Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,412 members, 7,954,645 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:27 AM

My Mom Says He Is Not Good Enough For Me But I Am In Love With Him - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Mom Says He Is Not Good Enough For Me But I Am In Love With Him (740 Views)

I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. / Help: My Father Is Killing My Mom Gradually / I'm Not Happy With My Mom's Behaviour Towards My Adopted Sister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Mom Says He Is Not Good Enough For Me But I Am In Love With Him by Samuelgr8: 9:57pm On Mar 31, 2018
Hello LS,

I need your advice. You may also post on your blog if you want to. My mom and my fiance do not see eye to eye and this is seriously affecting my relationship. Infact,as a result of this,my wedding have been postponed two times and I am becoming afraid that the wedding may not even hold at this rate.

I met Godwin three years ago. He and I met at a christmas party held by a mutual friend. We clicked right after and have been dating since then. I introduced Godwin to my mom about a year ago when I saw that our relationship was going well and strong. But the first time my mom met Godwin,she said she didnt like him. She observed that he was not humble enough for her liking. You see,my mom raised me and my brother all by herself cos my father followed another woman. I grew up hearing from my mom how I should not trust men and all that. I think because my mother and father didnt work out,my mom is being extra hard on Godwin. My mom is making comparison between Godwin and my former boyfriend. She feels Godwin is not good enough for me. I tried to talk to my fiance but he says he is not marrying my mom but me.

Fine,Godwin is not yoruba. He is Isoko and I can relate that the cultural difference maybe a problem. My mom perhaps is expecting Godwin to prostrate fully like the yorubas do but Godwin just greets my mom normally. My mom also complains that Godwin does not call her often or buy her expensive gifts. I must admit,things are not that easy for Godwin. My mom says I am making excuses for him. That any man who cannot woo a woman properly will not appreciate the woman when they get married.Yes,my mom maybe right cos Godwin has not bought me things the way my ex boyfriends used to. Infact, I actually spend more on him than he does on me I dont mind cos runs a business so its its not like he is super rich. Godwin on the other hand says my mom is being unreasonable. He even said,he does not know how such an unfriendly woman will be his mother inlaw.

This unlikeness between Godwin and my mom is affecting our relationship. When Godwin and his people came to do introduction,my mom......@

https://livelystones.com.ng/my-mom-says-he-is-not-good-enough-for-me-but-i-am-in-love-with-him/
Re: My Mom Says He Is Not Good Enough For Me But I Am In Love With Him by ipobarecriminals: 10:37pm On Mar 31, 2018
sad ur mama is a glutton long neck giraffe. May she not ruin ur happiness /home.Hear this,if eventually u marry,go live far away where she'll find it difficult to come.Bless u
Re: My Mom Says He Is Not Good Enough For Me But I Am In Love With Him by mikolo80: 12:17am On Apr 01, 2018
ASK HER IF SHE WILL NOT COMPLAIN IF NO RICH MAN TO MARRY YOU LATER
Re: My Mom Says He Is Not Good Enough For Me But I Am In Love With Him by Samuelgr8: 9:55pm On Apr 01, 2018
Exactly! seen a case when sister had to marry an NFA after her mom has chased away all those who came for her hands in marriage at her prime. maybe she thought her daughter will forever remain the way she was then
mikolo80:
ASK HER IF SHE WILL NOT COMPLAIN IF NO RICH MAN TO MARRY YOU LATER
Re: My Mom Says He Is Not Good Enough For Me But I Am In Love With Him by mikolo80: 10:35pm On Apr 01, 2018
atoh
may we not marry nfa or feminist
Samuelgr8:
Exactly! seen a case when sister had to marry an NFA after her mom has chased away all those who came for her hands in marriage at her prime. maybe she thought her daughter will forever remain the way she was then

(1) (Reply)

Is It Okay For A Bachelor To Visit Married Couples / How To Stop Your Phone Screen Been Shattered? / For Men Only Please

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.