Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,038 members, 7,818,067 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:45 AM

TSTV Is Finally Here!!! (pics) - TV/Movies (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / TSTV Is Finally Here!!! (pics) (91606 Views)

TSTV Is Back As CEO Holds Press Conference And Rolls Out New Deals / TSTV Is Back With Exciting News / How TSTV Is Set To Change Your Internet & Satellite Television Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: TSTV Is Finally Here!!! (pics) by Wilfem(m): 7:03pm On Apr 02, 2018
Finally gotten one for myself today, after all the wait since last year. I've also been enying their Test Transmission from time to time.
Having gotten their stuff now, my main focus is on live football matches, especially EPL and UCL, but since there's isn't live football matches today, not until tomorrow, and that's when we'll get to know about the real deal with the UCL matches.
Although, there are actually some sport channels, some showing the highlights of the weekend EPL matches. Let's see how it goes.

5 Likes

Re: TSTV Is Finally Here!!! (pics) by peeps4u: 7:25pm On Apr 02, 2018
Wilfem:
Finally gotten one for myself today, after all the wait. I've alseo been enying their Test Transmission from time to time.
Having gotten their stuff now, main main focus is on football matches, especially EPL and UCL, but since there's isn't live football matches today, not until tomorrow, and that's when we'll get to know about the real deal with the UCL matches.
Although, there are actually some sport channels, some showing the highlights of the weekend EPL matches. Let's see how it goes.

If they can manage to show highlight of weekends matches, it is a bit of assurance they might have right to show live matches.
Re: TSTV Is Finally Here!!! (pics) by Wilfem(m): 7:30pm On Apr 02, 2018
peeps4u:

If they can manage to show highlight of weekends matches, it is a bit of assurance they might have right to show live matches.
Well, let's hope so.
Re: TSTV Is Finally Here!!! (pics) by godspeed: 7:35pm On Apr 02, 2018
Wilfem:

Well, let's hope so.

Do remember to update us tomorrow as per UCL
Re: TSTV Is Finally Here!!! (pics) by Wilfem(m): 8:13pm On Apr 02, 2018
godspeed:

Do remember to update us tomorrow as per UCL
Alright, will surely do so.
Re: TSTV Is Finally Here!!! (pics) by Nobody: 8:20pm On Apr 02, 2018
Wilfem:
Please Don't Be Angry Sir But How Much Did You Buy Dish And Decorder?.
Re: TSTV Is Finally Here!!! (pics) by Wilfem(m): 8:33pm On Apr 02, 2018
bossboy91:

Please Don't Be Angry Sir But How Much Did You Buy Dish And Decorder?.
Both were sold for N4000, despite the place being a 'Super Dealer' shop. But no qualms.
Re: TSTV Is Finally Here!!! (pics) by Obascoetubi: 8:36pm On Apr 02, 2018
Acidosis:

So tstv is going to give Nigerians mbc2, mbc2 action, etc for 2k, 3k?

Have you checked the updated tstv channels? Even bein tv has been removed, following the shameful show of illegality.

I don't think tstv would want to illegally boycott transmissions again by showing you mbc2 (Channel covers only North Africa and Middle East). I may be wrong though.
you don't even know that u can watch mbc for free on another satelite position

4 Likes

Re: TSTV Is Finally Here!!! (pics) by Nobody: 9:10pm On Apr 02, 2018
Wilfem:

Both were sold for N4000, despite the place being a 'Super Dealer' shop. But no qualms.
Thanks. Please update us tomorrow on UCL.

1 Like

Re: TSTV Is Finally Here!!! (pics) by 4llerbuntu(m): 10:03pm On Apr 02, 2018
Lmaooooo

There's always one pressed bastard on these threads posting epistles.

Joyless souls.

Ordinary TV. Upon all the different types of pay TV wey dey this country, na this one dey always press Una.

