Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,613 members, 7,813,008 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:38 AM

I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. (75009 Views)

My Mother Wants To Throw Me Into Bankruptcy / Help: My Father Is Killing My Mom Gradually / I'm Not Happy With My Mom's Behaviour Towards My Adopted Sister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by samicine(m): 12:23pm On May 16, 2020
Greetings one and all. I'll try to make my lamentation as short as possible.

My mother accused me of stealing her 2k, but I assure you, I didn't. The money got missing on Thursday night according to her and my 13 year old brother. I won't do such a thing, because the times are hard and the pandemic is fueling this hard times. I'm not lazy, I kind of work from home, I write for opera news hub and to some extent I get money from there, currently I have 19k in my account. I have no motive of taking her money, but she insists I took it, and is currently threatening to throw me out of the house.

This is not the first time such thing has happened. When I was still in secondary school, money got missing often and she'll blame me, beat me and starve me for stealing her money, but God helped me and the culprit was found, my other brother was caught, he is 18 now and doesn't stay with us anymore. He stays with my dad. She never apologized for what she did and the scars of that emotional and physical abuse still ripples across my body. But this time I'm not sure I will forgive her if the money is found. I'm planning on leaving home and starting my life somewhere, it's hard, it might just be my naivety speaking, but I need your advice.

The only skill I have is writing and web designing, which I'm almost getting good at. I just need help and guidance. I'm a 200level student and I major in psychology. I'll be 21 by November.

386 Likes 37 Shares

Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by Aboks(m): 12:26pm On May 16, 2020
Hmmm what a sad story

72 Likes 11 Shares

Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by Davash222(m): 12:27pm On May 16, 2020
Let her threats always be a motivation for you to get your own apartment so you can move out.

These are one of the techniques African mothers use to ostracize the spirit of laziness in their sons. No too reason am.

God bless all mothers.

602 Likes 40 Shares

Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by Ningen(m): 12:31pm On May 16, 2020
Harsher reality awaits out there.
If you want to fly, grow wings first.

You've 2 or 3 years to graduation.
Stay put, cope and get your degree.

Spread your wings & fly out during your NYSC.

916 Likes 48 Shares

Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by BigJoe19: 12:36pm On May 16, 2020
Donate your mother as Covid-19 relieve fund, any woman that cannot believe her child is a nuisance to the society.

With your explanation your mum is single, she and your dad don't stay together anymore, I hope you have noticed that since your dad left your mum his life has been better, I advise you do same. A man that dwells with a toxic and bitter woman would never become great.

Find a group of trusted friends and stay with, hustle day and night, make your family proud.

Good luck.

278 Likes 19 Shares

Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by Davash222(m): 12:36pm On May 16, 2020
Aboks:
Hmmm what a sad story
There's nothing sad here. It happens in most average families.

100 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by vanida6: 12:39pm On May 16, 2020
Shey no be u dey steal money why leave nah,,,if u leave dat means u re guilty,,,,infact why will a grown man like u been stayin in dsam place wit ur mum,,,just pay her 2k back nd find anoda place to enjoy ur life dear

18 Likes 9 Shares

Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by Oluromantic: 12:39pm On May 16, 2020
Writing and web designing is a good skill and can yield lots of money later.

Your mother somehow doesn't believe in you. Try to let your uncle or someone she respects know about it till you're able to save enough to have your own room. Cus if you go squatting with a friend and something happens, it will be shameful to come back to ur mom's house. Going to stay with ur dad is another option though

151 Likes 9 Shares

Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by budaatum: 12:41pm On May 16, 2020
You have a lifetime ahead of you to be thinking of forgiving her or not. But forgiving her is for your benefit, as unforgiveness is like a cancer in the heart of the unforgiver. You spend plenty resource remembering not to forgive and it slowly eats you up.

Leave and go find somewhere else to live. You will survive this and more. And read up on the psychology of unforgiveness.

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by Oluromantic: 12:41pm On May 16, 2020
vanida6:
Shey no be u dey steal money why leave nah,,,if u leave dat means u re guilty,,,,infact why will a grown man like u been stayin in dsam place wit ur mum,,,just pay her 2k back nd find anoda place to enjoy ur life dear
21 is not too old to stay with his parent

After they'll say guys are bashing girls too much on this forum. Is there sense in what this one said now?

590 Likes 27 Shares

Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by Aboks(m): 12:41pm On May 16, 2020
Davash222:

If he still eats his mother's food at age 20 may be that's why she is complaining, I she doesn't even trust him

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by KenBen217: 12:42pm On May 16, 2020
Davash222:

bros I don't know you but I must say this you must be a really wicked person...to think this happens so because it happens everywhere it's not sad...do you even know if this guy might start suffering emotional distress,low self esteem etc because of this issue...??

147 Likes 11 Shares

Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by KenBen217: 12:42pm On May 16, 2020
Aboks:

If he still eats his mother's food at age 20 may be that's why she is complaining, I she doesn't even trust him
but how many people are independent at age 20

295 Likes 16 Shares

Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by BigJoe19: 12:44pm On May 16, 2020
vanida6:
You think it's easy for a 20year-old to live on his own in this country, it's like you are not from Nigeria. Most under 22years old that do not stay with their parents are mostly yahoo boys and drug addicts.

482 Likes 37 Shares

Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by Theundertaker(m): 12:44pm On May 16, 2020
Humble ur self .

