Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,291 members, 7,811,873 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:49 PM

I Decided To Go Unclad To Tell Nigerians They Are Uncivilized – Brymo - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / I Decided To Go Unclad To Tell Nigerians They Are Uncivilized – Brymo (52868 Views)

Nigerian Video Vixen Goes Unclad To Promote Herself On Social Media (photos) / South African Lady Goes Completely Unclad To Celebrate Zulu Culture (photos) / Bridget Achieng: "Kenyan Socialite Is Woman Who Goes Unclad To Attract Rich Men" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Decided To Go Unclad To Tell Nigerians They Are Uncivilized – Brymo by sirlekzy: 8:01am On Apr 01, 2018
Nigerian contemporary singer, Olawale Ashimi, aka Brymo, broke the internet earlier in the week when he released a video for his song, Heya. In the video, singer could be seen naked playing a grand piano in a public environment.

In a chat with Sunday Scoop, the singer shed light on why he took that step.

“The song is an expression of my environment. I like to paint as much as I can and I think that most of us are bush people, even though we live in cities. The video portrayed a bush man living in the city. If you look around, you wouldn’t see much evidence of civilisation. We did not create most of the things that we use in this country and that’s not good. We need to think, he stated.”

It was widely believed that the singer pulled a publicity stunt by appearing naked in the video to get the attention of the people, but in his reaction Brymo stated that:

“Even if it’s a publicity stunt, is there anything wrong with that? Singers spend a lot of time and energy in the studio. So is there anything absurd in them drawing some attention to their songs?”

On whether he feels underrated in the country, he said:

“No, I am not. People are used to a system and if you want to change them, you have to do it slowly. My albums are doing well and we found that most people, who download my music are in Europe and America. Right now, I have no complaints.”

Dismissing claims that he doesn’t perform at top concerts in the industry anymore, Brymo said:

“I only perform at top shows. Just this week, I have had two events. I will also be performing today (Sunday) as well. Generally, I get a lot of love in Africa, and as for the people who say they haven’t seen me perform on big stages lately, they are most likely looking in the wrong places.

As much as I’m looking at having an international career, Africa will always be my root. I was once signed to an American company, EGM, and I released an album with them but things didn’t go as planned and we went our separate ways.”

Source: http://www.lekzyloaded.com.ng/entertainment/decided-naked-tell-nigerians-uncivilized-brymo

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Decided To Go Unclad To Tell Nigerians They Are Uncivilized – Brymo by directorXixXICK(m): 8:04am On Apr 01, 2018
We haff hear u sir.....Brymo civilizing the uncivilized.....weldone sir....

61 Likes

Re: I Decided To Go Unclad To Tell Nigerians They Are Uncivilized – Brymo by osemoses1234(m): 8:33am On Apr 01, 2018
And so how much enter ur account....Mr naked man

3 Likes

Re: I Decided To Go Unclad To Tell Nigerians They Are Uncivilized – Brymo by chimuma(m): 8:34am On Apr 01, 2018
brymooooo love ur lyrics..... grin grin

117 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Decided To Go Unclad To Tell Nigerians They Are Uncivilized – Brymo by Samsimple(m): 8:39am On Apr 01, 2018
upcoming artiste

12 Likes

Re: I Decided To Go Unclad To Tell Nigerians They Are Uncivilized – Brymo by CAPSLOCKED: 8:39am On Apr 01, 2018

WHAT'S THE POINT OF A MESSAGE IF THE RECIPIENT DOESN'T GET IT?

YOU WANTED TO SHOW US THAT WE ARE UNCIVILIZED, YET IT WAS YOU WHO APPEARED UNCIVILIZED.

I'M A FAN
BUT JUST ADMIT YOU HAD NO MONEY TO AFFORD GOOD CLOTHES FOR THE PERFORMANCE, SO YOU OPTED FOR A CHEAPER CHOICE.... WE WILL UNDERSTAND. undecided

102 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Decided To Go Unclad To Tell Nigerians They Are Uncivilized – Brymo by XVIER(m): 8:39am On Apr 01, 2018
Or you want to gain attention from social madness

And wait why then are you using such a highly civilized instrument?

Ibrahim you are mad you just don't know it yet. you should not bother wearing cloths again in your entire life so you can remind us always.

43 Likes

Re: I Decided To Go Unclad To Tell Nigerians They Are Uncivilized – Brymo by HisSexcellency(m): 8:39am On Apr 01, 2018
Some people sha

Why not just kill yourself by slitting your throat to draw attention of the international community to Fulani herdsmen killings in Nigeria.

Mtchew

27 Likes

Re: I Decided To Go Unclad To Tell Nigerians They Are Uncivilized – Brymo by valentineuwakwe(m): 8:39am On Apr 01, 2018
it has been long..well come back brymo

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Decided To Go Unclad To Tell Nigerians They Are Uncivilized – Brymo by Narldon: 8:39am On Apr 01, 2018

People that were owing Lazarus before he died...

I wonder how they felt when Jesus woke him up from death!

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Decided To Go Unclad To Tell Nigerians They Are Uncivilized – Brymo by RomeoEmpire(m): 8:40am On Apr 01, 2018
See as im sitdon lyk one ape.