1 Like

Re: TSTV Is Finally Here!!! (pics) by Simeony007(m): 11:12pm On Apr 02, 2018
MBC could be watched freely if you know how to track it. And for Tstv am getting it tomorrow!
Re: TSTV Is Finally Here!!! (pics) by idsamoo(m): 12:54am On Apr 03, 2018
Wilfem:

pls i will like to know if their picture quality is still in HD.Thanks
Re: TSTV Is Finally Here!!! (pics) by Nodogragra4me(m): 6:57am On Apr 03, 2018
lacidi:

Oga, please I'm done with this discussion. The problem is that you just want to win an argument. I am in the industry. I am involved in brokering tv rights so I'm not guessing. Canal+ does not have EPL broadcast rights in Nigeria. You may save yourself from all these argument by sending them an email or a Twitter message. This will be my last response on this subject. Have a good day.

No be only brokering na damaging rights...mention one rights you don broker...... Explain why dstv shows matches from leagues that they don't have rights to...na u broke that one for them too.
Re: TSTV Is Finally Here!!! (pics) by texazzpete(m): 1:40pm On Apr 03, 2018
Nodogragra4me:

What has dud cheque got to do with the discuss of tstv and broadcast right? It is now obvious that you guys are here for a smear campaign against not just the station but the owners.

For your information, tstv has no newspaper advert let alone one advertising epl. Whatever kind of agreement that made it possible for dstv to air matches and leagues that startimes has exclusive rights to without let or hindrances is same agreement that tstv has pursued and obtained.

We have just the holiday period to wait before someone comes up with a review of the decoder and what is what even though the sassy decoders is meant largely for owners of eateries and other joint who don't necessarily need the Internet aspect of their offering.

1. So a discussion about the past history of the TSTv owner is not allowed in a conversation on TSTv's constant ability to over-promise and under deliver?
Laughable.

2. Who told you of any agreement TSTv has 'pursued and obtained'? Are you a staff of the company? If so, why have you failed to make a full disclosure here?

Additionally, TSTv clearly have no legal agreement, since in their tests last year, they attempted to illegally stream a beIN sports broadcast to their users.
Re: TSTV Is Finally Here!!! (pics) by texazzpete(m): 1:41pm On Apr 03, 2018
Nodogragra4me:

No be only brokering na damaging rights...mention one rights you don broker...... Explain why dstv shows matches from leagues that they don't have rights to...na u broke that one for them too.

Abeg which league is Dstv illegally airing? Source?
Re: TSTV Is Finally Here!!! (pics) by SweetSoup(m): 3:29pm On Apr 03, 2018
Waiting for user review b4 buying my own. Am a strong advocate of #buyNigerianGrowtheNaira
Re: TSTV Is Finally Here!!! (pics) by Nodogragra4me(m): 3:56pm On Apr 03, 2018
texazzpete:

Abeg which league is Dstv illegally airing? Source?

Seria A
Re: TSTV Is Finally Here!!! (pics) by texazzpete(m): 5:39pm On Apr 03, 2018
Nodogragra4me:

Seria A

Dstv broadcasts Serie A games through RAI Italia that has the license.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rai_Italia

Read that and enlighten yourself.

How you could think that a multi billion dollar company like Dstv would expose themselves to a major lawsuit by illegally broadcasting content is beyond me.

3 Likes

Re: TSTV Is Finally Here!!! (pics) by Wilfem(m): 8:03pm On Apr 03, 2018
Guys, as of 7:30pm this evening, it doesn't look like there'll be any live UCL action on Tstv, at least for now.
From the 3 Grande Sport channels I currently pick, one is currently showing Tennis, another showing Squash, while the other one is showing Boxing matches respectively as you can see in the pictures below.

Having made these observations, I hope things would change as expected.

4 Likes

Re: TSTV Is Finally Here!!! (pics) by Nodogragra4me(m): 8:16pm On Apr 03, 2018
texazzpete:

Dstv broadcasts Serie A games through RAI Italia that has the license.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rai_Italia

Read that and enlighten yourself.

How you could think that a multi billion dollar company like Dstv would expose themselves to a major lawsuit by illegally broadcasting content is beyond me.

