Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,198 members, 7,818,659 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:06 PM

8 Reasons To Reject A Job Offer - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 8 Reasons To Reject A Job Offer (10809 Views)

Do Recruiters Reject A Candidate Because Of Location? / What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? / How To Reject An Employment Offer After Initially Accepting It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

8 Reasons To Reject A Job Offer by magazineguy(m): 10:42am On Mar 30, 2018
It is true that there are no jobs, the market is stiff and the pay might not be what you expected. But the truth is that there are companies, both established and startups, that are aggressively in need of experienced hands to work with. Then again, it is not all organizations that have your best interest at heart. Some are majorly time wasters.

Here are tips to avoid being caught in the bad job/situation mess at.

– Walk away if they won’t tell you what the job pays. Most times they want to see how desperate how you are for a job. Are you willing to take anything? How low are you willing to grovel for an offer? If they expect you to wait for an offer before you know whether or not the salary will work for you, then that job is not right for you.

– If they have no regard or courtesy towards your time spent on interviews. They expect you to show up for interviews at their own time and request without considering if the time allocated works in your favour or not. Just walk away. If they treat you that way without offering you a job, be rest assured you will be treated worse when you resume.

– If there is no clarity concerning work related questions you asked, then they are being shady with the work they do. Be wary.

– What sort of job offer would you have if you don’t know what the job entails or who you answer to and no one else in the organisation knows these same answers? It’s not the perfect fit for you.

– Before you take on a new role, there is already an attached salary to that position you are hoping to fill. If your recruiter is persistent on knowing how much you earn, even though it’s obviously not comfortable to you, then give them a range. If that doesn’t suffice, it’s not your perfect fit. There is no law stating that your employer must know how much you earn before an offer is given.

– If there is no physical structure that represents the organization or its employers, then it’s possibly a sham.

– Don’t be desperate to start work when you don’t have all the info required for the role. Like starting the job without pay with a possibility of being paid in the near future. There should be some sort of clarity to that effect. Don’t be the person to say how high when they say jump. Have respect for yourself and what you bring to the table.

– Finally, your instincts are your best decision makers. If you have that tingly feeling that something isn’t right, then it isn’t. Go with your guts.

You might have to walk away from six, eight or 10 opportunities to find one that’s right for you. That’s OK! The more doors you slam, the sooner you’ll find a great job that deserves your talents.

source; http://tushmagazine.com.ng/8-reasons-reject-job-offer/

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Reasons To Reject A Job Offer by gidi365: 1:03pm On Mar 30, 2018
UpdateD: 10 Reasons You Should Turn Down That Job Offer

Source: https://gidicloud.com/forum/3655-8-reasons-you-should-turn-down-that-job-offer
Re: 8 Reasons To Reject A Job Offer by Temibabie(f): 1:03pm On Mar 30, 2018
Ok
Re: 8 Reasons To Reject A Job Offer by yungmayor02(m): 1:04pm On Mar 30, 2018
Re: 8 Reasons To Reject A Job Offer by kidman96(m): 1:05pm On Mar 30, 2018
MY ADVISE TO US JOB SEEKERS IS TO TAKE THE JOB FIRST AND THEN DECIDE TO REMAIN OR QUIT.

THIS ECONOMY IS TOO HARD FOR YOU TO TURN DOWN A JOB WITHOUT TAKING A LEAP.

7 Likes

Re: 8 Reasons To Reject A Job Offer by sunbbo(m): 1:08pm On Mar 30, 2018
Nice.

Apply for Meristem Security Limited Latest Job Recruitment (7 Positions)

Meristem Securities Limited is a leading capital market conglomerate regulated by Security and Exchange Commission (SEC) with up to date market information to grow wealth in good time, and in an atmosphere of transparency. We offering investment management and financial advisory services to our clients. Meristem Security Limited Latest Job Recruitment (7 Positions) as follows;

1.) Operations and Accounts Officer (Fund Accountant)

Click Here To View Details

2.) Business Development Executive

3.) Mutual Funds Officer

4.) Operations Officer

Slot: 2

5.) Wealth Advisor

6.) Graduate Compliance & Legal Officer

7.) Trust Associate

Application Closing Date: Not Specified.