5 Likes

Re: I Decided To Go Unclad To Tell Nigerians They Are Uncivilized – Brymo by zombieHUNTER: 8:40am On Apr 01, 2018
Going unclad with G string is to revive civilization

It's okay undecided

15 Likes

Re: I Decided To Go Unclad To Tell Nigerians They Are Uncivilized – Brymo by Nobody: 8:40am On Apr 01, 2018
Still love his voice even though he could have been mistaken for the guy that acted "the gods must be crazy "

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Decided To Go Unclad To Tell Nigerians They Are Uncivilized – Brymo by Nobody: 8:40am On Apr 01, 2018
Another one on the run

4 Likes

Re: I Decided To Go Unclad To Tell Nigerians They Are Uncivilized – Brymo by ednut1(m): 8:40am On Apr 01, 2018
Controversy sells

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Decided To Go Unclad To Tell Nigerians They Are Uncivilized – Brymo by overhypedsteve(m): 8:40am On Apr 01, 2018
Brymo is saying the truth sha. Most of us are barely civil. We kill each other with stones, we steal public funds, we kill for power, for sex, we eat endangered life forms, we do not conduct routine research to help check our progress and direct us on recommended changes. We kill ourselves because of cows and cows exercise more civil rights than the average Nigerian. It is well

When you are busy, occupied at work or busy reading for your final exams, stay calm we will handle your undergraduate research project, your Msc project, your PGD project and your PhD thesis. We will work with you through to the end to ensure that you end up with a
Plagiarism free, customs written and standard research project paper.

To place a direct order for a research visit
https://runmyresearch.com/hire-a-researcher/

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Decided To Go Unclad To Tell Nigerians They Are Uncivilized – Brymo by OSUigbo: 8:40am On Apr 01, 2018
Weedfool

With a dying career

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Decided To Go Unclad To Tell Nigerians They Are Uncivilized – Brymo by DaBillionnaire: 8:41am On Apr 01, 2018
sense has really separated from this guy, i hope sense falls back on you later undecided

13 Likes

Re: I Decided To Go Unclad To Tell Nigerians They Are Uncivilized – Brymo by Nobody: 8:41am On Apr 01, 2018
a min tun fuhh that's Chinese idiot
Re: I Decided To Go Unclad To Tell Nigerians They Are Uncivilized – Brymo by Nobody: 8:41am On Apr 01, 2018
lol. osogbo weed has made Brymo gone mad

4 Likes

Re: I Decided To Go Unclad To Tell Nigerians They Are Uncivilized – Brymo by martineverest(m): 8:41am On Apr 01, 2018
hmmmm...I 4give u because of ur good music...

if it was davidoo or wizkid day made such,I for.....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Decided To Go Unclad To Tell Nigerians They Are Uncivilized – Brymo by itzjorju(m): 8:42am On Apr 01, 2018
P
Re: I Decided To Go Unclad To Tell Nigerians They Are Uncivilized – Brymo by HoodBillionaire: 8:42am On Apr 01, 2018
who wan see skeleton
odeh
u feel say u be r.kelly abi
nor be say u geh body o
or say u dey gym
abegi
apako
skeletal system
gay/homo

only homos wear g string.wtf
so disgusting.
where is bob risky abeg

1 Like

Re: I Decided To Go Unclad To Tell Nigerians They Are Uncivilized – Brymo by squareone(m): 8:42am On Apr 01, 2018
Moral of the message start wearin g string nd stop wearin cloth
Re: I Decided To Go Unclad To Tell Nigerians They Are Uncivilized – Brymo by talk2percy(m): 8:42am On Apr 01, 2018
Wetin concern me, nah his body and his biz
Re: I Decided To Go Unclad To Tell Nigerians They Are Uncivilized – Brymo by omoiyalayi(m): 8:43am On Apr 01, 2018
Hmmmmmmm

Brymo Brymo

Re: I Decided To Go Unclad To Tell Nigerians They Are Uncivilized – Brymo by sirlekzy: 8:43am On Apr 01, 2018
READ ALSO: Small Doctor Denies Poisoning Another Artiste » http://www.lekzyloaded.com.ng/entertainment/small-doctor-denies-poisoning-another-artiste
Re: I Decided To Go Unclad To Tell Nigerians They Are Uncivilized – Brymo by Sunymoore(m): 8:43am On Apr 01, 2018
Brymo! Well, we were born naked.. So nothing new
Re: I Decided To Go Unclad To Tell Nigerians They Are Uncivilized – Brymo by Lomprico2: 8:43am On Apr 01, 2018
Take time o! Brymo!! angry

If no b say I be ur fan! Heeeeeh!
Re: I Decided To Go Unclad To Tell Nigerians They Are Uncivilized – Brymo by san316(m): 8:46am On Apr 01, 2018
Na wa ooooo.
Re: I Decided To Go Unclad To Tell Nigerians They Are Uncivilized – Brymo by BabatCargo(m): 8:46am On Apr 01, 2018
Popularity at all cost...

Check my sig

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Timi Dakolo Employs Personal Football Trainer For His Son After Neymar's Deal / Wizkid Shades Davido At Royal Albert Hall, London: We Don't Want Any Funny Voice / Cossy Orjiakor Names Her Cats Buhari And Goodluck

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.