And to think that you know a license from Rai, a TV station just like Bein, entities them to rebroadcast what another station is already exclusively entitled to in their operation area is beyond me.

2 Likes

Re: TSTV Is Finally Here!!! (pics) by Nobody: 8:41pm On Apr 03, 2018
Nodogragra4me:

And to think that you know a license from Rai, a TV station just like Bein, entities them to rebroadcast what another station is already exclusively entitled to in their operation area is beyond me.

I just think these things are more complex than we think so let's just wait and see how the whole thing goes. My observation though is that Rai italia is not a sports channel. Dstv do not advertise italian serie A as one of the games they show or have license to and it is never shown on any of their supersport channels.

Rai Italia is targeted at Italian expatriates who live abroad, foreign citizens of Italian descent, and non-Italians interested in Italian language and culture. It is just like the days when I think NTA or AIT (forgotten which one) use to show 1 epl game every weekend. If for example startimes have NTA or AIT in their buquet, they are not gonna scramble these channels when these matches are being played will they? Just saying.

1 Like

Re: TSTV Is Finally Here!!! (pics) by MorataFC: 8:46pm On Apr 03, 2018
Let us stop these arguments, but one thing I know is that tstv will bring good competition to the monopolized market by dstv.
But one question I want the doubters to answer is that why is DSTV is giving SS3, SS7 and SS8 to access bouquet for over 3 months?
Re: TSTV Is Finally Here!!! (pics) by Nobody: 8:55pm On Apr 03, 2018
MorataFC:
Let us stop these arguments, but one thing I know is that tstv will bring good competition to the monopolized market by dstv.
But one question I want the doubters to answer is that why is DSTV is giving SS3, SS7 and SS8 to access bouquet for over 3 months?

Well.me sef don't know but it's very good for us consumers. Do u have a problem with that? Maybe it's the competition tstv is bringing me I don't know. I've been enjoying it since last November, I watch 90% of EPL and la liga matches for just 1,900. Only thing missing is champions league.

2 Likes

Re: TSTV Is Finally Here!!! (pics) by Nodogragra4me(m): 9:04pm On Apr 03, 2018
greenhulk:

I just think these things are more complex than we think so let's just wait and see how the whole thing goes. My observation though is that Rai italia is not a sports channel. Dstv do not advertise italian serie A as one of the games they show or have license to and it is never shown on any of their supersport channels.

Rai Italia is targeted at Italian expatriates who live abroad, foreign citizens of Italian descent, and non-Italians interested in Italian language and culture. It is just like the days when I think NTA or AIT (forgotten which one) use to show 1 epl game every weekend. If for example startimes have NTA or AIT in their buquet, they are not gonna scramble these channels when these matches are being played will they? Just saying.

Thank you. The whole thing is more complex than we are trying to make it look out here. Everyone of us is a consumer. We just have to wait to see the offerings of these guys rather than run them out of town with bad press.

Yes they didn't help issue when they came out but that is not enough to demarket another's man grind.
Re: TSTV Is Finally Here!!! (pics) by texazzpete(m): 9:23pm On Apr 03, 2018
Nodogragra4me:

My brother, I am not responsible for your near-terminal laziness.

If you - or the two other TSTV shills that 'liked' your post - could be arsed to click that link i posted earlier, you'd see that RAI Italia is owned by Italy's public national broadcaster and has the rights to broadcast their content (including Serie A) to Africa, Asia, the Americas and Australia.

Nigeria is a country in Africa, just so you know.