Source: http://meristemng.osclass.com/
Re: 8 Reasons To Reject A Job Offer by Krafty006: 1:08pm On Mar 30, 2018
where are the jobs .....shoe biz, learn shoemaking , become independent, https://www.nairaland.com/4405075/new-designs
Re: 8 Reasons To Reject A Job Offer by eluquenson(m): 1:12pm On Mar 30, 2018
Thanks for the info
Re: 8 Reasons To Reject A Job Offer by Originalsly: 1:24pm On Mar 30, 2018
Pretty much on point...except the second one. Employers do not need to consider your time nor circumstances. They set the date and time for interviews..... days and hours of work.... and what is required of you. It is on you to know if you can fulfill the requirements...if you can't. ..why even apply?
The other points are soo relevant....sooo many people accept jobs.... not knowing their salary...nor when they will be paid. ... but keep showing month after month hoping that one day...the employer would see their situation and release the salary. The employer already knew the situation.... that you are a slave...voluntary slave.

1 Like

Re: 8 Reasons To Reject A Job Offer by jashar(f): 2:00pm On Mar 30, 2018
I should never have taken my current job...

2 Likes

Re: 8 Reasons To Reject A Job Offer by Brightgem(f): 2:09pm On Mar 30, 2018
Yes. Very true. After leaving my recent job last quarter of last year, decided I needed better standards, have said NO to many offers, because I have decided its time to know my worth, 4 plus years experience and still adding skills, then some organisations will think they can do anyhow... Know ur skills, know its worth, ur years of experience. Too many organisations out to take advantage of people. Only fresh graduates would jump at offers, I did before, I accepted 25k job but now I will not even take 80k, for the experience, it could work for a fresh graduate, but not later in life.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 8 Reasons To Reject A Job Offer by Gkemz: 2:13pm On Mar 30, 2018
kidman96:
MY ADVISE TO US JOB SEEKERS IS TO TAKE THE JOB FIRST AND THEN DECIDE TO REMAIN OR QUIT.

THIS ECONOMY IS TOO HARD FOR YOU TO TURN DOWN A JOB WITHOUT TAKING A LEAP.

I support you bro. Never underestimate your little beginning. A little drop of water makes an ocean and there's no harm in trying. Experience still counts.
Many graduates out of ego have rejected offers and chose to be idle. That's not a good idea except one wants to be self employed.

1 Like

Re: 8 Reasons To Reject A Job Offer by kalu61(m): 2:25pm On Mar 30, 2018
Akuko, is it when there are PhD holders who a waiting to grab the offer even an no cost. Use wisdom. You just have to know the time to take what is given and when to reject what is given.

1 Like

Re: 8 Reasons To Reject A Job Offer by Nobody: 2:27pm On Mar 30, 2018
jashar:

Me too. What do you do?
Re: 8 Reasons To Reject A Job Offer by kalu61(m): 2:35pm On Mar 30, 2018
jashar:
I should never have takepleasen my current job...
Please bring the job provided is no washing somebody's pant and bra
Re: 8 Reasons To Reject A Job Offer by Nobody: 2:50pm On Mar 30, 2018
Brightgem:
Yes. Very true. After leaving my recent job last quarter of last year, decided I needed better standards, have said NO to many offers, because I have decided its time to know my worth, 4 plus years experience and still adding skills, then some organisations will think they can do anyhow... Know ur skills, know its worth, ur years of experience. Too many organisations out to take advantage of people. Only fresh graduates would jump at offers, I did before, I accepted 25k job but now I will not even take 80k, for the experience, it could work for a fresh graduate, but not later in life.

angry angry angry

☣ ☠

What do you do for a living?

