Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,339 members, 7,811,985 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:38 AM

Should The Hebrew Midwives Be Commended For Lying? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should The Hebrew Midwives Be Commended For Lying? (2332 Views)

TB Joshua’s Body Arrives Synagogue Church For Lying-in-state (photos) / US Court Orders Olukoya To Pay $7,320 To Sowore For Lying / How Did The Hebrew Women Deliver? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should The Hebrew Midwives Be Commended For Lying? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:05pm On Mar 29, 2018
Should the Hebrew midwives be commended for lying? Is it right to lie if it will result in saved lives?
Re: Should The Hebrew Midwives Be Commended For Lying? by Emmanystone: 12:24pm On Mar 29, 2018
OLAADEGBU:
Should the Hebrew midwives be commended for lying? Is it right to lie if it will result in saved lives?
How did the midwives lie?

Wait, what do you expect the midwives to say?

The Jewish women were strong enough to give birth without the help of the midwives, and especially because an edict has gone out that every male child shd be killed, you expected that i as an expecting mother will call in a midwife?

The truth was that, the midwives told the truth, the Hebrew women didn't need them, hence, they could hide the sex of their kids.

As far as i'm concerned, the

1 Like

Re: Should The Hebrew Midwives Be Commended For Lying? by Nobody: 1:58pm On Mar 29, 2018
I don't think the midwives lied. They said the truth the way it is
Re: Should The Hebrew Midwives Be Commended For Lying? by Gggg102(m): 7:28pm On Mar 29, 2018
Emmanystone:

The Jewish women were strong enough to give birth without the help of the midwives, and especially because an edict has gone out that every male child shd be killed, you expected that i as an expecting mother will call in a midwife?

The truth was that, the midwives told the truth, the Hebrew women didn't need them, hence, they could hide the sex of their kids.

asuustrike2009:

the more painful issue is that some people actually still believe the Hebrew women gave birth without midwives. cry
Re: Should The Hebrew Midwives Be Commended For Lying? by Emmanystone: 8:55pm On Mar 29, 2018
Gggg102:

the more painful issue is that some people actually still believe the Hebrew women gave birth without midwives. cry
How old are you pls? Get the know the world you are living in before you jump into stuff you know nothing about.
Oh wait, Could it becos it has to do with the Hebrews that you object against? Something is definitely wrong with atheism.
With my eyes i have witnessed 5 different women deliver their babies on their own without anyone's help.
I said witnessed, i was present. I couldn't help because i don't know how.

One was on a boat, we were travelling on the sea. The other was in the Park as she was going to the Hospital. the other one was my mother. The other one was a lady who had accommodation problem and had to stay with me for awhile. She just scouted on the floor and pushed her baby out. The other one was my aunty. All these women gave birth on their own before any other person came in.

Go and learn life and stop displaying your idiocy here.
Re: Should The Hebrew Midwives Be Commended For Lying? by Gggg102(m): 9:10am On Mar 30, 2018
Emmanystone:

How old are you pls? Get the know the world you are living in before you jump into stuff you know nothing about.
Oh wait, Could it becos it has to do with the Hebrews that you object against? Something is definitely wrong with atheism.
With my eyes i have witnessed 5 different women deliver their babies on their own without anyone's help.
I said witnessed, i was present. I couldn't help because i don't know how.

One was on a boat, we were travelling on the sea. The other was in the Park as she was going to the Hospital. the other one was my mother. The other one was a lady who had accommodation problem and had to stay with me for awhile. She just scouted on the floor and pushed her baby out. The other one was my aunty. All these women gave birth on their own before any other person came in.

Go and learn life and stop displaying your idiocy here.

people give birth on their own, nobody is saying otherwise.

the story that the Hebrew women in general gave birth without midwives was a lie told by the midwives to avoid killing the male children.
they assisted in delivery but they told the Pharaoh that the Hebrew women gave birth on their own.

1 Like

Re: Should The Hebrew Midwives Be Commended For Lying? by Emmanystone: 10:17am On Mar 30, 2018
Gggg102:

the story that the Hebrew women in general gave birth without midwives was a lie told by the midwives to avoid killing the male children.
they assisted in delivery but they told the Pharaoh that the Hebrew women gave birth on their own.
So if an edict is given by your village king that any male child delivered bybthe Midwife who suppervised the birth must kill the child, your village women will continue calling in the midwives abi?

Remember the midwives were Jewish who stands in peril of death if found that they lied to the Pharaoh. Use your head nah. Na wao for atheist oo.

1 Like

Re: Should The Hebrew Midwives Be Commended For Lying? by NosoChic: 11:18am On Mar 30, 2018
Gggg102:

This is true....if you read closely Exodus 1v 17 . The Hebrew midwives feared God and did not do what Pharaoh had commanded. They assisted in delivery but lied to Pharaoh that the women delivered before their arrival.

In our world today, I laugh when I hear women who insist on having vaginal delivery against medical counsel quoting Hebrew women who gave birth unaided.

1 Like

Re: Should The Hebrew Midwives Be Commended For Lying? by Gggg102(m): 1:07pm On Mar 31, 2018
Emmanystone:

So if an edict is given by your village king that any male child delivered bybthe Midwife who suppervised the birth must kill the child, your village women will continue calling in the midwives abi?

