Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,833 members, 7,813,780 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:11 PM

Advice Needed On Toyota Camry Orobo And Babyboy Accord - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Advice Needed On Toyota Camry Orobo And Babyboy Accord (3235 Views)

Toyota Camry Orobo 1998 4-plug N850k (lagos) / Honda Babyboy Abuja, 490k / Honda Accord Babyboy 02 520k. Zold (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice Needed On Toyota Camry Orobo And Babyboy Accord by fuckwell2080: 2:35pm On Apr 01, 2018
I saw a Camry very clean auto, a.c, gear box ok according to owner.but it smoke and the car cannot move the owner said is going for 450k last.is it a good buy or the price is on the high side. The Honda accord baby boy has a.c,auto, gear box select well but the car smoke and also move well. it need a new power steering and one side mirror is broken. the owner said it is 400k last.Is it a good buy or the price is on the high side.gurus in the house can I go ahead and purchase the car with the stated price.
Re: Advice Needed On Toyota Camry Orobo And Babyboy Accord by Oblongata: 2:44pm On Apr 01, 2018
fuckwell2080:
I saw a Camry very clean auto, a.c, gear box ok according to owner.but it smoke and the car cannot move the owner said is going for 450k last.is it a good buy or the price is on the high side. The Honda accord baby boy has a.c,auto, gear box select well but the car smoke and also move well. it need a new power steering and one side mirror is broken. the owner said it is 400k last.Is it a good buy or the price is on the high side.gurus in the house can I go ahead and purchase the car with the stated price.
please go for the orobo

orobo engine is 60k (without gear) and 100k+gear

you can try ringing first...

orobo has more 2nd hand value

it is more rugged and durable

cheaper to maintain

its shaft and bearing does not break down unexpectedly like baby boy

orobo has better absorber and its higher from ground unlike baby boy, therrby ensuring the safety of the exhaust and co

orobo is more spacious and is not as low as baby boy

i have used the both b4

hope i have been helpful?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice Needed On Toyota Camry Orobo And Babyboy Accord by eRex(m): 4:00pm On Apr 01, 2018
Na wa to the observation of Honda n leg issue.
I have seen the following cars with leg issues of recent.
High landers,
Sequoia
Benz
Accord of course
Av also seen Camry.

So I simply conclude that its all about maintenance.

I have used up to 4 babyboys for the past two years at different times and never changed ball joint once.

Reason for selling them is if I get a good offer.

Well I have never used orobo but the present Babyboy I use is *very* economical unlike other Babyboy I have used so I have decided not to sell.
Imagine using 8liters (#1200)of fuel from ikorodu to Yaba n back is like a mystery to me.

I may I drifted more to baby boy but I am only talking from experience. Quite disheartening when pple condemn babyboy so much but you still end up seeing multitude of them on the road. Of course you will end up seeing the ones that have issues on the road too.

My only pro for baby boy against orobo is interior other wise... Check both cars well..
Not a fan of ringing engine.
Babyboy are not low kindly tyre size

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed On Toyota Camry Orobo And Babyboy Accord by fuckwell2080: 4:17pm On Apr 01, 2018
what are my chances if I buy the baby boy and ringing the engine wil it be good the baby boy smoke a little but still drive well.baby boy has one of the best fuel economy that is why I like the car.
Re: Advice Needed On Toyota Camry Orobo And Babyboy Accord by Oblongata: 4:18pm On Apr 01, 2018
eRex:
High landers,
Sequoia
Benz
Accord of course
Av also seen Camry.

I have used up to 4 babyboys for the past two years at different times and never changed ball joint once.

Well I have never used orobo but the present Babyboy I use is *very* economical unlike other Babyboy I have used so I have decided not to sell.
Imagine using 8liters (#1200)of fuel from ikorodu to Yaba n back is like a mystery to me.

I may I drifted more to baby boy but I am only talking from experience. Quite disheartening when pple condemn babyboy so much but you still end up seeing multitude of them on the road. Of course you will end up seeing the ones that have issues on the road too.

