Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,606 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:00 PM

Founder Of Amazon, Jeff Bezos Lost $54 Billion Over Donald Trump's Opinion - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Founder Of Amazon, Jeff Bezos Lost $54 Billion Over Donald Trump's Opinion (28946 Views)

Uju Anya Insults Jeff Bezos: Says "Otoro gba gbue Gi" / Jeff Bezos Slam Professor Uju Anya For Wishing Elizabeth An ‘Excruciating’ Death / Joe Biden Takes 5,587-vote Lead Over Donald Trump In Pennsylvania (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Founder Of Amazon, Jeff Bezos Lost $54 Billion Over Donald Trump's Opinion by overhypedsteve(m): 8:30am On Apr 02, 2018
Jjj
Re: Founder Of Amazon, Jeff Bezos Lost $54 Billion Over Donald Trump's Opinion by Laredojohn(m): 8:33am On Apr 02, 2018
Hmm Trump and all these policies against the seemingly giants in the USA , Anyways we observing .
By the way we are still shopping and shipping from Amazon , check Link on Signature for info
Re: Founder Of Amazon, Jeff Bezos Lost $54 Billion Over Donald Trump's Opinion by cashreport: 8:34am On Apr 02, 2018
Bill Gates

born to be rich

he is back to Top spot

his luck is just too much
Re: Founder Of Amazon, Jeff Bezos Lost $54 Billion Over Donald Trump's Opinion by Inspire01: 8:38am On Apr 02, 2018
I never knew he is the owner of Washington Post, this will be a long battle between him and Trump
Re: Founder Of Amazon, Jeff Bezos Lost $54 Billion Over Donald Trump's Opinion by mozel247: 8:43am On Apr 02, 2018
See what too much CNN and other liberal outlet had done to ur brain

happney65:
Trump is so so full of lies he lies through lies..I actually thought amazon was trully ripping off usps as Trump said until I read about it well and knew the truth..

Trump is afraid the Washington post owned by Jeff bozos that keeps on bursting his lies would eventually run him down that is why he keeps on coming for Jeff and Amazon..

He is a stupid individual that will soon meet his Waterloo..The Mueller investigation is closing in on him and he is getting worked up..
Re: Founder Of Amazon, Jeff Bezos Lost $54 Billion Over Donald Trump's Opinion by mozel247: 8:47am On Apr 02, 2018
Laredojohn:
Hmm Trump and all these policies against the seemingly giants in the USA , Anyways we observing .
By the way we are still shopping and shipping from Amazon , check Link on Signature for info

He campaign to take down d establishment and give America back to Americans. So hate or loathe him. He is trying to fulfil why he was elected
Re: Founder Of Amazon, Jeff Bezos Lost $54 Billion Over Donald Trump's Opinion by Lexusgs430: 8:50am On Apr 02, 2018
All this money on computer screen sef.......... One right/wrong policy, billions wiped off...........
Re: Founder Of Amazon, Jeff Bezos Lost $54 Billion Over Donald Trump's Opinion by Guidette(f): 8:51am On Apr 02, 2018
How is Trump doing a bad thing here? Amazon/Jeff Bezos paid ZERO, I repeat, ZERO taxes in 2017. In fact he was paid about a net 800 million dollars by the daddy US government! If an Amazon worker earning less than $30,000 paid more taxes than a fucking billionaire... sorry.... the richest man in the world, then you know that it is a broken system that exists in the USA. An oligarchy. Remember even Warren Buffet said a couple of years ago that his secretary paid more taxes than he did.

