Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,724 members, 7,809,752 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:18 PM

What's Your Favorite Rock Band? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / What's Your Favorite Rock Band? (1974 Views)

Nigerian Rock Band " 1 Last Autograph" Releases New Single / Nigeria Has A New Rock Band! Yes! Rock! / Looking To Form A Rock Band (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's Your Favorite Rock Band? by Ruq: 1:11pm On May 06, 2010
I didn't know we had lot of listeners of rock in naija untill i saw a thread about rock. but now i found out that a lot of them like christian Rock bands but for me this are my fav bands

THERE'S NOT LIKE

LINKIN PARK
STAIND
ALL AMERICAN REJECTS
LIMP BIZKIT
GUNS N' ROSES
PAPA ROACH
OASIS

THEY ARE LOTS MORE BUT THIS BANDS I DO A FOLLOW UP WITH THEM AND FOR SLOW ROCK

COLD PLAY
3 DOORS DOWN
AVRIL LAVIGNE
ONE REPUBLIC.

ALOT OF GIRLS DON'T LIKE HARD ROCK I WONDER WHY.

PLS DROP YOUR FAV BANDS SO I CAN EXPLORE!
Re: What's Your Favorite Rock Band? by Rocktation(f): 2:18am On May 07, 2010
Boy you passed the wrong joint! I'm HEAVY through and through and i only listen to other genres for the sake of fulfilling all righteousness. I will never ever ever get enough of System of a down, Avenge Sevenfold, Rise against, Chivelle, Disturbed, Marilyn Manson, Ozzy Osbourne, Godsmack, 30 secs to Mars and Finger eleven. For punk, i lovvve Simple plan. For grunge - Nirvana, Nickelback and Daughtry (i'm really loving this baldy right now). For gothic - Just Meatloaf (Don't even want to hear Amy Lee). For Indie - White Stripes. For rockabilly - Rascal flatts & Gavin Degraw. For emo - My Chemical Romance and Fall Out Boy. For opera, i've ears for Nightwish only. Whenever i'm sober enough, i give room for christian bands like Switchfoot, Mercy me and Flyleaf. Don't even need to mention names for alternative. Cos it's like this genre's created specially for convincing non-rockbuffs that rock is great. So i guess all the bands that do this are great but pathetic for us, real buffs.
Re: What's Your Favorite Rock Band? by Brisingr(m): 4:38am On May 07, 2010
Nickelback. Three days grace.
Re: What's Your Favorite Rock Band? by Ruq: 3:54pm On May 07, 2010
Rocktation men you really like rock ooh! Ya i listen to those bands too but i dont follow up thanks
Re: What's Your Favorite Rock Band? by Rocktation(f): 4:36pm On May 07, 2010
You have no idea. You should meet some galfriends of mine. Plus, you seem like one who listens to only rock songs that manage to make a countdown, like Rick Dees's. It's great anyway but you should broaden your horizon.
Re: What's Your Favorite Rock Band? by Ruq: 10:15pm On May 07, 2010
My horizon is broadened but i really like your kind because most people i meet tell me they only listen to soft rock but me i listen to all sub genres of rock. U2,The Rasmus,Korn,Slipknot,Goo goo dolls,Metallica. And so much more. I'm thinkin of havin a band but i dont know how to play any instrument. But am gonna do it still. Thanks
Re: What's Your Favorite Rock Band? by librangyps(f): 11:42pm On May 16, 2010
@roctation, with all this rock u listen to, no wonder u ar suicidal, devil music, im out
Re: What's Your Favorite Rock Band? by Ruq: 4:13am On May 17, 2010
Suicidal?? shockedshocked
Re: What's Your Favorite Rock Band? by librangyps(f): 7:07am On May 17, 2010
@RUG, i know roctation in person, an hermaphrodite i gave counsel, lol shocked
Re: What's Your Favorite Rock Band? by Nobody: 5:36pm On May 17, 2010
I don't really have favourite bands, just songs smiley
Re: What's Your Favorite Rock Band? by Rocktation(f): 5:56pm On May 17, 2010
This chick practically strings a guitar alongside Korn, up in her room. And now she talks about the devil. Weird.
Re: What's Your Favorite Rock Band? by Nobody: 6:09pm On May 17, 2010
Kate Bush
Radiohead
Metric
Modest Mouse
Re: What's Your Favorite Rock Band? by mbulela: 1:48am On May 18, 2010
Nothing heavy, these two are my favourite.

KEANE
U2.

In my view, a live performance of Keane is one of the best piece of music you can ever find.simply breathless.
Re: What's Your Favorite Rock Band? by Ruq: 1:58am On May 18, 2010
Wait till you hear linkin Park Or Papa Roach!
Re: What's Your Favorite Rock Band? by ajekpaks(m): 9:34pm On May 18, 2010
You see its not my fault atall that I'm just beginning to know rock songs, the area (ghetto) where I stay it takes years to get to know things that have been In circulation grin grin grin, and mennnn, Well I got hooked unto rock recently, and I tell you, Three doors down - here without you, Nickelback - If today, Linkin Park - Encore/Apologize(I only got to know recently that these are examples of rock, I've been hearing them for some time now), and my best band: Cold play, "Fix you" is constantly on replay in my phone, others like Lost, the Scientist, Viva la vida etc. are just awesome,