My only pro for baby boy against orobo is interior other wise... Check both cars well..

true, area does matters also, i stay in ikorodu (agric), the roads are bad and using baby boy there had been hell for me, orobo was like a mini monster truck, maybe i am sentimental due to my area, if i were to stay on a good road in abuja for instance, i would've preferred baby boy.

my area really messed my baby boy uo, sold it 250 last last

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed On Toyota Camry Orobo And Babyboy Accord by Oblongata: 4:18pm On Apr 01, 2018
eRex:
High landers,
Sequoia
Benz
Accord of course
Av also seen Camry.

true, area does matters also, i stay in ikorodu (agric), the roads are bad and using baby boy there had been hell for me, orobo was like a mini monster truck, maybe i am sentimental due to my area, if i were to stay on a good road in abuja for instance, i would've preferred baby boy.

my area really messed my baby boy up, sold it 250 last last
Re: Advice Needed On Toyota Camry Orobo And Babyboy Accord by eRex(m): 4:26pm On Apr 01, 2018
fuckwell2080:
what are my chances if I buy the baby boy and ringing the engine wil it be good the baby boy smoke a little but still drive well.baby boy has one of the best fuel economy that is why I like the car.

The chances are based on the experience of the Mech...
My biggest error was when I did a DIY. Changed oil while engine was not very cool.
It started smoking since den but runs very super fine.
I did ring engine for 35k but got little success.
Would have just gotten another engine considering the price den.
If pump is bad n not rack.. Small issue.
Please check consumption level well... Av used one that consumes more than my V6 spacebus.
I changed catalyst.. Service nostrils tire..maybe I just didn't diagonise well. But the one I use now, fuel is d least of my concern

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed On Toyota Camry Orobo And Babyboy Accord by fuckwell2080: 4:45pm On Apr 01, 2018
Good do anyone no the current price of baby boy engine and gearbox.someone just told me the engine is 120k now and gearbox 150k
Re: Advice Needed On Toyota Camry Orobo And Babyboy Accord by Nobody: 4:59pm On Apr 01, 2018
eRex:
High landers,
Sequoia
Benz
Accord of course
Av also seen Camry.

Guy that's like 7.7km per litre that's somehow low for City driving. That car should be doing an average of 10 to 14km per litre. Anyways age of the engine must be catching up. I would be in panic mode if my i4 doesn't do 11km per litres
Re: Advice Needed On Toyota Camry Orobo And Babyboy Accord by montero4(m): 6:14pm On Apr 01, 2018
Why would u buy a faulty Orobo and babyboy at such rate? I sold my personal perfect condition Orobo at 450k just 2weeks back. Meanwhile, I suggest u go for Orobo , certain it would serve u better than babyboy. Also, I hope the babyboy in question is not v6?

Re: Advice Needed On Toyota Camry Orobo And Babyboy Accord by Nobody: 6:52pm On Apr 01, 2018
eRex:
High landers,
Sequoia
Benz
Accord of course
Av also seen Camry.

Compare the number of car types with joint issue. I think I have seen more Honda cars with such breakdown.
Re: Advice Needed On Toyota Camry Orobo And Babyboy Accord by fuckwell2080: 7:12pm On Apr 01, 2018
@erex ur orobo is clean waooo.I am not buying the two cars together I will only choose from both of them. the orobo is not v6 and my offer to the orobo will be 250k to 300k how did you see it hope my price is fair enough.
Re: Advice Needed On Toyota Camry Orobo And Babyboy Accord by fuckwell2080: 7:14pm On Apr 01, 2018
@montero ur orobo is clean waooo.I am not buying the two cars together I will only choose from both of them. the orobo is not v6 and my offer to the orobo will be 250k to 300k how did you see it hope my price is fair enough.
Re: Advice Needed On Toyota Camry Orobo And Babyboy Accord by fuckwell2080: 7:18pm On Apr 01, 2018
@montero ur orobo is clean waooo.I am not buying the two cars together I will only choose from both of them. the orobo is not v6 and my offer to the orobo will be 250k to 300k how did you see it hope my price is fair enough if am to buy the baby boy 250k to 300k.
Re: Advice Needed On Toyota Camry Orobo And Babyboy Accord by Shugarlord213: 8:11pm On Apr 01, 2018
montero4:
Why would u buy a faulty Orobo and babyboy at such rate? I sold my personal perfect condition Orobo at 450k just 2weeks back. Meanwhile, I suggest u go for Orobo , certain it would serve u better than babyboy. Also, I hope the babyboy in question is not v6?