☣ ☠
Re: 8 Reasons To Reject A Job Offer by Brightgem(f): 2:55pm On Mar 30, 2018
OrestesDante:

angry angry angry

☣ ☠

What do you do for a living?

☣ ☠
Haahahaaaha! Why that face! Well legit stuff. Lets sum it up as Multi-media Practitioner.
Re: 8 Reasons To Reject A Job Offer by uckennety(m): 6:09pm On Mar 30, 2018
I was invited for interview with Grubbix catering yaba lagos

My people the were asking me my pay range yet no offer
As i pass the interview for the second interview that was scheduled at 3pm

My people i came 1:45pm My
Can you imagine at as 4:15pm
Interviewer is not around yet

I just wished the other guys Goodluck and i left

No regrets

You booked an interview and your not around
Please am not begging for a job

Keep to time
If you treat me like this as an applicant

How will you treat me as an employee

1 Like

Re: 8 Reasons To Reject A Job Offer by bigblackbooty(f): 6:36pm On Mar 30, 2018
Applied for a teaching job recently.. I was put on one week probation.. After the one week probation.. They told me to resume wit them but I'll be on anoda one week probation.. Still haven't said anything abt salary.... Damn I'm going no whr..
Re: 8 Reasons To Reject A Job Offer by Seytex: 7:21pm On Mar 30, 2018
wish I had read this three months ago. That company wouldn't have succeeded in wasting my time. most companies out there are taking advantage of the fact that there are no jobs to rob graduates of their precious time. which way Nigeria?
Re: 8 Reasons To Reject A Job Offer by Seytex: 7:26pm On Mar 30, 2018
jashar:
Dont know the nature of the job but I can feel your pain. I had to willing resign from where I work after three months of no pay only to know that previous staffs that left were owed six good months.
Re: 8 Reasons To Reject A Job Offer by Chrisjane(f): 8:32pm On Mar 30, 2018
What should be done when a prospective employer is asking for your current salary and requesting for a pay slip for the last three months?
Re: 8 Reasons To Reject A Job Offer by jashar(f): 8:32pm On Mar 30, 2018
kalu61:
Please bring the job provided is no washing somebody's pant and bra

Be careful what you wish for darling... Be careful.
Re: 8 Reasons To Reject A Job Offer by jashar(f): 8:32pm On Mar 30, 2018
Seytex:

Dont know the nature of the job but I can feel your pain. I had to willing resign from where I work after three months of no pay only to know that previous staffs that left were owed six good months.

Hmm....
Re: 8 Reasons To Reject A Job Offer by jashar(f): 8:33pm On Mar 30, 2018
ceeroh:

Me too. What do you do?

My dear... That's the big question.
Re: 8 Reasons To Reject A Job Offer by kalu61(m): 3:23am On Mar 31, 2018
jashar:

Be careful what you wish for darling... Be careful.
haha, survival series. Anything goes for now. You no go understand sha
Re: 8 Reasons To Reject A Job Offer by Nobody: 7:41am On Mar 31, 2018
jashar:

My dear... That's the big question.

So obvious it's a one man business where most employees don't even know their job description. It is well
Re: 8 Reasons To Reject A Job Offer by jashar(f): 12:23pm On Mar 31, 2018
ceeroh:

So obvious it's a one man business where most employees don't even know their job description. It is well

You got that right... No structure, nothing...

Amen
Re: 8 Reasons To Reject A Job Offer by jashar(f): 12:26pm On Mar 31, 2018
kalu61:
haha, survival series. Anything goes for now. You no go understand sha

Sincerely, that's a wrong mindset. I know what it means to be without a job. Trust me, I didn't have a job for 2 years after NYSC.

Wish yourself well. After all the people with choice and structured jobs don't have 2 heads.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Should I Take This Sales Job? / Silverbird Is Now Recruiting / Nimc Customer Care Officer Position Applicants Lets Keep In Touch Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.