Now as an "upcoming Rock fan" any suggestions as to which other bands that are good too like these' uns? I even only just knew that there were different types of rock i.e soft, hard, metals nd liquids grin grin

and also links to dowloads would be more than appreciated, Thanks
Re: What's Your Favorite Rock Band? by mbulela: 11:29pm On May 18, 2010
^^^^
If you loved ColdPlay then check out KEANE.
preferably their first two albums; Under the Iron Sea and Hopes and Fears
Re: What's Your Favorite Rock Band? by Ruq: 11:55pm On May 18, 2010
@ajepaks If you like coldplay then you should listen to - what if. As for me to i stay in a ghetto so it took so long for me to discover rock. But you sound like someone who likes soft rock you should listen to Nivarna,ALL AMERICAN REJECTS,MUSE,DEAD BY SUNRISE,PLACEBO AND LOTS MORE FOR OTHER ROCK GENRES LIKE WHAT I LISTEN TO TRY GUNS N' ROSES,PAPA ROACH,SLIPKNOT,CHIODOS,LIMP BIZKIT,STAIND TRY THEM AND TELL WHAT YOU THINK
Re: What's Your Favorite Rock Band? by Rocktation(f): 12:07am On May 19, 2010
Nirvana soft? You've got to be kidding me. Keane's smashing. Good choice.
Re: What's Your Favorite Rock Band? by Ruq: 7:25pm On May 19, 2010
Nirvana is mainly alternative!
Re: What's Your Favorite Rock Band? by bumpkin(m): 11:53pm On May 20, 2010
I couldn't find a thread for metal, so I'll just post mine here. My favourite band is Killswitch Engage. I also like Bring Me The Horizon, Opeth, August Burns Red, As I Lay Dying, It Prevails, Bullet For My Valentine, Lamb of God, Mastodon, etc
Re: What's Your Favorite Rock Band? by Ruq: 8:11am On May 21, 2010
Bumpkin are u nigerian?
Re: What's Your Favorite Rock Band? by medjai(m): 10:27am On May 21, 2010
Its impossible to have just one favourite band with thousands of bands out there. Anyways, here are mine: 3 doors down, Coldplay, Linkin Park, Rufio, Kasabian, Blink 182 and its other fragments(Angels and Airwaves and Box car racer), Simple plan, Theory of a dead man, Switchfoot, Nickelback, The Fray and Owl City.
If anyone has got new songs, he/she can post a link
Re: What's Your Favorite Rock Band? by bumpkin(m): 6:24pm On May 21, 2010
@Ruq LOLwut? Yeah i'm nigerian. Why? Nigerians don't listen to metal? grin
Re: What's Your Favorite Rock Band? by Ruq: 9:13pm On May 21, 2010
Naah! Its just dat i rarely find pple like me.
Re: What's Your Favorite Rock Band? by Rocktation(f): 9:25pm On May 21, 2010
Guess Bumpkin missed my very first post. And Medjai must love Rick Dees as well.
Re: What's Your Favorite Rock Band? by bumpkin(m): 12:21am On May 22, 2010
@Ruq fair enough. I appreciate all sub-genres of rock, as well, and i listen to them, but i have a preference for the heavier stuff

@Rockstation My bad, you listed Nickleback in the same post so i kinda skipped past it cheesy That's cool. I'm a big time Killswitch Engage fan, apart from their newest album, everything else they've done is great, and the lead singer Howard Jones has an amazing voice
Re: What's Your Favorite Rock Band? by Rocktation(f): 2:10am On May 22, 2010
Are we alive or are we just breathing? Damn, Howard did MAGIC with that life to lifeless song. And i totally love All these things i hate revolve around me by B.4.M.Val. This song makes me forget the names of the band's other songs i downloaded. And i just know Lamb of God by name. I'm suspecting it's a christian band & that's why i haven't checked them out yet, despite a friend forcing me to. I totally love heavy metal. Wonder what i'll become without them.
Re: What's Your Favorite Rock Band? by medjai(m): 3:12am On May 22, 2010
@ rocktation
i listen to rickdees when i have the time. Guess u do too?
Re: What's Your Favorite Rock Band? by Ruq: 12:14pm On May 22, 2010
Does anyone know when linkin park's album will drop? I think its 8bit Rebellion
Re: What's Your Favorite Rock Band? by Rocktation(f): 12:55pm On May 22, 2010
@Medjai - Kind of. But asides that, i know a pretty lot of alternative bands make music charts. And your list of favourites just so comprises a lot of them.
Re: What's Your Favorite Rock Band? by bumpkin(m): 1:04pm On May 22, 2010
@Rockstation All The THings I Hate is a classic BFMV song, along with Tears Don't Fall. Lamg of God actually isnt Christian, You shuld check them out. They're badass. KSE have the baddest riffs, especially on the song Break The Silence (from the album As Daylight Dies). My fave song of theirs though is Rose Of Sharyn.
Have you listened to As I Lay Dying?
Re: What's Your Favorite Rock Band? by medjai(m): 1:41pm On May 22, 2010
@rocktation
i do more of alternative. I dont really digg heavy metal. I see you are into heavy metal big time. its all good

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tyga Is Better Than Drake / Jesse Jagz – 3rd World War Ft Femi Kuti [Video Download] / Download Newsong Dawih - Again&again(ft Davido)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.