What Amazon has done is to use its paid lackeys in government especially at the state level on being exempt from tax and even collecting government subsidies for their PRIVATE business. This is a business whose model is to operate at a loss to drive away all competition around it, especially small businesses, and then control more than 50% of the market of the commodity being sold, before hiking their prices. This has made many regular Americans who were using their businesses to get by, close down their shops and made them much poorer plus in more debt.
A rigged system if you ask me, yet gullible Nigerians just see a post and jump on it without knowing the facts. Smh angry

For the unbelievers, here are my sources:
https://itep.org/amazon-inc-paid-zero-in-federal-taxes-in-2017-gets-789-million-windfall-from-new-tax-law/
https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/amazon-earned-5-6b-in-2017-but-paid-no-federal-taxes

10 Likes

Re: Founder Of Amazon, Jeff Bezos Lost $54 Billion Over Donald Trump's Opinion by bigpicture001: 8:51am On Apr 02, 2018
Idrismusty97:
This is why if you are rich, Acquire power at all costs! Whether directly or indirectly. Lobby senators and representatives if you must, Bribe your way up to the top or risk letting one dumbo who doesn't even know how he became president to come fûck you up. Money is power only when you use it right.
..dont call Trump domb,he love the US even more than secretary Clinton thinks she does.its evident

3 Likes

Re: Founder Of Amazon, Jeff Bezos Lost $54 Billion Over Donald Trump's Opinion by Lexusgs430: 8:52am On Apr 02, 2018
Guidette:
How is Trump doing a bad thing here? Amazon/Jeff Bezos paid ZERO, I repeat, ZERO taxes in 2017. In fact he was paid about a net 100 million dollars by the US government! If an Amazon worker earning less than $30,000 paid more taxes than a fucking billionaire, sorry, the richest man in the world, then you know that it is a broken system that exists in the USA. An oligarchy.

Remember even Warren Buffet said a couple of years ago that his secretary paid more taxes than he did. A rigged system if you ask me, yet gullible Nigerians just see a post and jump on it without knowing the facts. Smh angry

The ill's of capitalism + clever accounting......

1 Like

Re: Founder Of Amazon, Jeff Bezos Lost $54 Billion Over Donald Trump's Opinion by FRANKOSKI(m): 8:52am On Apr 02, 2018
IF I DON'T UNDERSTAND THIS POST LEMME GO TO HEAVEN.
Re: Founder Of Amazon, Jeff Bezos Lost $54 Billion Over Donald Trump's Opinion by martineverest(m): 8:53am On Apr 02, 2018
nice one Trump...... Amazon is monopolistic and anti-competitive
Re: Founder Of Amazon, Jeff Bezos Lost $54 Billion Over Donald Trump's Opinion by denjjy(m): 8:57am On Apr 02, 2018
same Jeff Bezos that mocked Mark zugerberg few weeks ago when he lost almost $34 billion dollar. What goes around comes around.

3 Likes

Re: Founder Of Amazon, Jeff Bezos Lost $54 Billion Over Donald Trump's Opinion by martineverest(m): 8:57am On Apr 02, 2018
coluka:
This Trump is a problem
as usual,a typical Nigerian conclusion without knowing what the situation is all about......Trump is right,,Amazon is monopolistic

4 Likes

Re: Founder Of Amazon, Jeff Bezos Lost $54 Billion Over Donald Trump's Opinion by cashreport: 8:58am On Apr 02, 2018
Guidette:
How is Trump doing a bad thing here? Amazon/Jeff Bezos paid ZERO, I repeat, ZERO taxes in 2017. In fact he was paid about a net 100 million dollars by the US government! If an Amazon worker earning less than $30,000 paid more taxes than a fucking billionaire, sorry, the richest man in the world, then you know that it is a broken system that exists in the USA. An oligarchy.

Remember even Warren Buffet said a couple of years ago that his secretary paid more taxes than he did. A rigged system if you ask me, yet gullible Nigerians just see a post and jump on it without knowing the facts. Smh angry
how did u know all this??
imagine Jeff Bezos not paying tax a whole year
Trump has been president so whos fault??
I doubt that he did not pay tax
tax is paid in so many ways.... house, utility bill, goods on transit,. etc

1 Like

Re: Founder Of Amazon, Jeff Bezos Lost $54 Billion Over Donald Trump's Opinion by martineverest(m): 8:59am On Apr 02, 2018
wrong headlines...Amazon lost that amount ,not Jeff bezos

1 Like

Re: Founder Of Amazon, Jeff Bezos Lost $54 Billion Over Donald Trump's Opinion by martineverest(m): 9:00am On Apr 02, 2018
pawesome:
This president made one person to loss dt amount...

