm On Jun 02, 2010
70-100K For legalization of docs. I think this price is ridiculous. Belgium embassy charges 10euros per legislation. I am thinking about applying to 2 european schools. I think they have the cheapest tuition fee and they are very expensive when it comes to just applying
Re: Advice On Masters At An Italian University by neuro: 1:06pm On Jun 02, 2010
well, i thnk my estimate is nt far frm d actual values, it's crazy really, very crazy. but it may nt be too much for a price for a purpose-driven migration
Re: Advice On Masters At An Italian University by JagaJaga1: 2:09pm On Jun 02, 2010
The only docs that the begium embassy wants a student to certify is only his Transcripts, which is about 4 pages. I also believe that the polish embassy also wants you to only certify your transcripts
Re: Advice On Masters At An Italian University by nedostic: 10:20pm On Jun 02, 2010
neuro, may i know if you are schoooling in italy?i need hard facts about th legalisation process at the italian embassy in lagos.
Re: Advice On Masters At An Italian University by neuro: 8:23am On Jun 03, 2010
Yes I am, i tot wt i gave u were hard facts, anyway i'm all ears
Re: Advice On Masters At An Italian University by MissyB1(m): 9:52am On Jun 03, 2010
neuro:

In shor simple steps:
1. Take your O'level & BSc certs (original and i thnk max of 3 copies each)to ministry of education in abuja, then ministry of foreign affairs. they will be confirmed & certified
2. Get them translated into Italian by an official translator.
3. Go to Italian consulate in Lagos and apply for legalization of docs. you will pay i thnk btw 70-100k depending on d number, and d places your certs come from.
4. They will give u at least 3 months for collection. Before dt time a lawyer goes round all your schools and investigates, then finally comes to your residential ad too.
5.After, u get your docs(photocopies) frm d consulate, stamped, signed,sealed, with a note of value declaration, valorie in loco
6. apply for admission in your institution of choice. U cnt get admitted without these docs, esp if u r applyn 4 a funded prog.
  U will also make an affidavit of age declaration, then get a birth cert frm national population commission. this also must go to d consulate wt your credentials for legalization
   if u r lucky then u r in italy.
  But u nid a high dose of patience, Italian consulate in nigeria is one of d worst in d world, and iv been to quite a number.
  I advise u dnt plan 2 work seriously for your 1st year, when u will be struggling to adjust 2 a new environ, and d language. its dificult to get a job if u dnt ustand italian.
  nt a bad country, like all of europe d global economic issue is making jobs very very dificult to find. but people survive, why wnt u?
if u must come , better u come as a student, and apply 4 a prog with
hopethis helps somehow
  best wishes
Yez!!!
Re: Advice On Masters At An Italian University by nedostic: 7:34pm On Jun 03, 2010
neuro, pls permit me to add u up as a friend o facebook or yahoo messenger.kindly give me ur facebook id n yahoo messenger.i want to chat with you. My yahoo addy is ned4christ@yahoo.com .where are u schooling in italy?pls let me know because i have been offered a masters admission at Tor Vergata Univeristy,Rome. i want to learn more about the place and visa issues.
Re: Advice On Masters At An Italian University by neuro: 8:01pm On Jun 03, 2010
@nedostic, i added u on yahoo and i sent u my id, im online almost 4eva( grin) though hidden,if u buzz me i'll connect, cheers
Re: Advice On Masters At An Italian University by Freestyle15: 6:39am On Jun 04, 2021
Please permit me to have a conversation with you regarding this

(1) (Reply)

Anyone With Quote For Cheap Airfare / Banned! 8 Things You Won't Find In China / Applying For Travel Loan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.