Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,469 members, 7,812,438 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:22 PM

My Car Goes Off For Several Times If The Engine Is Cool - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Car Goes Off For Several Times If The Engine Is Cool (1095 Views)

My Toyota Highlander Goes Off After A Refill / My Honda EOD Won't Start If The Car Goes Through Erosion / Samson Switchblade,World's 1st 2-Seater Flying Sports Car Goes On Sale Next Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Car Goes Off For Several Times If The Engine Is Cool by Nobody: 11:41am On Mar 31, 2018
my dear people, may una helep me.

my car goes off severally when I start in the morning. But it retains ignition only after starting it for a tenth time or thereabout. Also, after driving around and car is left for 3 hours straight. it goes off for like 3 times after starting it.
the car is a Toyota corolla hatch '93

ikenna351
marpol
Thank you
Re: My Car Goes Off For Several Times If The Engine Is Cool by jupiterz: 11:14am On Apr 01, 2018
it might be faulty cold starting cable.... consult a good rewiyer or mechanic.

1 Like

Re: My Car Goes Off For Several Times If The Engine Is Cool by Nobody: 2:11pm On Apr 03, 2018
jupiterz:
it might be faulty cold starting cable.... consult a good rewiyer or mechanic.

Thank you
Re: My Car Goes Off For Several Times If The Engine Is Cool by autologic: 2:32pm On Apr 03, 2018
jupiterz:
it might be faulty cold starting cable....
consult a good rewiyer or mechanic.
Let learn to call device by their proper name .na only cold start ,what about hot start switch grin
Re: My Car Goes Off For Several Times If The Engine Is Cool by autologic: 2:36pm On Apr 03, 2018
jupiterz:
I will advice you to avoid kazeems(rewire) like plague to avoid abuse of your car wiring system
Get a knowledgeable technician to diagnose the issue first.
Re: My Car Goes Off For Several Times If The Engine Is Cool by erico2k2(m): 7:52pm On Apr 03, 2018
jupiterz:
|Rewire ke? those cut and join people.avoid them like a plague
Re: My Car Goes Off For Several Times If The Engine Is Cool by sultaan(m): 9:10pm On Apr 03, 2018
Add a bottle of fuel injector cleaner to a full tank of fuel and see what happens
Re: My Car Goes Off For Several Times If The Engine Is Cool by thebigkendo(m): 9:26pm On Apr 03, 2018
sultaan:
Add a bottle of fuel injector cleaner to a full tank of fuel and see what happens

Do those things work?
Re: My Car Goes Off For Several Times If The Engine Is Cool by sultaan(m): 4:14am On Apr 04, 2018
I good technician will have to check his fuel rail pressure. Before fixing the car. I think his fuel injector is dirty and staying open so when he stops the engine the fuel line pressure leaks into the cylinder and he has to cycle his fuel pump a couple of times before he gets enough fuel to start the engine.

When the car is warm there is still enough pressure in the fuel lines to start.

OO you can test this theory by cycling the key a couple of times (10) to prime the lines before starting if the car starts immediately then it confirm fuel leak, but someone could have serviced the fuel lines e and it might breaking outside into the engine bay which is what usually cause those car fires.

If OP smells fuel anywhere around the car fix it before it burns down

(1) (Reply)

BMW 3 Series / BREAKING: China Invents Bus That Runs Without Fuel And Emits Drinkable Water / The Toyota Car That Will NOT Die!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.