Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,068 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:48 AM

Using Casket For Burial In Islam - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Using Casket For Burial In Islam (15582 Views)

Bring TB. Joshua's Body Home For Burial - Ondo Youths Tell Family / Coffin ''Refuses'' To Enter Zambian Church Building For Burial (Photos) / What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Using Casket For Burial In Islam by Asquare84(m): 10:12am On Mar 30, 2018
Yesterday I read in social median about 11 soldiers killed in Benin gwari in Kaduna state and where buried.

On closer look at the name of the soldier I discovered they are mostly Muslims and about to be buried in a casket

That prompted my thought that other Muslim are buried with only with cloth why is it that our army personnel that died in active service are buried in casket and other Muslim are hurried in white cloth.

In need explanation cos I'm just curious to know

3 Likes

Re: Using Casket For Burial In Islam by midolian(m): 10:34am On Mar 30, 2018
I think I am interested in knowing Islamic ruling on this too..

Though there are people in places like kaduna with complete muslim names but are christians..

lalasticlala

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Using Casket For Burial In Islam by HoreFegure(m): 12:08pm On Mar 30, 2018
Booked.

Waiting to learn
Re: Using Casket For Burial In Islam by 0monnak0da: 12:08pm On Mar 30, 2018
What is a "MUSLIM" name ? Is there such a thing? Can you define "Muslim" name

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Using Casket For Burial In Islam by yeman1(m): 12:08pm On Mar 30, 2018
Lol grin
Re: Using Casket For Burial In Islam by MANNABBQGRILLS: 12:08pm On Mar 30, 2018
We learn everyday.
Wanna learn about this too.

I'm glad we don't have to accept 'Allah is God' on out signature before commenting this time.
We serve the same God I believe.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Using Casket For Burial In Islam by ogogoroNo1: 12:09pm On Mar 30, 2018
Good question
Re: Using Casket For Burial In Islam by Godsent4life: 12:09pm On Mar 30, 2018
I buy iTunes card for best rate any denomination
Re: Using Casket For Burial In Islam by doctimonyeka(m): 12:09pm On Mar 30, 2018
Op.. Blame buhari..

Everything is now changing... We are in chanji era...

Just accept it like that..I'm sure you voted for him as well..

5 Likes

Re: Using Casket For Burial In Islam by Houseofglam7(f): 12:09pm On Mar 30, 2018
I'll pitch my tent right here....even I wanna know.
Re: Using Casket For Burial In Islam by Nobody: 12:09pm On Mar 30, 2018
It is a lost course. The dead is dead,does it matter how it is buried? Lower the corpse to 6feet underground level and move away to continue with Life.

Idiomatically,my bible says,"Let the dead bury the dead" lipsrsealed
Re: Using Casket For Burial In Islam by matgold(m): 12:10pm On Mar 30, 2018
Ok
Re: Using Casket For Burial In Islam by Aquariann: 12:11pm On Mar 30, 2018
Theophilus Danjuma
Patrick Yakowa Ibrahim (late)
Yakubu Dogara
Yakubu Gowon

These are notable northern Nigerian persons but with (a mix of) typical northern Muslim names.

Secondly, they were about four or five priests blessing their casket/graves, which means they weren't even musljms to begin with

8 Likes

Re: Using Casket For Burial In Islam by Preator: 12:12pm On Mar 30, 2018
Praise be to Allaah.
There is no dispute among the scholars that it is makrooh to bury the deceased in a coffin if there is no need for that. If there is a need for that, such as if the ground is wet or there is the fear that he may be dug up by wild animals, then some of the fuqaha’ say that it is permissible to bury the deceased in a coffin in that case.
It says in Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah (2/312):
Putting the deceased in a coffin was unknown at the time of the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and the time of the Sahaabah (may Allaah be pleased with them), and the best for the Muslims is to follow their way. Hence it is makrooh to put the deceased in a coffin, whether the ground is hard, soft or wet. If the deceased left instructions that he be placed in a coffin, those instructions should not be carried out. The Shaafa’is said that it is permissible if the ground is soft or wet, but according to them such instructions should not be carried out except in such cases.”
Ibn Qudaamah said:
It is not recommended to bury the deceased in a coffin, because there is no report that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) or his companions did that, and it also involves imitating the people of this world. And the earth absorbs his remains better.
It says in al-Insaaf :
It is makrooh to bury the deceased in a coffin, even if the deceased is a woman. This was stated by Imam Ahmad.
Al-Sharbeeni, the Shaafa’i khateeb, said in his book
Mughni al-Muhtaaj :
It is makrooh to bury the deceased in a coffin according to scholarly consensus, because it is bid’ah (an innovation), unless the ground is wet or soft, in which case it is not makrooh because that serves a purpose. The deceased’s instructions should not be carried out except in this case. Similarly if the deceased has been burned by fire and cannot be carried except in a coffin.
In al-Mawsoo’ah al-Fiqhiyyah it says:
It is makrooh to bury the deceased in a coffin according to scholarly consensus because it is bid’ah, and his instructions to that effect should not be carried out. But it is not makrooh if that serves a purpose, such as if the deceased is burned and it is necessary to bury him in a coffin.
And Allaah knows best.

