Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,490 members, 7,816,158 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:50 AM

My Toyota Highlander Goes Off After A Refill - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Toyota Highlander Goes Off After A Refill (30412 Views)

When A Car Dealer Or Seller Say You Need To Refill The AC. / How Often Do You Refill Your AC Gas? / How Do I Refill Or Charge Fire Extinguisher? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Toyota Highlander Goes Off After A Refill by concho(m): 10:57am On Apr 27, 2023
Please help me brothers
My Toyota Highlander 2003 goes off after a refill .

Each time I finish buying fuel and turn on my ignition, it goes off once I try driving out of the filling station .

It happens almost immediately I turn on my AC

What could be the problem brothers ??

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Toyota Highlander Goes Off After A Refill by oglalasioux(m): 11:03am On Apr 27, 2023
Dirty tank. During refill the dirt at the bottom of the tank is stirred up and is not settled by the time you start the car.

Consider bringing the tank down for washing and change the pump filters.

266 Likes 11 Shares

Re: My Toyota Highlander Goes Off After A Refill by Angrygoat: 10:39pm On Apr 27, 2023
Ah ah ah
Abubu abubu
Abubu abubu

No need to bring down tank,if your car is the type that fuel pump can be accessed from passengers seat. Tel them to remove the pump assembly,suck out all the fuel using a hose. Pour the fuel into a bucket and inspect if water settles at rhe bottom. Also check the fuel pump,water might have gotten into it. Its doing overheating,yourfuel pump. Most filling stations sell water mixed with fuel as fuel. Naija is dead

69 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Toyota Highlander Goes Off After A Refill by olumzzz(m): 8:38am On Apr 28, 2023
concho:
Please help me brothers

Each time I finish buying fuel and turn on my ignition, it goes off once I try driving out of the filling station .

Oga scan your car first, it can as well just be a purge valve issue.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Toyota Highlander Goes Off After A Refill by concho(m): 11:30pm On Apr 28, 2023
olumzzz:

Oga scan your car first, it can as well just be a purge valve issue.
How much does it cost please ?
Re: My Toyota Highlander Goes Off After A Refill by olumzzz(m): 12:34am On Apr 29, 2023
concho:
To scan?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Toyota Highlander Goes Off After A Refill by concho(m): 6:25am On Apr 29, 2023
olumzzz:

To scan?
yes bro
Re: My Toyota Highlander Goes Off After A Refill by olumzzz(m): 7:52am On Apr 29, 2023
concho:
yes bro
There's no general price. It's mechanic dependent.
Though you can buy a portable scanner for yourself for 15k or less.

15 Likes

Re: My Toyota Highlander Goes Off After A Refill by SultanOfAbia: 2:10pm On Apr 29, 2023
Has anyone noticed
How that fuel thing looks like long prick
The way those girls carry it and chook inside car
I love watching it entering inside the hole of the car kiss
Reminds me of the way I put it inside Kemi

Naso one fine babe attendant put that fuel stick inside my car.
I just dey imagine how my long stick go enter her fuel tank.

The way she dey handle am, she go get experience well well.

God bless all the fine fuel attendants.

23 Likes 10 Shares

Re: My Toyota Highlander Goes Off After A Refill by nurey(m): 2:10pm On Apr 29, 2023
And admin actually brought this thread to front page.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Toyota Highlander Goes Off After A Refill by Helpfromabove1(m): 2:10pm On Apr 29, 2023
Scanning your car first is the right thing to do

I have the same experience some weeks ago

I drove into a filling station in lekki to get fuel after getting the fuel, I start the car and then it goes off and I start again it goes off

Road side mechanic was about to use my car for practical before I insisted on tolling it to my mechanic were it was scanned the scanning tool gave a code and when the code was googled it and discovered that it was just a fuse working with the air flow meter sensor that is the issue

The road side mechanic is already saying

It’s the fuel pump
It’s the nozzle that is dirty
Your fuel tank is the problem
Na vacuum link e.t.c

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Toyota Highlander Goes Off After A Refill by sukkot: 2:10pm On Apr 29, 2023
fuel pump is weak
Re: My Toyota Highlander Goes Off After A Refill by TemplarLandry: 2:12pm On Apr 29, 2023
There's debris stuck in the fuel pump.
Tell your mechanic to wash it, or replace it.
My ex' Ford SUV had that malfunction too.