While our president made all of us loose our senses grin
the headline is wrong ..it's Amazon,not bezos
Re: Founder Of Amazon, Jeff Bezos Lost $54 Billion Over Donald Trump's Opinion by maasoap(m): 9:01am On Apr 02, 2018
Idrismusty97:
This is why if you are rich, Acquire power at all costs! Whether directly or indirectly. Lobby senators and representatives if you must, Bribe your way up to the top or risk letting one dumbo who doesn't even know how he became president to come fûck you up. Money is only when you use it right.
You had a point but don't get confused about this particular issue. Why do you think Trump is complaining that about Amazon's tax? But the truth is that Trump hasn't lifted a finger against Amazon because that will be a problem but just his comments doing the damage. And there is nothing anyone can do about Trump's comments.
Re: Founder Of Amazon, Jeff Bezos Lost $54 Billion Over Donald Trump's Opinion by nzube89(m): 9:01am On Apr 02, 2018
Political power
Re: Founder Of Amazon, Jeff Bezos Lost $54 Billion Over Donald Trump's Opinion by egojeny1(f): 9:03am On Apr 02, 2018
martineverest:

Hmmm!!
I hope this will not affect stakkers club nigeria
Re: Founder Of Amazon, Jeff Bezos Lost $54 Billion Over Donald Trump's Opinion by cashreport: 9:03am On Apr 02, 2018
martineverest:

his wealth is linked to Amazon

so meaning that his wealth has also dropped

Forbes rate richest with their investment.

anyways my Bill Gates returns back to number 1.

richest man of all time my mentor..bill Gates

1 Like

Re: Founder Of Amazon, Jeff Bezos Lost $54 Billion Over Donald Trump's Opinion by Ijaya123: 9:04am On Apr 02, 2018
happney65:
Trump is so so full of lies he lies through lies..I actually thought amazon was trully ripping off usps as Trump said until I read about it well and knew the truth..

Trump is afraid the Washington post owned by Jeff bozos that keeps on bursting his lies would eventually run him down that is why he keeps on coming for Jeff and Amazon..

He is a stupid individual that will soon meet his Waterloo..The Mueller investigation is closing in on him and he is getting worked up..

I tend to align with your narratives here.
Re: Founder Of Amazon, Jeff Bezos Lost $54 Billion Over Donald Trump's Opinion by cashreport: 9:06am On Apr 02, 2018
Jeff Bezos

dropping to 4th place soon... lol

watch out for new Forbes list by this week

Wednesday

1 Like

Re: Founder Of Amazon, Jeff Bezos Lost $54 Billion Over Donald Trump's Opinion by Guidette(f): 9:07am On Apr 02, 2018
cashreport:

how did u know all this??
imagine Jeff Bezos not paying tax a whole year
Trump has been president so whos fault??
I doubt that he did not pay tax
tax is paid in so many ways.... house, utility bill, goods on transit,. etc

He didn't pay any taxes in 2017. In fact he was paid more money by the government. A simple google search would show you. Plus I know all this information because I read and investigate my news from different outlets and not rely on fake mainstream media news for my information. People need to be more wise and know that all these billionaires don't give a Bleep about us. We are the slave class or the useless eaters as they call us. Research into a lot of things and you will know most of what you have been taught since you were a kid are mostly lies. Be smart, read books, use the internet to your advantage.

Sources
https://itep.org/amazon-inc-paid-zero-in-federal-taxes-in-2017-gets-789-million-windfall-from-new-tax-law/
https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/amazon-earned-5-6b-in-2017-but-paid-no-federal-taxes

4 Likes

Re: Founder Of Amazon, Jeff Bezos Lost $54 Billion Over Donald Trump's Opinion by maasoap(m): 9:12am On Apr 02, 2018
Guidette:
How is Trump doing a bad thing here? Amazon/Jeff Bezos paid ZERO, I repeat, ZERO taxes in 2017. In fact he was paid about a net 100 million dollars by the daddy US government! If an Amazon worker earning less than $30,000 paid more taxes than a fucking billionaire... sorry.... the richest man in the world, then you know that it is a broken system that exists in the USA. An oligarchy. Remember even Warren Buffet said a couple of years ago that his secretary paid more taxes than he did.