Mehn if I saw your car I no go hesitate to buy am at all near and clean muah!!
Re: Advice Needed On Toyota Camry Orobo And Babyboy Accord by captainking(m): 8:23pm On Apr 01, 2018
eRex:
High landers,
Sequoia
Benz
Accord of course
Av also seen Camry.

What do you think about baby boy v6.? I wanna get that..cos I love speed...i currently use v4 baby boy.. And never had issues with my car in 2 years..no single gear or engine issues..
Re: Advice Needed On Toyota Camry Orobo And Babyboy Accord by eRex(m): 9:43pm On Apr 01, 2018
captainking:

What do you think about baby boy v6.? I wanna get that..cos I love speed...i currently use v4 baby boy.. And never had issues with my car in 2 years..no single gear or engine issues..

Honestly... I have never used a v6.
A friend of mine who uses a v6 says it consumption is not that bad. Perhaps it has not been tampered with.
I have a v6 MPV and the baby boy can deliver half the speed I get. My only consolation on the 4plug is the consumption. I have been driving all day on 1k fuel and still got reasonable level left.
Re: Advice Needed On Toyota Camry Orobo And Babyboy Accord by eRex(m): 9:48pm On Apr 01, 2018
muyoge:

Compare the number of car types with joint issue. I think I have seen more Honda cars with such breakdown.

True.. But have u also compare in terms of population:
1 of the most common cars on the road = Babyboy.
1 of the fastest car any young guy that have small cash wants to buy...=baby boy (instead of orobo)
Of cos those with little experience about cars will definitely fall victim of a faulty ball joint.

So if the car is almost so popular on our road, why should it be hard to find it having diverse issues if not well maintained.
Re: Advice Needed On Toyota Camry Orobo And Babyboy Accord by eRex(m): 9:52pm On Apr 01, 2018
johnny1980:

Guy that's like 7.7km per litre that's somehow low for City driving. That car should be doing an average of 10 to 14km per litre. Anyways age of the engine must be catching up. I would be in panic mode if my i4 doesn't do 11km per litres

Do u know ijede in ikorodu... I spend 4 hours 30mins driving daily to n fro work... All these calculation .. I don't get but for what I'm soending, it almost equivalent to using a commercial vehicle from my house.. So it is a plus for me

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed On Toyota Camry Orobo And Babyboy Accord by eRex(m): 9:54pm On Apr 01, 2018
fuckwell2080:
Good do anyone no the current price of baby boy engine and gearbox.someone just told me the engine is 120k now and gearbox 150k

Kindly go to oyingbo and shock yourself.
That how they told me the gear of my rodeo jeep was 120k n I bought it myself 70k.
Re: Advice Needed On Toyota Camry Orobo And Babyboy Accord by captainking(m): 10:42pm On Apr 01, 2018
eRex:

Honestly... I have never used a v6.
A friend of mine who uses a v6 says it consumption is not that bad. Perhaps it has not been tampered with.
I have a v6 MPV and the baby boy can deliver half the speed I get. My only consolation on the 4plug is the consumption. I have been driving all day on 1k fuel and still got reasonable level left.
woa..i wanna use a v6 cos of the speed.. I drove my friends acura 3.5 litre engine and it barely consumes fuel.. Honda baby boy 3.0 litre v6 engine should consume less I guess..
Re: Advice Needed On Toyota Camry Orobo And Babyboy Accord by showafrica(m): 2:04am On Apr 02, 2018
montero4:

Saw this car on jiji where you placed it for 480k way back in Feb, surprised it was still available, I just needed one.
Re: Advice Needed On Toyota Camry Orobo And Babyboy Accord by montero4(m): 7:07am On Apr 02, 2018
fuckwell2080:
@montero ur orobo is clean waooo.I am not buying the two cars together I will only choose from both of them. the orobo is not v6 and my offer to the orobo will be 250k to 300k how did you see it hope my price is fair enough if am to buy the baby boy 250k to 300k.

