Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,661 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:36 PM

Moderators, What Is The Aim Behind This Pls? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Moderators, What Is The Aim Behind This Pls? (849 Views)

Okonjo-iweala, Africanfinance Minister Of Theyear-- AIM / Nairaland Moderators, What's The Criteria For Making Front Page? / G4 Activitists And The Moderators: What's The Fuss About? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Moderators, What Is The Aim Behind This Pls? by ifunayam(f): 5:58pm On May 06, 2010
Good day panel of judges, moderators, accurate time-keepers, co-debaters, etc. etc. etc
well let me go straight to the point.

I have noticed that certain words are being replaced with others on here, what could be the reason for this development as it wasnt so earlier, i mean 2 years or more ago.

i just went through some of my posts on here, only to find that they have been edited to a point of misplacing the message therein conveyed.

For instance in a post where i sought info on how to tackle a certain health problem, i found that the word 'kneeple' was changed to 'unmentionable' cheesy cheesy LOLROTF and 'Secs' became intimacy, LOL grin grin and yet another 'raipe' was turned to 'despoil' orishirishi shocked.

i wonder how, first-timers to this LAND are expected to fully grasp the meaning of these new words and understand them in the context of messages being conveyed, seeing as first-timers arent used to nairaland's kind of words.

Just wondering sha, no offence meant anyways, but i think you guys shd see where am heading.
Thanks.
Re: Moderators, What Is The Aim Behind This Pls? by dominique(f): 11:10pm On May 06, 2010
are you just knowing about the word filters?
just go with the flow wink
Re: Moderators, What Is The Aim Behind This Pls? by tayoast(m): 11:24pm On May 06, 2010
how come ORG[i]A[/i]SM is heavenly feeling??

thats ridiculous
Re: Moderators, What Is The Aim Behind This Pls? by semid4lyfe(m): 11:54pm On May 06, 2010
@ ifunayam
Here is the answer you seek
A New Era Of Word Censorship On Nairaland
Re: Moderators, What Is The Aim Behind This Pls? by Gabry(f): 1:48am On May 07, 2010
tayo_ast:

how come ORG[i]A[/i]SM is heavenly feeling??

thats ridiculous

When you reach O R GAS M, dont you have that heavenly feeling?  grin
Re: Moderators, What Is The Aim Behind This Pls? by tayoast(m): 2:27pm On May 07, 2010
ehn ehn. . .so u've been 2 heaven b4?
Tell me abt it. . .
Re: Moderators, What Is The Aim Behind This Pls? by Gabry(f): 2:43pm On May 07, 2010
tayo_ast:

ehn ehn. . .so u've been 2 heaven b4?
Tell me abt it. . .

Haven't you heard of self expression? over exageration of emotions? wink
Re: Moderators, What Is The Aim Behind This Pls? by tayoast(m): 2:49pm On May 07, 2010
no, i havnt
Re: Moderators, What Is The Aim Behind This Pls? by Gabry(f): 2:58pm On May 07, 2010
tayo_ast:

no, i havnt

u no fun ooo sad
Re: Moderators, What Is The Aim Behind This Pls? by tayoast(m): 3:13pm On May 07, 2010
tell me 'bout it na
Re: Moderators, What Is The Aim Behind This Pls? by Gabry(f): 3:32pm On May 07, 2010
tayo_ast:

tell me 'bout it na

No wahalas. This your sickness is curable. All u need to do is pay a visit to Disney land and you will be cured wink
Re: Moderators, What Is The Aim Behind This Pls? by tayoast(m): 3:44pm On May 07, 2010
u're not well. . .kip ur advise 2 ursef
Re: Moderators, What Is The Aim Behind This Pls? by Gabry(f): 2:20am On May 08, 2010
tayo_ast:

u're not well. . .kip your advise 2 ursef

shocked shocked shocked angry angry angry HMM!!! angry

(1) (Reply)

Flying Car Hits Market Next Year, 70 Buyers Show Interest / edit / It's A Lie Ooo Tiwa Savage Is Not A Grammy Nominee But Fela Was Nominated

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.