https://islamqa.info/en/34511

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Using Casket For Burial In Islam by SeniorZato(m): 12:13pm On Mar 30, 2018
Please if you didn't study Islam, don't talk about Islam
Re: Using Casket For Burial In Islam by FitArmy: 12:13pm On Mar 30, 2018
If u are here to read comments click like

20 Likes

Re: Using Casket For Burial In Islam by SirLakes: 12:15pm On Mar 30, 2018
Booked

No oath today shocked

1 Like

Re: Using Casket For Burial In Islam by iamgenius(m): 12:15pm On Mar 30, 2018
BismiLlaah, it's not permissible to use casket for the dead except there are reasons for that. Because there's no report that the Prophet(peace be upon him) use in to bury the Sahaabahs and the Sahaabahs didn't use it to bury the Prophet (peace be upon him).

Regarding the soldiers issue, if the funeral is to be conducted by the government, I think the government will just perform it in a non Islamic way.
And Allah knows best.

2 Likes

Re: Using Casket For Burial In Islam by NosoChic: 12:17pm On Mar 30, 2018
If we may be objecive here-some corpses of military men are often very disfigured-burnt or dismembered ; with only left over of their remains.

It may sit better to bury their remains in a casket!

3 Likes

Re: Using Casket For Burial In Islam by daomi(m): 12:19pm On Mar 30, 2018
Gani fawehimi was a practicing moslem but was buried with a casket and wasn't buried after 24 hrs. I think weeks can someone explain why
Re: Using Casket For Burial In Islam by blessedvisky(m): 12:22pm On Mar 30, 2018
SirLakes:
Booked

No oath today shocked
That's because Seun is working!! grin

1 Like

Re: Using Casket For Burial In Islam by san316(m): 12:24pm On Mar 30, 2018
Eheeen!!! Always thought about this. Where are the students of knowledge.
Re: Using Casket For Burial In Islam by KingsleyCEO: 12:24pm On Mar 30, 2018
Casket or no casket all of those stuff don't matter to the dead... In fact, if you like don't even bury them they still don't care.

God bless the dead!

4 Likes

Re: Using Casket For Burial In Islam by Shroud: 12:25pm On Mar 30, 2018
Caskets were 9 , fallen soldier 11. Where did two bodies go?

2 Likes

Re: Using Casket For Burial In Islam by talk2percy(m): 12:28pm On Mar 30, 2018
post=66284656:
We learn everyday.

I'm glad we don't have to accept 'Allah is God' on out signature before commenting this time.
Lol bros o I tire, to God almighty I tire. Even I dey take one eye dey look any thread that has Islam undertone to it, because small question wey u go ask like this, them don block u claiming u broke a rule by insulting and harassing a nairalander. Bros I shock, I shock for one month come dey think am, I come dey even reason wether nah Buubuu get this nairaland. And wetin be the question, what isn't haram in Islam!!! E don finish oh! Kai!
Re: Using Casket For Burial In Islam by temblor1(m): 12:29pm On Mar 30, 2018
You should be more about the use of ENGLISH LANGUAGE.
Re: Using Casket For Burial In Islam by Nobody: 12:29pm On Mar 30, 2018
I think the Muslim ones were eventually removed from the casket and buried after the whole military funeral charade.

1 Like

Re: Using Casket For Burial In Islam by talk2percy(m): 12:30pm On Mar 30, 2018
daomi:
Gani fawehimi was a practicing moslem but was buried with a casket and wasn't buried after 24 hrs. I think weeks can someone explain why
are u kidding me, tell me sth!??
Re: Using Casket For Burial In Islam by ColdSun: 12:30pm On Mar 30, 2018
post=66284656]We learn everyday.

We serve the same God I believe.[/quote]

[quote author=SirLakes
:
Booked

No oath today shocked

That's because the topic wasn't posted in the Islamic section. You know the religion section is divided into the Christian and Islam parts.
Re: Using Casket For Burial In Islam by talk2percy(m): 12:32pm On Mar 30, 2018
SeniorZato:
Please if you didn't study Islam, don't talk about Islam
I have spotted one...

1 Like

Re: Using Casket For Burial In Islam by Emusan(m): 12:34pm On Mar 30, 2018
post=66284656:
We learn everyday.

If you and Muslims are serving the same God, why don't you gladly accept the Islamic oath on their section?

1 Like

Re: Using Casket For Burial In Islam by mysteriousman(m): 12:38pm On Mar 30, 2018
Op pls its Birnin Gwari

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Church All Night Will Not Allow Me Sleep / 10 Ways To Underatanding The Voice Of God / God's Role In Choice Of A Life Partner And Marriage For Christians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.