What Amazon has done is to use its paid lackeys in government especially at the state level on being exempt from tax and even collecting government subsidies for their PRIVATE business. This is a business whose model is to operate at a loss to drive away all competition around it, especially small businesses, and then control more than 50% of the market of the commodity being sold, before hiking their prices. This has made many regular Americans who were using their businesses to get by, close down their shops and made them much poorer plus in more debt.
A rigged system if you ask me, yet gullible Nigerians just see a post and jump on it without knowing the facts. Smh angry
What about Trump himself and his businesses? Too many allegations of clever tax evasion. Trump knew how the system protects the rich, most especially the job creators like himself. He knew that policy wise, there was little he could against Amazon. So, the only weapon he has is to run the company down with his mouth and give it bad publicity. Most especially, his republican party is notoriously known for prioritising big corporates over smaller ones and citizens.
Re: Founder Of Amazon, Jeff Bezos Lost $54 Billion Over Donald Trump's Opinion by Nobody: 9:17am On Apr 02, 2018
Newsprex:

Source - https://prexblog.com/amazon-lost-53-billion-in-one-day-over-donald-trumps-opinion/

Amazon lost $54b not Jeff!

Wrong caption of the thread.
Re: Founder Of Amazon, Jeff Bezos Lost $54 Billion Over Donald Trump's Opinion by Guidette(f): 9:20am On Apr 02, 2018
maasoap:

What about Trump himself and his businesses? Too many allegations of clever tax evasion. Trump knew how the system protects the rich, most especially the job creators like himself. He knew that policy wise, there was little he could against Amazon. So, the only weapon he has is to run the company down with his mouth and give it bad publicity. Most especially, his republican party is notoriously known for prioritising big corporates over smaller ones and citizens.

I am not American nor do I have a care about their rigged 2 party system. I am a realist and take things as they go. If Trump said something about Amazon and it dropped their share prices, I am happy. Don't give a Bleep about Trump, Republicans, Democrats or any of their stupid charades.

1 Like

Re: Founder Of Amazon, Jeff Bezos Lost $54 Billion Over Donald Trump's Opinion by Nobody: 9:21am On Apr 02, 2018
martineverest:

Exactly.
Re: Founder Of Amazon, Jeff Bezos Lost $54 Billion Over Donald Trump's Opinion by idu1(m): 9:21am On Apr 02, 2018
AlwaysUltraPad:
grin

I once had that argument with my friends. Authority pass power. Government can make or Mar you.

Which one should one pray to have?
Re: Founder Of Amazon, Jeff Bezos Lost $54 Billion Over Donald Trump's Opinion by Lincolnburrows(m): 9:26am On Apr 02, 2018
happney65:

U mean the Mueller investigation that the republican senators have concluded as "no collusion '. It's a complete waste of time and taxpayers money.
Re: Founder Of Amazon, Jeff Bezos Lost $54 Billion Over Donald Trump's Opinion by banio: 9:30am On Apr 02, 2018
Bezos lost $54billion. Who gained it. This shares up and down movement is so sweet. I love it. The poor don't lose money because they are scared to invest a penny.
Re: Founder Of Amazon, Jeff Bezos Lost $54 Billion Over Donald Trump's Opinion by wailersarefools: 9:32am On Apr 02, 2018
54 billion dollars? Nawa. And Nigeria still dey struggle with 40 billion dollars for foreign reserve. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

China To Ban ‘Sissy Idols’ And ‘Effeminate Men’ From Entertainment / White House Weighs Three-Way Deal To Get Fighter Jets To Ukraine / Jacob Zuma Granted Compassionate Leave To Attend His Brother's Funeral

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.