This is what happens when logic flies out the window and you clowns argue just for argument sake. Even reading then becomes a chore. Disgraceful.
Re: TSTV Is Finally Here!!! (pics) by MorataFC: 9:59pm On Apr 03, 2018
greenhulk:

Well.me sef don't know but it's very good for us consumers. Do u have a problem with that?
No
... my point is DSTV know that tstv will air EPL matches live that's why they are trying to win more customers by giving channels that belong to compact and compact-plus to ordinary access package

Maybe it's the competition tstv is bringing me I don't know. I've been enjoying it since last November, I watch 90% of EPL and la liga matches for just 1,900. Only thing missing is champions league.
don't worry u gonna watch both matches tomorrow
SS3 will air Liverpool vs man city while Ss10 will air barca Roma

1 Like

Re: TSTV Is Finally Here!!! (pics) by lacidi: 10:09pm On Apr 03, 2018
I just laugh when I read all these sentimental comments. Today is gone, did TSTV show any Champions league match? By weekend, you should also tell us the EPL match they will show. Sometimes arguing or trying to make sense on Nairaland is so cumbersome because there are so many ill infomrmed people trying to win arguements from an ignorant stand point. This thread will still be here by end of the season and you guys will be waiting for live EPL on Tstv. Smh.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: TSTV Is Finally Here!!! (pics) by Nobody: 10:49pm On Apr 03, 2018
MorataFC:
No
... my point is DSTV know that tstv will air EPL matches live that's why they are trying to win more customers by giving channels that belong to compact and compact-plus to ordinary access package
don't worry u gonna watch both matches tomorrow
SS3 will air Liverpool vs man city while Ss10 will air barca Roma

Ss3 and 10 don't air champions league. And I don't think tstv will air any live football (at least not EPL and UCL) this season. Maybe they can get their shiit together for next season. They didn't show tonight's chanpions league did they?

The thing about tstv is they are not being straightforward and honest. They know they won't show champions league but they kept saying they will air live football, if u chat their costumer agents they will keep telling I they have live football. Well they didn't air tonight's chanpions league. I keep saying football alone don't make a good pay TV, they can still get many customers even without football, but dishonesty will ruin them.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: TSTV Is Finally Here!!! (pics) by MorataFC: 11:04pm On Apr 03, 2018
lacidi:
I just laugh when I read all these sentimental comments. Today is gone, did TSTV show any Champions league match? By weekend, you should also tell us the EPL match they will show. Sometimes arguing or trying to make sense on Nairaland is so cumbersome because there are so many ill infomrmed people trying to win arguements from an ignorant stand point. This thread will still be here by end of the season and you guys will be waiting for live EPL on Tstv. Smh.
u haven't made any point, so u expect them to broker a deal with premiership when we all know this season will end next month? Can u pay for a movie in a cinema when you know that the movie will end in the next five minutes?
I'm not advocating for tstv but I don't expect any live EPL match for the season (and if they air it that's bonus) but next season will be booom!

2 Likes

Re: TSTV Is Finally Here!!! (pics) by Nobody: 11:11pm On Apr 03, 2018
MorataFC:
u haven't made any point, so u expect them to broker a deal with premiership when we all know this season will end next month? Can u pay for a movie in a cinema when you know that the movie will end in the next five minutes?
I'm not advocating for tstv but I don't expect any live EPL match for the season (and if they air it that's bonus) but next season will be booom!

This is why I said they are being dishonest. There is nothing wrong in telling customers that they will not air any live matches until next season, instead they kept insisting that they have live matches not being specific. A lot of people rushed to buy their decoders hoping they could watch Juventus vs Real madrid tonight.

2 Likes

Re: TSTV Is Finally Here!!! (pics) by MorataFC: 11:21pm On Apr 03, 2018
greenhulk:

This is why I said they are being dishonest. There is nothing wrong in telling customers that they will not air any live matches until next season, instead they kept insisting that they have live matches not being specific. A lot of people rushed to buy their decoders hoping they could watch Juventus vs Real madrid tonight.
Well sorry for them grin grin grin

Yeah, I agree with you about ''being dishonest'' but they may call it business strategy cheesy
Re: TSTV Is Finally Here!!! (pics) by lacidi: 7:29am On Apr 04, 2018
MorataFC:
If you knew all this why then did they illegally broadcast the same EPL via Bein and you did not call them out. Why did you and your like support the illegality in the first place?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Ka3na Stylishly Used Her Leg To Drag Her Shorts After Sex Romp With Praise / BBNaija: Erica Loses N1.8 Million After Disqualification / Ozo Wins The BBNaija Innoson Car (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.