1 Like

Re: My Toyota Highlander Goes Off After A Refill by pinkyruledworld(m): 2:13pm On Apr 29, 2023
I no get moto
Re: My Toyota Highlander Goes Off After A Refill by Abusadiq01(m): 2:13pm On Apr 29, 2023
Shaaa... I never buy car... Na weitin I dey plan use my internship money do be dat... Get married, build house and buy car... So help me God

6 Likes

Re: My Toyota Highlander Goes Off After A Refill by Nobody: 2:14pm On Apr 29, 2023
Water filling station

2 Likes

Re: My Toyota Highlander Goes Off After A Refill by phemmyfour: 2:16pm On Apr 29, 2023
concho:
Please help me brothers

scan it first...probably dirty tank or alternator
Re: My Toyota Highlander Goes Off After A Refill by LARRYOBRAIN(m): 2:17pm On Apr 29, 2023
Wetin me go talk, me wey no get car πŸ˜’
Re: My Toyota Highlander Goes Off After A Refill by blaquebelle: 2:17pm On Apr 29, 2023
nurey:
And admin actually brought this thread to front page.
Perhaps someone else could learn from it.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Toyota Highlander Goes Off After A Refill by EkoErrands: 2:18pm On Apr 29, 2023
concho:
Please help me brothers

Na EVAP purge valve don spoil. Change your EVAP purge valve solenoid ....scan the car 1st to be sure

6 Likes

Re: My Toyota Highlander Goes Off After A Refill by AsomStructures: 2:18pm On Apr 29, 2023
Dirty tank could cause it.... Also change pump filters..
See our just concluded 3bedroom bungalow construction if you're about starting your building project.. Link in my signature. Plus we offer building designs and construction services nationwide

1 Like

Re: My Toyota Highlander Goes Off After A Refill by IslamIsIdiotic: 2:18pm On Apr 29, 2023
I also drive a 2003 Highlander and last time I did scanning in 2021, I paid 8k.

concho:

1 Like

Re: My Toyota Highlander Goes Off After A Refill by Bouncin(m): 2:19pm On Apr 29, 2023
Sell it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Toyota Highlander Goes Off After A Refill by FireUpNow(m): 2:19pm On Apr 29, 2023
Meet your mechanic or visit youtube and find out

1 Like

Re: My Toyota Highlander Goes Off After A Refill by Officialmrt: 2:22pm On Apr 29, 2023
simfrost90210:
my fear is not about BAT being sworn in as the President come May 29th as nothing good is expected from him.. What's mind boggling is the fact that his vice is a terrorist and his death (BAT death) is by the corner and when he passes, it's automatically a terrorist that'll be acting in his place and sworn in later on..
Start envisioning what Nigeria will become from that very moment of BAT's demise, it'll be like the great tribulation the Bible has talked about which many will be sunk in its ocean..
You need your brain to be checked on....foolish mofo,how is this your gibberish related to the thread.....oloshi oponu
Think, Oh ye Nairalanders!!!
Re: My Toyota Highlander Goes Off After A Refill by Officialmrt: 2:22pm On Apr 29, 2023
simfrost90210:
my fear is not about BAT being sworn in as the President come May 29th as nothing good is expected from him.. What's mind boggling is the fact that his vice is a terrorist and his death (BAT death) is by the corner and when he passes, it's automatically a terrorist that'll be acting in his place and sworn in later on..
Start envisioning what Nigeria will become from that very moment of BAT's demise, it'll be like the great tribulation the Bible has talked about which many will be sunk in its ocean..

You need your brain to be checked on....foolish mofo,how is this your gibberish related to the thread.....oloshi oponu
Re: My Toyota Highlander Goes Off After A Refill by Peppysco: 2:22pm On Apr 29, 2023
simfrost90210:

A child of doom. Tinubu is going to live longer than you, know that. I don't know why you lots will hate another human so much due to different political ideologies such that you'll wish death upon him. You guys are so terrible, I swear.

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

See How The Range Rover Has Evolved Over The Years / Car Owners And Experts Can You Tell If A Vehicle Had Accident In The Past? / How Can I Confirm If A Car Is Not Stolen Before Purchase

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.