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by KenBen217: 12:45pm On May 16, 2020
vanida6:
my sister...were u independent at 21??

294 Likes 19 Shares

Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by Ningen(m): 12:46pm On May 16, 2020
Davash222:

These are one of the techniques African mothers use to ostracize the spirit of laziness in their sons. No too reason am.

You call physical abuse & wrongful accusations techniques by AFRICAN MOTHERS to ostracize laziness?? shocked

Guy, don't try to normalize and generalize abuse with your toxic view against women. Just stfu.

182 Likes 13 Shares

Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by Theundertaker(m): 12:47pm On May 16, 2020
BigJoe19:
You think it's easy for a 20year-old to live on his own on in this country, it's like you are not from Nigeria. Most under 22years old that do not stay with their parents are mostly yahoo boys and drug addicts.
I left my parents house at 28 , they said all sorts but I humbled myself , to save, I got a stable job at 25 , b4 I left the house I bought television , bed , fridge n and others before I rented a small place n took my things, life is all about planing . Don’t let ur emotions control you .

367 Likes 27 Shares

Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by Kylekent59: 12:47pm On May 16, 2020
shocked

You are a thief!!!!

You stole your mum's 2k and you still had the guts to post it here.
Why did you play Aja ere with it, stop paying visual with your mum's hard-earned money.

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by Nobody: 12:49pm On May 16, 2020
African parents are outrageous
Dunnoh why

38 Likes

Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by Nobody: 12:50pm On May 16, 2020
Kylekent59:
shocked

You are a thief!!!!

You stole your mum's 2k and you still had the guts to post it here.
Why did you play Aja ere with it, stop paying visual with your mum's hard-earned money.

sharrrup if you don't know what to say
Hypocrite undecided

257 Likes 12 Shares

Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by BigJoe19: 12:50pm On May 16, 2020
Theundertaker:
I left my parents house at 28 , they said all sorts but I humbled myself , to save, I got a stable job at 25 , b4 I left the house I bought television , bed , fridge n and others before I rented a small place n took my things, life is all about planing . Don’t let ur emotions control you .
I don't think your quote is meant for me, maybe the OP. In Nigeria we have many 25years old that still stay with their parents.
It's not easy to be a man cool cool

184 Likes 13 Shares

Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by Aboks(m): 12:50pm On May 16, 2020
KenBen217:

but how many people are independent at age 20

At age 19 I was on my own it depends on the guy I can't remember last when my parents bought clothes for me

The only thing they for me was when they sent me to skill acquisition program

NATIONAL DIRECTORATE OF EMPLOYMENT

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by emmy2fyn(m): 12:52pm On May 16, 2020
don't leave the house and u know no conditions is permanent, so try and be self reliant that is, finish ur school. This is where God want u for now and try and forgive her. I tell u when her better side come tomorrow u will like her more. ur Mom is ur Mom hunnnnm OK sorry and don't be offended

26 Likes

Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by BigJoe19: 12:55pm On May 16, 2020
Aboks:

At age 19 I was on my own it depends on the guy I can't remember last when my parents bought clothes for me
So what if you were alone at 19, must everyone move at the same pace in life? Some people moved at 23, some 16.
This OP is in the university and doesn't work, except for his online income he should not have any money.

197 Likes 11 Shares

Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by Ishilove: 12:55pm On May 16, 2020
Oluromantic:

21 is not too old to stay with his parent

After they'll say guys are bashing girls too much on this forum. Is there sense in what this one said now?
No single sense at all

126 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by Davash222(m): 12:56pm On May 16, 2020
Ningen:

You call physical abuse & wrongful accusations techniques by AFRICAN MOTHERS to ostracize laziness?? shocked

Guy, don't try to normalize and generalize abuse with your toxic view against women. Just stfu.

Oya, go and help him kill his mum.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by Theundertaker(m): 12:56pm On May 16, 2020
BigJoe19:
I don't think your quote is meant for me, maybe the OP. In Nigeria we have many 25years old that still stay with their parents.
It's not easy to be a man cool cool
it’s for u base on ur comment giving a deeper thought to tha age thing and the Op also

4 Likes

Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by Aboks(m): 12:58pm On May 16, 2020
BigJoe19:
So what if you were alone at 19, must everyone move at the same pace in life? Some people moved at 23, some 16.
This OP is in the university and doesn't work, except for his online income he should not have any money.

The bottom line is he still depends on his mother
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by Theundertaker(m): 1:00pm On May 16, 2020
Aboks:

and so what ? This country is hard !! Except u are into fraud or prostitution

102 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by Ishilove: 1:00pm On May 16, 2020
Samicine, be patient. No parent is perfect and some have them even worse than you. Manage the woman like that until you can stand on your feet because where do you want to go to with 19k? Is that for tfare or recharge card?

Humble yourself, swallow the crap and use it to build emotional muscle for the task ahead which will be coming up in a couple of years.

117 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by BigJoe19: 1:00pm On May 16, 2020
Aboks:

So what would you have him do? He is in the university studying hard to plan his future, if he doesn't graduate at the right time and still depends on his parents that is when the mum can complain, for now she is only doing what a parent should do for her child.

79 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Pregnant Women Craving For Weird Things / Please Help: How Do You Find A Mother You Have Never Met / When Does A Woman Conceive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.