The choice is still yours anyways, however I would suggest u go for the Orobo: low maintenance, 2nd value and reliable for real. Used mine for about 4yrs, and never had any issues at all. 250 -300k max is good for the Orobo if it's still first body and straight , I think the engine is not more than 70k.
Re: Advice Needed On Toyota Camry Orobo And Babyboy Accord by Miyo190: 8:52am On Apr 03, 2018
fuckwell2080:

Hi my pastor is about to sell his Camry orobo, I could connect you to him...Its definitely going to be a good buy for you as the car is in perfect condition..... call me on 08137937659
Re: Advice Needed On Toyota Camry Orobo And Babyboy Accord by Jkvivi2020: 7:15pm On Apr 03, 2018
oya gurus final answer needed so I can finally decide which one to settle with tomorrow by 2pm.
Re: Advice Needed On Toyota Camry Orobo And Babyboy Accord by Simili(m): 7:55am On Apr 21, 2018
Oblongata:
please go for the orobo

orobo engine is 60k (without gear) and 100k+gear

you can try ringing first...

orobo has more 2nd hand value

it is more rugged and durable

cheaper to maintain

its shaft and bearing does not break down unexpectedly like baby boy

orobo has better absorber and its higher from ground unlike baby boy, therrby ensuring the safety of the exhaust and co

orobo is more spacious and is not as low as baby boy

i have used the both b4

hope i have been helpful?

I need orobo engine... My car dey workshop since December pls how do I get a good engine
Re: Advice Needed On Toyota Camry Orobo And Babyboy Accord by Oblongata: 8:32am On Apr 21, 2018
Simili:

I need orobo engine... My car dey workshop since December pls how do I get a good engine

i got 1recently at owode onirin after miles 12, for 58k at December, that is aside money for fixing in the engine, it is working great even with ac, i will give you the sellers no when i get home as i am away for a function today and his no is on my landline. people say owode sells bad engines though, but this guy's engine is working wonderful!
Re: Advice Needed On Toyota Camry Orobo And Babyboy Accord by Simili(m): 8:43pm On Apr 21, 2018
Oblongata:

i got 1recently at owode onirin after miles 12, for 58k at December, that is aside money for fixing in the engine, it is working great even with ac, i will give you the sellers no when i get home as i am away for a function today and his no is on my landline. people say owode sells bad engines though, but this guy's engine is working wonderful!

Thankz sir hopefully he has d v6 engine... Wí be expecting 08069635218
Re: Advice Needed On Toyota Camry Orobo And Babyboy Accord by fleksy: 8:53pm On Apr 21, 2018
For all your car mechanical challenges....call me on 08025438389

I offer free consultation. I value helping people and providing solutions.that call would save you a lot cost-wise before repairs

I am based in Gbagada Lagos.
Re: Advice Needed On Toyota Camry Orobo And Babyboy Accord by Simili(m): 9:48am On Apr 22, 2018
Goodmorning.. My camry orobo for sale at a very affordable price and negotiable the body is okk but has engine problem.v6 automatic , functional AC 08069635218 at Abaji..
Re: Advice Needed On Toyota Camry Orobo And Babyboy Accord by Simili(m): 9:50am On Apr 22, 2018
Oblongata:

Still expecting the number sir

Thanks
Re: Advice Needed On Toyota Camry Orobo And Babyboy Accord by Oblongata: 7:13pm On Apr 23, 2018
Simili:

Thankz sir hopefully he has d v6 engine... Wí be expecting 08069635218

i will 2moro morning, not been around, sorry sir

(1) (2) (Reply)

Register 2005 Mercedes Benz C 230 (4 cylinders) @ 1.2m / SOLD SOLD SOLD!!!! Used Mercedes Benz C200 Class For Sale For Cheap / Clean Toks Mercedes Benz Elegance 2000 Model For Sale! Just 950k

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.