Remember the midwives were Jewish who stands in peril of death if found that they lied to the Pharaoh. Use your head nah. Na wao for atheist oo.

-the village women knew the midwives feared God so they had nothing to fear.

-the midwives feared God than they feared Pharaoh. they could have been put to death if Pharaoh found out that they were deliberately disobeying his orders so they lied because there was a possibility of the Pharaoh not finding out they lied.
or do you expect them to tell the Pharaoh directly that they choose to disobey him?

exodus 1:17
but the midwives feared God, and did not do as the king of Egypt commanded them, but let the male children live.

1. the Hebrew midwives feared God. so they could not kill as Pharaoh commanded.

2. the midwives let the male children live, which means they had opportunity to kill them which means they still assisted in childbirth which means the Hebrew women required midwives when giving birth.

exodus 1:18-21.
so the king of Egypt called the midwives, and said to them 'why have you done this and let the male children live? ' The midwives said to Pharaoh, 'because the Hebrew women are not like the Egyptian women; for they are vigorous and are delivered before the midwives come to them.' so God dealt well with the midwives; and the people multiplied and grew very strong. and because the midwives feared God he gave them families.

3. the Pharaoh suspected that the midwives where sparing the male children and asked them why.

4. the midwives told him they never got a chance to do as the Pharaoh had commanded because the Hebrew women gave birth before they arrived. although they had the chance to kill them but didn't because of the fear of God. so this means they lied to the Pharaoh to make it look like they never had access to the babies so couldn't kill them.
they lied so it wouldn't look like they disobeyed Pharaoh.
they lied to save their lives.

5. God blessed the midwives because they feared him and did not do as Pharaoh commanded. if they never had a chance to kill the babies in the first place, there would be no need for God's blessing. God blessed them because they could have done what Pharaoh said but they didn't. the same way God blessed Rahab for hiding the spies in her home. she could have exposed them, but she lied to the guards that she did not see the spies even though they were in her house, that's how God blessed the midwives for sparing the male children when they had the chance to kill them.
Re: Should The Hebrew Midwives Be Commended For Lying? by Nobody: 11:00pm On Mar 31, 2018
Gggg102:

They did.

My mum is an Hebrew woman of our time

We are 10 in numbers

She gave birth to us at home no midwives
Re: Should The Hebrew Midwives Be Commended For Lying? by Gggg102(m): 12:55pm On Apr 01, 2018
mcjibs22:

They did.

We are 10 in numbers

They didn't.

your mum is stronger than the average woman and could give birth to you without help. some people are like that.

the midwives lied to Pharaoh that the Hebrew women gave birth without midwives so that they wouldn't kill the male children.
Re: Should The Hebrew Midwives Be Commended For Lying? by NosoChic: 3:05pm On Apr 01, 2018
mcjibs22:

They did.

We are 10 in numbers

They didn't plus do make sure she goes for regular Cervical Cancer screening.
Re: Should The Hebrew Midwives Be Commended For Lying? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:35pm On Apr 02, 2018
Emmanystone:

They may or may not have lied. It might even be that they just withheld information.

Emmanystone:

They were actually rewarded for their works and not their words.

Emmanystone:

No.

Emmanystone:

Could it be that the midwives deliberately delayed their going to the Hebrew women before delivery?

Emmanystone:

You did not finish your sentence but I can assume your conclusion. smiley
Re: Should The Hebrew Midwives Be Commended For Lying? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:35pm On Apr 02, 2018
asuustrike2009:

Can you elaborate? undecided
Re: Should The Hebrew Midwives Be Commended For Lying? by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:51am On Jun 12, 2018
DAILY ⓂANNA
TUESDAY, JUNE 12, 2018

ON GOD'S SIDE

TEXT: EXODUS 1:15-22

KEY VERSE: "But the midwives feared God, and did not as the king of Egypt commanded them, but saved the men children alive" (Exodus 1:17).

In all ages, enemies are known to have plotted against the people of God. Although such hardened foes do not easily succumb, yet, God has always manifested His great power in the lives of people who truly trust Him to deliver them from all afflictions.

At this time because the Egyptians could not stop the growth of Israel through cruel slavery, they resorted to terminating the lives of all male children at birth. But their plot fell through, as the midwives decided to yield themselves as instruments of service in God's hands. And because they feared God, the midwives were blessed with families by Almighty God. The king of Egypt did not stop at that; he ordered that the newly born children should be thrown into the river and be drowned.

The heartless plans of the king of Egypt could not stop the plan of God in delivering the people of Israel from bondage. Despite his oppression and harsh edict, Moses miraculously escaped death and was even brought up in the king's house. The devil will stop at nothing to try to destroy a child of God, yet, he will never succeed.

Believers must not yield themselves as instruments of oppression against the children of God. We must, like the midwives, have the fear of God. It was not as if they were expecting any reward from God for saying 'No', to the devilish order from the king. We must, at all times, shun all forms of evil, cleave to what is good and endeavour to stand for what is right in the sight of God before all men.

Thought for the day: "God's counsel always prevails"

COVER to COVER: 1 Kings 7; 2 Chronicles 4.

BIBLE ACCOUNTS AS THEY OCCURRED

See more HERE:

(1) (Reply)

1975 - The Year The World Almost Ended / Say No To Religion! Science Is The Truth / The Evils Of Sharia - From A Muslim Perspective

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.